"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

The "What Are You Playing Today" Thread

Started by Dracos, December 29, 2005, 01:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

DQ9 is it awesome?

How awesome?

So awesome...  Money is a bit hard to gather though with a goal of getting 'everything'.  Getting 4 classes suited up isn't too bad though.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Today I have acquired sage and erdrick's sword.  My characters ought deserve it, being around level 200ish.

I wonder if the slowy slow Dracos is the first to reach the final boss though.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I've beaten the game.  My characters are somewhere around level 400.  I have not started grottos proper.  I'm probably gonna stop playing fairly soon as people whispering in my ear about all the cool shit I'm missing by not being online is really starting to drag ("Hey, that rare item you've been trying to get?  They've been selling it non-stop this week on the online store for peanuts!")

Mmm, Another M.  Tempting.
Well, Goodbye.

Ragnar

I'm really the last person to be a purist about this sort of thing, but please tell me the game calls him Roto or Loto instead of Erdrick.
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Jon

I am finding new and exciting ways to save the galaxy from the Collector threat. Yes, I'm on my third playthrough of Mass Effect 2.

Dracos

Are you still using Sniper?

I'm told there are other guns in the game.

But I never put down the sniper rifle ever.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Quote from: Dracos on August 23, 2010, 03:52:20 PM
Are you still using Sniper?

I'm told there are other guns in the game.

But I never put down the sniper rifle ever.

My Infiltrator makes good use of sniper rifles and Dominate. Vanguard is shotgun city.

Dracos

Last night I beat my first legacy boss.

Then I did it again ten times.

Then I decided I should let him steal the xp and level up.

And did that ten times.

Then I bought pixie boots with the 20 medals I won.  Cool.  And he was level 10.

Save for now I know that it takes 99 victories for each legacy boss to migrate them from 'moderate' to 'super evil god of doom', and there's no shortcuts or switches back and forth.  And that takes the wind out of my sails.  Sure I can wipe Baramos in quick yet dangerous 3-5 round fights.  But I don't want to do 1500 boss fights to have all of them at their uber states (and yes, I know they are ungodly hard at that point, but still, it would normally be on the agenda).  That's really not intriguing.  Maybe I can hack it away.

Anyhow, guess I'll go grotto hunting a bit and get something deeper than level 11.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I took a break for ME2 - Run 2.  My God Cannon sniper rifle rings out once per enemy and the bodies fall.  I've just finished Moradin last night.  Odds are I'll go do Zaeed and Garrus and talk with what's his name.   ANDERSON.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Moradin is the dwarven god in D&D. Morden is the Shadow ambassador in Babylon 5. Mordin is the super salarian scientist in Mass Effect 2.

Names are hard.

I'm on my third run (Dudeshep, infiltrator, jack romance). I'm gonna try an insanity run next.

Dracos

Secret of Mana.  Yes, probably my ninth run.

I just got flammie and well, there be problems suddenly with the emulator+rom.  Trying to figure out how to make it sensibly proceed.
Well, Goodbye.

Ragnar

Quote from: Dracos on August 22, 2010, 07:45:33 PM
It's Erdrick all the way.

But why? The only game to use that was the original NES version of "Dragon Warrior". In the gameboy remake port, they use "Loto"! *Silent sobbing*

In other news, been playing MINECRAFT.
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

Dracos

I've yet to start Minecraft.

Playing KH:BbS.  I'm on Aqua's story at the moment.  Going to likely do Lara Croft afterwards and then prolly minecraft.
Well, Goodbye.

Yulia

Hey listen! I've been playing Lufia 2 in preparation for Lufia DS and it's a lot of fun! There's this one red-haired guy, he's the main hero! He's really brave and handsome and like Master but better with a sword and tougher! He can do it all! What I want to know is how come Maxim can fight and use magic but Master can?! Did someone neglect his training? Can we find some way to help this? Why can't Master cast healing magic, either? It's not fair!

Then there's Tia, this traveling fighter-girl who can cast magic too! She's like Mari if Mari could use magic! It's obvious she's totally into Maxim just like Mari is into Master, too! She sort of looks like Mari when Mari wears that cool ice dress too! Say, did all of you slack off in your magic? Almost everyone in this game can cast it! I'm not very far in but I'll let you know how it goes!