News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Man, glad I was watching here.  I missed that both Daybreak and Delande Est had a SECOND update chapter.

This last few days has been a flood of awesome.  Daybreak, Delande Est, Hell is a Martial Artist, Big human on campus.  Yadda yadda :)

Fateblack reflection also updated, but it's still in interludes of lame.
Well, Goodbye.

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Dracos on December 25, 2011, 03:29:32 PM
This last few days has been a flood of awesome.  Daybreak, Delande Est, Hell is a Martial Artist, Big human on campus.  Yadda yadda :)
Some more bonus awesome:

Poking around on Ozz's page also yields another fic.  It may be worth noting that per the author notes, this is a oneshot.  It's not noted in the fic summary, or anywhere before the beginning.

Since this is an "also posted" post, I should mention that Black Dragon also posted http://www.fanfiction.net/s/718744/20/Yagami_1_2 on the 24th.  I didn't note this the first time, since I was not aware of anyone on the forum following this fic.  But if you didn't get enough of the golf club and lack of Akane from BHoC, here's another fic that doesn't address anything like it.

Dracos

I tried checking out Yagami, but really, he started writing it about a decade ago, so looking at the beginning to remind myself what's going on is painful as can be.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Jason_Miao on December 25, 2011, 08:21:40 PM
Quote from: Dracos on December 25, 2011, 03:29:32 PM
Some more bonus awesome:

Poking around on Ozz's page also yields another fic.  It may be worth noting that per the author notes, this is a oneshot.  It's not noted in the fic summary, or anywhere before the beginning.

Interesting little fic. It feels more like a fragment than a full on story, with just enough going on to tantalize.  The basic concept is solid enough - if you ever want to hook Ranma up with someone, the bisexual/lesbian issue is a good one. He wants it both ways, only one girl is willing, bam. Considering the three main fiances, any of them can be interpreted to be bi easily enough. It's the questions that it raises and leaves unsaid that make it a good fic. It does just enough with it's premises to intrigue me.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

thepanda

Anastasia

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/251767.html

Dungeon Keeper Ami updated. It seems that the author has settled into bi-weekly updates again. Too bad, weekly updates fit the size of the updates really rather well. Two weeks makes the story drag extra-strong. Still not a bad update, with the next OH SHIT ENEMY being revealed.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/25/Sleeping_With_The_Girls_Vol_II_Chaos_Theory

Sleeping with the Girls 2 updated. This is really a transitional and wind down chapter after the last one or two, so don't go in expecting more craziness.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Something about the author's Ranma doesn't read right to me. The way he talks, the way he acts is subtly off. It might just be me, as I've read Ranma fanfics for over ten years and am rather sensitive to these things. Dunno.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jon

I'm reading Friendship is Adventuring, which is John Biles writing the MLP crew as a D&D adventuring party in the Mystara setting (which I know practically nothing about). It's narrated by a human OC (who may be one of Biles' old D&D characters). The OC can get a bit annoying, but it's still better than it has any right to be.

Also, has a Tropes page.

thepanda

Man, I didn't know he was still writing. And is that some My-hime fanfiction I spot?

Jon

Quote from: thepanda on December 31, 2011, 06:30:47 AM
Man, I didn't know he was still writing.

Apparently he's active both on spacebattles and rpg.net.

He also started working on a NGE / Middle Earth Legendarium crossover; that is, the Silmarillion forms the world's backstory.

It's got a lot of singing, as perhaps you'd expect. And I don't think I got all the references. But it's still good.

Jason_Miao

Randomly clicking about some sites, I stumbled upon this old fic.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041012071003/http://www.gci-net.com/users/w/wildeman/Sanrio.txt

(Yes, that's right.  I read a Hello Kitty fanfic.  The shame.)

Jon

Heartlands of Time updated.

I am this close to giving zero fucks about what Joe has planned next. This close.

Kt3

As far as I'm concerned, Wastelands of Time never had a sequel.

Heartlands never captured my interest in the first couple of chapters and just kind of ploddered off (and yes I declare that to be a word) so I just stopped reading it a long time ago.  Figured if he couldn't do the basic concept of an opening scene right for that story, then the rest of it would follow something in the same steps.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Dracos

Delande Est is a better Potter fic.

Even the original, while readable, had the problem that the author clearly didn't have a solid decision on what was done with it.  The shaky time travel elements aside, from its Romance arc it set up with 2 characters originally and then just summarily dropped one.  It also has folks reacting the the understanding of time traveler infinity strangely.  It really shouldn't result in 'oh and now harry is an inhuman monster' any more than his behavior otherwise already merits.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Joe's version of Atlantis is amazingly compelling, though. (So much so that I've stolen parts of it for my own plots.)

thepanda

Things We Trade For Freedom

I knew if I kept looking I'd finally find a stargate/buffy crossover that didn't fall into the 'xander/buffy/willow are god-mode sues and the SGC useless cheerleaders that have to bend over and take whatever abuse comes their way' mold.

Took long enough.