News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Brian on November 02, 2011, 01:12:49 PM
What have I wrought?

Are you going to replace your avatar with an image of you staring at the sky and shouting "WHY?!"

Brian

I dunno if Kakashi would do that.

On the other hand:
Spoiler: ShowHide
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Dracos! You cannot usurp my position as the no-link master!

Dracos

Fair nuff.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/238743/Kind_Fearless_Leader Linked.

What, you thought I was going to link a dozen fics in a post?  Serious?

There is a And They Will Be Great thing that I don't remember the link to that might qualify as well.  I never actually got far into it, but it involved a focus on Sakura/Naruto working together to put their team back together.

I actually started going down that list yesterday.  It's what brought Patriot Dawn out.  I'll probably keep going, maybe something will be good.  I am not tvtropes aware enough to do a page there. :( hmm.
Well, Goodbye.

Jason_Miao

Oh, and obligatory response to "I wish there was a fic that did X."

thepanda

Jason_Miao

Brian

The writing forum awaits.  :3

~exploding tag~

Brian

I read this:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7515482/1/Bizarruhi

I wouldn't even have mentioned it, except for this amusing coincidence as I remarked at about the halfway point:

* Kuyou reads a fic about an AU/reverse Haruhi meeting Kyon. Something about this....
<Kuyou> Okay, replace 'reverse Haruhi' with 'Sasaki', and this kinda works.

...and then I read sarsaparilla's review on it.  :p

~exploding tag~

Dracos

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6813473/1/One_Small_Kindness

I have a feeling I read part of this before.  But it's kept going, finished, and its sequel is being updated regularly.

It is a story of Uchiha Mikoto being a hero and the setup for a Konoha where the Uciha slaughter gets stopped.
Well, Goodbye.

sarsaparilla

Quote from: Brian on November 02, 2011, 11:25:37 PM
* Kuyou reads a fic about an AU/reverse Haruhi meeting Kyon. Something about this....
<Kuyou> Okay, replace 'reverse Haruhi' with 'Sasaki', and this kinda works.

...and then I read sarsaparilla's review on it.  :p

I actually got a reply that it was a coincidence, as the author hadn't read any of the later novels. I recommended doing some background research as the angle was kind of obvious, and possibly very relevant to the plot. The fic is technically okay, so if the author is willing to adjust the characterization a bit then it may well be worth reading.

Brian

I commented similar to him on the tvtropes thread, before I found out he considers me a rival. >.>

Evidently, his 'overly narrow superlative' pothole was removed by a mod because K:BDH fit the same criteria....

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Damn it! I was really enjoying this fic. Then I hit the last chapter and saw it hasn't been updated in over a year. ;_;

Dracos

Which fic?  That's the author's site.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

The Truth Decays.

I liked it enough to see what else s/he's written. So far Invert has been decent.