News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Journey to the Tower That Strikes Through The Earth

Started by Dracos, August 31, 2005, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexie Oblivion

Darx, tired of waiting on his comrades, grins widely and turns back, looking for an entrance in.
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Dracos

On one side there are stairs of warm stone rising up from the sands towards the tower, coming, about five feet up, to an end against a large solid steel door.  More of a massive gateway really than a door, as it stood tall enough for an ogre to walk through if it was open, and three could traverse it shoulder to shoulder without trouble.

It was plain and without any marking whatsoever to indicate that it was in such harsh desert elements.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dexie Oblivion

Darx races up the stairs, with no regard for his teammates at all, and pauses, staring up at the door.

"This is it..." he whispers, running a hand over the warm steel and smiling.  He closes his eyes a moment and chuckles.

"And they said we would all perish if we came here....I feel nothing threatening in the air here.  Fools."

The winged man opens his eyes, and quickly grabs the door handle, giving it a sharp pull to try and open it.
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Dracos

There was no handle.

In fact, the door was not warm at all, but deathily cold, a grim chill filling the air as Darx found himself thrust back off the stairs and to the sands below.  The gateway twisted, it's steel center warping and distorting as it pushed forward into a grim and monsterous face.

The air shook as the face intoned, the metal twisting and groaning with the motion.

IT IS NOT TIME

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"Time? Time for what?" whispers Mei-Ling, hands hanging limply at her sides. "Who would have thought.. the tower can communicate."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

The ground shuddered and shook.

THE WAY IS LOCKED

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Mei-Ling steadies herself, feeling for the spirits of the earth, trying to soothe and calm them from their groans and moans.

Shukuen

Leets stared warily at the monumental face as it intoned its warning to their party. He could feel voice rumbling through his very bones as the chill of death wafted over them.

"Okay, guys, I thought I got used to the wasteland weirdness, but apparently I was wrong," he said, keeping an eye on Darx incase he did something else foolish.

Like unleashing Farnham's demons.

Or worse.

He pulled over his goggles, using their dark lenses to check the sun's position in the sky and gauge how much time was left in the day.

Carthrat

"Will he try to force the door?" says Mei-Ling, staring. "That tower.. it's alive, or worse.."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

"Hmph. So much for that." Jan walked up, shielding his eyes as he looked at the tower's entrance. He could almost physically feel the menace this building was putting out, skin chilling in the bright day.

He looked over to Mei-Ling curiously. "What an odd place to meet a stranger. Why are you here?" Turning back to the tower, he continued. "I guess we should get the heck out of here or piss that building off."
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Shukuen

"Well, as interesting as this little detour has been, I should be going now if I want to make it to Vault City," Leets said, taking his goggles off after he finished checking the time.

"Are any of you coming or should I just meet you someplace else?"

Olvelsper

"I'll go to Vault City too. I have something I want to check up on there." Jan responded to Leet's request, lightly shrugging his pack slightly higher up on his shoulders.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

ONLY BEARING THE STAR OF HEAVEN MAY ONE ENTER

The door intoned as the face blended away to nothing.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Leets blinked, watching the face melt back into the door with an oppressive silence.

"What's this 'Star of Heaven' it was talking about?" he asked no one in particular.