News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Dungeons and Dragons: Back to the Basics

Started by Dracos, September 09, 2005, 09:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

I'd be interested in a semi-regular dungeons and dragons game, 2nd or 3rd edition.  I don't have enough fire to GM a second game, as I'm already running unacceptably slowly GMing wasteland, but it'd be a good to play in a simple daily or weekly D&D game.

@_@

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Post of mild interest, but will get back to you tomorrow.

I still have a 2nd edition yen after the mess that was Waterdeep.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Yay, mild interest =)

Dracos
Thinks he still has that character =p
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Dracos"Yay, mild interest =)

Dracos
Thinks he still has that character =p

This wouldn't surprise me at all. <_<

Anyway, hell.

I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring; I'm interested in running a weekly AD and D game. Before anything else, I'll lay out the rules and concepts in my mind.

I'm envisioning a very high fantasy game - your typical magical Europe setting. Mages in towers, great sailing ships on the ocean, clerics leading the people in faith, dark dragons in corners of the vast wilderness. You know the drill. What I want there is a 'slice of D and D' sort of game, episode adventures as a group of PCs roams the game world. Think Slayers on a slightly smaller and saner scale and you're in the right ballpark.

Past this, the world in question is rather foggy and will likely be an original one. The world is going to be more a simple backdrop for heroic derring do and shenanigans anyway - kings that need favors, orcs that need stompin' sort of a world. I'm aiming for straight and fun classical D and D.

--

Rules -

The first rule is timing. I'm thinking a weekly game with a set date and time. The times in particular are Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 4 PM. Anywhere in that time frame for at least three or four hours a week once a week is fine, as long as all the players can agree on  day and time before we start.

I'd personally prefer Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I can do Monday or Friday, but this may entail me juggling other gaming duties at the same time. I can't honestly commit to the weekends at all - it's a conflict with SM Redux, and I can't exasberate that game's timing problems. Sorry. This is the most important aspect.  I do - not - want any sort of shenanigans with timing or scheduling in this game at all. If you don't think you can be consistent with showing up to a weekly game or giving it your attention, please save us both aggrivation and don't join up. Nothing personal, but I'm really, really, really not up for any of that. I don't want to have to cancel weekly sessions or NPC players unless there's a pretty good reason.

The gaming system used will likely be 2nd edition AD and D. Yes, I'm perfectly aware I'm behind the times. Having played third once or twice? I haven't warmed up to it at all.

Class selection is open to whatever - anything in the handbook and optional original stuff as fitting. The power level of the game is up to the players - I can do anything from low 3d6ers to PCs with stats ranging from 13-19 - whatever strikes the fancy of those playing.

Questions, interest, or death threats can be posted here or PMed to me. I'd prefer the former for most issues, especially if it's the sort of question others may ask.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

You shall have my sword...

=P

For anything further, I'll wait and see who else is chipping the hat in.  May, perhaps, be good to have a chat session for hammering out what we'd like to play.  I'm big on the more heroic takes on characters =)

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

I'm kinda interested.  Best times for me with the time constraints?  Wed or Thur.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Dracos

We of the wednesday crew say AYE!

Wednesdays for the win!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

Whee!  A game in the mornings!  I can actually maybe play!  9 to 4 what time zone?   I'm currently off Fridays, but I could probably swing Thurs and Wends.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Anastasia

Quote from: "Trunkyboy"Whee!  A game in the mornings!  I can actually maybe play!  9 to 4 what time zone?   I'm currently off Fridays, but I could probably swing Thurs and Wends.

Eastern Standart Time. (EST)

The US east coast, basically.
<Afina> Forever.

Trunkyboy

I unfortunately can't commit to anything yet, except maybe fridays.  My schedule varies, and I've been pushing for ealier hours since forever.  Now that they have hired one more peep, I just might get them.  We'll see.  9-4 eastern would be 10-5 for me, I go to work started around 3 for the most part, I'm pushing for 11-8 >.>   Actually I want a better job with 9-5 hours but that's another story.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Anastasia

Quote from: "Trunkyboy"I unfortunately can't commit to anything yet, except maybe fridays.  My schedule varies, and I've been pushing for ealier hours since forever.  Now that they have hired one more peep, I just might get them.  We'll see.  9-4 eastern would be 10-5 for me, I go to work started around 3 for the most part, I'm pushing for 11-8 >.>   Actually I want a better job with 9-5 hours but that's another story.

Alright.

Well, let me know when and if you can. Nothin' against you, but I need the times to be in order for everyone and interference free.

Otherwise, I'm going to blow a gasket over timing issues again and really just be an unhappy GM. >_>
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Better a small group that can all make it than a large group with two or three 'fails' each week.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

I'd be up for it as well, if'n ya'll be wantin' mah.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Prince Herb