News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

The "What Are You Playing Today" Thread

Started by Dracos, December 29, 2005, 01:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

Quote from: Dracos on July 12, 2011, 08:12:04 PM
Go play Muramasa.

That's on top of the wii pile. I'm still working on the ps2 pile.

Dracos

Been continuing to BvS obsessively.

In the meanwhile I've been switching between DQ6 replay and Valkyria Chronicles replay. 

Just picked up Deus Ex 3 though, so hopefully that should be cool.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

SMT: Devil Survivor.

"I'm Yuzu's boyfriend!"

CLASSIC.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Quote from: Brian on August 24, 2011, 03:44:23 PM
SMT: Devil Survivor.

"I'm Yuzu's boyfriend!"

CLASSIC.

Man, now I want to go back and continue that game.  I only got like half the endings!

Only bad part about the NG+ is it gets really hard to end this one mission correctly (Let weak N-PC deal final blow to strong enemy).  "Sure... *hits enemy once, killing it*" "Uh..." "You win!  But he'll come back some day and murder that other character, continuing his reign of terror."

Have you gotten Simon Belmont?

Cuz having Simon Belmont as a monster is pretty awesome.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Sorry, too busy powerleveling and cackling with glee.

Also fusing demons without much regard for their rarity.  Let's see ... kobold+pixie was pretty decent.  No other especially great demons yet.

'Skill cracking' is a pretty awesome idea.  Been picking up stuff that way all kinds.

Have yet to run into that issue with the weak NPC ... hopefully there's some good strategies for that online. >.>

~exploding tag~

Dracos

There are, and it's not an issue on playthrough 1.  It requires post-game power levels to become a problem.  Basically, if you are badass enough that you can look at gods and slay them with awesome...well, Not Killing things becomes challenging.

I suggest avoiding Rarity below 3 unless it's just to get their move for a later fusion.  It's pretty easy to go ahead and get high rarity monsters.  Fuse to awesome! :3
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Do they ever get random positive attributes?  I've seen a lot of demons with useless stuff like 'clumsy' or 'chipped claw' or whatever.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Oh totally.  They can get bonus stat points and special moves.  Or just start off with all their moves mastered, ready to fuse right away.

The higher your 'rank' from buying them, the more likely that is.  Though its never one hundred percent.

It reloads available monsters every time you do a Fight OR restart the game.  Sometimes I would reload a few times when I was hunting for a certain good monster to make a fusion (since leveling monsters takes a good deal of time).
Well, Goodbye.

Jason_Miao

The Plan: To be productive, today
What happened: Wasted the entire day playing, then beating, Aliens: The Roguelike

-- AliensRL 0.8 Post Mortem ------------------------------------------

Name     : Ellen Ripley
  Class    : Scout
  Rank     : Veteran
  Result   : killed the queen and escaped
  Score    : 23138

Total experience  : 15940
  Experience left   : 900
  Game length       : 29484 turns

Security keycards : 21
  Military keys     : 6

Armor   : Power armor [4]
  Sidearm : M4A3 pistol (12/12)
  Primary : M41A pulse rifle (99/99)
  Heavy   : M56 smartgun (50/50)
  Medpacks: 5

-- Graveyard ---------------------------------------------------------

###.###############..#....|.......#...
  ......#..°...#....#..#...þ#..Ü....#°..
  .===..#......#....|..#þ...#.....a°#.°.
  .===..#°.Ü...#°...#..#....#°......####
  .===..#......#....#..#.þ..#.......#..°
  ......|..Ü...#....#..#######-######°..
  ##-####......|....#..#...°.....a..#...
  .....a#..Ü..%#°...#..#............/...
  ......#......#....#..#°.Ü..Ü..Ü...#.a.
  ......#..Ü...#....#..#............#...
  ......#°.....#°...#..#......a.....#°..
  ......#......#.°..#X.#........°...#...
  ###################  #################

-- Skills ------------------------------------------------------------

Sidearms      : master
  Light weapons : advanced
  Heavy weapons : basic
  Technical     : untrained
  Medicine      : basic
  Fitness       : expert
  Perception    : untrained

-- Ammunition --------------------------------------------------------

9mm ammo      : 286/400
  .44 ammo      : 150/150
  M309 ammo     : 385/500
  M250 ammo     : 440/500
  60mm gren.    : 40/40
  12g. shells   : 200/200
  frag grenade  : 5/3
  inc grenade   : 3/3
  krak grenade  : 6/3

-- Kills (1307) ------------------------------------------------------

323 juveniles
  253 warriors
  53 elites
  17 praetorians
  142 scavengers
  355 hunters
  14 stalkers
  105 drones
  40 workers
  4 overseers
  1 queen

[ending messages not included, since it could be somewhat of a spoiler]

Jon

I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus! In HD! I got the PS3 HD rerelease of Ico and SotC. It's the same great games, but they've been polished up; the textures are improved, the frame rate is much better, and so on.

Amazon's even doing a sale on it today. If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to pick this up.

Dracos

heh.  I never really finished Shadow of the Colossus.

Doing another run of FF4 and Mother 3 at the moment.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Really?  Actually ... yeah.  I enjoyed SotC a lot.

While it was fun, and really actually an 'artistic' game (as much as we get those), it wasn't quite compelling enough to me to do the three+ playthroughs you need to unlock the 'and now you can play through with readable subtitles!' aspect.

I enjoyed it and in fact suggest the game to others, even though I only played through once.

I should pick up Ico, though I suspect I'm going to run into the 'don't want to beat x times to get moon-language -> English feature.'

And I'm not attacking that angle or saying it's bad -- just saying it doesn't do anything for me.

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Did you know there is a novelization of Ico? And It is translated into English? I just saw the book at B&N today.

Dracos

Quote from: Brian on September 30, 2011, 04:44:24 PM
Really?  Actually ... yeah.  I enjoyed SotC a lot.

While it was fun, and really actually an 'artistic' game (as much as we get those), it wasn't quite compelling enough to me to do the three+ playthroughs you need to unlock the 'and now you can play through with readable subtitles!' aspect.

I enjoyed it and in fact suggest the game to others, even though I only played through once.

I should pick up Ico, though I suspect I'm going to run into the 'don't want to beat x times to get moon-language -> English feature.'

And I'm not attacking that angle or saying it's bad -- just saying it doesn't do anything for me.

I enjoyed it, I just sort of got distracted at some point from it and just didn't feel the draw to go back.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Quote from: Brian on September 30, 2011, 04:44:24 PM

That's really more of an easter-egg; the point is there's a girl, and you can't really communicate with her, but you need to keep her safe and find a path you can both use.

You should pick up the Ico/SotC HD remake while it's on sale!

Quote from: thepanda on September 30, 2011, 06:04:40 PM
Did you know there is a novelization of Ico? And It is translated into English? I just saw the book at B&N today.

I did! I gave it four stars. It's translated by Alexander O. Smith, the same guy who did the Final Fantasy XII translation.