Log for session 1 (1-1, Goblins and lords and a village!)

Started by Anastasia, September 29, 2005, 02:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

> ------
> Adventure! Something worth venturing out from the walls and culture of Paxburg for! A fine thing, found on the roads less travelled and hidden! So resolved, a group of young friends head forth to do just that. Out of Paxburg they go, not on the main roads...but on the far lesser travelled coast paths, deep into the forestry that lines the coast. Winding and leaf choked paths are the norm here, and on the sixth day away from Paxburg, heading east...
> and on the sixth day away from Paxburg, heading east...
> A small village - thatched roofs, a few stone buildings with heavier slate tops. The colors of dried straw and earthy stones permeate this clearing in this seldom taken path, green bursting up from the ground, a small ribbon of clear blue snaking just past the town's far outskirts. A wooden bridge can be distantly seen, a crossing for those who prefer not to become wet. The town itself is dull - the smattering of buildings in a little cluster with a single worn dirt road passing through them. A simple highway town on a highway seldom used in this age.
> Such is what the PCs approach, a motley group coming on this small and forgotten village just past high noon. The sun lingers in the sky, the scent of the forest strong. Such a place an elf would feel nearly at home in, humanity only manning a passing outpost.
> the smattering of buildings in a little cluster with a single worn dirt road passing through them. A simple highway town on a highway seldom used in this age.
> The path widens for this town, enough for five to pass it all abreast. Or four as the case may be, your fifth and his pet off on a temporary backtrack. A few peasants are about on the roads - dirty folk generally, those of the earth passing to and from on various errands.
* Dracos (WinNT@magneton-74.dynamic.rpi.edu) has joined #dunes
<Seryf> Seryf walks down the path, having given up the rambunctious disappearances ionto the forest for the moment. "Mmm...Gavin? Do you know this place?" she asks her knightly friend, turning a little to view him.
<Saul> Saul moves along, using his staff as a walking stick, with a slight smile on his face. Clad in fine, yet simple garments, he carries several pouches at his belt, and a coin on a string around his neck. "How has travelling agreed with you so far, Elaine?" he asks, curiously.
<Seryf> An elf in plain clothing, steel studded leathers covering her, and a pack held to her back, with twin blades that hang from her belt. Golden hair held back from her face by simple wooden combs, but even so, a decidedly more childish aura to her than many elves.
* Sir_Gavin (WinNT@magneton-74.dynamic.rpi.edu) Quit (Ping timeout)
* Dracos is now known as Sir_Gavin
* Dungeon_Ana sets mode: +o Sir_Gavin
* Sir_Gavin looked around, standing tall in his armor. "Nay. There's a number of small villages on these highways and I'm not quite sure which one this is."
> AS you stand at the edge of the village, travels having taken you far? You notice the peasantry of this town is beginning to point, a dirty young woman and a few men looking your way. A muted commotion, some interest generated.
<Elaine> "It's alright, Saul. I admit I was expecting an ambush of trolls or something exciting to have happened by now though," Elaine admits, as she twirls around a dagger between her fingers, slightly bored.
<Saul> Saul chuckles. "Be careful what you wish for," he replies.
* Sir_Gavin keeps on eye on them, a bit odded but not showing it. Knights aren't that common out here, but usually the townspeople are more open on such things. "Anyhow, friends, should we make our way in? I suspect this would be a good place to map out our next route from as well as stop and eat." Sir Gavin's brown hair was short but visible as he was not wearing his helmet on the relatively pleasant day, a warm look on his face.
<Seryf> "I would certainly hope trolls are not that common," Seryf answers softly to Elaine.
> Further along, amid the small cluster point of building those peasants speak, more pointing in your direction. Then, slowly, the pretty if filthy young woman in a tattered brown dress begins walking in your direction.
<Elaine> "True enough, I suppose," Elaine replies with a grin. "Though isn't irony one of the best elements of storytelling after all?"
* Sir_Gavin moves towards the apparent ambassador from the town. "Greetings."
> Coming over, meek as a mouse and keeping her gaze fitfully between the ground and the paryt, "Hail, travellers," is her call, blushing. "Welcome to Silvat's Reach, and I thank Orial that you have arrived safely! Tell me, have the goblinking scourge interfered with your travels, masters?"
> *kind
> With dirty brown(Blonde...maybe?) hair and a voice that screams subserviance, she holds her hands demurely and fidgets.
<Sir_Gavin> "Nay.  We've traveled relatively unmolested.  We had not heard there was particular issue with goblinkin in this area."
<Saul> "No, they have not," replies Saul. "Much to the dismay of some."
<Elaine> Noticing the approaching woman, Elaine puts away the dagger she's been playing with back into its sheath, standing in a relaxed stance in her outfit, almost entirely black, moreso than even her long ponytailed hair. The only striking colors beside her light skin are her blue eyes and the white cloth wrapping her ponytail tight. "Indeed," Elaine agrees with Saul. "We'd show those goblins a thing or two, wouldn't we?"
<Saul> "Excepting the presence of one of the best elements of storytelling," replies Saul, dryly.
> "They have become a menace! We were so lucky Lord Volte was staying in our town when it started, or I'm certain we'd have been overrunened!" Poor grammar and phrasing marks that last sentance. "But even a noble and powerful Lord has not been able to defeat the goblins! The last three parties of travellers have been lost!"
<Elaine> "Perhaps, but goblins make a decent storytelling device as well," Elaine puffs out. Some people just didn't understand art.
<Sir_Gavin> "This is tragic...  please, tell us more about these foul goblins and we will do what we must to see this town once again free of their menace."
> Coming up behind her is another, a ruddy man in the autumn of his life, as dirty as she. "Cornelia..." his hand goes over her shoulder. "Lord Knight," he inclines his head to the shield and symbol Gavin wears. "We would be indebted...the service of the knights rarely reaches this forgotten hamlet, master."
* Sir_Gavin is dressed in well polished chainmail, his helmet off and in his pack today, though his tabbard, bearing the symbol of the knighthood, evident over his armor, kept neat and clean. "I am Sir Gavin, knight of the crown. It is unfortunate that we did not know of your plight sooner. Trust that I will do all I can to assist."
<Elaine> "You spoke of a Lord Volte, ma'am?" Elaine tosses a question towards the lady.
<Saul> "As will we all," chimes in Saul, musing.
> "Yes, Lord Volte," The older man interjects, Cornelia going silent.  "I thank you, Knight, and...Lord Volte is a nobleman in the service of one of the Great Dukes, who was passing through when this began. Please, he is in the mayor's house - go to him, he can tell all about this disaster."
<Saul> "Mmm. We'll do that," replies Saul. "Can you lead us to the house?"
* Dracos (WinNT@magneton-74.dynamic.rpi.edu) has joined #dunes
* Dungeon_Ana sets mode: +o Dracos
> "We would be honoroed, m'lords," the man nods very quickly. "Cornelia, lead them to it!"
* Dracos nods in agreement.
> "Yes," she murmurs, nodding to all. "If you follow me...over here." Pointing to the only two story building here, a slate roof and a fair sight nicer than the rest, right in the center left of town, the group is led.
* Sir_Gavin (WinNT@magneton-74.dynamic.rpi.edu) Quit (Ping timeout)
* Dracos is now known as Sir_Gavin
* Sir_Gavin follows behind the guide, Cornelia.
<Seryf> Seryf follows with, looking around in slightly wowed curiousity. Elves never lived as such, and she'd rarely seen human towns outside of Paxburg...they weere such ugly places compared to the wilderness surrounding them.
> Indeed, it isn't much of a town - most of the buildings are dirty and plain, a few children running around in the dirt and playing - those below five or six naked, the older ones supervising. Crudity, the rough play of war and of knights hunting various legendary creatures. To the main building you go, a semi polished and mostly servicable wooden double door at it's entrance. It's fancy bht eapparent standards of this village.
* Saul politely knocks on the door.
> Standing aside as you reach, "Sir Volte is a wonderful man, so please..." she blushes, before skittering off. At that knock, a pause, then, "Enter," A confident voice, strong and manly.
* Saul opens the door. "After you, m'lady," he says, holding it open for Elaine.
* Sir_Gavin enters in after Elaine, looking around briefly before introducing himself. "Greetings, I am Sir Gavin, I am told this town is under attack by goblins?"
<Seryf> Seryf follows in finally, a moment of hesitation at entering a probably quite confined space. No freedom to go anywhere, like caves, or forests.
> Lord Volte is a tall man - the fairer side of six feet tall, bedeckoned in a forest green tunic and pants. Clothing that would be well for a ranger, a feathered cap atop his head, a single white feather atop. His clean shaven face puts him at about thirty, his stance strong and walk firm. His body brings an air of confident and virility, oozing a feeling of lordship. A single sword is belted at his side and in a gold tipped sheath "Hail, travellers," he intones, booming. Inside is a simple room, chairs around a great fireplace, and a snaking stone staircase to above in the corner. A few old tapestries hang here, dirty and old.
<Elaine> "Thank you, sir," Elaine replies to the gentleman elf with a smile after she steps in.
> "Hail, travellers," he intones, booming. Inside is a simple room, chairs around a great fireplace, and a snaking stone staircase to above in the corner. A few old tapestries hang here, dirty and old.
<Elaine> "Greetings, Lord Volte," Elaine greets the elder with a respectful bow.
> "Aaah, elvenkind and a knight," An understanding nod. "Yes, the miserable creatures do still stalk this corner of our fair kingdom."
<Sir_Gavin> "Tell us more about what plagues this village, Lord Volte?  We'd be glad to lend our aid to seeing them driven off."
> Looking about, his eyes linger on Saul mainly. "Aaah...would you happen to be one of those that practice the arts of the arcane," the question comes, politey if pointed.
<Saul> "Just a dabbler, really," replies Saul, modestly.
> "Of course...I am afraid my own efforts have come to naught," he admits openly, beginning to pace. "These foul goblins have a small number of them and they attack the towns, but..." Nodding to Gavin, "I know of where they make camp."
> As an aside, to Saul, "Really? A magi would make this task far simpler, I would imagine."
<Sir_Gavin> "About how many do they number?"
<Saul> "Well, possibly," replies Saul, to the aside. "As a cleric, and as a mage, I will help however I can."
* Bjorn (Bjorn@carrier.etho.caltech.edu) has joined #dunes
> "Excellent," A warming up nod, turning to all. "They number small - yet it is an impossible task for a single knight, no matter how skilled," Lord Volte confesses, "I would ask of you to accomplish this task in my name - and you will be rewarded for your efforts."
* Saul raises an eyebrow. "I was expecting you to accompany us, actually," he comments. "The villagers said you have already fought them, and it would be good to have one with us who knows their tricks."
<Sir_Gavin> "Um...my compatriot misspeaks.  Anyhow, We would be glad to deal with the goblins.  Tell us all you know about there area and we will see them driven before us shortly."
> "Aaah..." The Lord Knight hesitates a long moment, "My last foray did not go as planned, and I must recover here. Further, it does not serve to leave the village alone, in the case these dastardly goblins plan a direct attack." Looking onto Gavin, "As a Knight in the service of the Crown, I ask that you rid Silvat's Reach of these foul beasts. For each you bring proof of slaughter, I shall reward you with ten golden coins."
<Sir_Gavin> "This is certain to occur, Lord Volte." Gavin answered.
<Saul> "What are their numbers?" asks Saul, musing.
> "I cannot give you an exact number, but they are numerous," Volte smiles to Saul. "Brave warriors, I will be personally grateful if you go forth...thank you, sir Knight. I assure you that your commander will hear of your gallantry." A little smile as well, but his eyes drift back to Saul a moment longer.
> "In this case...whenever you wish, I can show you the secret path to the goblin's lair," he nods. "Or my servant shall. Do you wish to go now?"
* Sir_Gavin glances at his companions. "Are there any protests to heading out now?"
<Seryf> "Goblins goblins..." Seryf muses, a small shrug. "We may as well. Goblins are mischevious little things not to be left alone."
* Saul taps his head. "I swear I've forgotten something... no matter. The spells I have prepared should be suitable for this endeavour, so I am ready."
<Sir_Gavin> "Well then...lead away.  Perhaps, with fortune, we'll be back and laughing over it by nightfall."
> "So be it - rest here briefly, and I shall go ready my servant," Volte nods. "It shall not be long, and I second that motion. I shall have a feast made for you on your successful return." With that, Volte heads past you and out, giving the party a moment of aloneness.
* Misukibot (~dunefar@ip24-253-133-211.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oq Misukibot Misukibot
<Saul> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
> this stretches on, a few minutes passing. A chance to rest or to talk, Lord Volte's servant not coming with any great haste.
<Elaine> "Ah, so the inteprid heroes prepare for battle, though missing one of their own, they shall soon triumph against one of the many forces of evil," Elaine mutters to herself before smiling and nodding.
* Saul sits down somewhere, praying for the continued health of himself and his men, and victory today.
<Saul> OOC: himself and his party. >_>
* Sir_Gavin takes a moment to check over his equipment, slipping his helmet on, and ensuring that everything was readied for battle.
> This goes well enough - a few more minutes pass. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. But finally...a knocking on those passable wooden doors, the sound of someone requesting entry to your place of rest.
> A pause before a second series of knocks, a little more insistent.
* Elaine goes open the door as the others oversee their equipment and things.
> Dirty, grimy and with brown/blonde/DIRTY hair, Cornelia bows in respect. "Lord Volte has asked me to assist you," she demurs, not entering.
<Sir_Gavin> "You know the way to the goblin camp?"
> A nod, subserviant eyes staying low. "Yes, m'lord. I'll gladly take you on that path."
<Sir_Gavin> "Thank you, miss." Gavin responds, gesturing for her to lead them.
* Sir_Gavin leads the party after her~
> OOC - All of you planning on following along without incident?
<Seryf> OOC - Sure.
<Saul> OOC - Yeah.
<Elaine> ooc - tally ho and all that nonsense
> OOC - Okay!
<Sir_Gavin> OOC - Don't we have an OOC room for such queries? =p
<Saul> OOC - Death to the disbeliver! *attacks Gavin with trout*
> Lead out of the dirty village of Silvat's Reach, on to the path that leads out. Out this way, right back into the thick and heavy forest, where day and night matter surprisingly little.  Not far down this path, a half mile and past the river and bridge, the town mostly out of sight now. At the side of the road is al ittle half clearing of the trees, a tiny path you can go on by foot. "This path is it, m'lords," she bows respectfully, standing aside.
> "This path is it, m'lords," she bows respectfully, standing aside.
<Saul> "Thank you," replies Saul, tossing the girl a silver piece. "You've been most helpful."
* Sir_Gavin looked over the group. "Seryf, would you care to scout them out and see how aware they are?"
> "Thank you," she brightens as she catches it, looking onto Saul. "Thank you very much, m'lord!"
<Seryf> "Well, I guess this would be a bit more my forte," Seryf admits. "Yeah," she nods to Gavin, dropping her pack easily behind a tree. "Anyone else think they'd be able to help?" she asks. "I admit, I focused heavily on swordplay in training rather than sneaking."
<Elaine> "About the only talent I'd have to offer is my hearing ability," Elaine admits. "Moving silently is not my forte however..."
> Tucking the silver coin away, "If my lords are ready, I wish you luck in the name of Lord Volte," she demurs, beginning to head back.
<Seryf> "It's better than nothing...I'm probably not good enough for it to matter, anyway," Seryf laughs, leaving it at that as she begins into the forest, towards the encampment, staying just a little ways off the road.
* Elaine nods and follows behind Seryf, paying attention for any sounds that might be of importance and trying to minimize her own.
* Sir_Gavin turns to the others, setting up to wait for them.
<Seryf> roll 1d100
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=52 ]{52}
> Off Seryf and Elaine go! Slowly down a dark and thickening woodland path - the trees become tighter, thicker, the path narrowing just a little. It will be quite difficult to follow this dim path if you're not on it very soon, a half mile in and trees bunching up quicker and quicker. No sign of a camp yet, either, just this path going and going, but a turn in the path is coming up.
> It's not dark enough for infravision to come into play, but it's certainly shadowy. Only a few faint bird calls are heard, the forest peaceful and silent.
<Elaine> roll 1d100
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=79 ]{79}
<Seryf> "Mmm...nothing so far," Seryf whispers, looking up to the curve. "We'll get to just around there, and then go back, we can move everyone up to ehre so they're not too far off just in case," she murmurs, looking to Elain for input.
* Elaine nods in agreement. "A good idea. No need to separate our group too much."
<Seryf> Sryf nods, beginning forward again, trying to be as quiet as possible as they sneak up to the curve, and slowly begin around, trying to get a quick glance before anything can see her.
<Seryf> roll 1d100 for that silence stuff.
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d100 for that silence stuff. --> [ 1d100=57 ]{57}
> Ahead, the path goes on - still thick, but distantly...is that a clearly ahead at least a hundred yards away? There's something in a small clearing, but you're too fara wayt os ee.
<Elaine> roll 1d100
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=12 ]{12}
* Usagi (eb@user-6657.lns3-c8.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oa Usagi Usagi
<Elaine> "I can hear some slight skittering noises now. They're fairly far ahead though," Elaine whispers to her companion.
<Seryf> Seryf nods, a warm smile to her half  blooded companion. "We should retun then and bring everyone up to this point," she murmurs, beginning back.
* Elaine gives her own nod of agreement as she also turns back.
> OBack the duo goes. This goes without incident, the trip back leading to the edge of this forested path where your friends wait!
<Sir_Gavin> "So, have you found them?" Sir Gavin asks.
<Seryf> "There is a clearing a ways ahead, around a bend in the road, I suggest we move everyone up to the bend, and then continue," Seryf informs Gavin, picking up her pack again.\
<Elaine> "Not yet. The path is fairly long, so we felt we should get the two of you a fair bit closer before we continued scouting."
<Saul> "As you say," nods Saul. "Lead the way."
* Sir_Gavin nodded, following them to the bend.
* Seryf leads the group back to the bend, pausing maybe ten or twenty feet in front of it.
> The trip back to the bend goes without incident.  Reaching it again, you can just faintly see the clearing if you peek around, it's promised camp perhaps waiting for you?
<Elaine> "Alright, shall we go back to scouting then, Seryf?" Elaine asks, remembering to pull out a dagger this time. Just in case.
<Seryf> Seryf nods, eyeing the dagger. "Keep that udner your cloak, it can act like a beacon," she advises softly, beginning forward again, as far into the cramped woods and off the road as she can manage, trying her best at stealth.
<Seryf> roll 1d100
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=37 ]{37}
<Elaine> "Sorry, no cloak," is the sheepish reply. "I knew I forgot to get something before the adventuring. I'll just keep it sheathed I guess."
<Elaine> roll 1d100 for detect noise
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d100 for detect noise --> [ 1d100=46 ]{46}
> Off the two go, heading on. Slowly and exactingly down the path as their friends wait. As they begin to head away from Gavin and Saul...ahead is a small clearing. In the center is a single heavy canvas tent, big enough for five or six. In front of it's entrance is a lot of hay scattered on the ground, but most of wall...gah! A little passing breeze blows the stench of the camp to your noses - of shit, of waste, of filth. It turns your stomachs.
> It's not far to the entrance to the little clearing, simple to go on and into it if yo uwish.
> The woods are very thick here, difficult to go in and out of. It's mostly sticking to the path - though the trees do seem to lessen a little in the clearing.
* CrimsonPhoenix (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has joined #dunes
> It turns your stomachs.
* Seryf tries to not gag on that stench, shuddering. Rotting animals do not smell this foul! Trying to breathe through her mouth as she can, Seryf continues forward a little, remaining wary.
* Elaine scrounges up her nose in disgust at the smell but holds herself steady as she keeps up besides Seryf.
> To the very edge of the clearing you go - the hay is thick in front of the dirty tan canvas tent. There really isn't much of note so far, but you'd have to inspect further - well, one thing is obvious. There's bits of waste and offal about, adding to the horrid smell.
> Back at the bend, the others can only distantly see the duo of elven women, distance making sight difficult.
<Seryf> "Can you hear anything?" Seryf whispers to Elaine, wondering and looking around for signs of current inhabitants.
* Saul narrows his eyes as he watches the women dissapear.
<Elaine> roll 1d100 for detect noise
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d100 for detect noise --> [ 1d100=16 ]{16}
<Elaine> "Something in the bushes!" Elaine hisses at her companion even as she pulls her nearest dagger out of its sheath, before trying to aim towards the source of the clicking noise in the bushes to the left of her as best she can.
> OOc - First, make a THACO check at -5, Elaine.
<Elaine> roll 1d20-5
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20-5 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{9}
> roll 1d2
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d2 --> [ 1d2=2 ]{2}
> OOC - Damage, Elaine, then massive reactions.
<Elaine> roll 1d4
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d4 --> [ 1d4=1 ]{1}
> A little cry in the bushes, then a skittering call! "They're here! Get'em!" OOC - Initiative with the two PCs here this round and various other things. I'll deal with the two lingerers a moment.
> OOC - For the moment, I'll use group initiative. Which one of you wants to roll the d10?
<Seryf> OOC - Elaine has the better dicing luck so far. >_>;
> OOC - Heh, heh. Going for it, Elaine?
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=8 ]{8}
<Elaine> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=5 ]{5}
> Sounds from the bushes, the noise of bursting! One on each side... a green goblin, fetid and with a nasty wooden club, comes from each side towards the two girls! OOC - Okay. That's the table setting, take your actions.
<Elaine> "Thought you could surprise us did you, you slimey gobs?" Elaine exclaims with an evil confident smirk while pulling out two more daggers. "I may be young, but I'm way better than all of you!" At last! Battle!
<Seryf> Seryf's blades appear in a flash of steel, whipping as she she moves towards the closest of the vile creatures. "Just kill them!" she tells her wordy companion, attacking with both weapons!
<Seryf> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{8}
<Seryf> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{2}
<Elaine> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{18}
<Elaine> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{16}
> A volley of slashes at the dirty green goblin! Dirt and waste are on it's old tunic, a grey thing with more waste than original material in it! The first slash is the narrowest of misses, the second a clear miss to it's side! Gack! So close yet so far, twin blades of carving missed by a little club carrying carrion pest!
> OOC - Damage on both your hits, Elaine. 1d4 two times.
<Elaine> roll 1d4
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d4 --> [ 1d4=4 ]{4}
<Elaine> roll 1d4
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d4 --> [ 1d4=2 ]{2}
<Elaine> "Done and done!" Elaine shouts confidently as her daggers hit her target. Woo hoo! Battle is such a thrill...
> While this great effort goes to waste with Seryf, Elaine is more skilled! A pair of dagger fly into the belly and left arm of the other goblin! It stumbers and staggers, foul blood gushing forth as it falls to it's knees, a pathetic cry of pain!
> Meanwhile...as one club goblin falls, the other takes a swing at Seryf!
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{1}
> Hah! The miserable beast totally mis swings, it's club flying out of it's hands and well over the elf's head! It lands at the entrance ot the path, clattering and forgotten. Meanwhile... a soft sound from the bushes, little poots! Flashes of tiny iron, little projectiles!
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{8}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=11 ]{11}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{3}
> OOC Elaine and Seryf, ACs?
<Seryf> OOC - 5.
> roll 1d4
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d4 --> [ 1d4=3 ]{3}
* Bjorn (Bjorn@carrier.etho.caltech.edu) Quit (Ping timeout)
> OOC, HP, Elaine? Also, make a save versus poison at +1.
<Elaine> roll 1d20+1
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20+1 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{6}
> roll 1d4+1
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d4+1 --> [ 1d4=1 ]{2}
> OOC - Six damage tn Elaine, and effected by something else. Description coming.
> Three pointed shots miss, one missing Elaine and two going to the sides of Seryf! However, one is not so inaccurate...a  little pointed dart into Elaine's neck, her vision growing hot and red...blood seeps from the little dart in her neck, as her vision goes hazy...hot..sleepy...
> With a little plop, Elaine falls face first down, wounded and out!
> OOC - Elaine is unconcious and bleeding, at zero HP currently.
> Meanwhile...far ahead, the others can just see some commotion, a cry very faintly heard. What is this?
* Sir_Gavin eyes ahead quickly, seeing what he can see?
> You can't quite see, but you think you see something small and green ahead, then one of your allies falling!
<Saul> "They're in trouble!" whispers Saul, urgently. "We better move!" At that, he starts rushing forward.
<Seryf> A dark and decidedly unladylike curse from Seryf as her friend goes down, a blade sheathed as she she tries to pick the other girl up and move her back down the path, ignoring the disarmed goblin for now.
* Sir_Gavin at the sight of one of his allies falling, Gavin charges in!, shield and sword at the ready, quickly moving to attempt to drive off the enemies from the fallen ally.
> OOC - Initiative for Seryf. I'll do the goblins in group again, as the others run.
> OOC - Don't bother to roll, Drac and Rat. You'll need a bit to catch up anyway.
* Sir_Gavin gives off a loud battlecry in hopes of startling the goblins into thinking there were more than were coming.
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: *nods*
<Seryf> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=8 ]{8}
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=4 ]{4}
> Bereft of it's club as Seryf begins to run to her friend, the goblin begins to rush to it, past Seryf! AS this happens...poots again, more darts coming!
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{18}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{3}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{9}
> OOC - Make a save versus poison at +1.
<Seryf> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{8}
> roll 1d4+1
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d4+1 --> [ 1d4=3 ]{4}
> roll 1d4
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d4 --> [ 1d4=3 ]{3}
> A burning pain in Seryf's ankle...a dart sticking into it! Heat floods her senses...tired...urgh....a shuddering as she falls at the feet of the bleeding Elaine, conciousness washing away! As this happens, the now reclubbed goblin looks behind. "Boss! More of 'em! More! I hear'em!"
> From the tent a call, "WE're outta the good stuff!" Stepping out is a bigger goblin, red and wearing the same dirty tunic as the others. This is seen as Gavin and Saul rush forth, his red eyes ooking to them. "Get'em! WE can make Big Human angry!"
> OOC - REact to them as you get closer, then initiatives, I think.
> Stepping carefully and spriting around the hay, "G'nora! Margh! Get them!" the big one calls.
* Sir_Gavin doesn't respond, focusing on getting between the goblins and his friends.
* Saul falls back behind Gavin a little, clutching his staff and mentally going over his spells.
> OOC - Initiative, group again. Going to keep this first one simple. <_<
<Saul> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=2 ]{2}
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=3 ]{3}
> OOC - It's your initiative, you two.
<Saul> OOC - How many goblins are visible?
> One goblin is down, and bleeding pretty bad from a pair of daggers in it. The next is holding it's club at the entry way, starting to shrink back from your rush. The third is the big red one, coming out around the hay filling and holding a rusty short sword.
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: How are they positioned?
> The club holder is pretty close to the clearing entranc.e Past him and to the left is daggerboy, and the red one is farther back.
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Aka standing apart or one behind the other?
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Is the club wielder between me and the girls?
> OOC - Yes.
<Saul> OOC: I'll bless you this round- I want to save my sleep spell for when there are more of 'em.
* Saul pulls a tiny flask from his belt and mutters a prayer to Waukeen over his breath, casting the water across himself and Gavin.
<Saul> OOC - Er, I'm supposed to wait, right? Sorry. >_>;
> OOC - Go ahead, you won initiativ.e <_<
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Yeah, you go first, I'm charging at them.
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Oh wait, that was it wasn't it? =P
> OOC - Yes. Go, Gavin-chaaaan!
<Saul> OOC +1 attacks/saves!
* Sir_Gavin charges forward, bringing his sword to bear against the club wielding one, seeking to knock him back.
<Sir_Gavin> roll 1d20+1
<Misukibot> Sir_Gavin rolled 1d20+1 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{15}
> OOC - I can tell you that's a hit.
> OOC - Damage, Gavin?
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Bless is only to hit right?
<Sir_Gavin> roll 2d4+2
<Misukibot> Sir_Gavin rolled 2d4+2 --> [ 2d4=5 ]{7}
<Saul> OOC: Yeah.
> OOC -  Um, check real quick, Rat? If it adds to damage, we can tack it onto your roll.
> OOC - Ow.
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: That was assuming it was only to hit.
<Saul> OOC: Mmm. Can I see Seryf and Elaine?
> With a great overhanded swing, the goblin's head and shoulders meet a permanent seperation! A spurt of disgusting blood as it's fetid odor bursts forth, a slaying blow given!
> OOC - At the very end of this round if you haul.
* Sir_Gavin continues moving, seeking to get to Seryf and Elaine as fast as he can.
* Saul quickly follows after Gavin, hands shaking slightly.
> As you do, racing..."Get em! Get em! Get em!" The red one jumps up and down, more projectiles...this time thrown stones and branches, a volley at both Gavin and Saul(2 at both).
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{5}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{12}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{19}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{19}
> OOC - AC, Gavin?
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: -1
> OOC - AC, saul?
> OOC - Gavin is safe. Lucky, she nearly gave out two twenties for you.
<Saul> OOC: Mighty AC 10 blah
<Saul> OOC: 10.
> OOC - One stone hits you for one damage.
* Saul grunts at the impact, and whirls to try and figure out where it came from.
> A little jagged stone hits the side of Saul, not enough tos eriously slow him down, only leave a bruise! "Get them! Hurry! Gaaaaaah! Master will be mad at us if we don't bring him shiny MAGIC!"
> There are movements in the bushes all around the clearing, the forest finally clearing out enough here for it.
> Reaching the two ladies...Seryf is wounded in the leg, blood trickling from a nasty dart, and Elaine has one right int he neck! It's sure bleeding, too, nastily and badly. Elaine looks to be quite injured!
* Saul bites back a curse, trying to figure out if he should aid Elaine or deal with his assailants first.
> OOC - Initiative.
<Saul> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=4 ]{4}
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=5 ]{5}
> OOC - You and Dracos can go!
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: What do I see in the way of attackers?
<Saul> OOC: Ditto on that.
> OOC - The hopping shortsword goblin, and the downed one with daggers in it. It's moving, but barely. There is a lot of bush movement on both sides, though.
<Saul> OOC - Roughly how spread out is the movement?
<Saul> OOC - I'm basically aiming for the maximum spread of effect.
> OOC - Not too much so. It's one cluster on each side, really. Opposide sides of the clearing.
<Saul> "Gavin! Cover me!" shouts Saul, narrowing his eyes and scattering some fine dust in the direction furthest from Gavin. "Anub Sora, Sutaris Shirak..."
<Saul> OOC- Sleep spell yeah.
<Saul> OOC: Cast time of 1, if it matters.
<Saul> OOC: Roll for numbers?
> OOC - Sec.
* Sir_Gavin moves briefly in front of Saul, bringing his shield up to protect him as he casts.
> OOC - Roll your 2d4, Rat.
<Saul> roll 2d4
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 2d4 --> [ 2d4=7 ]{7}
<Saul> OOC: 7 HD! wheeee
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Go team!
> Magic spreads out around the goblin camp! A langour brought of sleepiness and lethargy, the hopping red goblin falling over! The movement in the clearing stops as well as in the bushes, silence coming...then a snore from the lead red goblin, little noises as he falls over!
<Saul> "That will only last for a short while," says Saul, quickly, coming down from the rush of casting. "I'll look after these two. You deal with the ones I couldn't incapacitate!"
* Sir_Gavin listens, looking about quickly for any sign of still awake and aware goblins.
> There is no movement now, the bushes still. Nothing is moving, the sounds dying off.
* Sir_Gavin seeks to gather the goblins up, removing their weapons and restraining them as best he can figure while saul is working.
> OOC - Going to the bushes?
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Ayup, after getting the red guy.
* Saul glances towards where he cast his spell, then shifts it out of his mind, quickly kneeling and laying hands over Elaine, a soft white glow emerging.
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Cursed honor and not stabbing sleeping opponents =P
<Saul> OOC: Cure light har.
> OOC - Roll your effectiveness with it.
<Saul> roll 1d8
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d8 --> [ 1d8=2 ]{2}
> The red goblin is quite out. There isn't anything handy to tie him up with, though you are close to the foul smelling straw flooring - oddly, you can see a bit of darkness at the middle of that straw area.
<Saul> OOC: Har letdown.
> OOC - Elaine is at 2 HP, still out.
<Saul> OOC: Yeah. How bad is Seryf looking?
> OOC - It's not life threanting, but it's not nice, either.
<Seryf> OOC - It's just the damn poison. ;_;
<Saul> OOC: Better or worse than Elaine?
> OOC - A fair bit better.
> OOC - Even after the healing.
<Saul> OOC: Then I guess I'm curing Elaine again.
<Saul> OOC: Don't get beat up, Drac. >_>
> OOC: Okay.
<Saul> roll 1d8
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d8 --> [ 1d8=7 ]{7}
<Saul> OOC: See, now why couldn't I have rolled that *first*? -_-
<Sir_Gavin> OOC: Gotcha.
* Saul then tries to shake the women awake; failing that, he makes sure he pockets one of the darts.
> The darts are blood coated on it's narrow tip - crudely made but quite effective, a tiny bit of a green goop mixed with the red of blood. However, Elaine and Seryf aren't stirring.
<Saul> OOC: Waiting for you to deal with them goblins, Gavin. If we can't take them with us, it's better we kill them now.
* Sir_Gavin has removed the goblins weapons and piled them up in the center of the clearing so far...?
> The bushes hold more goblins - two each of the green and nasty creatures, their weapons used and gone. Four in the bushes total, all gathered together.
<Saul> "I don't like it, but perhaps we should get rid of them," says Saul, staring at the goblins. "I don't know how long the poison will last, but my spell will wear off shortly."
<Sir_Gavin> "Got a rope...?  I can't simply just cut them down in their sleep."
<Saul> "I don't," replies Saul, shaking his head. "But there's no sense waiting for them to wake if we have to fight them again. And we can't let them run off, either, or they'll cause more harm."
<Saul> "Well. Maybe you could knock them out properly, and we can drag them back."
<Sir_Gavin> "That works for me." Gavin nodded, moving and ready to knock them right out as soon as the spell showed any sign of wearing off.
> It does soon, first the red goblin beginning to stir. "Oooogh...yaaaaawn....."
* Sir_Gavin whams him with the hilt of the sword, right in the head.
> OOC - No THACO needed here, it's not really something you're gonna miss. Ow.
> Slam! A thunk of that sends him right back to dreamland, as two more stir...
* Sir_Gavin repeats!
* Saul moves over to whap one of them over the head.
> This needed whapping goes without incident, and soon all the gobbies are back and out. Whew.
<Sir_Gavin> "How are they?" Sir Gavin turns to his injured friends.
<Saul> "Assuming the poison didn't do anything more serious than put them to sleep, they'll be fine upon waking," replies Saul, glancing over them. "I had to heal Elaine, though.. dammit. I'll carry her. You carry Seryf.. and do you think we'll be able to pull along the goblins?"
<Saul> "I don't know how long the poison will last."
* Saul shrugs, and starts getting to work, pulling Elaine and his greenskins back towards the village.
* Sir_Gavin checks and sees if any of them have rope to help drag the goblins with.
> Seryf does, you find. A nice long length of rope.
<Saul> "Oh. Heh. Yes, that would work better," notes Saul, sheepishly.
* Sir_Gavin ties the goblins up and sets them to be dragged. Lifts Seryf up carefully. "You carry one, I carry the other and the goblins. Let's go."
<Saul> "Right."
* Saul goes.
> This goes well enough...half was past the bend, progress slow and understandably so...a stirring. A moan from Elaine's lips, her world focusing back..
* Saul pauses, gently setting Elaine down.
* Elaine mutters, "What happened?" before giving a groan, her eyesight blurry as she tries to open her eyes.
> Slowly Elaine's eyes open. While a langour stays in her body...trees all around, Saul close. Aching fading, confusion.
<Saul> "How're you feeling?" asks Saul, concerned.
<Elaine> "Crappy. I'm guessing we won?" she replies. Still alive and no sounds of fighting. Must have won.
<Sir_Gavin> "One may say that truthfully." Gavin answered.
<Elaine> "Woo hoo..." she mutters without much energy. "So much for them not being able to touch me."
<Saul> "Indeed. Still, this trip wasn't terribly songworthy," notes Saul. "We'll call it a trial run." Even so, his voice still sounds a little shaken. Vioelnce isn't something he's used to.
* Sir_Gavin laughs. "Any fight one can walk away from is a good one, no?" Gavin half-quoted.
* Sir_Gavin continues leading back to town.
* Sir_Gavin keeps half an eye on the goblins, ready to smash them again if they seem to be waking up.
* Saul nods. "Can you walk? We're almost back."
<Elaine> "Let's find out," she mutters as she stands up and attempts to walk.
> One of the goblins is stirring - one of the smaller green ones from the bushes. "Ooh...don't hurt us, master...:" it cries out weakly.
> Elaine is able to do so, Whooo...you aren't far from where the main road meets this secluded den. Whoo.
<Elaine> "Well, looks like I do get to walk away from this fight eh?" she jokes a tad weakly as she keeps besides Saul. noting the goblin she asks, "Hey, why are the gobs still alive?"
* Sir_Gavin knocks that one out.
<Sir_Gavin> "Saul sleeped them."
<Sir_Gavin> "And so we've taken them prisoner."
> Slam! Blood trickles from it's head, a cut opened, but it's knocked right back out. Ow.
* Sir_Gavin continues leading the way.
> Out to the road you go at last! Hints of sunshine, the goblins dragged along! It's not far to town now, either! Whew...
* Elaine nods, still a bit too dazed to really comment her opinion on the decision.
* CrimsonPhoenix is now known as Deric
* Saul walks on in silence, suddenly feeling immensly tired. Casting even one spell feels draining. Casting several in succession..
* Sir_Gavin Gavin glances at him. "You holding out, Saul? Just a little ways further."
<Saul> "I will be fine, but I may sit out the feast," replies Saul, heavily.
> As you walk on the road, sunlight greeting you - a stirring by the last elf to awaken, slowly but audibly living.
* Deric is now known as Darius
> As well as another...the big red gobby stirs, a little cry. "Ooh...Master...spare us..." it whimpers, eyes opening. "Master....please, we'll tell you...just don't kill us!"
<Seryf> "Gavin...down," Seryf rumbles softly, a groan as she looks down from an unlikely height, and guessing the person holding her.
* Sir_Gavin carefully puts her down. "You alright, Seryf?"
<Seryf> "Enough," Seryf nods slowly, limping visibly as she begins to try and walk, not quite stumbling. "Um...what's with the goblin train?"
<Saul> "I put them to sleep," mutters Saul.
<Saul> "We tied them up and took them prisioner."
* Sir_Gavin offers Seryf an arm for support if she needs it and nods in agreement with Saul.
> Looking about deftly and strugging at it's bonds, "Urgh...please, don't kill us," it tries again. "We'll be good!"
<Seryf> "Shut up or I'll disembowel you and let you try and walk trying to stuff your insides back in," Seryf grumps darkly, taking the arm, if lightly, just for stability.
<Elaine> "You could have been good -earlier-, don't you think?" Elaine grumbles before looking towards Gavin. "Aren't you going to knock that one out too?"
* Elaine then looks at Seryf, impressed by the speech.
> A whimper from the captured goblin, doing just that at the command.
* Sir_Gavin Gavin issues a light knock against the goblin's head to send him to sleep again?
> Thump. With another blow, the goblin is again sent to dreamland. Thing has to have a headache going...
* Sir_Gavin continues dragging the lot of them back to town.
* Seryf is now known as May
* Darius is now known as Iddy
* Iddy (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has left #dunes
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?