News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, in any timeline without link stopping him, Ganon is pretty badass.

I am rereading fics.  Ninja fics.  Better ones than Suddenly, Posers.  One of a team closely knit by philosophy.  Another involving Ranma being held to ridiculous standards. 

And then...

Sexy Ninja Summon Methodology: Book-Chuck.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

QuoteAnother involving Ranma being held to ridiculous standards.
???

Dracos

Tales of the Foxcat.  I still like it, but I gave Ozzallos shit about it last time, and I still think that basically he has Kurenai pull a completely bunk move on Ranma at the end of the last chapter that's just the last in a set of expecting Ranma to live up to requirements way outside his physical age group in the story.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

History Isn't Always

A Naruto time travel fic. Pretty decent. Manages to avoid many of the cliche's Naruto-time0travel stories tend toward. The author has trouble with where to begin/end a paragraph, though.

DY

Speaking of ninja fics, It's the Shinobi Life for Us. A Ranma/Naruto crossover.

http://vasey.setsuna.us/RN.htm
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/253076.html

DK:A updated. In this episode, everyone reacts the boom and is glad the author finally got another chapter out, despite being sick for two weeks straight.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jason_Miao

This was kind of neat.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7096419/1/Rise_of_the_Uchiha

Quote from: Anastasia on March 09, 2012, 01:21:36 PM
DK:A updated.

"I hope a huge seething fireball fits into the plan."
For some reason, I am having remarkable trouble trying to visualize a seething fireball.

Arakawa

Quote from: Anastasia on March 09, 2012, 01:21:36 PM
DK:A updated.

It's a good day to be a pyro.

Quote from: Jason_Miao on March 09, 2012, 01:27:40 PM
For some reason, I am having remarkable trouble trying to visualize a seething fireball.

Now try to visualize a seething fireball that's five miles underwater, which you are watching through a crystal ball. And the ocean is on fire.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

About my take on it, yes. Fire and water is gonna make some pissed off fire. >_>
<Afina> Forever.

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on March 09, 2012, 02:00:05 PM
Now try to visualize a seething fireball that's five miles underwater, which you are watching through a crystal ball. And the ocean is on fire.
Underwater volcanic eruption, being watched via a distorted TV.

Kt3

Just read Harry Potter and the Something Something by Legendary Legacy, a parody/mockfic that made me laugh a good number of times.  Couple of spots that could be polished for better chuckles, but it was fun to read.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Dracos

Quote from: DY on March 07, 2012, 12:56:10 AM
Speaking of ninja fics, It's the Shinobi Life for Us. A Ranma/Naruto crossover.

http://vasey.setsuna.us/RN.htm

Mmm, looked over it.  Props for it being completed, but felt a little...rough.  Convenient.  And I lost interest in it from that.  "Okay, demon fight happened, 3 ranma cast now in Konoha.  Okay, instantly brought to ibiki.  Okay, let go without torture and made ninja of the leaf.  Okay...I stopped there, which is toward the end of chapter 1 and before whatever real hook draws the story along.
Well, Goodbye.

Kt3

It's not completed.  I thought it was rather... alright.  A little rough would probably be the best description of it.  Also, I wasn't really sure as to what sort of theme or mood it was trying to go with.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

DY

I agree that it's a little rough, but I enjoy reading it ^^.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7207791/18/From_Fake_Dreams

From Fake Dreams updated. This Grail War is looking to be the biggest clusterfuck this side of Skysaber. Gonna have a whoooole lot of meddling now, even moreso.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Assuming Shiro summons a servant - which at this point could derail off of and UBW is arguably enough to let him compete with servants anyway - I wonder if he's going to summon someone new or unusual. His whole vampire thing might be enough miss Saber.
<Afina> Forever.