News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Anime games discussion thread

Started by Merc, July 07, 2005, 01:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Okay, a few months back in the "Games folks would like to play" thread I requested for more anime games in the board.

I haven't really seen much in that regard, so I'm hoping to spark something by expanding on that thread and asking this instead:

What Anime/Manga games would folks like to play?

I want to see people talk about series they'd want to see games for, maybe even what they -don't- want to see games for, bounce around plot ideas, and hopefully strike up some interest in potential GMs to actually run games for them.

I'll also toss in an offer to be one of those GMs. While I'd much prefer playing in one, I have sorta wanted to try my hand at running a game again. I haven't really made up my mind on what series though, so I want to see what people would like to join firstly.

Anyhoo, I'll start off.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Anime games I'd like to play in:
A shounen-based series like One Piece, Inu-Yasha, or Ranma would be neat. I'd love to play Sanji or Miroku in particular.

Also, something with world jumping ala Sliders/Tsubasa Chronicles would kick ass. The thought of jumping into fanfic worlds is just nifty.

What I wouldn't want to play in:
Hrmmm... difficult to decide offhand, but I think something from the mahou shoujo/sentai genre. I'm already playing a magical girl in Dune's game, another game of the sort probably wouldn't appeal.

Series I've given some thought towards GMing:
Well, like I said in the previous post, I'm not sure yet what to GM, though I have given some thoughts to some series. I have some vague plot ideas for One Piece, Inu Yasha, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Carthrat

SLAYERS.

Er.

I tossed around in my head the idea of a Ranma game the other day. I'm wondering just how canonical I'd have it. I'd likely lean to starting the series from 'the start' again. Hmm. I'd ban original characters (ha-har!) and force everyone to pick someone from the series, except have the change one or two critical facts about their character. (The curse, their past, whatever.) Send the whole series spiralling in new and interesting directions!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

I could think of ways to run a 'Tsubasa' game, I think.

Hmm...I'd play in a Ranma game. Or InuYasha. Hmm...Tsukihime would be fun.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Sunhawk

A Ranma game as suggested would be... interesting... I'll vote for that ^_^

Slayers... did one like that a while back with the denizens of #inuyasha on nabiki.  Was quite fun, and I wouldn't mind doing something like that again.

Liddo-kun

Bleach.  I've had Bleach on the brain lately so I wouldn't mind a game based off of that series.  On a slightly similar line, I wouldn't mind Flame of Recca game either.

Of the games mentioned above, I think Inuyasha is the only one that appeals to me in even the slightest bit.
Liddo-kun: Bjorn is the rain gutter in which all the dirty thoughts of humanity flow into?
Bjorn: I prefer, instead, to think of myself as the crap that blocks the rain gutters, causing the dirty thoughts of humanity to back up, fill the streets, and flood your basements.

Ebiris

A campy Giant Robot game would be cool.

Edward

I was enjoying the ROD setting one while it lasted.  *Sighs*

I think the Cowboy Bebop, Ecaflowne, and Patlabor settings have some potential.  Or the setting of the Appleseed manga.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Kaji Onizuka

Most of the one's I would have suggested are up here. Ranma, Inu-Yasha, Slayers, One Piece, etc. Expect for one, Scryed (or s-CRY-Ed). Scryed interested me since I saw the first ep. back on Adult Swim.
FO,
Great Fighter Onizuka

Dracos

Quote from: "Edward"I was enjoying the ROD setting one while it lasted.  *Sighs*

I think the Cowboy Bebop, Ecaflowne, and Patlabor settings have some potential.  Or the setting of the Appleseed manga.

*pats* Ye get the worst luck with 'em :\

Wish we could do better by that.  Working on getting more/better GMs around. =)

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Naruto! Much Ninja actions!

(Yes, I am kidding. Sort of. It might be worthwhile, if only to focus on the more interesting characters.)

I've also got a Vague Idea for a Fate/Stay Night game, though, not sure if that counts as anime. But there are doujin, so it must be manga!

Anyway, assuming I nail it down, I'll run that.
---

Merc

My knowledge of Fate/Stay Night is severely limited, I just have the very basest gist of the story, so that'd be hard for me to get into, I think.

Naruto's fairly easy to do a plot for, I mean, you just create a mission profile, give it a rank, and then for 3-5 players, set up a 3-man team, a jounin if there's 4 players, and some other ranked ninja for a 5th player. Voila, instant starting plot. Toss in a few missing nins to make the mission more challenging, some plot twists here and there, and that's pretty much all you need. ^_^

Dracos

Quote from: "Carthrat"SLAYERS.

Er.

I tossed around in my head the idea of a Ranma game the other day. I'm wondering just how canonical I'd have it. I'd likely lean to starting the series from 'the start' again. Hmm. I'd ban original characters (ha-har!) and force everyone to pick someone from the series, except have the change one or two critical facts about their character. (The curse, their past, whatever.) Send the whole series spiralling in new and interesting directions!

Do that rat.  Toss up the game.

I'll bet you that you get a full cast.

=D

Dracos
Who demand someone run an anime game =P
Well, Goodbye.

Sunhawk

Would it be entirely freeform (superior) or based on a system (BESM or the like - inferior)?

Bean Bandit

QuoteMy knowledge of Fate/Stay Night is severely limited, I just have the very basest gist of the story, so that'd be hard for me to get into, I think.

Eh, I don't think anyone has actually played the game, but the Type-Moon Encyclopaedia page has enough details that I was planning on trying to construct my own game, with that as a skeleton.
---