News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Jie-Ming's Bling

Started by Kwokinator, June 12, 2005, 11:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeram

Jie-Ming cracks his knuckles dramatically.  "Ah, I see.  A reasonable answer - but perhaps you could answer one more question for me.  Is there something 'fishy' going on with the butcher down the street?"

Jie-Ming raises an eyebrow questioningly.
t takes a mighty pen to write fanfiction.

-Jeram

Kwokinator

"What do you mean, 'fishy'?" the owner looked at Jie-Ming questioningly. "He's a butcher."

Jeram

Jie-Ming looks taken aback.  "But surely you've noticed if anything 'odd' is going on over there - fish aside."

-Jeram

Kwokinator

"No, he's just a normal butcher."

"Why do you insist on asking," the owner looked at Jie-Ming quizically. "Do you WANT there to be something wrong with the people in the city?"

Jeram

Jie-Ming smiles, trying not to show his gritted teeth.  "Are you sure you're not trying to hide something from me? I've been hearing rumors that you might know something about the butcher's problem.  People are talking, you know."

-Jeram

Kwokinator

The pawn shop owner's begins to cloud over.

"Look, if you're here for business, I'll be glad to deal with you.  If you're here just to waste my time, go."

Jeram

Jie-Ming frowns.  "Fine! What kind of weapons do you sell here? I am looking for a very ancient weapon... perhaps you've heard of it? It was created by Master Pan from Changsha."

-Jeram

Kwokinator

"Everyone has heard of the famous sword," the owner scoffed. "But no one has ever found it, it's probably nothing but a myth."

Jeram

Jie-Ming raises an eyebrow and rubs his chin thoughtfully.  "I had heard of that legend myself... but I also heard that his only son lived in this very village.  Perhaps you've met him?"

-Jeram

Kwokinator

"Never heard he had a son," the owner replies, his patience beginning to wear thin. "And if he was in a small village like this, we'd know.  Everyone knows everyone here.  Now are you here to conduct business or chit chat?"

Jeram

"Fine, then..."  Jie-Ming moves closer.  "May I inspect your wares?"

-Jeram

Kwokinator

"Name something you want," the shop owner asked in return. "I've got too much to list."

Jeram

Jie-Ming waves his hand dismissively.  "Never mind, I don't have time to look over your items."  Jie-Ming walks away from the pawn shop and scans the street for a possible place to rest - if just for a few minutes.

-Jeram

Kwokinator

"Well, don't waste my time!" the owner cried out as Jie-Ming began to leave.  

On the way out, Jie-Ming felt a bump on his shoulder as he brushed by a slim figure in battered clothing.

Jeram

Jie-Ming frowns and checks his person quickly, checking to see if anything is missing.  He prepares to turn around and try to get a better look at the stranger.

-Jeram