Journey to the Tower That Strikes Through The Earth

Started by Dracos, August 31, 2005, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

They arrived at the tower, the dark spire twisting up from the desert sands into the sky.

The old man stopping, a half mile from it.

"This, my friends, is where we part ways, I believe, for a while anyway..."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dexie Oblivion

Darx grins, raising his gaze upwards.

"It's so...beautiful.."

Laughing gleefully, he takes off ahead of the group for the entrance.
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Olvelsper

"Hey! Wait up!" Jan ran after the winged man. "It's too dangerous to go in there!"
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dexie Oblivion

Darx stops and looks back, his wings flaring open as he turns, a wild grin on his face.

"I've waited too long for this, child.  Hurry up if you want to come with me!"

He spins again, running back towards the tower.

Shukuen

Leets sighed, gazing towards the tower that was the source of their winged companion's antics. "You'd think he'd have some dignity," he muttered, taking his time following the group.

Carthrat

Ahead of the group as she was, it it wasn't long before Mei-Ling realised that they were either heading towards the same places she was, or towards the tower.

And when they did not change direction, and the black spire appeared on the horizon, her fears were realized.

While Darx and Jan rush towards the tower, she just stands still, letting sand swirl around her as she fully takes in the force exuding from the structure.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

RyderHakubi

Without warning...

"It's beautiful and horrifying at the same time... it's just a spire of paradox unleashed.  And, I'm not going in there in any way, shape, or form..."

Yep.  That's Ryda... And she's standing right behind Mei in her slightly oversized outfit.
What sort of madness will I create today?"

Dexie Oblivion

Darx stops at the entrance, childlike glee racing through him as he calls out.

"Are you all coming or not?"

Carthrat

Mei starts, and looks at Ryder.

"You.. you were with him," she says, turning around completely to face her.

"There's nothing beautiful from the outset. This thing is.. is.. a perversion! It shouldn't be here! It should not stand! If I had the power, I would tear it down! All I can feel from is darkness.. darkness and fear."

RyderHakubi

"Darkness and fear, which is exactly why I don't plan on going in that thing... I'd like to keep my soul where it is, instead of it like, being ripped out of my body and used as a blanket for some evil force..." Ryder mutters as she glances at Darx running towards it.

"If all of his people were like that, it's no wonder they all died out." she mentions blankly.

Carthrat

Mei-Ling stares after Darx, shaking her head. "How can the tower be anything but anathema to a living creature?" she asks, quietly. "I was tainted just by being near it, it felt.."

RyderHakubi

"... like the stench of pure, unadulturated evil.  Like if Satan decided he wanted a Fortress of Solitude and threw a stag party with Hitler, Nero, and Barney..." Ryder muttered once more to Mei.

With another shudder, Ryder added, "If you don't know who Barney is, don't ask.  Just think of the greatest evil you know, and then make it purple..."

Carthrat

"I don't know any of those names," says Mei-Ling. "What are you going to do? Just.. wait for him?"

RyderHakubi

"I expect Jan to stop him, or for him to end up as a bloody, incoherent mess... either way, I don't expect him to go in there." Ryder mentioned calmly.

Carthrat

"He seems pretty determined.." Mei-Ling shrugs.

"I think I'll wait.. and see what happens."