See attached file.

edit:  the one in cymage's post.

EDIT: reposted for posterity

Evil Commentary Bureau versus Unoriginal Cliche Job

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

One suggestion.  FORMAT! ^_^

And to make your life easier, here it is...

CM
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

DP

I've been reading this thing in little pieces over the last couple days because I can't stand to take in too much of it at one time.  How could you have ECB'ed the whole thing without going insane from the sheer badness of this fic?  I'm only a third of the way through it and I'm thinking about giving up on it.

Dracos

I've read your little critique, and frankly... It makes my original fic WAY better. I least I don't give punches to people's faces when a bad fic comes along... Well I used to, but that was before I discovered the concept of shared reinforcement. Thanks to severe rudeness and sheer nothing but flames, I am forced to help you gouge your eyes, as well as an added bonus. (It's best not to find out.)  

Yes, some of my characters are cliché sometimes, but with all these ripoffs running around nowadays, what isn't?  Nobody has to be perfect in this world, but that's what makes this work unique in its own way. I'm sorry for my own arrogance, but it seems you somehow modified clichés in your review as well. I seriously don't have time to list them all. I am working on a recap, filled with what Nerem told me. It will contain blood, darkness, a whole lot of death, and probably more IC to the feudal period.

Yes, the grammar needs fixing, and I'll do that in my redux if I can. Otherwise, I can create something else, or skip the contest. It all depends on how much time I have.  

Long story short, if you can't review nicely, and tell me what's wrong in a more, civilized manner, and tell me what I should keep and throw away, then don't bother reading it! What's the point of killing somebody when they can redeem themselves by doing better?

If you think I killed the funniness of it all, let me tell you this.... Somebody beat me to the punch, probably several people done sheer murder to it by using it's own magic too much. I was somehow brainwashed, I didn't mean to do it.

Well, there you go. I'm sorry that I accused you of stealing my ideas before, but I thought you would do so anyway, since I don't quite know you guys very well, other than writing fiction. Thanks for the hybrid of something hysterical, and offensive material.  

Feel free to reply, and tell me how I can do better in the redux. Please.

From Lord Ryunson,

Response will be sent soon.

Fearless leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

...  This is genuinely quite sad.  Nominally someone picks a position when they decide to respond to an ECB.  Additionally most people try to use proper grammar when retorting so that they don't look stupid twice.  I've seen whining, angry retorts, grovelling for forgiveness, and, occassionally, honest thanks.  I've never seen such a bloody mess of meandering wishywashy babbling.

Normally, I would give a letter style response.  But this is so asking for another ECB.  Before I begin anew, I'll remind you that you did personally ask to be ECB'ed.  Now, on to the fun.

>Subject: Okay wise guys..... (Ryunson's reply)

ECB: Yes, we are nominally considered wise.  Both in the traditional and mocking sense.  This though isn't going to win you any brownie points and is a terribly weak header for a retort.

>
>I've read your little critique, and frankly... It makes my original fic WAY better. I least I don't give punches to people's faces when a

ECB: Indeed it does.  Many of our readers denoted the only reason they could even get past a page of that story was the constant interleaving of Evil Commentary Bureau comments.  On the non-humorous note, it's quite obvious that any who actually read their ECB's and use the criticism contained within will improve tremendously.  That's part of the point lad.

bad fic comes along... Well I used to, but that was before I discovered the concept of shared reinforcement. Thanks to severe rudeness and

ECB: You mean shared lying to each other's face?  This isn't a true flame, btw, it's an incredibly harsh and searing criticism.  Know your terminology.

sheer nothing but flames, I am forced to help you gouge your eyes, as

ECB: Boy, you read well.  About as well as a blind dog if I read this correctly.  Again, your vocabulary needs work.  A flame is a direct personal attack.  What you got was a scathing review of your writing.  There is a difference.

well as an added bonus. (It's best not to find out.)

ECB:Yes, that's right.  My poor helpless eyes that were subjected to you mangling the English language painfully.  There are spell and grammar checkers for a reason.

>
>Yes, some of my characters are cliché sometimes, but with all these ripoffs running around nowadays, what isn't?  Nobody has to be perfect

ECB: I can point at a lot of things that even if similar to genre classic accent depth and personal style that makes them feel original even if they are not.  As I said, you are working in a derivative genre, which means you need to be more creative, not more pathetic.

in this world, but that's what makes this work unique in its own way.

ECB:You are right.  Shall I remind you of your words again?
<Ryunson>"I thought I have everything perfect."

There's a difference between being incompetent and being retarded.

I'm sorry for my own arrogance, but it seems you somehow modified clichés in your review as well. I seriously don't have time to list

ECB: Indeed I did.  Recognizable ones that were appropriate to be used there.  Why are they used?  Because they are successful lines.  Certainly they've been seen before, and that's part of their effect for humor.  The understanding though of when this is appropriate and when it isn't is something that obviously escapes you.

them all. I am working on a recap, filled with what Nerem told me. It

ECB: Unless ye intend to ask for another ECB, I don't really care.

will contain blood, darkness, a whole lot of death, and probably more IC to the feudal period.

ECB:Grammar again.  So you are tossing all the funny away from the fic.  That would be fine except your base is a parody, which means this will come out poorly.

>
>Yes, the grammar needs fixing, and I'll do that in my redux if I can.

ECB: There's no excuse for not fixing and improving your grammar to a reasonable level.  I've seen people who can't speak english write with better grammatical skill than you've shown.  Releasing something that is crap only invites ridicule and disgust.

Otherwise, I can create something else, or skip the contest. It all

ECB:...This makes no sense.  Which is pretty pathetic for a half page retort.  You can't simply ignore making your story readible.  I'm fairly certain you are referring to something outside my knowledge base, but if it's what I think it is, I'd be ashmed to put such a wretched story in any literary contest.

depends on how much time I have.

ECB:A story doesn't revolve around your time.  You revolve around it's time.

>
>Long story short, if you can't review nicely, and tell me what's wrong in a more, civilized manner, and tell me what I should keep and throw away, then don't bother reading it! What's the point of killing
somebody when they can redeem themselves by doing better?

ECB:Because ninty-nine percent of those who come under my lens in my capacity as an ECB'er are already dubbed hopeless.  You want a civilized manner?  Go to your prereaders.  You want the cold, unvarnished truth of your fic without any gentle padding.  That's what we do.  Again, you personally requested an ECB.

>
>If you think I killed the funniness of it all, let me tell you this.... Somebody beat me to the punch, probably several people done sheer murder to it by using it's own magic too much. I was somehow
brainwashed, I didn't mean to do it.

ECB:That's pathetic.  You started uprighteous and then proceed to grovel.  I feel filthy reading this.  You clearly missed reading why and how you killed the funny.  I elaborated quite a bit on that for you.  You still pretty much don't understand why the funny didn't work.  I'll give it one last go:

"DARK DEATH BLOOD GORE" =/= Funny

That's right.  Serious content level and stuff that makes a reader feel guilty to laugh doesn't work well with being funny.

>
>Well, there you go. I'm sorry that I accused you of stealing my ideas before, but I thought you would do so anyway, since I don't quite know you guys very well, other than writing fiction. Thanks for the hybrid of something hysterical, and offensive material.

ECB:You are welcome.  Now go take some grammar classes at your local elementary school.

>
>Feel free to reply, and tell me how I can do better in the redux. Please.

ECB: Reread that ECB.  I tell ye quite clearly what doesn't work, what you need to fix, what's a very boring scene to see, etc.  It shouldn't be necessary for me to repeat myself.

>
>Lord Ryunson (lordryansen@yahoo.com)

Kind Fearless Leader
Founder of the Evil Commentary Bureau
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, we gave it one last go.   Excepting Nerem's final review of the initial shots this wraps up the tale of unoriginal cliche boy.  Man, that was filthy.  For those who don't know, FYAD is a flaming channel, just a  bit of nabiki culture added to the event.  It was originally started by the God of witty retorts himself, Mookie, for the first combined attempt to beat sense into Fox's head.   It stood for, honorably enough, "Fuck You And Die".  Typically blunt and to the point of Mookie to use and rather fitting for a channel to deal with no-hopers.  

<Begin ECB>
Session Start: Wed Aug 14 00:44:50 2002
[00:44] *** Now talking in #ecb
[00:45] *** Retrieving #ecb info...
[00:45] *** ECB sets mode: +t
[00:45] -chicago.il.us.sandwich.net:@#ecb- ECB invited NeremWorld into channel #ecb.
[00:45] *** NeremWorld has joined #ecb
[00:45] <ECB> bring them here
[00:46] <NeremWorld> Mind if I bring Starfire, too?
[00:47] <ECB> bring  all of them
[00:47] <ECB> those involved
[00:47] <NeremWorld> The third one ain't online.
[00:47] *** ECB is now known as Kind_Fearless_Leader
[00:48] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader changes topic to 'FYAD'
[00:48] <NeremWorld> Starfire and Ryunson are, though.
[00:48] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> well bring them both in
[00:48] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader sets mode: +o NeremWorld
[00:49] *** Starfire has joined #ecb
[00:49] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> heya starfire
[00:50] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> hear ye liked my criticism of Ryunson
[00:50] *** Ryunson has joined #ECB
[00:51] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Hallo Ryunson
[00:51] <Starfire> you know that made it tolerable.
[00:51] <Ryunson> Yello KFL.
[00:51] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Starfire,  I know, I've received several messages to that effect.
[00:51] <Starfire> ^_^;;;;;
[00:51] * Kind_Fearless_Leader Laughs
[00:51] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> so  ryunson
[00:52] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> hear you are still writing  ne/
[00:52] <Ryunson> Yes. Made Kyo more badass than before, and have her actually kill bad guys. Thugs on the bridge.
[00:53] <NeremWorld> And STILL managed to screw up.
[00:53] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Badass
[00:53] <Ryunson> So tell me, have you patronized other writers other than me?
[00:53] <NeremWorld> Ryunson, at least.
[00:53] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Does not necessarily equal cool
[00:53] * Starfire cringes
[00:54] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Actuallly Ryunson, I do it quite regularly.  My patronage is well sought after by expert writers in the field.
[00:54] <Ryunson> But at least I made some improvements.
[00:55] * Kind_Fearless_Leader sighs
[00:55] <Starfire> ...included detail is a step in the right direction but...
[00:55] <NeremWorld> That's like saying getting shot in the groin is better than getting shot in the stomach.
[00:55] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson lemme paint a picture  for you
[00:55] * Kind_Fearless_Leader pulls out a trash can full of smelly trash
[00:55] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> this is an analogy for what your  fic  was when I saw itt
[00:56] <Ryunson> The first one or the redux?
[00:56] * Kind_Fearless_Leader tosses in a can of soda
[00:56] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> I just added something to it.
[00:56] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> what is  it still ryunson?
[00:57] * Starfire cringes and ducks for cover.
[00:57] <Ryunson> It's a garbage thing....
[00:58] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> There's a lesson here for those not blinded by their pride.  Do you see it?
[00:59] <Ryunson> Kinda. You're also blinded by extreme hatred for newer stories.
[00:59] <Ryunson> Rehashes that are homages to others.
[00:59] <NeremWorld> ...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
[00:59] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson, I just helped an author create the groundworks of an epic fic this evening.
[01:00] <Ryunson> Lemme guess, Nerem?
[01:00] <NeremWorld> I do my own stuff, baby.
[01:00] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Actually *Censored*
[01:00] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> and to quote a talented author on the lesson I was commenting on
[01:00] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> "I would scrap it as unsalvageable then rebuilt it totally"
[01:00] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> You can't 'take trash'
[01:00] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> add something to it
[01:00] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> and create something  good
[01:01] <NeremWorld> Well, you can make it into art, but art is inherently useless. And trash-art sucks,.
[01:01] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> you have to rework it from THE GROUND UP.
[01:01] <Ryunson> Wait a second... Are you saying I have to redo the whole story AGAIN??
[01:01] <NeremWorld> YOU DIDN'T REDO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!
[01:01] <Ryunson> One man's trash is another mans treasure, you should know.
[01:01] <Starfire> ...
[01:01] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[01:01] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> You are right
[01:01] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> my trash
[01:02] <Starfire> Ryu... you take no pride in your work. you worry about page length and deadlines.
[01:02] <NeremWorld> Your trash...is a dog's treasure. As a kennel.
[01:02] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> is the treasure  of blind, retarded, broken  man with dyslexia.
[01:02] <Ryunson> Is you.
[01:02] <NeremWorld> Good come back. </sarcasm?
[01:02] <NeremWorld> Err, </sarcasm>
[01:03] *** Midnight has joined #ecb
[01:03] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> welcome midnight
[01:03] <Starfire> hihi^_^
[01:03] <Midnight> yo
[01:03] *** CyMage has joined #ecb
[01:03] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson, a childish man returns the insults of others
[01:04] *** Chibi-Ginn has joined #ecb
[01:04] <Starfire> lossa people.
[01:04] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> a wise man makes no openings for truthful offense.
[01:04] <Ryunson> I tried a redux, but what do I get in return? More baloney!
[01:05] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Cy, you read the ECB correct?
[01:05] <Ryunson> Although I have been working on something else too?
[01:05] <Starfire> Ryu: are honest opinions baloney?
[01:05] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson...I run COR
[01:05] <CyMage> Skimmed it... I can pull it up quickly though..
[01:06] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> It publishes about 100-200 pages of material a month
[01:06] <CyMage> If not more
[01:06] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> And I have time to do a good job while also being a prolific editor and having a real life.
[01:07] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Pardon me for finding your whiny excuses no more than pathetic attempts to justify being incompetent.
[01:07] <Ryunson> Who gave you permission to intervene with my works?
[01:07] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> You did Ryunson
[01:07] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Directly asked for it.
[01:07] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Remember?
[01:07] <NeremWorld> I asked him, actually.
[01:08] <NeremWorld> And he said 'yes'.
[01:08] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> true
[01:08] <NeremWorld> Well, he was asking for C&C, and I suggested ECB.
[01:08] <Ryunson> I didn't know it would lead to this. I thought it was only another person.
[01:08] <NeremWorld> And he said yes.
[01:08] <Ryunson> C&C?
[01:08] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson: The ECB is a highly efficient, honest, and truthful Criticism group.  Your ECB was handled by myself personally.
[01:08] <NeremWorld> Comment and Criticism.
[01:09] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> as Nerem,  being a friend, requested it.
[01:09] <Ryunson> So did any of you get the redux?
[01:09] <Starfire> I did.
[01:10] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> I get what is submitted to me for criticism.  If you want another criticism of your work, you'd have to resubmit.  Which would go to the back of the current queue.
[01:11] <NeremWorld> Unless Dracos here finds it...in such need that he ECBs it immediately.
[01:12] <CyMage> I'm reading the full ECB right now, and I must say... KFL's parts are the better sections in it...  
[01:13] <Ryunson> So that's it. Your group consists of nothing but critics?
[01:13] <NeremWorld> Well, DUH!
[01:13] <Starfire> ano... I try to suggest... but you seem to shoot them down or adopt them so poorly it's useless.
[01:14] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...  Well....Critic Authors...Critic proofreaders...   Critic witty retorters...   We are a Critic group.  It's what we do.  A service we are much desired for.
[01:14] <CyMage> Well, most of us do C&C's... Can I assume you know what that stands for?
[01:14] <NeremWorld> I informed them, earlier.
[01:14] <CyMage> Good... Now if you think about it, that makes all of us Commentators and Critics...
[01:15] <Ryunson> And what do you do to the stories after you review them?
[01:15] <NeremWorld> Same thing that MiSTers do. Post them, with the reviewed sections.
[01:15] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Starfire: Actually his reputation for poor adoption kept me from including examples as I dislike them being used wretchedly.
[01:16] *** Starfire is now known as SFAFK
[01:16] <CyMage> Let's see... If it's a good story, like say PoE... I save it... If bad, I delete it of my HD...
[01:16] <CyMage> 'off my'...
[01:17] <Ryunson> Well can I say this, but if it's that wretched, I'd say a no go. Don't post.
[01:18] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> As noted in the ECB you were sent...all ECB's are catalogued for the enjoyment and teaching of those who come to the site.  Which means your fic is immortalized as such.
[01:18] <Ryunson> All I want are prereaders, not people who enjoy making other authors miserable.
[01:18] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson: Usually, authors wait until they are happy with their works before sending it to us.
[01:19] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Nominally I wouldn't bother with a prereaders draft for ECB'ing
[01:19] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Bu
[01:19] <Ryunson> I was happy, but not anymore. Delete it.
[01:19] <CyMage> Ryuson... Sure, it might have been a bit cruel, but you got some of the best C&C out there...
[01:19] <NeremWorld> And you are happy with your redux?
[01:19] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> <Ryunson>: "I thought it was perfect."
[01:19] *** Chi has joined #ecb
[01:19] * CyMage waves to Chi
[01:19] <Ryunson> I see the truth now.
[01:19] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> hello Chi, glad ye spared us the time.
[01:20] <Chi> was given the wrong server addy
[01:20] <CyMage> Ryuson: Do you?
[01:20] <CyMage> Care to share it with us?
[01:20] * Chi nods to those about the room
[01:20] <NeremWorld> THE TRUTH IS JUST A LIE!
[01:21] <Chi> Nerem, a bit of diginity please
[01:21] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Now now Nerem...
[01:21] <NeremWorld> Sorry. I truly couldn't resist.
[01:21] * Chi pats Nerem's head
[01:21] <Ryunson> I don't want to be mocked at. I know all the things you said about me, and I take them as insults. I mean I'm here to write for IFF and other stories, not to be bashed around. I just wanted prereaders for my starter contest, not these ECB critics.
[01:21] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> actually the best sarcastic retort there would be the cliched line "You Can't Handle The Truth".
[01:22] <NeremWorld> KFL: But then, I can't make such a line. Mine could do. ^_^
[01:22] <Chi> Dracos, hush
[01:22] <Chi> Ryunson...
[01:22] <Chi> I'm going to be rather blunt...
[01:23] <Chi> From what I hear, you believe that Dracos and the ECB are against new authors just starting out, correct...?
[01:23] <Ryunson> I mean the IFF contest. It wasn't my contest.
[01:23] * Kind_Fearless_Leader facepalms
[01:23] <NeremWorld> Chi: From what he said, Dracos has 'Extreme hatred' for new stories, that are rehashes and 'homages'.
[01:23] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> You are trying to enter a CONTEST WITH THIS?
[01:24] <NeremWorld> [01:04] <Ryunson> Kinda. You're also blinded by extreme hatred for newer stories.
[01:24] <NeremWorld> [01:04] <Ryunson> Rehashes that are homages to others.
[01:24] <Chi> Dracos, hush
[01:24] <Ryunson> Yes.
[01:24] <Chi> Nerem, please, I asked Ryu
[01:24] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Apologies chi.
[01:24] <Chi> Gentlemen, please restrain the comments for a moment
[01:25] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader sets mode: +v Chi
[01:25] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader sets mode: +v Ryunson
[01:25] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader sets mode: +m
[01:25] <Ryunson> I wanted to enter a contest with it. I didn't want it to me MSTed and posted just to be laughed at. Besides, I don't even have a website of my own.
[01:25] <Chi> Ryu, I will be blunt on this matter, and you will not like hearing what I have to say.
[01:26] <Ryunson> Go ahead, chi.
[01:26] <Chi> Your fic, is quite simply one of mediocre quality at its best, and that would be of the quality of its writing. That taken with the effect of the subject, causes it to become a ripe target for MSTing
[01:27] *** Cross has joined #ecb
[01:27] *** Midnight has left #ecb
[01:27] <Chi> Dracos, or KFL as he appears here, can be rather bad at over reacting at times
[01:27] <Chi> and rather... zealous in his pursuit
[01:28] <Ryunson> I don't care anymore. Delete it. I am either working on a redux, or skipping out on this contest. Either way, it's 1:30 am to where I live.
[01:28] <Chi> However, he is correct in the rather poor quality of your writing as compared to the slim minority of authors that make works of fanfiction taht are considered truly great
[01:28] <Chi> you are in fact in the vast majority...
[01:29] *** Cross has left #ecb
[01:29] *** Midnight has joined #ecb
[01:30] <Chi> Many, many people have great ideas, however, they lack the proper skills and natural tendencies that allow them to bring them forth into the world
[01:31] *** Beto has joined #Ecb
[01:31] <Ryunson> I know, but some comments are best kept to themselves, and not through the public. Not everyone has the same vision as you do.
[01:31] <Chi> I have witnessed a great number of wonderful ideas cast into oblivion by a simple lack of the skill needed to craft the words into the proper form that takes a story from the bland fog of mediocrity and obscurity and raises it up into greatness
[01:32] <Ryunson> So what can I do then?
[01:32] <Chi> If that was done, then the author's would never be given the knowledge that they need to take great improvements
[01:32] <Chi> Dracos takes the path of the aggressor, to infuriate people, so that they're sparked into action to prove him wrong
[01:33] <Chi> What you can do is to read
[01:33] <Chi> Read well the great works of past and present...
[01:33] <Chi> Take what they have to teach and use it as your own...
[01:33] <Chi> that is they way to set yourself onto the path to become a writer of note
[01:35] <Ryunson> If you guys are that mean to let me skip the contest, fine. Either that, or I shall continue the redux. I read great works, but time constrainsts and writer's block prevents me from writing a good story.
[01:35] <Chi> a good story can't be rushed
[01:36] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[01:36] <Chi> it can take months at a time to put out but a single chapter
[01:36] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Nothing but your own blindness would prevent a good story.  It's an insult to the tale to blame it on time.
[01:36] <Chi> When I write something, I first type it up, then I print it out, and spend hours on end going over it with a red pen, making it bleed with the number of corrections I make
[01:36] <Chi> Dracos....
[01:36] <Ryunson> But these types of stories have to be due within weeks. Or maybe a whole week.
[01:37] <Chi> writing is like cooking, or making art
[01:37] <Chi> any attempts to rush things, will only ruin the final product
[01:37] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Indeed.
[01:38] <Chi> after I finish bleeding a page, and then inputting the changes, I go over it a third time, before I then send it out to prereaders
[01:38] <Ryunson> Ever wonder why the stories of Ultra are that good? 2F allows the work to be completed when it's done. He gives the author all the time in the world to complete it. However, in some stories, this is not the case. It's like homework.
[01:39] <Chi> you cannot expect to just sit at the computer for a few hours and come up with a work of greatness...
[01:40] <Ryunson> Starters take months to complete, that is true. Fillers would only take a week or so to complete. However, enders can take a month and two week extensions to complete.
[01:40] * Chi sighs softly
[01:40] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[01:40] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> You aren't getting it Ryunson.
[01:41] <Chi> Ryunson, in this Dracos is correct...
[01:42] <Ryunson> No, you aren't getting it. Not every fic site has the same guidelines.
[01:42] * Chi shakes his head
[01:43] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[01:43] <Chi> a writer that writes for guidelines or in a manner such as homework is no writer, and has no respect for either his work, or the words
[01:43] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> you...are adapting your work to the words of some fic site?
[01:43] <Ryunson> Yes.
[01:44] <Chi> a writer writes because it is in his heart, because it is a song rising up from their soul like an irrevokable siren song that must be brought to life into the world
[01:44] <Chi> A writer writes because they write for themselves, for what's in their heart and soul
[01:45] <Chi> nothing else
[01:45] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Anything else is an insult to the artform and profession.
[01:46] * Kind_Fearless_Leader sighs
[01:46] <Ryunson> What I write for is an improsite. I usually write for stories that are in my heart. I usually write fillers, but not entire starters. Yes, there are review boards, and possible rewrites, and everything turned out in the end.
[01:46] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[01:47] <Ryunson> And now, there are six days left in the contest.
[01:47] <NeremWorld> ...Except that the review boards somehow skip over your parts, for the most part. The last BITS part I remember from you best, I counted THREE sentences that made my head hurt from Grammar-lessness.
[01:47] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader sets mode: -m
[01:48] <Midnight> ........
[01:48] *** SFAFK is now known as Starfire
[01:48] <Chi> Nerem, grammar can often be a hindrance to good writing... but, a good writer is one that knows the rules and therefore knows how they can be broken in a way that is better for conveying the messge
[01:48] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Midnight, I believe you wanted to do something, in context of your love of the art of writing?
[01:48] <NeremWorld> And not just average Grammarlessness. Grammarlessness with LACK OF SENSE.
[01:48] * Midnight reigns in the Murderous Intent
[01:49] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Chi: Very true.   But there is also readibility.
[01:49] <CyMage> I'm no writer, but even I think what you're doing is stupid.
[01:49] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> If altering grammar rules negates your ability to convey a message, then you've failed.
[01:50] <Chi> I was merely stating fact in response to Nerem's words, not stating anything in regards to Ryunson or any other's writings
[01:50] <Ryunson> It was rushed. Maybe if you suggest that I skip the contest, BUT continue on the redux, maybe I can take your advice. Unless of course the next contest won't be for anytine soon.
[01:50] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[01:50] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> You saw my advice earlier
[01:50] <Midnight> ......
[01:50] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Skip the contest
[01:50] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Scrap what you  have...
[01:50] <Midnight> Ryunson: Get off the goddamned contests. Right now
[01:50] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> And start properly this time.
[01:50] <Midnight> You CANNOT write for contests until you are fit to write for yourself
[01:50] <Midnight> Which you're not
[01:51] <NeremWorld> Chi: If you've ever read the Animorphs series, there is a lot of fragment sentences and grammar breakage, but it was done GOOD, as they were written as if from the counsciousness of a person.
[01:51] * Chi nods to Nerem
[01:51] <Chi> And Stephen King
[01:52] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Faulkner is famous for it.  But lets try and stay in context of Ryunson.
[01:52] <Chi> however, Stephen King at least is also capable of writing a doctorate level thesis and has done so
[01:52] * Chi nods
[01:53] <NeremWorld> ...Ryunson can write in such a way that is akin to the way a brick doesn't fly.
[01:53] <Chi> please, try to keep things here civil in the least
[01:54] <NeremWorld> Well, I could have put it in a less kind way...
[01:54] <Chi> and, you can also be civil
[01:54] <NeremWorld> True.
[01:55] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> As could any of us Nerem.  It serves no purpose at this juncture.
[01:56] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> and  ryunson hasn't commented  for a page of discussion.
[01:56] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Well, "Lord Ryunson"?
[01:56] <Ryunson> Hasn't commented? I have yet to work on that!
[01:57] <Starfire> work on what?
[01:57] <Chi> he was refering to your lack of comments in this channel for 7 minutes
[01:57] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[01:57] * Kind_Fearless_Leader facepalms
[01:57] <NeremWorld> ...
[01:57] <Ryunson> I was waiting until you were finished.
[01:57] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> I find it sad when a statement like that has to be explained.
[01:58] <Ryunson> And you were kinda sad yourself. Since when did you write for something, and no, MSTs don't count.
[01:58] * Chi chuckles
[01:58] * Kind_Fearless_Leader laughs
[01:59] <NeremWorld> ...You know, you really shouldn't walk into an area of the map labelled 'TRAP!'.
[01:59] <Chi> I've seen dracos write, and he is, quite simply, better than you
[01:59] <Starfire> oh boy..
[01:59] <Chi> dracos however prefers to spend his time helping other people with their writing... I have seen him go into line by line detailed C&C for authors time and time again
[02:00] <Midnight> Ryunson: Seriously, do you at least have some SEMBLANCE of what everyone is trying to tell you? If you do please, explain to us in your own words what that is.
[02:00] <Midnight> .........
[02:00] <Ryunson> That I should give up completely while I still breathe?
[02:00] <Midnight> ........
[02:01] <Midnight> Where did I put that shotgun........
[02:01] <Ryunson> SEE?
[02:01] <NeremWorld> Midnight! You should be ashamed of yourself!
[02:01] <Chi> obviously you don't
[02:01] <NeremWorld> A minigun makes a bigger mess.
[02:01] <Ryunson> That's exactly what destroyed the industry!
[02:01] * NeremWorld hands Midnight a minigun.
[02:01] * Chi snorts
[02:01] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson, you insult Midnight and you don't even notice.  Ye blind fool.
[02:01] <Chi> Ryunson, I am through being polite
[02:02] <Ryunson> That I should write better next time?
[02:02] <Ryunson> Just trying to sum it up.
[02:02] <Midnight> No
[02:02] <Midnight> More than write better
[02:02] <Midnight> What we're trying to say is that writing takes EFFORT.
[02:03] <Starfire> and you should care about what you write about.
[02:03] <Midnight> It doesn't MATTER if it sucks
[02:03] <Midnight> People WILL see if you TRIED.
[02:03] <Midnight> The case we're making is that you don't even do that
[02:03] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> And it shows.
[02:04] <Midnight> You have many goals
[02:04] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> It drips from your work more blatantly than sarcasm drips from mine.
[02:04] <Midnight> You want to enter contests, I respect that
[02:04] <Midnight> But how do you expect to compete in writing contests when you're incapable of even recognizing the flaws in your own writing ethics
[02:05] <Midnight> I know you have an idea
[02:05] <Midnight> Do you have the drive to use this idea? Yes or No
[02:05] <Ryunson> I already have KFL's review in the email, and I don't want to be mocked futher by posting it in public!
[02:06] <Starfire> Ryu this is NOT mocking
[02:06] <Ryunson> Mindingly, yes. Timewise, no.
[02:06] <Starfire> This is what every writer goes through
[02:06] <Midnight> Oh god
[02:06] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[02:06] <Midnight> AGAIN, you're putting too much emphasis on schedules
[02:06] * Kind_Fearless_Leader smacks Ryunson
[02:07] <Chi> I am reminded of a simple phrase that has become a great cliche over the years, yet fits this situation to a T
[02:07] <Midnight> If you get off this bent on participating in contests you would benefit
[02:07] <Chi> "If you can't stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen
[02:07] <Ryunson> Its... OW!! Not the emphasis I'm putting into schedules.... It's the otherway around.
[02:07] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[02:07] <Starfire> huh?
[02:08] <Midnight> So.....you're saying schedules control what you write?
[02:08] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Besides lying to us in that sentence...
[02:08] <Starfire> schedules putting emphasis in your work?
[02:08] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Was there any point to it?
[02:08] <Ryunson> Kinda. Dire consequences await me if I don't meet that time.
[02:08] <Midnight> LIKE WHAT?
[02:09] <Midnight> ITS A FRIGGIN FANFIC!!
[02:09] <Ryunson> Mid: You don't want to find out. ^_^
[02:09] <Chi> ...
[02:09] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> I do.
[02:09] <CyMage> Ryuson: I do
[02:09] <Starfire> not getting in a starter that no one will vote for because it obviously has no care in it at all?
[02:09] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> I want to hear this.
[02:09] * Midnight THINKS Ryu is lying through his uselss ass........
[02:10] <Midnight> Oh god.....now I've lost my ability to type coherently.........
[02:10] <CyMage> Is someone going to assasinate you if you don't enter that contest?  Are they going to kill your whole family?
[02:11] <CyMage> Those are the only reasons I would accept for such a statement....
[02:11] <Ryunson> Lying? I'm saying some bits of the truth, and yet, you label them as lies. And to answer your question, Cymage, no. I would just miss out on a golden opportunity.
[02:11] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> ...
[02:11] <Chi> ...
[02:11] <NeremWorld> ...
[02:11] <Ryunson> And that is just as tragic.
[02:12] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> You have no concept of the word Dire do you?
[02:12] <NeremWorld> ONLY FOR A FREAKING YEAR!
[02:12] <Midnight> What POSSIBLE opportunity could justify rushing a fic to the crapheap?
[02:12] <NeremWorld> IT ISN'T THE LAST 'GOLDEN OPPURTUNITY'!
[02:12] <Ryunson> That's just it. People don't HAVE a year.
[02:12] <Starfire> Ryu wait.
[02:12] <Starfire> there is no golden opportunity.
[02:12] * Kind_Fearless_Leader drops his unabridged, 1992, websters dictionary on Ryunson's head
[02:13] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> People?
[02:13] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> what people?
[02:13] <Midnight> ......
[02:13] <Chi> Your writing sucks. You lack the creativity, the spark, the essence of a true writer, you have no oppurtunity to miss, because you are far below the par required to even come close to competing in such a contest.
[02:13] * Kind_Fearless_Leader applauds
[02:13] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> hear hear!
[02:13] <Chi> I have attempted at every turn to maintain civility and decorum
[02:14] <Chi> and at every turn your stubborn ignorance has thwarted my patience
[02:14] <Ryunson> So has their constant bashing of my head!
[02:14] * Chi snorts
[02:14] <Chi> You are, in the simplest of terms, a fool.
[02:14] <Starfire> even if you post ANY starter this year it won't be picked. because it will have no life or love or heart in it. there is no opportunity unless you improve your skills. and that takes TIME.
[02:14] <Ryunson> It's even WORSE than my skills!
[02:15] <Chi> if you believe that, then you truly have no concept of the limitations of this supposed and overly vaulted "skill" of yours
[02:15] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson
[02:15] <Midnight> Ryu: You have no skill, thats the problem
[02:16] <Midnight> Skill is DEVELOPED
[02:16] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> I have a rather pertinant question that arises to my mind
[02:16] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader sets mode: +m
[02:16] <Ryunson> Can we discuss more of it tomorrow? I have to wake up very early.
[02:16] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Your writing during this discussion, while pathetic, is no where near the wretched quality you turned out earlier.
[02:17] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Which begs the question...   Why did you write even worse for your formal story than in casual chat?
[02:17] *** Midnight has left #ecb
[02:18] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Well, I'd like to hear it before you leave.
[02:20] * Kind_Fearless_Leader taps fingers
[02:20] <Ryunson> Cause it's like talking. It's more of a script like thing that is usually processed faster than a whole peice of text.
[02:21] <Ryunson> I wanted to add fillers in, but it seems time has completely corrupted my heart.
[02:21] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader sets mode: -m
[02:21] * Chi shakes his head
[02:21] * CyMage gives that excuse two thumbs down!
[02:21] <NeremWorld> COPOUT!
[02:21] <NeremWorld> And the ruling is, Jury?
[02:21] *** NeremWorld is now known as Jury
[02:21] <Starfire> Ryu: That's how good writing should feel.
[02:21] <Jury> GUILTY!
[02:21] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> Ryunson, look at your own words.
[02:21] *** Jury is now known as NeremWorld
[02:22] <Ryunson> I OBJECT!!
[02:22] <Chi> This discussion, if it can even be called such, has come to an end...
[02:22] <Kind_Fearless_Leader> The answer lies clearly within them.
[02:22] <NeremWorld> YOU CAN'T OBJECT!
[02:22] *** Kind_Fearless_Leader is now known as Judge
[02:22] <Judge> Over-ruled.
[02:22] *** Judge is now known as Kind_Fearless_leader
[02:23] <Kind_Fearless_leader> And that brings this ECB to an end.  You can learn  from it, or remain blind Ryunson
[02:23] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Your choice.
[02:23] <Kind_Fearless_leader> It should be clear what the opinion of this room is on your likelyhood of learning.
[02:23] <Starfire> gomen ne ryu...
[02:23] <Kind_Fearless_leader> But, it's all up to you.
[02:24] <Ryunson> I'll learn from it all right... But remember this.... Forgive me if I sound cliche, but even Justice is truly blind. We'll discuss more tomorrow.  
[02:25] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Sleep well young kapito.  Know that ye are among the swine and take comfort in your thousands of brethern.
[02:25] <Kind_Fearless_leader> ...
[02:25] <Starfire> ...
[02:25] * Kind_Fearless_leader facepalms and shoots Ryunson
[02:25] <Chi> the truly blind are those that blind themselves. as you have done
[02:25] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Nothing truly annoys me like misquoting badly.
[02:25] * NeremWorld enters Ryunson into the Black Mage STABBITY Hour.
[02:25] <Ryunson> SEE? I told you can't handle your own flaws!
[02:26] <Chi> Ryu, you are naught but a deluded fool
[02:26] <Chi> you have proven yourself as such to all but yourself
[02:26] * Kind_Fearless_leader sighs
[02:26] * Ryunson destroys Nerem with a rocket launcher.
[02:27] <Starfire> ryu. take a pin to your head, pop the hot air and then reevaluate yourself and your writing.
[02:27] <Kind_Fearless_leader> I know well my own flaws Ryunson.  They also do not concern you.   Do you know yours?
[02:27] <CyMage> Star: Well said.
[02:27] <Starfire> ^_^;;
[02:27] <Ryunson> Yes, and I'm not in a very good mood because Nerem keeps attacking me.
[02:28] <NeremWorld> BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
[02:28] <NeremWorld> I'm sorry, but that's just SOOO funny.
[02:28] * Chi simply makes a motion of his hand going over his head and sighs
[02:28] <Starfire> ...no ryu I don't think you do. because if you did you'd realize that most of this wasn't an attack, and that which was you brought on yourself by being hostlie.
[02:28] <Ryunson> NOT!!
[02:29] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Nerem
[02:29] <Kind_Fearless_leader> do me a favor would you
[02:29] <NeremWorld> Sure.
[02:29] <NeremWorld> Ryunson: I believe my 'attacks' consisted of me yelling at you to shut the fuck up because you were pretty much begging me to write your story for you.
[02:29] <Kind_Fearless_leader> pull up those logs for ryunson of his own words and send them over to him.  In fact, include your own commentary on them.  Primarily the discussion during his ECB.
[02:30] <NeremWorld> Right.
[02:30] <Starfire> oooh... that'll hurt.
[02:30] <Ryunson> Nerem: I wasn't doing that!
[02:31] <Chi> Star, am I correct in my understanding that you preread for Ryu?
[02:31] <NeremWorld> [20:06] <Ryunson> Okay, now I finished that thug scene, now where do I go?
[02:31] <NeremWorld> [20:06] <NeremWorld> ...
[02:31] <NeremWorld> [20:07] <Ryunson> Introduce more bad guys, have the main one attack a village, what?
[02:31] <NeremWorld> And my 'attack' was...
[02:31] <NeremWorld> [20:09] <NeremWorld> I AM NOT THE GOD DAMN AUTHOR OF THIS! YOU ARE! YOU ARE! AND THUS, IF I EVEN TELL YOU ONE THING, I CAN CLAIM THE WORK AS MINE, BECAUSE I'LL BE THE ONE WRITING IT.
[02:32] <Ryunson> I saw that, and it will never happen again.
[02:32] <CyMage> Nerem, not that you would want to... O_o
[02:32] <NeremWorld> CyMage: If I was writing it, it would be very much so better.
[02:32] <Starfire> Chi: Hai.
[02:32] <Chi> Then, my most sincere and heartfelt condolences for your suffering
[02:33] <Starfire> ^_^;; I tried to help...
[02:33] <Ryunson> I'm the one that's suffering!!
[02:33] <Chi> then you're a noble spirit indeed
[02:33] *** Beto is now known as Skuld_Saotome
[02:33] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Starfire, truly a noble sentiment.
[02:33] * Skuld_Saotome stamps 'You are a no talent hack! Get over it!' on Ryunson's forehead with her magic.
[02:34] *** Skuld_Saotome is now known as Beto
[02:34] <Starfire> I'm just to nice to put venom into my comments even if they need them. -_-;;
[02:34] <Starfire> too even.
[02:34] <Chi> that's why the world has people like dracos *jerks a thumb at KFL*
[02:35] <Starfire> ^_^;;
[02:35] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Indeed.
[02:35] <Starfire> I like him. but I'm crazy.
[02:35] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Like Ryunson?
[02:36] <Chi> myself, I usually take one look at such idiots, or such poor writing, and walk off, shaking my head in disgust. I was feeling a rare mood of charity this eve... and it seems that I should have crushed it upon its emergance....
[02:37] <Ryunson> JUST STOP BASHING ME!! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU MAGGOTS RUINING MY MOOD, I TRIED TO WORK HARD, BUT ALL THESE TIME CONTSTRANTS MAKE ME NOT THAT GREAT!! SO KINDLY, PLEASE LET'S DISCUSS THIS TOMORROW, BEFORE I GO BALLISTIC??!!!
[02:37] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Let me tell you something. There are weak men and strong men in this world. The strong men take everything and the weak men die. That's how the world was designed. Now I will show you how it works, weaklings!!!
[02:37] <Kind_Fearless_leader> - Luca Blight
[02:37] <Chi> You're still here? Are you a pain slut or something?
[02:38] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Good bye, Ryunson.
[02:38] <Kind_Fearless_leader> You are dismissed.
[02:38] <Ryunson> Night.
[02:38] *** Ryunson has quit IRC (Quit: )
[02:38] <Chi> gods...
[02:39] <Kind_Fearless_leader> I can't believe he needed to be dismissed. -.-
[02:39] <Chi> such an idiot reminds me again why I despise so much of humanity....
[02:39] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Star, ye happen to know what stellar education system produced such an individual/
[02:39] <NeremWorld> 'ATTENTION! READY FOR YOUR DAILY BEATING, MAGGOT? OF COURSE YOU ARE!'
[02:40] <Starfire> American public schools I'd assume. give me private anyday.
[02:40] *** Chibi-Ginn has quit IRC (Quit: That was worth the money I paid. -=SysReset 2.51b=-)
[02:40] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Indeed Indeed.
[02:40] <Chi> eh *shrugs*
[02:41] <Chi> a school doesn't make for intelligence...
[02:41] <Starfire> well, ja all.
[02:41] <Chi> it merely provides you with information
[02:41] <Chi> bye
[02:41] <Starfire> chi, nope: hard effort does.
[02:41] <Kind_Fearless_leader> see ya star
[02:41] *** Starfire has left #ecb
[02:42] <Chi> heh
[02:42] <CyMage> Hmmm... Going to make this a regular place?
[02:42] <Chi> Star knows so little of me
[02:42] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Probably not.
[02:43] <Kind_Fearless_leader> only came here to smack some brains into that idiot
[02:43] <CyMage> One time deal?
[02:43] * CyMage nods
[02:43] <Kind_Fearless_leader> at least I get a funny log.
[02:43] <Chi> I've never worked hard to absorb information *snickers* Unless of course she was refering to the intelligence part, which in and of itself has its own problems...
[02:43] <Kind_Fearless_leader> heh
[02:44] <Kind_Fearless_leader> Well, that's a wrap folks.
<End ECB>

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

SgtRanma

That must be the longest damn post I've ever seen...

Rezantis

As a random piece of trivia for you, Mookie named the channel #FYAD after the old FYAD forum on Something Awful.  Which was, as one can probably guess, a flaming forum.  Go fig.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.