News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Chat Adventure: Temple of the Fire Monkey

Started by Dracos, August 14, 2002, 07:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, I keep getting asked when I will run another Chat RPG adventure,  so here's forewarning for when I do.  Got one planned up.  The player characters will all need reasonable combat  skills as they are going to be mercenaries.  This will be in a land based european mythos setting.  No ki-blasts or things like that allowed.  Power levels will be middle range, if ye need standard around 10-15 D&D.  As usual, the power of the character really isn't as important as the role playing of them and the tactics.  High difficulty adventure module.  Novices can apply, just don't be surprised if you die in the course of the adventure.

I'll likely be running this in about a week.  Likely around 7pm-12 pm.  I'll update here when I have an exact timeslot readied.  This campaign is optimized for 6-11 players.  No more slots will be avaliable so join quickly.

Shade, if he joins, is automatically designated party leader by virtue of surviving the last campaign.   Any further questions, please ask me by private message.

Please claim your slots here.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

RangerShade

"Wonderful, we're probably all going to die now."

Rezantis

*pokes*  Exactly what day?  My finals finish on Thursday morning (my time), which is about this time exactly.

Can't join if it's going to be -during- my finals, obviously...
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Dracos

I don't know how long I'll be without a viable timeslot though.  Until I'm settled in college which probably at the least will be sometime late next week.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

*raises hand*

I'm a level 10 Cleric of Mask/Level 2 Rouge...
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

Shade's character is already approved.  Please give some description of your character here, basic gist of his/her powers and concept, and NAMES!  I'm not going to say "Okay, 10th level cleric of mask dude, it's your turn.  What are you doing?"

As I said, I give emphasis on roleplaying instead of power playing.  If your character is a flat twodimensional bore, I'm quickly bored with him, which is a bad thing.  So have some character design and depth.  Doesn't have to be a ton but just something behind your eyes that will tell me as I GM your character has at least a little thought behind him/her.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Ah, kk. Sorry.

Thason

Thason is a wily trickster of a cleric. Following the Masks precepts to the letter, he has discovered that in doing so, he can break the rules at any time and get away with it, as long as he isn't caught.

As such, he spends a great deal of time stealing from the rich, and giving it to his money pouch. Combining his talents as a thief with potent clerical abilities, he bypasses even magical traps and guards with ease.

His occupation prevents him from staying in any one place for long, so he is constantly on the move, looking for 'The Perfect Heist'. Whenever he teams up with a group, he finds himself the richer for it (and the group itself the poorer).

A master of disguise, he can perfectly imitate a nobleman or a farmer here, and a merchant or a soldier there.

He carries with him a rapier and a pair of magic throwing knives that return to him when thrown. While fairly adept with them, he relies on his clerical magic to see him through the occasional fight (Something to be avoided).

He is, however, all too human, and the two things that distract him from his course of pilfery are wine and women- things he partakes to of excess when capable.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Shizumu

Neutral female elf (infravison, ability to walk silently etc...)
Standard magic: Fairie Fire, Entangle, Detect Magic

Sanada Graviter or San for short
She's 5'10 about 120lbs, light brown hair with blue eyes. Usually wears cloth-like pants and a tunic with a hood attached to the back to ward off rain.
If you want further details your a pervert :p

Weapon is a staff with a sword hidden within
Strapped on her back is a bow and quiver full of arrows

4 daggers hidden on her, 2 at her hips, one in her right
boot and one in the small of her back.

(Shade said keep it simple)

DP

Now that I can get on the net whenever I feel like it, I think I'll try to do one of these again.  Now if only the Dragomir one could start moving again...

Anyway, I'm gonna go the route of the magic slinging guy again, cause it's always been more fun to fry someone with a bolt of lightning than just hacking him to pieces.

Can I get away with 14 character levels?  If so, sorcerer 6/incantrix 8 it is.

-
Cawti, Chaotic Good Human Female -
Not particularly interested in laws, Cawti prefers to take justice into her own hands whenever she can.  Her hands on attitude and reputation for torturing her victims before ending their lives in overly painful ways hasn't exactly endeared her to the powers that be and she was forced to flee her homeland with an angry mob hot on her heels.

Instead of letting the incident get her down, she's vowed vengeance like any good vigilante.  Eventually, when she's grown in power and resources, she plans on doing something about that vow, but that can wait for a few years.  For now, she's having fun hiring herself out as a mercenary, while occassionally bringing a rapist or murderer to 'justice'.
-
Maybe that'll work.  I'll figure out equipment and stuff later, when I know if the character is even accepted as is.

Dracos

Okay, at college.   It looks though like they intend to make my life hell for a while -.-'.

dp:I don't recognize incantrix.  Guys, include some physical description so I can introduce ye into the game.  Need to understand your concept a bit better so I can react quicker when you act.   Approval pending knowing just what you are using.

Shade: Already Approved.

Rat: Okay, approved.

Shizumu: Swordstaff? heh.  okay, should be fine.

Fearless Leader
in lag hell
Well, Goodbye.

DP

Incantrix is a PrC from Magic of Faerun.  IMO it's about the best prestige class a sorcerer could possibly take levels in.  Basically, the character becomes an abjurer, gaining an extra spell for each spell level and having to give up at least one school of magic, though any spells they already know from it can continue to be used and they can still use spell completion devices from the school.  By the time a character has all ten levels of incantrix, he gets three free metamagic feats, immunity to energy drain and death effects, the ability to cast two metamagically altered spells per day without increasing casting time[lets a sorcerer quicken spells], and the level of all metamagic feats they know decreased by one.  Oh, and they can drain charges from magic items to heal themselves.  They can also see ethereal for a short time each day and alter their spells to strike on the ethereal plane, negating the 50 percent chance a ghost has of not taking damage.  The last ability is a +2 bonus against outsiders for spell DC's, spell resistance, and dispel checks.  

[EDIT-  It's been brought to my attention that this is too much of a good thing.  So, in the interest of fairness and nonmunchiness, I wouldn't mind lobotomizing some of these abilities.]

Wow, now that I write it out, that's a lot of perks for ten levels.  There are a few requirement...all easily met by a sixth level sorcerer unless they have horrible intelligence scores.

Cawti[I sorta stole that name from the Taltos books I'm rereading] is average, you know, plainly pretty but nothing special with shoulder length brown hair, matching eyes, and a slightly tanned complexion.  I'd say maybe about 5' 5'' in height if she's wearing heeled boots.  She's recently gotten into the leather fad, prefering to wear lots of it; leather breeches, leather tunic, and leather vest.  The only garments she wears that aren't leather are her underclothes and her cloak.

Concept.  Hmm.  Okay, she doesn't really have any direction in her life besides a vague plan to exact revenge on people she doesn't even really know or care about.  All she really does is work for people she doesn't view as evil and whenever the opportunity presents itself, kills people who she thinks deserve to die.  This isn't the Black Mage, stab someone because he annoys me type thing.  It's more like the 'eviscerate the child abuser over in the next town' type arrangement.  Never settling down helps to keep her from being caught.

DY

Arik, Human Fighter
Neutral Good

He's about 6' 1", wieght is about 180 pounds. Has kinda spiky red hair, eyes are red. Has a pair of deep, bleed red gauntlets(non-magical). Wears a forestgreen cloak with hood.

Wields a broadsword with a small shield that is strapped on his left arm(can be taken off), and has a small dagger in his boot.

This okay? If not, I can change it.

DY
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Dracos

DY: Approved

DP: Yes, way too much of a good thing.  Remarkably noted that you are relying heavily on a system I'm not really using.  Rounds aren't going to occur in the expected fashion of D&D.   Rolls like that aren't going to be made.  If you fumble magic or something I'll tell you.  Role playing over roll playing applies here.  You have a fine concept, run with it and play it, instead of number/ability quoting, and you'll be fine for the game.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Chilord

Seran
Elf
Dark Paladin/Cleric

Tall, pale, black hair, green eyes.

Carries a long sword with a black coat of non reflective material, chain mail in the same fashion with a good amount of padding *shrugs a bit*  Just as I told ya basically drac
amp;quot;You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain.&quot;-Sephiroth

RangerShade

At least we've got some warriors in the party now.

Although a few more of them wouldn't hurt. ^^

DP: I suggest you go with a simple dedicated sorcerer or mage,
     makes it easier on all of us on the magic side.

Chilord: Is that a Dark elf Paladin/cleric or a Elven *Dark* Anti-Paladin/cleric?

Minna-san: Gambatte!  I've worked with worse material before...^^
"Wonderful, we're probably all going to die now."