News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Quote from: Ranma_007 on September 08, 2017, 12:05:17 AM
Got to show Yuth a sweet combo in Hearthstone. Raza the Unchained + Shadowreaper Anduin + lots of little spells for 8-10 points of damage per round.
I've been destroyed by this combo no less than eight times in the last two days.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 08, 2017, 01:14:17 PM
Also slept for around 11 hours, I feel great.
Sleep is important for eye health.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

My father has cancelled his trip to Arizona, and will not be coming to my brother's wedding.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Merc

Quote from: Merc on September 13, 2017, 12:56:07 AM
I worked 9 hour days on Saturday/Sunday because of project crunch time, put in a 30 hour overtime request yesterday for the week because I was fully expecting to work on friday as well.

Overtime request was rejected. I warn them that I already have 18 hours, almost half of my 40 hours complete and there's shit ton to do.

Management: "Do not work overtime."

Okay! I stayed until 10:30pm in the office today, because fuck if I'm going to spend 2+ hours driving to work just 2 hours tomorrow. I completed my 40 hours and I'm not going into the office until monday.

If something blows up...well, I stuck a very clear message on my computer screen stating that my OT was rejected, that I completed my 40 hours, and that if they need to talk to a process engineer they can talk to my coworkers.

I did send an email with my cellphone to coworkers because fuck, it's not their fault management is garbage, but I don't plan to be in the office again until Monday. I'm going to despise my email inbox come monday, but I guess I got a five day weekend ahead of me.

Bullshit aside, I guess I have a five day weekend ahead of me. So that's the bright side in all that.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

Got offered a job, director level, ~192k...

And turned it down. Money isn't everything. And damn, feels good to know that if I had to work myself to the bone and get one of those jobs, that I could.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Wow, congratulations anyway, that is impressive.
<Afina> Forever.

Arakawa

100% of your life for N dollars is an infinitely worse bargain than 50% of your life for N/2 dollars.

In other news, resume requested earlier than expected, triggering a day of frantic resume bikeshedding on my end as I realize I need to present myself for that job way way differently. Not sure if this goes in bitching or appreciations? Filing under appreciations that I have people to bikeshed my resume with.

Also, holy crap I've worked on a lot of cool sounding side projects that went absolutely nowhere >_>;;
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Promotion days are best days.

Even if it isn't to Director.  I get my titles eventually.  *hunts for god-king* :P
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Dracos on October 12, 2017, 12:40:23 AM*hunts for god-king* :P

You can't have my title! :P

Congrats on the promotion, though.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

thepanda

Got my first weekend off in a while.

Just watched Train to Busan on netflix. Easily the best zombie movie I've seen in a while. The plot is fairly cookie cutter, but the way the story is told is engaging. I can't recall ever tearing up during a zombie movie before. Highly recommended.

Anastasia

Quote from: thepanda on October 15, 2017, 03:10:18 PM
Got my first weekend off in a while.

Just watched Train to Busan on netflix. Easily the best zombie movie I've seen in a while. The plot is fairly cookie cutter, but the way the story is told is engaging. I can't recall ever tearing up during a zombie movie before. Highly recommended.

Oh hey. What job are you in now that requires working weekends? Is it still retail?
<Afina> Forever.