Main Menu

[Ranma 1/2] The Plan

Started by kpjam, October 03, 2005, 11:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpjam

Can't let Brian do all the work.

http://www.sempai.org/~tonbo/fanfiction/

The Plan by Tombo.

I like the plan.  It's real ending is R/A, and while the premise is far-fetched, and the ultimate pairing is incomplete, it does something almost no other R/A pairing does.  It points to Akane's flaws!  Yes, it's the complete opposite of a Younge fic!

It's a one-shot with a couple alternate endings.  One serious, one silly.  Akane tells the story of how a kid who was acting up in class learned to use 'the plan' to make himself a better person.  The plan is simple, 'shut up', 'don't do anything stupid', and 'be nice'.

Well, one of the characters decides to use the plan to help out their life.  Simple, right?  Well, in the Ramnaverse, there is no simple, so strife and misunderstandings abound until there is a bit of resolution at the end.

It drags a bit in the middle, but the humor of Tendo household laughing at the plan while the reader knows that everyone but Kasumi could use a healthy dose of it is a nice start.

I give a thumbs up.  It has some humor but is mostly serious.  He doesn't attack the status quo or even the fiance wars  -- except a in the alternate endings -- but again, one of the rare fics that has Akane as the villain in need of change without her being an exaggerated psycho bitch and Ranma a saint.

A short read for those of you that haven't read it before.

Enjoy.
he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!