News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Big Guns For Bing-Gan

Started by Kwokinator, June 13, 2005, 01:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwokinator

The streets of Xiang Yang is full of people going about their daily activities, much like any other major city.  There are markets, shops, and street performers trying to earn their living with their chosen craft.

What is different about Xiang Yang, is the presence of a single girl performing an unorthodox art.  Where most people show off various martial arts styles or tricks they can do with their bodies, the girl in question is playing with a puppet, a mere child's passtime.

"Boo!" rings out from amongst the audience, and it is echoed by several others.  Several members of the audience begin to leave, leaving the girl with no more money than what she came with.

Corwin

"Hey!" Bing-Gan exclaims, peeved. "Ban-Ban knows more martial arts than all of you put together!" To make her point, she puts the doll through several moves, as it waves its small scythe at the losers leaving the audience. "He's awesome! You should be honored to see him in action!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Kwokinator

Murmurs begin to ring amongst the audience, as they witness the rude display of the lone girl standing in front of them.  More of the audience begins to turn away to leave.

Corwin

Bing-Gan contemplates challenging one of them to a fight against her puppet, but quickly discards the idea as being too bothersome. Sighing, she instead collects said puppet and puts it back in her pack, muttering about people not recognizing Ban-Ban's coolness.

Done with that, she decides to check out the martial artists performing on the streets, while on the lookout for a place she could stay for the night.

Kwokinator

The performers are not attracting many audiences, most of what is being performed has already been performed, either by the same martial artists or another one.  The street performers usually do not stray far from the mainstream styles like the dao or jian, and the weapons are usually being used in such a way that it is pleasing to the eye, but does not offer too much actual combat values.

Ahead, a couple of inns lie on both sides of the street.  Long Teng Ke Zhan, or literally "Dragon Soaring Inn", Sing Hui Ke Zhan, literally "Glorious Star Inn", and Yong Da Ke Zhan, or literally "Forever Achieved Inn".

Corwin

The entertainers don't really entertain her, so Bing-Gan decides to go and check out the Forever Achieved Inn, briefly checking her cash supply once she's away from the crowd.

Kwokinator

After she opens her wallet, Bing-Gan realizes why she was puppeteering in the first place: she is low on money.

She has about 10 bronze coins and 10 tael of silver.  It is enough for a decent meal and a night or two of accomodations, but would not last much beyond that.

"Hello," a friendly waiter greeted as she enters the Forever Achieved Inn. "How many people?"

Corwin

"One adult and one puppet," Bing-Gan replies. "We'll need a room for tonight, and something to eat. How much would that be?"

Kwokinator

"That depends on what you would like to eat," the waiter answered. "A night's stay and a meal can be had for as little as two tael of silver or as much as ten."

Corwin

"We'll go for the two tael thing, then," Bing-Gan tells him, shrugging. "No sense in using up all our money so soon."

Kwokinator

"Two tael of silver can get you four steamed buns, green beans with beef, and a night in our Ren rooms, which is our average-class rooms," the waiter replied. "Will that be enough?"

Corwin

"Sure!" She gives the waiter a smile. "That's the nicest thing anyone's told me ever since I came to this town, you know?"

Bing-Gan fishes out the money he asked, and hands it over, saying, "Here you go, two tael of silver."

Kwokinator

The young waiter smiles shyly, and pockets the money.

"I'll show you to your room," he turns and begins to lead Bing-Gan upstairs.  The room is not in the long hallway above the stairs, but one right turn after.  He opens the door with a push, and gestures inside.

"Just come down to the restaurant when you want to eat."

Corwin

Bing -Gan nods at him, and steps inside the room. She takes the time to unpack her puppet and settle it next to the bed comfortably. Once the waiter's left, she closes the door and lays down to take a short nap till supper.

Corwin

After a nice nap, Bing-Gan wakes up in a good mood, having had her favorite dream where money flies over to her as she sunbathes lazily. Refreshed, she makes sure she's presentable, and decides to go downstairs and take that waiter up on his offer of food.