"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Quote from: Yuthirin on November 07, 2015, 05:12:01 PM
Quote from: Merc on November 07, 2015, 12:02:19 AM
Even the ones on Questionable Questing and AO3?

Reeeeehh I'd stay away from a lot of those.
I would too! But Rukatin said he's reading ALL of them! So I was curious if ALL really meant ALL! =D
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

He probably wasn't until you guys pointed it out to him!

Rukatin

I hadn't heard of the Questionable Questing forums before. Now I am surfing through them. Stop helping my problem.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Yuthirin

There's more on Sufficient Velocity. In case you didn't know.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

I'll assume you know of Spacebattles.

Are you reading through all of the worm ideas threads in Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity? There's a lot of oneshots in those!

And don't forget the Quest forums! Those are a thing (A pick your own adventure type thing) too!

*Administrator* [HALPING!]
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Rukatin

Quote from: Merc on November 07, 2015, 10:59:58 PM
I'll assume you know of Spacebattles.

Are you reading through all of the worm ideas threads in Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity? There's a lot of oneshots in those!

And don't forget the Quest forums! Those are a thing (A pick your own adventure type thing) too!

*Administrator* [HALPING!]

Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity are my go-to for fanfiction.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

Quote from: thepanda on November 06, 2015, 10:32:08 AM
Recoil updated

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/recoil.299321/page-67#post-19576498

Interesting reading without any real context on canon, the story playing on a a pretty considerable long game fixup of the world.
Well, Goodbye.

Jason_Miao

Anastasia

Nice. About time this got moving again, I still want to see it end. At the least, I wanna see it get past that dang dwarf arc that's dragged.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jason_Miao

Likewise.  Two and a half years of dwarf arc is quite enough for me.

Dracos

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/wyvern-worm-au-fanfic.21076  Amusing dragon worm.

Wandering backwards through sufficient velocity and space battles based on post count per thread.  I think trump and With Friends Like These Who Needs Enemies? pushed me over on Worm enjoyment, but most I've passed have been kinda mediocre.  Skipping the SIs.  Read another that was so-so and ended suddenly in the middle.  Still wandering.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/goblin-queen-vii-worm-exalted.307078/ Read through this.  It is sort of a mix of neat and incoherent, generally following a story of Taylor a reality warping raksha?  I dunno, not sure.  At it's best, it has Taylor meddling with the strings of reality while doing word-fu to people and trying to find a grounding for herself.

At it's worst it'll got like 6 chapters without any clear view of why any of this relates or will ever relate to any of the core cast.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on November 21, 2015, 07:07:41 PM
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/goblin-queen-vii-worm-exalted.307078/ Read through this.  It is sort of a mix of neat and incoherent, generally following a story of Taylor a reality warping raksha?  I dunno, not sure.  At it's best, it has Taylor meddling with the strings of reality while doing word-fu to people and trying to find a grounding for herself.

At it's worst it'll got like 6 chapters without any clear view of why any of this relates or will ever relate to any of the core cast.

It really is. It's a strange mix of interesting, odd and just plain weird. Very much hit and miss.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/heels-over-head-worm-altpower-taylor.5178/

This was sort of neat.  Similar to Trump Card though with a different spin.  Taylor gets the "I counter any power close to me" power (revealed in chapter 1).  Strangely glosses over the bullying and has one of the very few Taylor/Sophia being friends takes that I've seen.
Well, Goodbye.