Session 3-2: Bears>Dracos

Started by Anastasia, November 18, 2005, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Elaine> [13:43] <Anastasia> So starting, the duo follows and explores! It's a greenish and forgotten place, the signs of nature taking over apparent. The moat is almost empty, maybe ten feet deep and only with a few puddles of water and muddy.  Going on and on in a circle, eventually looping around and coming to the mostly overgrown path. It's odd, an entire large pathway utterly overgrown with teeming vegetation.
<Elaine> [13:45] <SirGavin> OOC: No signs of human life from the visible parts of the fortress? *double checks*
<Elaine> [13:45] <Anastasia> OOC - Not that you see, but you can only see a small bit of the courtyard. You'd have to go into get a really good look, mind you.
<Elaine> [13:47] * SirGavin gestures as they get near the gate, hand signaling for them to go closer, quietly.
<Elaine> [13:48] * Seryf begins moving closer, a frown passed towards that overgrown trail, before focusing back on the castle.
* Saul hangs back a little, analysing the area closely.
> The forlorn castle is ahead.  The watery scent of mold and moss tingles your noses as you approach, the edges of the drawbridge having visible of faint traces of both. The actual drawbridge is old wood half given over to the ravages of nature, sturdy human work yielding in the face of natural power.
<SirGavin> OOC: Drawbridge is down?
> OOC - IT is. You could cross it in theory.
<Saul> OOC: Test the bridge before you walk on it?
<SirGavin> OOC: With what?
<SirGavin> OOC: *is about to walk over it, but that is a good idea*
<Saul> OOC: My staff?
<Seryf> OOC - Or a sheathed sword.
<Saul> OOC: Mmm, something you can put weight on.
> OOC: Begins humming the Jeopardy theme.
* SirGavin checks out the drawbridge, tapping it a bit before he puts his weight down with a sword, keeping his eyes open for anyone there.
> OOC - So we're clear - are you going to go on the drawbridge at all, or just lean out and put your sword at the edge?
<SirGavin> OOC: Going onto it, presuming it holds.
<SirGavin> OOC: Getting closer and heading mostly/all the way across, assuming I continue to see/hear no danger
> roll 1d20
> OOC - Second.
<SirGavin> OOC: No prob.
* Misukibot (~dunefar@ip24-253-133-211.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oq Misukibot Misukibot
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{10}
> There is a slight wooden creak as Gavin presses his weight against the bridge, but it holds. No collapse into the mud below, no plunge into eternity.
* SirGavin getting across, he scouts out the area near the bridge, staying close if an army plops out or something.
> OOC - The other side of the bridge, you mean?
* Saul starts to follow Gavin across the bridge.
<SirGavin> OOC: Yeah
* SirGavin waves Saul, if he notices him, to stay back for the second so that if its an ambush, they don't all get caught in it.
* Saul shrugs, and stays near the edge, scanning the moat to see if anything is hiding there.
* Seryf keeps her eyes on the trees around them, and that weirdly overgrown trail, in case of just that: an ambush waiting to split them up.
> There isn't much space here. Just an empty gate wall, portcullis stuck above and out of the way. Past the rusted metal you can see an open courtyard, rubble and tall grass sprouting out from cobblestones and mud. Far ahead there is a single ga-gah! As Gavin sees a single grand doorway on the far side, into the true interior of the castle, the muddy ground burps! Three whisps of light burst out from it and soar into the sky! Black balls trailing sparking light, going high into the sky!
> Saul, roll a d20
<Saul> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{18}
> Seryf - You don't notice anything unusual with that path, beyond being overgrown.
> Black balls trailing sparking light, going high into the sky!
<SirGavin> OOC: That got...ah
> Saul - You see nothing of note.
* Saul begs to differ, his eyes rapidly moving to look at the wisps of light.
<SirGavin> OOC: I'm...confused at what just happened.  I'm looking across the courtyard, the ground is muddy and and black balls blasted out of it?
<SirGavin> OOC: Or was that from the moat?
> OOC - Yes. From the old muddy and cobblestoned courtyard, the ground was parted mildly to emit three balls of black energy or light. They rose up into the sky.
> AS Seryf watches, there is some noise to the side. Two friends emerging and catching up, SErith and Darius at point and Elaine following...
* SirGavin eyes widen as he glances back, gesturing for Saul to come along.
* Saul comes along, curiosity shining in his eyes, and glancing out to where he thinks the balls came from.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{18}
* SirGavin whispers when Saul gets close. "Any idea what that was? It's out of my realm of expertise."
> Crossing the bridge without incident, Saul joins his friend on the other side. The muddy ground is splattered in small little 2 inch balls and a cobblestone was blasted out of place.
* Saul frowns, trying to think if he remembers anything similar from his studies.
* Elaine waves at the others as they come into view, though she tries not to make noise outside of what they make as they walk towards the others. No need to alert everything within a mile with a yell.
> OOC - Mmm. Make a Spellcraft check at +2, Saul. BRB.
<Saul> roll 1d20+2
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{20}
<Saul> OOC: yaaaay
<SirGavin> OOC: Low good or high good?  I forget with those
<Saul> OOC: Low is good.
<Saul> OOC: I almost critically failed. :D
<Saul> OOC: Which would lead to believe that those blobs are clearly the precursor to a meteor swarm or something. :D
* Seryf watches the balls go, frowning darkly. A silent wave to her recently rejoined companions, before Seryf heads across the drawbridge to join Saul and Gavin.
<Saul> "I don't know anything about them," replies Saul, sounding curious. "I wonder if we triggered it, or if it would have happened regardless."
<SirGavin> OOC: RUUUUN =P
<SirGavin> "Mmm...I doubt it's a warning...it's more visible to those outside than in...perhaps a spell from someone inside?"
> As Elaine approaches with Darius, he nods once ot them and pats the side of Serith as they approach. A creaky drawbridge ahead for them and the elven ranger girl, as the two males of the party debateon the otherside.
<Saul> "Probably," replies Saul, shrugging. "Let's have a look at the source."
* SirGavin glances. "everyone came here? Thought we were just scouting?" he stared increduleously at the whole team.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=11 ]{11}
<Elaine> "We did say we'd join you all once we finished shopping," Elaine replies. "Found anything by the by?"
> Seryf crosses to the other side without incident, only a faint creak of wooden protest.
> Darius is quiet, guiding Serith over the bridge and approaching.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{8}
<Saul> "Black orbs launched themselves into the sky when we got here," replies Saul, quietly.
* SirGavin shakes his head. "I'll take the lead. Let's keep our eyes open. Probably dealing with some kind of magician and who knows what else."
> It's a very plain and old courtyard. Well, there are a few old wooden poles on the left side hitched to the stone wall, as if someone might put a horse there for a moment.  But it's mostly just ruined and forgotten, the squelching of mud undearneath your boots.
* SirGavin leads, taking the way along the edge of the courtyard and staying out of the middle where the balls came out as he heads towards the open doors.
* Saul follows Gavin, intent on checking out the source of the balls.
* SirGavin is keeping his eyes peeled for anything that looks like a prepared trap.
<SirGavin> OOC: As gavin hasn't seen any guards, he's assuming that there's some minor traps in place to deal with unwanted guests at the moment and going slow to try and avoid them.
* Seryf follows along, her hands resting on her sword hilts, and staying aware of her surroundings.
> The doors ahead are cracked open, hints of a stoned floored fortress ahead. To theinnars andthe towers and who knows what else, but hm? As you get closer, you can see something bizzare - a human pair of lips above the doorway, as if someone put a mouth on the stonework! Real red lips, too, notmerely a stone carving.
> OOC - Sure.
* SirGavin blinks, and raises an arm to stop the party, pointing it out to Saul.
<Saul> "Charming," notes Saul. "There's your warning, Gavin."
<Saul> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{17}
<Saul> OOC: Exact pass. Whee
> OOC: It's not any particular sign you know of. You think.
<Saul> "Well, let's take a look," nods Saul, prodding Gavin on. "Think we should knock?"
<SirGavin> "So as soon as we pass that, whoever is inside will know.  Everyone ready for a fight?" Gavin checked quickly before he headed up, nodding and heading in front of the door.
* Saul prods the lips with his staff slightly.
* Elaine pulls out a pair of daggers with a grin. "Yup!"
> As Gavin approaches, speech comes from the mouth! "Hark! Whomever enters this abode risks the ending of their life! Beware! The wrath of one above you shall rain down on the impudent!"
<Seryf> "Have I ever not been?" Seryf jokes tensely, smiling a little.
<SirGavin> "Whom might this be who takes lordship over this castle?"
> After speaking the mouth shimmers into motes of magical light, drifting off and fading into nothingness. Only a faint speck or two of light lingers, the stonework returning to it's unaltered state.
<Saul> "I expected that," notes Saul. "I've heard of that spell.. yes, we're certainly dealing with a wizard."
* SirGavin blinks and glances back at Saul briefly to see if he has anything to add, then nods, opening the door in front and heading in.
* Saul grabs Gavin and pulls him back.
> Holding Serith steady, "Magic?" Darius asks, one hand drifting to the hild of his blade.
* Elaine blinks. "No offense Saul, but you guys invent the -weirdest- things to do with magic..."
<Saul> "Hold on a moment, I want to try something," he says, grabbing a bit of rock. "Think about it. We approach, and a group of magical balls float into the sky. The mouth warns us about 'wrath from above'."
* SirGavin blinks, standing back and nods.
<Seryf> "They're wizards, what else do they have to do with all that time cooped up in towers?" Seryf offers to Elaine, smailing and preparing to head in once Saul's finished.
<Saul> "Let me try this- and I've never been inside a tower in my life," nods Saul, taking a few steps back and flinging the rock through the open door.
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{4}
* Elaine laughs at Seryf's comment and Saul's defensive stance on it.
> The rock is thrown.... and lands inside, a clattering noise! Then...a roar! The roar of a creature, something stirred up inside...as to the eyes of the party, the rock is attacked by a large brown bear! It leaps out, a devastating swipe at the rock that sends it flying!
<SirGavin> "Good call, Saul."  Gavin whistled.
<Saul> "Well. Not quite what I expected," says Saul, taking a step back. "This is, um, your area? Try and lure it through the door. If there's a magical trap, it might only be keyed to the living, or something."
* Seryf smiles a little. "That we can do," Seryf nods, unslinging her longbow. "I'd appreciate it if you were ready to take the charge, Gavin," Seryf adds in, stepping back and knocking a war arrow, waiting for the line of fire to clear.
* SirGavin nods, standing in front and a bit to the side, so while her firing was clear, he was ready to step in the way and be between it and the rest of the party.
> Darius nods, getting his short bow out and hopping off Serith...
> The bear stays where it is this moment, the rock pretty much finished off, it's black eyes looking out without reaction ahead.
<Seryf> Drawing her bow with an ease born of many decades of practice with her kin, Seryf takes aim, and unleashes the arrow at the bear.
<Seryf> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{17}
> As Seryf fires, Darius cocks and arrow andlets it go!
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{19}
<Seryf> roll 1d8+1
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d8+1 --> [ 1d8=3 ]{4}
> roll 1d6
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d6 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{3}
> Two arrows slam into the bear back toback, one into it's left arm and the second into it's broad furred chest! A roar of pain andanger, the bear suddenly starting to charge out as it's blood begins to flow! Rearing up onto it's back legs, the bear lurches forward! OOC - Initiative and declaring actions, I reckon.
<Saul> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=2 ]{2}
<Saul> OOC: Damn. Well, I'm going to try and not be where the bear is. >_>
<Saul> OOC: And I'll fling a sling bullet at it, but only after it's left the inside area.
<SirGavin> roll 1d10-2
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d10-2 --> [ 1d10=5 ]{3}
<Saul> OOC: Act on 8 at earliest, yeah.
> OOC: Okay Saul. I need Gavin's action soon, too.
* SirGavin is going to try and strike it back with a wide swing of my sword, keeping it from getting to the rest of the party.
> OOC - Okay.
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=9 ]{9}
<SirGavin> OOC: I act on an 8.
<SirGavin> OOC: 3 + 5 to be specific.
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=3 ]{3}
<Elaine> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=3 ]{3}
<Seryf> roll 1d10-1
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d10-1 --> [ 1d10=6 ]{5}
* Seryf is going to toss her bow out of the way, and draw both swords.
> Elaine>Bear>Saul=Gavin>Seryf>Darius
> As the bear charges out, Gavin beginning to get into position...
<SirGavin> OOC: even with a 9? o_o woah.  *nods*
> OOC - That was Darius' roll. <_<
<SirGavin> OOC: Oh.  Darn darius~ =P
<Elaine> As the bear approaches, Elaine reacts instinctively, letting loose her pair of daggers, making them fly towards the charging bear.
<SirGavin> OOC: Go for the eyes, Elaine.  Go for the eyes~
<Saul> OOC: YAaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
<Elaine> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{6}
<Elaine> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{6}
> OOC - Those both look like you hit AC 12 or something.
<Elaine> ooc - yeah, pretty much -_-;
> Both daggers are errant as Gavin darts into the way, near the gate as the bear emerges! Seeing an obsticle, a pair of claw swipes come out at the armored knight!
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{5}
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{19}
> OOC - What's your AC, Gavin?
* SirGavin lifts his shield to block. (-1)
> OOC AC is -1? That's a hit. O_O
> roll 1d6
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d6 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{1}
> Swiped at, the bear lunges forward! It'sonly a glancing blow past the armor, a skittering across Gavin's arm, but the bear is too close! With a roar, it grapples into Gavin, pulling him into a crushing bear hug!
> roll 2d6
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
<SirGavin> OOC: Wait...
* Midnight (~danchou@adsl-210-31-238.mco.bellsouth.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
> Pulledintot he bearhug, Gavin's body is crushed and battered! A snapping of something inside of Gavin's ribs, pain flaring up as he's held in that hug!
> (10 damage total to Gavin.)
* SirGavin tries to slip his sword against his shield along the bear's arm blunt side first, and then turn it so that the bear's grip crushing him is also smashing its arm into a sharp blade in hopes of getting it to let him down before he's crushed to death.
> OOC - Mmm. Make an attack roll, I think.
<SirGavin> roll 1d20 for craziness
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d20 for craziness --> [ 1d20=8 ]{8}
<SirGavin> OOC: AC 11 I think?  If that was an attack^^;
> Gavin struggles and squirms, but he can't bring his blade up amid a haze of pain from banged up and crushed ribs! HE does get to squirm a little at least, the bear's grasp not rock harda t the moment.
<Seryf> Steel blades bright in the sun, Seryf moves back into the melee with her usual speed, sharp and pointies going for the bear's vitals!
<Seryf> roll 1d20
<Seryf> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{2}
> OOC - Critical hit, at least.
> OOC - One hit, one miss. Deal damage for the critical.
<Seryf> roll 1d8+1
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d8+1 --> [ 1d8=4 ]{5}
> Swooping forward like an elven gale, SEryf's first blow is a keeper! Her blade goes right into the bear's shoulder, causing Gavin to be let go and dropped! Her sword is jerked back after, hopping back and the second blow never really getting a chance to go! But with that gaping wound in it's shoulder, that's okay!
> Darius motions to Serith as he gets another arrow ready, firing it as Gavin is freed from crushing bondage!
> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{16}
> roll 1d6
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d6 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{6}
> The arrow goes right into it's chest, missing Gavin's falling head by an inch! Instead it buries itself into prime bear real estate, a staggering roar as the vicious beast is wounded again! How is it still up?
* Saul runs forward, hands glowing slightly with magical healing. He quicky administers Gavin, somewhat nervous that he needs to go so close to the hulking bear.
<Elaine> "Jeez, that thing is tough!" Elaine swears as she watches worriedly the knight bleed.
<Saul> roll 1d8
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d8 --> [ 1d8=4 ]{4}
> Respite soothes Gavin's maimed body, his ribs only feeling bruised instead of crushed!
> OOC - Initiative!
<Elaine> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=3 ]{3}
> "Go get 'im, Serith," Darius tersely calls, getting a third arrow ready!
> roll 1d10
<Saul> roll 1d10+4
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d10+4 --> [ 1d10=4 ]{8}
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=4 ]{4}
> roll 1d10
<Misukibot> Dungeon_Ana rolled 1d10 --> [ 1d10=9 ]{9}
<Saul> OOC: I'm going to hit the bear. Y'know.
> OOC - Okay, Saul. Your adjusted initiative is?
<Saul> OOC: 8. I added 4. >_>
<SirGavin> roll 1d10-2
<Misukibot> SirGavin rolled 1d10-2 --> [ 1d10=10 ]{8}
<SirGavin> OOC: My adjusted initiative is sloooow
<SirGavin> OOC: 8 default + 5 if I stab, can i wait to count eight to decide? =)
<Seryf> roll 1d10+4
<Misukibot> Seryf rolled 1d10+4 --> [ 1d10=10 ]{14}
> Elaine>Saul>Bear>Darius/Serith=Gavin>Seryf
* Elaine pulls another pair of daggers out as she moves a distance closer, before aiming them towards the bear and letting them fly, hoping for a hit now that she's closer.
<Elaine> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{9}
<Elaine> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Elaine rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{4}
> No good, both daggers finding empty space and the walls, clattering off!
* Dungeon_Ana sets mode: -o Misukibot
* Dungeon_Ana sets mode: +v Hatbot
* SirGavin moves forward, grunting as he attempts to stab the bear and cut it down across the chest.
* Saul grabs his staff and swings it overhand at the bear, hoping to beat it down!
<Saul> roll 1d20
<Misukibot> Saul rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{16}
* Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20 and gets 10."12 [1d20=10]
* Retrieving #dunes modes...
> OOC - Sec.
* Misukibot (~dunefar@ip24-253-133-211.hr.hr.cox.net) has left #dunes
<SirGavin> OOC: *blinks*
<Elaine> 'Why is my aim so off?!?' she thinks in shame and worry.
> OOC - Just reroll, Saul. +q overrides +m.
<Saul> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20 and gets 3."12 [1d20=3]
> But SAul's quarterstaff beatdown hoedown fails! A total miss, coming closer to Seryf than the wounded hunter! Roaring and staggering, the bear drags it's bulk to Seryf and strikes!
> roll 1d20
> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Ana rolls 1d20 and gets 11."12 [1d20=11]
* Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Ana rolls 1d20 and gets 17."12 [1d20=17]
> roll 1d6
> roll 1d6
* Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 1."12 [1d6=1]
* Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 3."12 [1d6=3]
> A pair of claws dance across, one a graze across Seryf's throat for a tiny bit of blood, and the second, a gouging into her thigh! (4 damage total.)
> OOC - Go gavin, while I BRB for a second.
* SirGavin brings his sword into the beast, seeking to drive it back and down as he stabs.
<SirGavin> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20 and gets 17."12 [1d20=17]
<SirGavin> OOC: Hits... AC 2 I think?
<Saul> OOC: HE said it hit.
<SirGavin> roll 2d4+2 damage
* Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 2d4+2 damage and gets 6."12 [2d4=1, 3]
* SirGavin strikes down its chest in a bloody blow.
> Another gash down it's brown and furred chest, matted blood taking place of healthy skin! Yet another blow and the bear rocks, yet it's still up even after wouding SEryf and taking another blow from GAvin! As this happens, as Seryf is knocked back...a storm of tiger lunging at the bear!
> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Ana rolls 1d20 and gets 8."12 [1d20=8]
> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Ana rolls 1d20 and gets 7."12 [1d20=7]
> It's a good effort, but the tiger hits only air, going past the bear and landing in the gateway the bear guarded! MEanwhile Darius knocks his bow, an arrow coming!
> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Ana rolls 1d20 and gets 6."12 [1d20=6]
> But this one misses the bear and bounces off the wall. Damn!
<Seryf> Snarling in a fashion like the animals she runs with, Seryf bounds back into the melee even bloodied, steel flashing in arcs for her enemy.
<Seryf> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 4."12 [1d20=4]
<Seryf> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 13."12 [1d20=13]
<Seryf> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 11."12 [1d20=11]
<Seryf> roll 1d8+1
* Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d8+1 and gets 5."12 [1d8=4]
> Another swipe, taking a liberal chunk of bear out of it's side! This time you hit home, the bear crying out then falling on it's back, thrashing weakly!
<Seryf> Breathing heavily more from pain and a bit of bloodloss than exertion, Seryf moves closer, swiping her blades across its throat in a scissor motion to end the animal's suffering as quickly as possible.
<Saul> "How badly hurt are you two?" asks Saul, quickly glancing over Seryf and Gavin's wounds.
> A final motion silences the bear forever, Seryf's last mercy a success.
> "Got the bastard!" Darius grins a moment before putting away his bow, drawing oneo f his blades and heading over.
<SirGavin> "A bit battered, but I'll live." Gavin checked himself over, making sure nothing was broken.
<Saul> "Do you feel up to proceeding?"
> Gavin - nothing broken, but your ribs hurt like a motherhumper.  Must be bruised, you'd think.
<Seryf> Cleaning her swords in mechanical motions before sheathing them, gingerly touching at the cuts. "This one on my neck...not too bad, missed anything important, my leg isn't feeling all too friendly, and likely won't feel any better, though.
> Serith looks to the bear, but decides better as she goes to Seryf's side. Large cat's eyeslook up to the wounded elf...
* SirGavin checks his sword and gets up. "Yeah. Well...I think that was the trap to keep folks out at least...Shall we make our way onward?"
* SirGavin if no one seems negative, turns to lead the way on, his shield readied.
<Saul> "If you wish. I believe we should avoid further fights for the day, though," notes Saul.
* Seryf smiles shakily and apts Serith, scratching her ears. "It might be better to rest up, yes...get some early sleep and come out at night?"
<Elaine> "Are you sure we should go on? You and Seryf did take some harsh hits, and we don't know there won't be more bears..." Elaine says with worry, agreeing with the others.
<SirGavin> "Well...we could, but we'd have to be prepared for more when we return.  Whoever is here knows we came and would know the bear is dead."
* SirGavin is clearly wavering a bit on it, worried about leaving the obviously hostile enemy alone to plan.
<Saul> "He may not know we are here," notes Saul. "It may be wise to scout ahead, regardless."
<Seryf> "At least we know it's hostile in there, now," Seryf shrugs, a little, humming. "We could, I'm just wary of going at wizards still bleeding and bruised."
<SirGavin> "Let's take a bit to patch ourselves up and we can go."
* Saul gets out the bandage kit, and starts tending to Seryf and Gavin, tsking as he does so.
<Saul> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20 and gets 12."12 [1d20=12]
<Saul> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20 and gets 12."12 [1d20=12]
* SirGavin sits patiently, his armor moved off so Saul can work.
<Saul> roll 1d3 for gavin
* Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d3 for gavin and gets 2."12 [1d3=2]
<Saul> roll 1d3 for seryf
* Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d3 for seryf and gets 2."12 [1d3=2]
* Seryf sits, taking enough weight off her leg to safely remove some of the armor and have it field bandaged.
> Darius settles back with Seryf, gathering missed arrows and daggers. "Elaine," he calls, waving one of the recovered and missed projectiles.
* SirGavin slips back on his armor after Saul is done. "Thanks, Saul."
<Saul> "All done. You're not badly hurt, really," says Saul, to both. "Mmm. We should probably press on, I think."
<Elaine> "Thanks, Darius," Elaine replies as she grabs her daggers from Darius.
> As Saul finishes and the group gets ready - another burping of the ground! From the center of the court yard comes a few more multicolored balls of light, black and red and green all surging out and into thesky!
* Saul glances after the balls, worriedly. "I really want to find out what that stuff is as soon as possible, too," he notes.
<SirGavin> "You and me both."  Gavin lead into the fortress, his eyes wide open for traps as he kept a slow pace.
> So lined up, the party heads into the castle! A grand front room - old tapestries hang, molded and forgotten. A long hall with two branching halls in the middle, going ot the left and the right. At the far end is a throne, stone with a rotting cusion or somesuch on it. A highbacked throne, a small door to it's ide on the farthest wall. It's quiet here, the scent of water and stony musk predominate.
* Saul moves to the throne, and checks it out- lifting up and checking inside the cushion as well.
> OOC - 1d20, Saul. I'll call it a Wis check +1.
<Saul> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20 and gets 13."12 [1d20=13]
<Saul> OOC: Pass.
* SirGavin is scanning the room while Saul checks, heading near the doors and listening for activity.
* Seryf keeps her eye4s open, glancing at the tapestries, but otherwise just trying to remain aware of the entrances, so there aren't any surprises.
> There's a little hook switch on the side of the throne, Saul notes.
> Gavin doesn't hear anything of note.
* Saul flips the switch, as you do.
> They're old battles - histories of this and that.
> There is a flip, and the door to the side of the throne groans! Old metal and wood shifts, a door opening! A strong gust of stale air, stale air that makes Saul's nose twitch.
* SirGavin blinks. "Find something, Saul?"
<Elaine> "Finding secret lairs already? Good job, Saul!" Elaine says, getting some of her spirit back after her disastrous performance at the fight.
* Saul nods in agreement with Elaine. It *was* a good job. "Let's look down this way, first."
> The room ahead is dark. Only the light from a few cracks in the roof lets light into this room - you can vaguely see some shapes inside of the door but that's it.
<Saul> "Someone throw a torch in there," says Saul, squinting to see if any of the shapes are humanoid.
* Seryf removes one of the fiery sticks from her backpack, a striker coming from her pocket to light it, and then roll the torch in, hopefully not setting anything flammable off.
> OOC - Infra vision, but there's enough light here to muddy it. You think they aren't moving...one kinda looks ilke a chair.
> Rolling it in, light bounces crazily! A chair, a table and some other things beyond the door. Looks like some sort of small antechamber or private room or detention room, perhaps?
* Saul walks inside the room to search it properly.
> AS his friends linger, Saul finds a small little room. It'snot big at all - an old wooden chair against the side wall, old metal chains dangling at eithe rside of it from the wall. A table with a rusty splatter on it and a closed wooden box on the floor. Not much of note except the sealed box.
* Saul tries to open the box.
* Elaine joins Saul inside the room after seeing him go inside, and takes a look around herself as Saul inspects a box.
> The top is only loosely on. Inside... afew rusted things - a tiny metal poker,a pair of rusted metal tweezers, a single golden coin with a filed down edge, stained rusty red.
* Usagi (eb@user-4626.lns1-c10.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #dunes
* ChanServ sets mode: +oa Usagi Usagi
* Saul pockets the stuff, then picks up the torch and heads back out, shaking his head. "Nothing much of note in there, just a coin and a couple of tools," he says.
<Elaine> "Well, the room was hidden, so shouldn't we check that there isn't something else hidden before we leave?" Elaine comments as she quickly follows after Saul, lest she's left in the dark.
* Saul is now known as Carthrat-Abruptly-Sleeps
<Elaine> "There might be another hidden door or something," Elaine adds in.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?