News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Session 1-2! Confusion and betrayal and a cute elf girl?!

Started by Anastasia, October 07, 2005, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

* Sir_Gavin (WinNT@poliwag-61.dynamic.rpi.edu) has joined #dunes
* Anastasia sets mode: +o Darius
* Anastasia sets mode: +o Saul
* Anastasia sets mode: +o Sir_Gavin
* May is now known as Serif
* Serif is now known as Seryf
<Sir_Gavin> [14:56] <Seryf> "Shut up or I'll disembowel you and let you try and walk trying to stuff your insides back in," Seryf grumps darkly, taking the arm, if lightly, just for stability.
<Sir_Gavin> [14:57] <Elaine> "You could have been good -earlier-, don't you think?" Elaine grumbles before looking towards Gavin. "Aren't you going to knock that one out too?"
<Sir_Gavin> [14:57] * Elaine then looks at Seryf, impressed by the speech.
<Sir_Gavin> [14:57] <Dungeon_Ana> A whimper from the captured goblin, doing just that at the command.
<Sir_Gavin> [14:59] * Sir_Gavin Gavin issues a light knock against the goblin's head to send him to sleep again?
<Sir_Gavin> [15:00] <Dungeon_Ana> Thump. With another blow, the goblin is again sent to dreamland. Thing has to have a headache going...
<Sir_Gavin> [15:01] * Sir_Gavin continues dragging the lot of them back to town.
* Anastasia is now known as Dungeon_Ana
> It's a heavy lot, the knight's muscles straining as the goblinkinds are dragged back into town. The blessing of the sun returns, dipping into the sky in it's afternoon descent into night, but Lord Illuma has not gone yet. It is in this that you cross the bridge into the village, goblins in tow and a sight to be had - some villagers are grouped around a man and his tiger, some commotion and wary interest in such a strange beast.
> It is your seperated companion, Darius, some understandable attention given to him as in the town center, his tiger attracts a fair deal of attention.
* Sir_Gavin takes a glance around when they arrive at the edge for anything that looks like a town prison.
<Saul> "I see Darius is finished hunting," murmurs Saul, still tired from the little expedition.
> Nothing Gavin sees - it's mostly straw and thatch houses, with a few stone building in center. You suppose one of the studier stone buildings may be one, perhaps.
<Sir_Gavin> "Yes.  He certainly took his time." Sir Gavin said in a slightly tired voice.
> Serith stirs amid the attention, looking up and ahead, past the bothersome villagers. A little not growl, attention getting,a s he looks to the returning adventurers...and the goblins they bring in tow, tied up in rope and dragged in a most desperate manner.
* Darius glances over and catches sight of the group, and meets them, taking some of the Goblins off of Gavins' hands.
<Darius> "Looks like you all had a bit of fun without me, eh?"
<Sir_Gavin> "You could say that.  Come, help get these to their prison.  We can question them later."
<Darius> "Question? I was wondering why they weren't dead yet.."
> The goblins are still inert, quite out and dazed from dragging and magery. "Hey, you got them," one dirty peasant calls, turning, then another. "The travellers got the goblins!"
* Seryf follows quietly, the balancing hand gone from Gavin's arm as she walks along. "I thgink Gavin objects to killing them in their sleep...we'll have to execute them eventually," Seryf notes softly.
<Saul> "Because I put them to sleep," replies Saul, sighing. "I would rather not slay a helpless creature if it can be avoided."
* Darius shrugs.
<Darius> "As long as they die eventually, I suppose."
<Seryf> "If wee didn't, they would," Seryf shrugs, gesturing vaguely to the townspeople. "And they'd do a much worse job of it."
> Serith drifts to the goblins, sniffing briefly in their direction. No lingering, however, as she turns and head sback to the side of Darius. "Go, go tell Lord Volte," one familiar male calls, a more familiar girl turning heel and doing just that at a rapid pace. Off she runs, to the 'grand' building that houses this lord.
<Sir_Gavin> "Honor is not something tossed aside lightly.  Killing things in their sleep is not the path."  Sir Gavin responded, indicating he was still in hearing range.  "We'll leave them to the justice of the local lord and have end of it."
* Saul narrows his eyes at the conversation, but doesn't add his input.
<Sir_Gavin> "And something seems off about them anyhow..." Gavin said a bit tiredly.
<Darius> "Eh? What do you mean?"
> "Hail, heroes," Another villager calls, people cominga nd grouping around you. "Thank you! Is this all of the green bastards?"
<Sir_Gavin> "Save one that lay dead on the ground where they fought us, these are all who were at the camp," Sir Gavin responded.
> "Excellence! Thank the Gods! Finally!" Cries ring out from the villagers, excitement generating. As this happens, ar eturn - striding with a strong pace is Lord Volte, drawn out by this news. "Hail," A call, the villagers melting away from you like ants as he strides forth. "I see your hunt has borne fruits!"
<Saul> "I suppose," replies Saul. "Do you have somewhere we can put these creatures for the time being?"
* Sir_Gavin nods in agreement. "Yes, I'd much like to store this burden somewhere."
> A glance at the tiger and new companion by Lord Volte, though he does not linger on them. "There is a death sentence hanging over these vile creatures," Volte nods, reaching to his belt to draw his sword. "Let us dispose of this trash and be done with the business." Striding towards the bound goblins, "Containment will not be needed."
<Saul> "I have questions I wish to ask them," interjects Saul. "Preferrably in a controlled environment."
> Standing before the first goblin, but not doing anything else, "Questions? What nonsense words can this foul creatre offer of interest to a magi? No, let us finish this deplorable matter and celebrate a return to peace for this tired village!" His voice is clarion, a ringing oath that travels from end to end of Silvat's Reach.
<Saul> "Fool! They spoke of a master who commanded them!" shouts back Saul. "Would you prefer this leader decides to set upon you again, without us having properly defeated him?"
<Darius> "In my experience, if a Mage has a question to ask, the answers tend to be something to listen to."
* Sir_Gavin frowned a bit. "Lord Volte, please humor Saul a bit. After all, we cannot be sure that we got them all if we simply execute all we found."
* Seryf narrows her eyes at Volte. "When goblins know to hunt for magic, and not just shiny bits, something is amiss. Hence, the need for questioning even such feeble minds."
> Looking about, Volte shakes his head and sheathes his sword. "AS you wish," he allows. "Take them to the top floor of the town hall. There is an empty room there that will suffice." With a curt nod, Lord Volte turns and heads back to where he was, leading the party along. "Follow."
* Sir_Gavin follows Volte.
* Sir_Gavin carries the goblins behind him.
* Saul trails along after Gavin.
* Darius drags his load of Goblins behind him as well.
* Seryf follows, smiling a bit more as she drifts towards Serith in the group.
> The goblins are still largely inert, dragged along as villagers follow and watch! Into this hall you go, the stairs going up promising to either be painful or carrying intensive for the group. But Volte does not stop, heading right up without hesitation.
* Sir_Gavin quickly glances at the others. "It'd be a waste of they smashed their skulls against the stone steps." He quickly hauled up as many as he could carry, gesturing for the others to do the same.
* Saul carries one goblin, and wrinkles his nose at the smell.
* Darius slings a few goblins over his shoulders and heads up as well.
* Seryf grumbles, grabbing two by the scruffs of their necks, heading upstairs.
> Nasty things, heavish and smelly. However, with an effort, the party lugs them upstairs. Most of upstairs is empty, save for two simple wooden doors on the north wall. The rest is empty, a sitting and gathering room with chairs and another grand fireplace. "The left room," Volte leads you along. "The right is my borrowed room, and I wish not the stench of goblins to infest it." So noting, Volte opens the door to a simple storage rooms, earthen pots and piles of dry goods stores. (Including rope, notaby.)
> Volte opens the door to a simple storage rooms, earthen pots and piles of dry goods stores. (Including rope, notaby.)
* Saul drops his goblin in the room.
* Sir_Gavin drops the goblins towards the side.
<Sir_Gavin> "Shall we redo their bonds and wake one of them up?"
* Darius tosses his load in like a sack of grain.
> The goblins Darius tosses bounce slightly, a cry from one of them at the uncaring treatment, a moan.
* Seryf deposits her own burdens there, brushing off her hands. "Prefferably. I'm going to have to scrub my rope to get it clean."
* Sir_Gavin works at switching the ropes used, tying them more for securing then for dragging.
> As this goes, the one that moans whimpers again, eyes half opened. "Oooooh...mercy, please..." the creature cries, weak.
* Sir_Gavin frowned, find it distasteful. "Awake, goblin?"
<Seryf> "This is mercy, your heads aren't being burned in a pile seperate from your bodies, yet," Seryf notes, relooping and knotting her rope as its removed from foul wrists.
<Darius> "Oh, I brought down a deer, when we're done here. We should be eating well tonight.
<Darius> "
> "That's right," Volte approaches, having been hanging back in the room. Looking down to the creature with comtempt, "You will tell me what I want to hear, correct?"
> roll 1d20
<Darius> OOC- Everyone?
<Saul> OOC- He's trying to roll, but forgot his bot, so he cna't. >_>
* Misukibot (dunefar@ip24-253-133-211.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oq Misukibot Misukibot
<Seryf> "Mmm...Deer's a lot of meat to get rid of, but that's good," Seryf nods, ignoring Volte for the moment. Her own methods of questioning likely wouldn't run here.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=11 ]{11}
* Darius turns to Seryf.
<Darius> "Yes, a lot of meat. But if we salt it, we can keep it for a while, too.
<Darius> "And meat is better than trail rations any day."
> "Y-Y-Yes..." the goblin blances, green turning to pea soup green at that note. "Whaddya want from us?"
<Sir_Gavin> "Later, you two."
<Sir_Gavin> "Are there any other goblins working with you?  or other beings?"
<Seryf> "Or smoke it if we can find the right deadfall...smoked is usually better tasting than salting," Seryf muses. "We're just discussing dinner, Gavin."
> "Uh...uh...." The goblin hesitates, glancing at his downed companions, then to Lord Volte. This causes it to shiver and shudder, then looking to Gavin, "Um...we're working elone..."
<Saul> "Don't lie. One of you mentioned a master," says Saul. "You were apparently on the lookout for magic, as well..."
* Darius grins and glances at Serith.
> Elaine, resting against the wall, says little. She looks tired and groggy, watching the goings on very distantly.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{14}
* Seryf raises her golden eyebrows, a small glance between Volte and the creatures.
> "Um..." Looking to Volte again, "It's him," the goblin looks right to Lord Volte, "He wants shiny things from us and won't kill us if we cooperate!"
* Sir_Gavin shakes his head. "Indeed......That's a serious claim."
* Sir_Gavin turns to Voltes to gauge his reaction.
> As this happens, Serith slinks over, to the side of the goblins...
> A moment of surprise from Lord Volte, staring at the goblin with a trace of something boiling in his eyes, but then, "Nonsense," he roars, striding to the goblin and giving it a nasty nudge. "More lies will not save your life, beast."
* Darius leans over to Saul and whispers to him, "You know.. Just exactly what is a Lord doing in a ruddy village like this, anyway? And from the way the villigers act, he's been here for a while, too.."
* Darius straightens back up and glances at Volte with a raised eyebrow.
> "M-M-Master, please don't kill us," the goblin wails, "
<Sir_Gavin> "Mmm...Normally, I wouldn't take the word of a goblin over the word of a noble...but it seems... odd.  You took a very high interest in Saul the moment you saw him...and the goblins did as well."
* Saul nods at Darius, but speaks to Volte; "Now, my lord, stay calm. The claim is ludicrous, of course, and there is no such proof."
> "M-M-Master, please don't kill us," the goblin wails, "We were just doing what the tall human said to!"
> OOC - Strike Drac's line.
<Sir_Gavin> "Goblin, what is the name of your master?"
> "This is absurdity," Volte snorts, turning away from the gibbering beast and looking to the party members. "Clearly, these disgusting creatures will say anything to save their lives," Contempt fills Volte's voice, "It is lucidrous, and a feeble attempt to thwart the lawful justice that awaits them."
<Saul> "Please, my lord, you may wait outside if you find these proceedings comical."
> Serith tilts her head to the goblin, stretching out by it and looking to it! The goblin winces as he glances at the great cat, eyes darting around frantically! Another begins to stir - the big red one that Drac gave a blow to.
> "Volte! The big human," the goblinw ails, "Don't kill us! We'll give you the herbs you want and all the food we have!"
<Sir_Gavin> "Mmm, that one was the leader...wasn't he?"
<Saul> "He was certainly the biggest. I find it strange that the creature knows your name, Lord Volte."
* Sir_Gavin (WinNT@poliwag-61.dynamic.rpi.edu) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
> "Easily heard from the villagers," Volte says disgustidly. "Fine, I will absolve myself of these proceedings," Volte turns heel and leaves, marching out.
* Dracos (WinNT@poliwag-61.dynamic.rpi.edu) has joined #dunes
* Saul sets mode: +o Dracos
<Dracos> "Well...he could've heard that."
<Dracos> "But...let's see."
* Dracos moves to the big one. "Goblin, what is the name of your master?"
<Saul> "His name was not mentioned while the goblin was concious today," says Saul, thinking. "He could have heard it whilst raiding the village earlier, I suppose.. but I find that unlikely."
> While the other cries out brokenly, begging for it's life, "Ooooh....Rrargh hurt..." it mutters, eyes opening halfway to look to Gavin.
<Darius> "Goblins tend to forget everything execpt what's in front of them, Saul."
> Elaine suppresses a yawn, half sleeping against a wall and leaning against a tall earthenware pot. Her day is catching up to her, it seems.
* Dracos showed no sympathy. "Wake up. What is the name of your master and are there any others?"
* Dracos is now known as SirGavin
<Seryf> "Mmmm," Seryf hums, nodding a bit as she paces, toying with her belt knife. "So...we have a potential traitor to your kingdom on our hands?"
> A wince as Gavin is seen, "Oooh...Volte...he commanded us or he'd kill us," it shudders. "Please don't...he wants shiny things...MAGICAL things...things that glow when he touches the yellow ring to them..."
<SirGavin> "Mmm...Yellow ring?"
* SirGavin quickly glances at Volte's hands.
<Saul> OOC: Volte left.
* Merc is now known as Elaine
<Saul> OOC: Someone check the door. >_>
<SirGavin> OOC: Oh.
<SirGavin> OOC: Must have left while I was peered
> Taking a breath, eyes full of fear, "Please...just don't kill us..." With an effort, it seems to speak a little better, less goblin like. "Please. We just want to be left alone, but that big human found us and told us we'd havta do it, or..."
<Darius> "Hmm.. Volte mentioned his room is right next door.. Odd that a noble would suggest sharing a building with a goblin, much less being right next door to a group of them.."
<SirGavin> "uh...Darius?"
<Darius> "Aye?"
<SirGavin> "That was probably because this is the most sturdy building in the village."
* Saul moves to the wall adjacent to Voltes room, and tries to listen closely.
> Saul cannot hear anything, a solid stone wall and background noise an annoyance.
* Darius pulls Gavin to the side a bit and speaks to him in low tones, "What that one just said fits. I met a hunter in the forrest, said he was a local. Mentioned he trades with the goblins for herbs and a few other things.. Said it's been that way for a long time, but the goblins suddenly turned hostile a while back.."
<SirGavin> "Volte said he was injured...hmm."
* SirGavin tries to recall any indication of an injury on Volte.
<Darius> "And before, the other one said their master wanted herbs as well.. Wonder what this herb does for so many people to want it?"
<Saul> "Probably used in the sleeping compound that was used on us," replies Saul.
<SirGavin> OOC *waits for their answer when dune gets back =)*
* Darius continues to talk to Gavin in low tones, "Hmm.. If they do turn out to be telling the truth, as much as I don't want to, we might have to let them go.. If what that hunter said was true, then they've been a peaceful here for a long time.."
<SirGavin> "Mmm...a messy business all around.  Getting the real villian is important...but can we just let them go scot free with who knows how many who have died to them raiding on travelers?"
* SirGavin also in a low tone.
<Saul> "I don't think they actually killed many," replies Saul. "Chances are, they just put them to sleep, then went through their belongings."
<Seryf> "And then Volte 'drove them off'?" Seryf adds in, her voice matching the lowness of her companions. "Makes relative sense..."
<Saul> "Yes. The only thing is, how can we prove this to the villagers?" whispers Saul. "They love him..."
* Elaine just watches the proceedings, taking mental notes in silence, though with some glee at the seeming unexpected twist in the adventure!
> Gavin - no notes of injury that you recall offhand.
> Looking on as his companino goblin wails, "Please," the red one calls.
* Darius (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
<Saul> "Creature. Do you have any proof that Volte is your master? Perhaps something he gave you?"
<Seryf> "Mmmm...there's always just ambushing him, making sure no one finds the body, and leaving things to go back to how they were," Seryf notes, someone's mind apparently made up.
<Saul> "Perhaps we will save that for a last resort," replies Saul, flinching a little.
> "Um...we have something he didn't think was worth taking, and he has that yellow ring! It glows when it touches something like that - blue! Blue like the sky!"
<SirGavin> "Where is this thing?"
> "Camp! It has strange words on it! I look at it and I feel funny and fuzzy!" So crying, "If you spare us, we'll give you everything we have, including that!"
<SirGavin> "...we really should've searched their camp before heading off..."
* Iddy-Crashed (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has joined #dunes
* Iddy-Crashed is now known as Darius
<Elaine> "Well, Seryf and I -were- out of it and you didn't know anything about the poison they'd hit us with," Elaine notes to the knight, making her first interjection in a while into the conversation.
<SirGavin> "Mmm, well..  what else.  We have that he wasn't injured at all in any fight with them.  That item...Darius, could you take saul and get that item?" Sir Gavin suggested.
<Saul> "Mmm. While we're gone, perhaps you and Seryf could put pressure on Volte. Perhaps search his room?"
<SirGavin> "I think we have enough for some honest questioning of him regardless."
> Serith gives the goblins a last look, before trotting up to Darius. A sense of impatience, staring ahead.
* Darius (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
<Elaine> "Okay, and what do I do while the four of you are out? Play guard?" Elaine asks, slightly annoyed that nothing was suggested for -her- to do.
<SirGavin> "The drug passed through your system yet, Elaine?" Gavin asked.  "If so, care to help put pressure on him?"
<Elaine> "I feel fine now really," Elaine replies. "But sure, I'll help out if you want."
<SirGavin> "Mmm, an idea...Care to distract the villagers so they don't strangle the goblins while we're trying to get Volte's to give up?"
* Saul is now known as C-Rat-Sleep
* Elaine grins. "A distraction? Not a problem. I'll dazzle them with my skills so badly they'll forget all about the gobs."
* Midnight (danchou@adsl-070-157-200-205.sip.asm.bellsouth.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
* SirGavin grins. "I figured you would like that. Anyhow, let's go." Gavin led the way out.
* Seryf follows Gavin along, quiet as usual, though her hands do rest on the pommels of her longswords.
> OOC - So you and Gavin will be searching out Volte, Seryf? Okay.
<SirGavin> OOC: Yup.
> OOC: Where are you going to look first, assuming he's not right outside?
> *outside the storeroom.
* Elaine also steps out of the storeroom, planning on heading outdoors and gathering the villagers around with a show.
<SirGavin> OOC: If he's not outside, we go knock on his door.
> OOC - Alright.
> Heading out of the storeroom as two friends go to search a camp and another goes to entertain the masses, GAvin and Seryf look about. The wide second floor is empty, the door to Volte's room shut. Going and knocking to it is a simple matter, a pause before a reply of, "Aye?"
<Seryf> Letting Gavin, as a legal and moral authority, lead, Seryf remains quiet, slightly behind him. She never was really good at working on an equal or lesser plane for this kind of thing anyway.
<SirGavin> "We'd like to have a word with you, Lord Volte."
> Another pause, "One moment." His voice is stern, several moments passing before the door opens. Standing there is Lord Volte, a simple bedroom behind him, a heavy iron and wood storage chest, squat to the ground, sitting at the foot of the straw bed. "Yes? Have you had your fill of goblinish lies?"
<SirGavin> "Perhaps.  I'd like to hear the full story on how you came to be here and your battle with them, if you would?"
> "There is little to tell. I am passing through on business, and was foully attacked by goblins," Volte frowns, eyeing Gavin. "They use villanry and stealth to ransack this peaceful place, away from the iron laws and protections of Paxburg or one of the Grand Dukes."
<SirGavin> "Well, you'll be happy to note then we've sent back Darius to go retrieve the stolen goods.  I'm certain the villagers will be glad to have their things back.  Have they lost many to the goblins?"
> "They have lost enough," Volte's frown deepends. "I am only glad that these beasts will be dealt with and that all can continue on past this miserable incident."
<SirGavin> "Volte, I would be much obliged to know the specifics.  I will need them when I report the activity later to my superiors."
<SirGavin> "Additionally, it will be difficult to distribute the recovered goods without information on who was robbed."
> "The townsfolk can inform you of what they lost," Volte shortly replies ,"I have not kept records. Many attacks have been on passing travellers, so exacts are impossible."
<SirGavin> "How many did you encounter when you fought with them?"
> "Six? Seven?" A shrug, "Enough of the dastardly beasts as to be difficult."
<SirGavin> OOC: Mmm.
<SirGavin> "You were wounded during your fight?  Did you have a cleric look at it?  We found they were poisons when we fought with them."
> "My injuries are dealt with," Volte looks long to Gavin. "If this is all, I have matters to which I must attend, knight."
<SirGavin> "Matters?" Sir Gavin raised an eyebrow, clearly disapproving of the attempt to dodge the question.  "How many have you slain?"
> "Enough," Volte begins to step back, going to the door.
<SirGavin> "Why are you acting as if you had something to hide, Volte?"
<Seryf> Seryf glances to her friend, a slight hum as she moves to the side, ready to block the door at a moment's notice. Not quite standing in front of it, bbut keeping the door open at least.
> A long look to Gavin, "My matters are of no concern to you, knight," his voice takesn on a sharper, far less friendly tone. "Now begone."
<SirGavin> "I was hoping you would be more forth coming, Lord Volte." His tone serious.  "You will cooperate or I will be forced to place you under arrest pending a prolonged investigation into the area.  Some of the locals have testified against your story in this manner.  Now neither of us really want that, you can cooperate willingly or..."
> A slight start at that, Lord Volte's hand drifting and then darting to the hilt of his sword. "You both lack the authority and the reason," he says darkly. "If you do not leave, I shall personally pursue misconduct charges against you with the knights."
<Seryf> Sery'f hands settle off the pommels of her blades, and onto the hilts as well, remaining silent in a battle of kingdom officials.
<Seryf> *Seryf's
<SirGavin> "Wrong, Lord Volte.  As a full knight, I am qualified to instigate an investigation and request, by force if needed, that you cooperate.  While I cannot officially arrest you without more evidence, I can demand that you remain in your room pending a full investigation based on willful hindering of knight business in dealing with dangers to the realm.  These are lawful proceedings."
<SirGavin> "While you are fully enabled to bring such charges of misconduct against me...they would, in turn, ensure a complete investigation of the area and your involvement."
> "No," A sharp word of command, the word of someone that expects total obidience. "Further, I find you a churlish excuse for a knight, overrule you, and demand that you cease this investigation immediately. Such foolishiness will not occur, and I will see you stripped of rank and title for this indignity!"
> His face roars with anger, his expression a tense defiance. His posture is tight, knuckles white around his gripped sword hilt.
<SirGavin> "I do not fall under you, Volte.  We are not the servants of nobility." Gavin glared.  "You may bring it up with my superiors, and if you wish, you may send a messanger.  But as I said, it would not matter.  In order to overrule me in this manner, it would require a higher ranking knight of the order of which you are not or a full investigation by such an individual into all of the circumstances."
<SirGavin> "In either case, you convince me more and more that such an investigation would bring up further evidence of your own guilt in this manner."
> "Enough of this. Stand aside and begone," Volte growls, a glare right back, voice dangerously low and angry. "Stand aside, knight," the last is uttered with complete disdain and respect, anger.
> *Disrespect
<SirGavin> "You mistake, Lord Volte.  You personally requested our interference in these matters.  We shall remain here pending the completion of such, regardless of your wishes.  We shall stay to complete an investigation into the activities here.  You are confined pending the completion of those, as stated, for willful hinderance of knight business."
> "Fool," Volte snarls, "If you will not stand aside, your life is forfiet for interfering in the business of a Grand Duke," he says, darkly. A smooth draw of his sword, "A step further and you commit open treason, fool."
* Usagi (WinNT@user-909.l4.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oa Usagi Usagi
<SirGavin> "I repeat, Volte.  I am under the jurisdiction of the knights.  You are not one of them."  Sir Gavin drew his blade.  "You have now moved to violent resistance of a lawful investigation of the attacks around this village.  I will allow you to yield now.  If not, I will take the specified actions."  Gavin's eyes were serious.  "Grand Duke or peasant, it matters not during an investigation, as you should know."
<Seryf> A further step into position, Seryf ready to help her friend, drawing both her swords and standing ready.
> "Fool..." A long glare at Gavin, considering...before he sheaths his blade. "Your title and life will be forfiet for this," he growls.
* SirGavin sheathes his sword. "You are confined to this room pending the completion of our investigation. If it turns out that you have nothing to do with the events, you shall be held innocent. If not, judgement will fall upon you." Gavin turn to exit the room.
<Seryf> "Mmm," Seryf hums, stepping away, though her blades remain unsheathed. "We should leave a guard, or move the prisoners," she offers quietly to the knight.
<SirGavin> "Yes, I know.  I guess I'll stand guard over the goblins for now, and we'll switch shifts.  One of us has to go around talking with the villagers and getting as much information as possible.  We need folks who will tell the truth of what's been going on or have watched his 'fights'."
> As you head out, you notice a young man is looking, as he stands near the door to thes toreroom. A dirty peasant, really, but he's up here.
<SirGavin> "Greetings sir, what is your business here?"
> "Aaah...the minstrel wanted me to get her a harp, and it's in here..." he watches, as the door closes, Volte doing jus tthat. "What's going on, M'lord?"
<SirGavin> "Unfortunately, we need to investigate further to ensure that the attacks do not continue to occur.  Lord Volte seemed upset by this."
* Seryf finally does sheath her swords, bright steal disappearing into scabbards. "Such are the adventures of living amongst humans," she remarks, a slight smile.
<Seryf> *steel
> "Ooooh...oh..." Quietly nodding, "Aaah...excuse me, m'lords."
> With that and a nod, he heads towards the storeroom's door.
* SirGavin heads in right behind him. "Be careful."
> "Why, m'l..aaah!" A start at the sight of tied up goblins, a few awake now. They look to you, before an outporing of, "Don't kill us! Let us out! Water! Food!" and similiar comments.
<SirGavin> "Quiet." Gavin ordered sternly.
<Seryf> "...Now I remember the warnings about prisoners," Seryf murmurs.
> The goblins do clam up at that, a shaky peasant going to one of the jars and extrating a crude wooden harp. "Um..." he looks to them. "They won't give us any more trouble, will they?"
<SirGavin> "No.  They shouldn't.  We'll be keeping a guard here.  Would you mind answering a few questions about them?"
> "Sure, what do you want to know," he answers quickly, fidgeting.
<SirGavin> "How long have the goblins been in the area?"
* Midnight (danchou@adsl-210-17-204.mco.bellsouth.net) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oa Midnight Midnight
> The information you get from him is pretty simple. The goblins have been around recently, causing trouble. Lord Volte arrived a few weeks ago as well. No witnesses that are known of. GHe's been around, keeping the town together and asking a few other travellers to help. Apparently, he says the knights won't come here, either.
<SirGavin> "No one has seen him drive them off?  And no messages went to the knights?  I can't see the knights not helping."
> "It is what Lord Volte has said, and he has protected us," A bow of his head. "That is all I know, m'lord, and the songstress waits..."
* SirGavin nodded and let him go.
> A little time passes, Gavin settling in. The goblins are quiet - perhaps that last threat got them to settle down for now. Sadly, the smell isn't getting better.
> In this quiet, it's a surprise - quietly, but not so much so, Volte's door opens. Moving surely and swiftly Lord Volte comes out, a clothen backpack worn, not too big, and his sword at his side. H e's already moving with a haste, eyes darting around the room as he moves.
<SirGavin> OOC: oh
* SirGavin being armed and ready, steps out right behind him, grabbing at his shoulder with a hand. "Where are you going, Volte?"
> A turn and a wheel away, sword flashing out. "I am leaving...over your body or not," he says firmly, a glance to the stairs. With that a turn, a measured stepping back towards the stairs, facing Gavin! OOC - Assuming you aren't going to just let him go, a basic reaction and we can step into initiative, I think.
<SirGavin> "Thank you for clearing up any doubt." Gavin responded calmly, his blade leaping to the ready, his shield raised as he moved forward.
<SirGavin> OOC: Roll init?
> OOC - Yeah. We'll do full initiative here, modified by weapon speeds.
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=4 ]{4}
<SirGavin> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=5 ]{5}
> Slowly inching back and dropping into a defensive position, Volte swipes with his blade! A blade of steel, "You damn fool!"
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{17}
> The narrowest of misses, clanging off an edge of Gavin's shield, even as Volte creeps back towards thes tairs!
* SirGavin moving with the blade a bit, Gavin put his strength behind his shield, seeking to smash him towards the chairs and wall, away from the stairs.
<SirGavin> OOC: Basically a blow against his sword-arm or body, depending on how he's standing.
> OOC - Going for a called shot against his arm in particular or his body?
<SirGavin> OOC: Arm/upper body, with the intent of pushing him towards the wall either way and cutting off his escape.
<SirGavin> OOC: I'll roll what ye want, or step back if I'm being too complicated.
<SirGavin> roll 1d20-3 for SHIELD SMASHING POWAR
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d20-3 for SHIELD SMASHING POWAR --> [ 1d20=19 ]{16}
<SirGavin> roll 1d6 for pain
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d6 for pain --> [ 1d6=2 ]{2}
> OOC - Also, hmmm.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{10}
* Sir_Gavin (~WinNT@poliwag-61.dynamic.rpi.edu) has joined #dunes
* Sir_Gavin is now known as Dracos
* SirGavin (WinNT@poliwag-61.dynamic.rpi.edu) Quit (Ping timeout)
> A crunching blow, the smack of metal against an arm! It causes a wince of pain across Volte's face, a stagger, even as his sword is held! It's point drifts down, a stagger from that vicious blow!
* Usagi (WinNT@user-909.l4.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk) Quit (Ping timeout)
* Dracos is now known as SirGavin
* Elaine sets mode: +o SirGavin
* SirGavin takes the moment to slide around him, bringing his shield back and providing a moving wall, slowly cutting him off from escape.
> OOC - INitiative.
<SirGavin> roll 1d10 for this turn's initiative, low please
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d10 for this turn's initiative, low please --> [ 1d10=10 ]{10}
> "Stupid..." Volte winces in pain...
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=3 ]{3}
<SirGavin> OOC: or not!
<SirGavin> OOC X_X
> OOC - It's pretty clear you're going first.
> OOC - Er, him.
<SirGavin> OOC: Yah
> OOC - He's going first.
<SirGavin> OOC: I should still have him blocked from easily running though
* Usagi (WinNT@user-909.l4.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oa Usagi Usagi
> OOC - You're getting there, but he's fast enough this round to have a shot. Hmmm.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{18}
> With Gavin a little off balance from the bash, Volte does the only thing he can! A zip and a dash, turning and sprinting to the stairs! Loud clattering as he races down the stone stairs, at a fast pace! Fast, but not too fast...Gavin may have a swipe or a dive at him if he hurries!
<SirGavin> OOC: Is that a straight down stairs?
<SirGavin> OOC: Hmm, don't have my hands free anyway.
> OOC - More or less, it's not too fancy.
* SirGavin strikes at his legs quickly, seeking to disable his ability to run.
<SirGavin> roll 1d20 for SWORD STAB
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d20 for SWORD STAB --> [ 1d20=8 ]{8}
> A quick thrust, but far too late! Volte is running down the stairs, racing out!
* SirGavin charges after him!
> OOC - I think we're going to pause here. You're about to burst into the scene in #evil and I'm running out of time.
<SirGavin> OOC: Aww.
<SirGavin> OOC: *nods*

Added stuff from #evildunes:

* Elaine (~mizuno@cpe-68-203-171-65.houston.res.rr.com) has joined #evildunes
> ---
> Outside, Elaine's beginning work is easy - the townspeople are largely gathered about in the central area, frantic and relieved discussion going on. Snippets like, "It's over!" and "Lord Volte and company have stopped those nasty goblins!" An air of excitement permeats the crowd, perhaps three dozen or so dirty men, women and children.
<Elaine> "Are you people going to have a celebration for the event?" Elaine asks loudly as she leans against the wall with a smirk once she's exited outside.
> A few turns, "Yeah, Lord Volte has promised a feast," one man calls, a scrawny and ill fet youth. "A celebration now that the goblins are gone!"
* Elaine decides not to mention that the goblins -aren't- gone yet (well, not all of them anyhow), just imprisoned. Instead she comments, "A feast? That's mighty kind of Lord Volte. Has he booked entertainment as well?"
> "Entertainment," A familiar face, the older man fromt he start of of this town's meeting with your friends, "What sort of entertainment? There are no bards in town, and a feast is rare enough!"
* Elaine laughs cheerfully. "No bards? My good man, you're talking to one right now," she says quite cheerily, before making a polite courtsy. "Elaine Silverwind, at your service."
> "A bard," Some commotion at this, sound and interest. "No kiddin'," another asks, attention turning to Elaine.
<Elaine> "Indeed. I am a professional Blade, a bard who, as the name implies..." Elaine pauses as she pulls out a pair of daggers and twirls them in her fingers with a smirk. "..especializes in the use of bladed weapons."
> Some interest there, as Elaine gets attention. "A bard with a sword? Woow..but can she sing, too?!"
* Elaine snorts in amusement. "Yes, I can sing. I can also play the clarsach, though I'm afraid I don't carry one with me," she replies, giving a mental headshake at how that last question was worded. Honestly. Well, at least they didn't ask if she could tapdance.
> "Wow...so will you perform for us," one asks, "Not even bards come this way often anymore..."
<Elaine> "Well, I must admit that I normally don't work for free, but I could make an exception this one time, I suppose. Of course, if you wish musical entertainment, I would need to be provided with a clarsach," Elaine replies.
> "Um...I don't even know what that is," one admits, another just shaking his head. "There isn't much here, let alone a clar...sach?"
* Elaine giggles briefly. "I apologize, I suppose the name might be a tad confusing. A clarsach is a wooden harp essentially," Elaine explains while stiffling her humor.
> "Hey, I think I have one of those, or there's one in the storerooms," one of the villagers calls. "I can go get it if you want, MIss!"
<Elaine> "Well as I said, if you wish for musical entertainment, then by all means, go fetch it," Elaine answers.
> "Right," he nods, dashing off from where you came. As this occurs, "But a bard that uses swords...what manner of song or music do they make...?" Confusion, asked by a young girl.
* Elaine laughs once again. "Why the sort their mothers teach them to try and make a proper lady out of them, of course," Elaine replies in jest.
> "A proper lady," another asks, a youngish boy. "What sort..." another asks, lost. "Show us what yous peak of!"
<Elaine> "A bit of patience," Elaine recommends pleasantly. "You'll have to wait for the harp to arrive after all. A musician without his instrument of choice, is not much of a musician."
> "That's true,b ut..." Some discussion, "You'll entertain us tonight at the feast, bard?"
> Elaine has the attention of all now, dirty peasants giving her quite a lot of it.
* Usagi (WinNT@user-909.l4.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #evildunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +o Usagi
<Elaine> "If your village wishes it of me, how could I say no?" she answers before continuing, as she stands straight and placing a hand to her forehead begins to look around. "But that young lad seems to wish for some entertainment now. Where is my harp, that I might provide an appetizer to the main course?"
> "He should be back soon," one replies, "It's not far to the storeroom!"
<Elaine> "Indeed? Well, what shall I do whilst we wait?" she ponders aloud, exaggerating her motions by tapping her fingers to her chin, as if deep in thought. As if a light bulb went off in her head, she turns to the youths, looking forth between the girl and boy that commented on her music. "What say you two? Shall I show my main trade or shall we simply wait?" she asks, while fingering her daggers.
> A nod from both, the girl smiling, "Why not, Miss? Can ye show us your skills?"
<Elaine> "Of course," Elaine replies cheerfully, as she pulls four of the daggers from their sheaths around her waist, holding them between her fingers, before throwing some into the air, to begin with a simple juggling act.
> OOC - Mmm. Going to try and keep them interested in your show, basically?
<Elaine> ooc - yes
<Elaine> ooc - at least until either of Gavin, Seryf or Volte come out, in which case I'd start to bring the show to a halt
> OOC - Okay. Let me check something quickly.
* Midnight (danchou@adsl-210-17-204.mco.bellsouth.net) has joined #evildunes
* Misukibot (dunefar@ip24-253-133-211.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #evildunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oq Misukibot Misukibot
<Elaine> roll 1d20 for crowd working
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20 for crowd working --> [ 1d20=11 ]{11}
<Elaine> ooc - pass by 4
> OOC - Okay.
> Attention grabbed in a display of knifish capacity, the crowd watches Elaine dazzle with knives! Entralled, they watch her performance, attention given, cheering!
> Some time later, briefly...running back, a call, "Miss!" The sent boy, a harp held in his hand - not great, but it works. Also, just coming out...Seryf as well.
* Elaine blinks. Whoops! She'd gotten a little too into the concept of entertaining and just realized she'd sent someone into the storerooms she'd been asked to keep them out of. Flashing an apologetic smile at the elven ranger, she acknowledges the boy as she brings her dagger act to a close and begins to put all her daggers away. "Ah, so you found a clarsach after all, I see."
<Seryf> Seryf returns the smile, a small wave as she begins to wander amongst the townsfolk, letting Elaine continue as she might while dropping questions casually.
> Running up and smiling, "Here you go," he grins, looking to Elaine's face and handing over the harp.
* SirGavin (WinNT@poliwag-61.dynamic.rpi.edu) has joined #evildunes
<Elaine> "Thank you," Elaine says pleasantly as she looks over the harp, plucking at the strings lightly and adjusting their tightness as best possible given its not so great condition. Once that is done, she plops onto the ground where she stands, her ponytail whipping against the air at the motion. Smiling as she focuses her attention on the harp at first, she starts to play a pleasant tune before she closes her eyes, playing from memory.
<Elaine> A song soon comes forth from her lips, a melodic tale of romance that goes with the tune she is playing, her emotions flowing into the song.
> The crowd looks interested and happy! OOC - Performance check, -2 bonus since they're already favorable to you now.
<Elaine> roll 1d20-2
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20-2 --> [ 1d20=15 ]{13}
> Seryf moves through the crowd, asking and talking...OOC - PM, Seryf.
<Elaine> ooc - pass again
> The crowd listens raptly as sweet music spills out! Bardic skills are heard, of the musical variety thist ime as she plays! They seem to be quite intoit...
<Seryf> Seryf frowns a little at the sight, collecting enough answers it seems. Continuing her gentle questioning, she does move towards that one girl that led them to the path. Eventually getting there. "Are you alright?" she asks, direct but soft.
> As Elaine plays on, a little jump from her. "Aaah...whatever do you mean," she fumbles, blushing. "I am fine..the goblins are defeated, aren't they?"
<Seryf> "They are," Seryf adds in, staying aware of her surroundings. If a member of the nobility was in on it, who knows what else could happen. "You just seemed a little shaky is all..."
> "Aaah...there is much excitement today," she murmurs, coloring.
<Seryf> "True enough," Seryf allows, a small smile. "Thank you for leading us to the trail today," she adds, almost an afterthought, patting the girl's shoulder, and letting her attention continue to wander where it will.
> The questions continue, much the same. The information you get isn't too different, as Elaine finishes her song...
<Elaine> Once the song is finished and her fingers are done with the harp's strings, Elaine takes a deep breath and opens her eyes, giving a pleasant grin at the villagers. "And -that- is how a bard trained in bladed weapons plays the harp," she says cheekily while standing up.
> "Ooooooh..." Applause rain down by and large, the crowd quite pleased at this performance!
<Elaine> "Thank you, thank you," Elaine replies with her cheeky grin as she bows to the villagers. "You've been a -wonderful- audience..."
<Elaine> Following that statement, she looks towards Seryf and tries to put into her glance, 'Do I give an encore, or am I done?'
* Seryf shrugs a little, a small, admiring smile as Seryf's eyes meet Elaine's, as if to say 'If you like'.
* SirGavin (WinNT@poliwag-61.dynamic.rpi.edu) Quit (Ping timeout)
* Usagi (WinNT@user-909.l4.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk) Quit (Ping timeout)
* Elaine isn't quite sure how to interpret Seryf's shrug and her glance, and decides to not offer an encore. The blonde elf can suggest it if she thinks further distraction is needed.
> "Again, again," a few of the villagers call. "That was awesome!"
> "Yeah," Another calls. "By the Gods, you can play!"
<Seryf> Seryf snickers a little at that, nodding slightly in agreement, even if such skill is less surprising to her.
* Usagi (WinNT@user-909.l4.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #evildunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +o Usagi
* Elaine blushes a bit, enjoying the praise which is louder than what she's used to from the Broken Bow. Just as she was about to refuse though, she notes Seryf's nod of agreement and... "Alright then! An encore for such a pleasant audience. What shall it be? A musical instrument to once more whet your appetitites for the finer arts...or a display of blades dancing anew in the skies?"
> Confliction from the crowd, demand for both!
* Elaine laughs. "I'm sorry, as talented as I'd like to think myself, I doubt I can manage both together," she says as she's hit with the conflicting requests.
* Seryf is now known as Hotaru-chan
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?