News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Frizbee of ultimate is reasonably okay exercise.  And somewhat fun.  Wussy body even agrees.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

Been going through the other pages on this site than I usually go to. Remember that Numenera campaign I tried to start? Good times...
Of course, That was during summer school when I was just looking for a way to procrastinate.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

Procrastinate harder.  Yeah.  It's been a lot of games over the years, with many of them being like that, short/almost dead starts, balanced by really long running ones.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Bug someone to join a game? >_>
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Pretty much. The ones that run short are common, but the ones that don't tend to be long runners. It's sort of like a new TV show - it either implodes before start, goes a bit and fizzles or becomes a long runner.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Balmuria's six years old this year! It's on its fifth season. Or incarnation. Or spin-off. Depends on who you ask.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

It's on Season 3 of the 3rd series. Or season 6, if you don't consider the 3rd series spin-off to be a separate entity.

Balmuria TOS ran for 3 seasons.

Balmuria 2: Urban Adventures ran for just 1 season. Negative ratings and a cast change midway through killed it, as the director tried to change genres.

Balmuria 3: Planar Suikoden is ongoing, after some speed bumps, and is on its third season. The first two seasons did alright, but a casting dispute with one of the actors seeking to escape getting typecasted into their most famous role killed it. However, it did well enough to create a spin-off series that went on to last three seasons before returning actors and fan outcry resulted in the original series returning, and getting two new cast members to join in!

(Also, I guess that makes Iddy the Cordelia to Yuth's Angel)

Balmuria 4 and 5 were both experiments and both didn't make it past 1 season.

So I guess you could say there have been 5 series, with a combined 10 seasons.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Rukatin

I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Merc

Quote from: Rukatin on August 12, 2016, 12:03:56 AM
What is Balmuria anyway?

Common world/universe/setting for a series of D&D games that Anastasia (Dune) has been running for a couple of years.

Rukatin

Quote from: Merc on August 12, 2016, 12:19:19 AM
What is Balmuria anyway?

Common world/universe/setting for a series of D&D games that Anastasia (Dune) has been running for a couple of years.
Okay, what's it about? What did you mean by 'cast changes'?

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on August 11, 2016, 10:38:05 PM
It's on Season 3 of the 3rd series. Or season 6, if you don't consider the 3rd series spin-off to be a separate entity.

Balmuria TOS ran for 3 seasons.

Balmuria 2: Urban Adventures ran for just 1 season. Negative ratings and a cast change midway through killed it, as the director tried to change genres.

Balmuria 3: Planar Suikoden is ongoing, after some speed bumps, and is on its third season. The first two seasons did alright, but a casting dispute with one of the actors seeking to escape getting typecasted into their most famous role killed it. However, it did well enough to create a spin-off series that went on to last three seasons before returning actors and fan outcry resulted in the original series returning, and getting two new cast members to join in!

(Also, I guess that makes Iddy the Cordelia to Yuth's Angel)

Balmuria 4 and 5 were both experiments and both didn't make it past 1 season.

So I guess you could say there have been 5 series, with a combined 10 seasons.

Ahahahahhahaha.

By the way, B4 will be reused at some point. I'll have a hankering to run a grinding death dungeon sooner or later. B5's still going with weekly sessions.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on August 12, 2016, 12:35:26 AM
Quote from: Merc on August 12, 2016, 12:19:19 AM
What is Balmuria anyway?

Okay, what's it about? What did you mean by 'cast changes'?

Players leaving and joining. He's being awfully glib about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on August 12, 2016, 02:32:17 AM
Players leaving and joining. He's being awfully glib about it.

'Awfully'? Nooooo waaaaaay... >_>

Iron Dragoon

What the hell is a Cordelia?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Merc

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 13, 2016, 09:29:01 PM
What the hell is a Cordelia?

Reference to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series and the spin-off series Angel. Cordelia was one of the side characters in Buffy, became a main character in Angel, got corrupted by evil while Angel got tossed into a coffin.

Lief was a side character in the main game that became a main character when you joined the CODA and then became an evil possessed zombie while Muirfinn got turned into a lawn ornament.