News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

Appliance repair, with some heating and air on the side. I'm back in school for the heating and air, actually. Doing the appliance course also took care of most of what I need for the hvac license.

Arakawa

Job acquired (same BigCo I left previously, but a much more interesting team). Start date in February. Lots of things to wrap up before then.

My grad school supervisor is going to be super mad I'm leaving, but that's ok.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Quote from: thepanda on October 16, 2017, 03:37:32 PM
Appliance repair, with some heating and air on the side. I'm back in school for the heating and air, actually. Doing the appliance course also took care of most of what I need for the hvac license.

Go Panda =D  Solid living is living :)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: thepanda on October 16, 2017, 03:37:32 PM

Awesome, glad to hear it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Arakawa on October 17, 2017, 09:10:44 PM
Job acquired (same BigCo I left previously, but a much more interesting team). Start date in February. Lots of things to wrap up before then.

My grad school supervisor is going to be super mad I'm leaving, but that's ok.

Congratulations, glad you finally got that. G'luck with the last sorting outs there, sounds 'fun'.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Resounding cheers all day on my promotion.  It is nice to be appreciated.
Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

Merc

They made me (and most people in office)  take a "Stress Evaluation" course and a quick survey of how we feel. This on a day I'm working OT because of the most goddamn stressful project of my career.

I dunno, not the sort of thing that may count as an appreciation but it made me laugh and cry.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

thepanda

Quote from: Dracos on October 20, 2017, 01:05:44 AM
Resounding cheers all day on my promotion.  It is nice to be appreciated.
Congrats!

Dracos

Poor merc :(  Hahah.  That's kinda crazy.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Super Mario Odyssey has been EXTREMELY fun and a very welcome distraction from work stuff. Its been ages since I've played a game and just lost track of time.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

For all I'm annoyed over the extension brouhaha, the new Firefox is much faster.
<Afina> Forever.

Arakawa

Released from jury duty after just half a day. Given that Ontario jury panels can reportedly have you sit there the entire week waiting for a case, this is Very Lucky.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Congrats Arakawa.

Had a good pathfinder adventure game tonight.  Actually took damage, which is so rare since I am playing the heal-tank.
Well, Goodbye.