News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Chat Adventure: Temple of the Fire Monkey

Started by Dracos, August 14, 2002, 07:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DP

Carthrat

We seem to have a fairly mixed group.. Mostly magic/stealth, but with a little fighting on the side.

Mainly Divine magic, too, which seems a little odd.

*shrugs* Divine magic tends to be more useful for dungeon crawling in my experiance.. all those protective spells are useful.

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Chilord

heh, that is a good question isn't it? ^_^
amp;quot;You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain.&quot;-Sephiroth

Dracos

Update:

This will be held on Saturday, September 7th 2002.  Likely around 5:30 pm.

If there are problems with this message me, I'll try and accomadate so everyone can game.  Any who want to join before then, post here.  Slots are still open.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Drac: 5:30 is all well and good, but I don't know your timezone. Can you post it? ^_^
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

RangerShade

Heh, better get a translation to pacific time while you're at it. ^^

-Shade finds it a pain in the ass to be off by at least 3 hours from the mainland
"Wonderful, we're probably all going to die now."

Dracos

Oops.

5:30 pm Eastern Standard Time.

hum... for shade I believe it translates to around 2: 30 pm Pacific Standard Time.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

On request... I will move it up to 7: 30 PM EST.

Or for shade 4:30 pm PST.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

RangerShade

Thanks. ^^

*waves a happy little red flag*

Victory or Death!

"Wonderful, we're probably all going to die now."

Dracos

the riddle on the tablet:

(In high Elvish)
"The teachings of the Flame"

"And lo, apprentice, do not be afraid as you stand before the maw of god,
lightly walk forth upon his red tongue, and he will take you into his mind.
Do not be swayed by greed...for God shalt crush those who take heed of mortal treasure.
Do not be afraid, stand bravely and walk the path of our god.
Through the hall of discipline thy path shalt go, betraying not your brothers or sisters in the eyes of god.
Enter between the hands of God and entrust your soul unto him, walking alone upon his path...  kneeling before the face of God.
To the faithful, rise into the heavens upon the path of flame to the lip of god,
Answer and give thanks unto god in the realm of the holy flame."
Well, Goodbye.

Chilord

A quick analysis of the adventure... not terribably indepth, but...
amp;quot;You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain.&quot;-Sephiroth

Chilord

For those that don't want to take the time to actually go through and read the adventure and the C&C, what it boils down to is this:

Don't rush the GM. Ask your questions in an orderly fashion after giving the GM a chance to answer the ones before you. Look to see if any questions have been posted before you, and how many if they have.

Don't make any suggestions to the GM about things that would make your quest harder. Such as the question about needing to bring back trophies as proof of dispatching beasts that was asked in this adventure, or Dunefar commenting in awe about how nice Dracos was for not making the stones about the tomb in Tomb trapped or turning into a creature like a golem or such.

As a general rule of thumb, GM's are sadistic creatures, give them a chance to make your lives harder they will.

Take the time to discuss riddles you've come across! Don't just rush in ahead and think about them later. This was what killed off almost everyone in the chat adventure at the FIRST trap of the game.

Don't blindly follow after someone just because you think they know best. ESPECIALLY the first person entering a dungeon. That just means that any traps they get caught in will most likely catch you too.

When you're presented with an NPC that's giving you information, be patient and pump them for every last drop of information they've got before proceeding.

Make sure that you keep your charactor in charactor. Like, if he's a hulking warrior, don't say he walks silently just because the other people in your group are. A rogue walks silently, an elf walks silently, a big human warrior doesn't. They can walk quietly, but, not silently.

NEVER USE OOC KNOWLEDGE!!!! This is the BIGGEST no no of all, and will get you ass killed or crippled without exception.

There are a few more minor points I should cover, but I don't have time atm.

Until next time kiddies...