News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

In two and a half months, I have memorized the 1006 essential kanji taught in Japanese grade school.

I estimate that from my average translation speed of fifteen manga pages an hour, this should shave off three minutes. Rounding up.

Dracos

Quote from: Merc on March 15, 2017, 08:41:10 PM
Just reached 5 years at my workplace. Work still sucks, clients still suck, and I feel like I'm getting an ulcer or the sort.

But on the other hand, got a raise that was about twice the average that others have been getting (and various people haven't even gotten one), I'll start getting an extra week of vacation per year, and got the 5 year package from which I'll have to pick out some goodie. So yay for that, I suppose.

Way to go.

I shipped Final Fantasy 15 spinoff game while playing final fantasy 15.  Wonder if it will make a few hundred mill.  Probably.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

It was a nice weekend.

I taught myself how to use calibre and fanficfare...which makes getting fanfics for travel reading pretty convenient.  It definitely trumps my previous app that just handled ff.net.  Played a bunch of ffxv which had a pretty weak story, even if it had many nice worldmap bits.
Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

Kaldrak

Having gotten sick over and over again within the span of the last sixth months several times for reasons which I can't quite figure out, I'm really appreciative of the fact that I have health insurance which covers all of these doctor visits and medication that I keep needing.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Rukatin

Figured out what was wrong with my car today! One of the wheel alignment sockets was busted, but that was pretty obvious, but I'm also low on brake fluid and one of my half-shafts is loose/broken. Turns out parts are (relatively) cheap, its labor that's expensive.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Finally got some meds for my back, including a muscle relaxer. Took that and slept over 13 hours.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Good to hear, Ko. Hope that helps with the sleeping on the long run.

On my end for appreciations... spotted Zeph logging onto Hearthstone after god knows how long without seeing him around. Chatted for a bit, answered some questions he had about the game after we'd caught up, found out he'd gotten the hunter legendary quest, he tried his hand at making a deck, watched him play for a while, challenged him to a match.

It went about how you'd expect if you're familiar with the hunter and paladin quests: Dirty Rat pulled Carnassa > Wild Pyromancer > Equality, then next turn Forbidden Healing for 14 health.

Sorry Zeph! I'm a terrible friend sometimes...but you knew this already.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Merc on May 02, 2017, 11:46:43 PM
Good to hear, Ko. Hope that helps with the sleeping on the long run.

On my end for appreciations... spotted Zeph logging onto Hearthstone after god knows how long without seeing him around. Chatted for a bit, answered some questions he had about the game after we'd caught up, found out he'd gotten the hunter legendary quest, he tried his hand at making a deck, watched him play for a while, challenged him to a match.

It went about how you'd expect if you're familiar with the hunter and paladin quests: Dirty Rat pulled Carnassa > Wild Pyromancer > Equality, then next turn Forbidden Healing for 14 health.

Sorry Zeph! I'm a terrible friend sometimes...but you knew this already.
Merc why are we not Blizzard friends
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

I dunno! I'll send you a friend invite when I get home.

Merc

So assuming you're the DarthSquidd that's friends with Cymage, Musicchan and Iddy, then friend request has been sent!

And boy I'll be surprised if that ISN'T you!

Dracos

DarthSquidd, the squiddiest!

Today I woke up and I did not feel like death warmed over.  I know, but it's been a few days of that shit.  I got up, I took on za world and got 40ish people onto new software and workflows.  33 days from from first line of code to like 80 folks running and relying on it.  Ten pages of bug reports squashed during the trial rollouts.  We don't get no 'tools qa' or any fancy niceness like that for all that would be nice.  PM helped organize a bit and we just went.  Even with those guys who, instead of raising a support issue or asking my team, decided to help out by disabling it for users who had trouble because I was fourty feet away doing another row of engineers instead of waving me back over. 
Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

I need to add you guys to Hearthstone...

Anastasia

Popcorn chicken continues to be amazing.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Held great team outing.  Now to do group outings.  Whee.
Well, Goodbye.