News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Harry Potter and the God of Death updated.  haven't yet read.  More of a guilty amusement.  Sticking an AU bleach investigating dementors.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Quote from: Dracos on April 27, 2012, 03:13:13 PM
Harry Potter and the God of Death updated.  haven't yet read.  More of a guilty amusement.  Sticking an AU bleach investigating dementors.

I thought I put that here already. >_>;

Not much of a chapter. Worse, the next update isn't until July.

Anastasia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7207791/19/From_Fake_Dreams

Chapter 19 of From Fake Dreams is out. I don't have much to say about this chapter, except that it feels like he's setting up this Grail War to be a bigger and bigger cluster fuck.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3384712/1/The_Lie_Ive_Lived

Kind of an interesting premise.  After the dementor attack at the end of book three, Harry gains all of his father's memories.  Not quite a Peggy Sue fic, naturally, and takes some interesting directions from cannon.

Some annoyance in early chapters, but ended decently.  Was surprised.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Jon

Yeah, I liked that one, largely for the different approach to the Trials.

DY

My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

alethiophile

Ah, yes. That's rather a good one, particularly in its handling of the Marauder time period. Though the new stuff is also good.

Jon

I stopped reading Delenda Est, because I couldn't bring myself to care about what's happening in the revised "present".

Yuthirin

Quote from: Jon on April 30, 2012, 03:13:30 AM
I stopped reading Delenda Est, because I couldn't bring myself to care about what's happening in the revised "present".
That's really the entire point of the story though.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

If that's the case, the transition should have been handled better. I don't recall the specifics of it, but I know I lost interest in the fic at the same point as Jon. I couldn't bring myself to care about what was going on anymore, which combined with pacing/time between chapters, hurt chances of retaining interest.

I do agree that the initial portion of the story is very good though and worth reading.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

The first skip in the present is pretty poorly handled, but it's been bringing it up well from that point and I'd recommend another readthrough.

I don't think moving through time was the entire point, but to me the point is Harry and Bella being awesome and holding a shadow war against Voldemort, and it looks like that's started up again.  Haven't read the most recent chapter, but good to see.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Hmmm, I kind of wish the chapter was longer but it established a few things well and moved the story along.

Kinda curious what box they'll stick Draco Malfoy in.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Big Human on Campus now has a side-story?  Will have to read ... tomorrow:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8084013/1/Big_Human_on_Campus_After_School
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Brian on May 04, 2012, 04:02:50 AM
Big Human on Campus now has a side-story?  Will have to read ... tomorrow:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8084013/1/Big_Human_on_Campus_After_School

In a very tragic and sudden change of pace from BD's normal works, Ranma fights cancer.

Also, looks like a new chapter of Guardian is out.

-edit-

I am impressed with chapter 2.  And no, this isn't one of my typical "spoilers" this time.

Dracos

That was fun.  I enjoyed.
Well, Goodbye.