News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Log for session side trip one - Darius hunts

Started by Anastasia, October 04, 2005, 12:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Notes - Um, there was some mild confusion over how to properly roll ability checks for NWPs. Past that, this is pretty minor.

> A fine day in the forests. Simply put, at least, for one Darius. As your group travels away from Paxburg, Darius happens to be at the rear of the group with his faithful companion. This is a good thing, since in the forest gloaming, a sight that catches the eye of one tiger - a fine deer, a large buck darting through the woods!
* Darius glances into the woods at the call of Serith.
> It's a heavily forested area, the wide path that is carved through the forest surrounded on all sides by the creeping trees. A village should be ahead if Gavin is right, but it's a while yet.
> It's quite the buck you see racing! STrong and noble, it's a fine hunting specimin indeed!
> Serith stops, feline eyes darting to it. An intensity, easily felt by one beast master.
* Darius keeping his eyes trained on the forest, he calls to the group.
<Darius> There's game around.. I'm going for dinner, friends.
* Darius tosses a glance towards the party, and slides into the saddle, mentally urging Serith forward, drawing his bow.
> A call back from the group, Elaine giving you a nod as you go off with your mount! With that, electric movement begins - the sure gait of a hunting cat under your body, darting into the woods! But the deer is no easy prey! Seeing the great cat and party, it darts into the woods with all of it's Gods given speed!
* Darius sets Serith to hunt the deer.
* Misukibot (dunefar@ip24-253-133-211.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oq Misukibot Misukibot
<Darius> roll 1d20+4
<Misukibot> Darius rolled 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{13}
> Racing into the forest you go! Great loping strides are made by SErith as the woods surround you, the deer running! Fast indeed is this creature, moving fast, faster and fastest! IT's starting to make some distance, darting into the woods...and Serith begins to sniff and track, though you can feel right off she's having some difficulty. So many scents in the forest, so many animals.
* May (dragomirst@63-228-61-242.mpls.qwest.net) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oa May May
<Darius> roll 1d20-4
<Misukibot> Darius rolled 1d20-4 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{3}
* Darius pats Serith's neck, and scratches her ears, encouraging her to keep on the deer's trail.
> Racing into the forest you go! Great loping strides are made by Serith as the woods surround you, the deer running! Fast indeed is this creature, moving fast, faster and fastest! IT's starting to make some distance, darting into the woods. Serith stiffens and sniffs, darting after! Deeper into these sun forgotten depths of the natural forest, Serith not erring, even as the deer escapes your sights for a moment. The hunt begins in earnest, down a little wooded incline at fast speeds!
> The hunt begins in earnest, down a little wooded incline at fast speeds!
* Darius tries to spot the deer through the brush, using Serith's direction.
* Darius nocks an arrow.
> Reaching the bottom of the incline, Darius and Serith go closer! Ducking under a branch and getting an arrow ready, the racing deer is in sight if Darius wishes to make a shot!
<Darius> roll 1d20 to murder the deer!
<Misukibot> Darius rolled 1d20 to murder the deer! --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
> OOC - Critical. Roll damage.
<Darius> roll 1d6
<Misukibot> Darius rolled 1d6 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{2}
> Standing tall in the saddle a long moment, Darius fires! An arrow wooshes through the forest, between branches and fauna green! A whistle of arrow passing through the air...then plunging into the rear leg of the deer! A stumble and a cry from it, tumbling down in a heap next to a tree! Hit! Serith's elation rises, as she continues a course for the downed deer!
* Darius keeps an arrow trained on the deer as Serith stalks up to it.
> It's not needed, the deer's lifeblood is doing a fairly good job of pouring out of it's arrow wound. While alive and breathing, it's down and quite clearly on the path to oblivion. Serith goes up to it, going to it's front...it's neck.
* Darius slides out of the saddle letting Serith slash the deer's throat open, ending the hunt.
> Serith does the grisly deed, speeding up the demise of your prey. A fine deer indeed - food for days if properly perserved, or a fine feast indeed. A true specimen of nature's bounty, captured by Darius and his mount.
* Darius retrives his arrow, cleaning it off on the grass and begins to clean the deer.
* May is now known as Hotaru-chan
> Time passes as the essentials of the hunt continue. Cleaning and gutting the deer is without incident by and large, but suddenly...Serith perks up, looking to behind you with a sudden tension.
* Darius brings his bow up, staring in the direction Serith is, feeling her tension.
> "Hold!" A request, mellow and understanding, defensive. A green cloaked man, tall and pockmarked faced, holds his hands up openly. A bow is slung to his back, a hunter's knife at his belt. "Friend, I merely see that you have found a kill yourself this day. Hail, traveller...and..." A long look to Serith, recoking to the great feline.
* Darius slightly lowers his bow, and releases the tension on the bowstring, but leaves the arrow nocked.
<Darius> "Hail, stranger. And she is my friend. Who are you?"
* Darius sends a mental push to Serith to circle slowly towards the man's left flank.
> Hands free and keeping his eyes on the tiger, "A local hunter, friend. A man in search of his dinner and antlers to sell at Silvat's Reach. I have not seen you or your...friend in these lands before."
<Darius> "Aye, we're only passing through ourselves. Hunting for dinner, much as you are."
> Stalking slowly to the side, Serith is not idle as the two humans converse. "In that case, be wary - the villagers talk of problems with the Goblinkind nearby. A strange case considering the temperment of the beasts, but they are quite insistent on the problem."
<Darius> "Goblinkind? Hmm.. Odd for sure.. Thank you for the warning.. But me and my friend can take care of a few goblins, I'd imagine."
* Darius grins at the man.
> "Indeed," Eyeing the cat that's at his far side now, the hunter nods. "I imagine son, but...may I ask a favor of you should you encounter them?"
> *so
<Darius> "What favor, friend?"
> "...I have met the goblins in this region before. They have not been hostile to me - they even trade me the herbs for a potent compound. I know not what has made them hostile to the village, but they are not terrible creature." A nod to you, "And if you may...I dare say your friend looks hungry. If you will..?" A look to Serith, eyeing him from his side.
* Darius shrugs.
<Darius> "She is indeed hungry, and eager to hunt. I'll have your words in mind if I come across any goblinkind, but I tell you now, if they draw blade to me, they die."
* Darius picks up the carcass and slings it over his shoulders, and heads over to Serith.
> "Then a good day to you," he nods simply, going off. "If they fight, be wary - the componding secrets to Mudwhipple herbs creats a potent agent." With that a turn of his back, the hunter goes of and leaves Darius to his own devices.
* Darius gives Serith a mental shove and follows after her as she stalks off to hunt her own dinner.
<Darius> roll 1d20-4 for tracking Serith's dinner
<Misukibot> Darius rolled 1d20-4 for tracking Serith's dinner --> [ 1d20=10 ]{6}
> The hunt continues! Deeper into the forest Serith goes, leaping over a branch as more prey is found! Another deer is hunted, Serith sprining to it! Under the shade of many ancient trees, the flash of teeth ends the life of another deer!
* Retrieving #dunes modes...
* Darius lets Serith rip the deer to pieces, then slings the deer carcass to the saddle, heading back towards the road.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?