News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Session 4-3d! Seryf and her extroverted introspection!

Started by Asrana, January 03, 2006, 10:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asrana

[13:19] <Kotono> So Seryf picks it up! A struggle unfolds in her eyes - her friends with another, a strange knight! Into a cave and finding a battle! A desperate battle so far, and oh no! The knight's sword slips out, running through Elaine's shoulder!
[13:21] <Kotono> Serith is besides you, cautiously watching as she stops, cocking her feline head, posture tense a moment before relaxing visibly.
[13:25] * Midnight (danchou@dialup-4.234.45.152.Dial1.Miami1.Level3.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[13:33] * Seryf winces sharply, worry and sympathy for her half-elven friend clear on her face as she watches the battle, hoping they can recover from that...
[13:34] <Kotono> It's a horrid wound, blood coming far too freely from it! It's a miracle the blade didn't pierce her heart or lung, but the battle continues! The troll is far too strong for them, healing faster than they can damage it! Further, Sturm manages to toss his sword the other way again! But as this happens, Elaine goes to the side, grabbing the magical sword that enthralled the troll!
[13:40] <Seryf> "...An incompetent?" Seryf muses to herself as she watches Sturm throw his sword yet again. But watch on she does, hoping Elaine can turn the tide of the battle of attrition with whatever that sword is!
[13:42] <Kotono> The moment she grasps it, you are treated to a sight - of seeing a strange light around Elaine, yet it turns red and Elaine is unhurt, something you infer automatically and easily. Spinning with the sword, it's enough to keep the troll off balance, and soon it falls! Y ou feel malice from the sword even as they sear it and leave, but Gavin's swordwork is too much for the troll, and Elaine's will utterly batters down the magical artifact!
[13:47] <Seryf> "Hmm..." Frowning a little at the sword, but Elaine seems to have it under control... Seryf lets them go, putting down the leaf and patting Serith. "Everyone's fine," she tells the cat, standing up. "And I suppose now comes my challenge?" she asks no one in particular, assuming Corela will hear.
[13:48] <Kotono> There is another path now behind this crystal, the troll's body broken and burnt, fading away. "Come, seeker...come. Your friends are restinga nd have done well thus far. Come."
[13:50] <Seryf> "As mysterious as to be expected of any spirit," Seryf muses wryly, stepping past the crystal and continuing forward, hands on her blades.
[13:51] * Sailor_Jupiter is now known as Makoto
[13:52] <Kotono> Another path, wooden and lined with little bits of light. Pleasant, really, elven to the core and peaceful. As you go, Serith's attention seems distracted, but she seems strangely relaxed now. On you walk...OOC - Make a save vs spell, -1.
[13:54] <Seryf> roll d20
[13:54] <Rei-chan> 12,0Seryf rolled :12,0 d20 --> 12,0 9
[13:55] <Kotono> roll 1d20-1
[13:55] <Rei-chan> 12,0Kotono rolled :12,0 1d20-1 --> 12,0 1
[13:56] <Kotono> On the two of you go. You fall into a walking lull that passes in a moment, but you're awakre you've walked awhile. Your legs hurt and you're not in the same place as before! Instead - a great room is ahead of you! A high room, reaching higher than you can imagine! All wood as if the inside of a tree trunk was hollowed out for this, a circular room with a great metal dais ahead with a good story of sor of steps leading to the top! Atop it
[13:58] <Kotono> Atop it is a pedestool, a sword sticking out of it and glowing with a soft yellow fire. Past that is a huge crystal quartz reaching as tall as many towers, a gigantic troll encased inside! Undamaged and frozen in midroar, it towers over you and Serith!
[14:02] * Seryf walks closer to the dais, beginning up the steps. "Am I to take the sword and slay this troll, then?" Seryf asks, looking upwards.
[14:04] <Kotono> As you begin, you are gently pushed back, a rippling of yellow-green in the air. It doesn't hurt in the least, only keeping you back. "If you wish, you may proceed over the body of the last troll, the one that is sealed directly by my sword and gauntlet. Tell me, Ascendant - are you willing to face this alone, with only Serith at your side?"
[14:06] * Seryf smiles a little. "Challenges are challenges. While I would wish to know more about being the Ascendant to be sure that I am fit...as I have come this far, I can hardly make the pains of my companions pointless. I also might wish that my friends were with me, but if I must face it alone or face it not, I would face it alone."
[14:11] <Kotono> "...very well spoken. Very well spoken indeed." This time, there is a rush, and ahead of you, walking down the dais and past the barrier without a problem is a ghost. A colorful ghost, coming to you - a beautiful elven woman, hair blonde as the sun's rays, her eyes lovely and ensnaring. Beautiful mythril chain is worn as she comes to you, "I shall tell you of whatever you ask, Ascendant. I am glad you did not want to rush on solely for the
[14:12] <Kotono> solely for the prize ahead."
[14:14] <Kotono> Serith creeps ahead slightly, fixiated on her - but calm, not on the offensive at all, watching her cautiously.
[14:16] * Seryf smiles more easily, relaxing. "Experiences and harmony are far greater prizes than the material, if this was to be a bad experience, the material would hardly make up for it," Seryf notes, patting Serith a little. "Mmm...what I would like to know..." she frowns. "While...I have served with the defenders of the elven kingdoms...I was trained by them, I am not...I do not see myself such as you have been described, like the human 'paladins'."
[14:17] <Seryf> "This conflict of sight has worried me since I chose to come looking, and no one particularly has offered an answer to how my own beliefs might conflict with such a status."
[14:17] <Seryf> *human 'paladins'."
[14:20] <Kotono> "Allow me to explain." Standing at the last step before the ground, watching Seryf as she speaks. "The title of 'Defender' is honorary, a gift to me post humorously. A title of honor from long ago, given to those that give much for the sake of elvenkind. But, I do not entirely agree with this. Elves are not the only ones to need protectors - be they 'paladins' of the humans, or dwarven warriors, or even a brave goblin warrior protecting hi
[14:21] <Kotono> r even a brave goblin warrior protecting his tribe."
[14:25] <Seryf> "This only makes me worry more," Seryf laughs, speaking frankly anbd openly more so than she does most of the time even with ehr friends. "What I worry does not exist in me...is that rarely am I entirely unselfish, and I have little urge to look for what is being inflicted upon others. In this way, I do not fit what most people have spoken of when they say 'defender', for any race."
[14:27] <Kotono> "This may be so, yet...your friends all fought well for you and hard, and showed such traits. I do not believe that one without such capacity would not travel with such worthy companions, Ascendant." Looking on at her, "You are young yet, and I offer - if you wish to continue, perhaps you shall find that desire within yourself. The desire that propels you above the mundane, and into the realm of legends."
[14:36] * Seryf smiles. "If I'd doubted the presence of any unpragmatic altruistic good in me, I'd be very far away from here, Corela. We're all...attached to each other, and other people I guess. Simply that I can't find it in myself to ask who in the nearest hundred miles is in trouble and how I can help them," she murmurs, humming softly. "But that aside, as you don't seem to consider it particularly a challenge...what Exactly is involved in this?"
[14:39] <Seryf> what Exactly is involved in this?"
[14:41] <Kotono> "The legends have beenc hanged by millenia. At first, I wished for one strong enough to take my place here so I could rest. I am very tired, and all these centuries have not dulled that in the least." HEr eyes shine towards you, a weariness felt. "But as my artifacts and my spirit have been bound to keep these trolls imprisoned, things have changed. My power has lessoned as have the trolls here and my artifacts - now I only wish for one ri
[14:42] <Kotono>  one enough to take what is left and destroy the last troll here so that I may move on."
[14:53] <Seryf> "Mmmm..." Seryf hums softly, staring back at Corela for a time, and then smiling. "So long you accept that I may not live up to the best of ideals, but that I am a reflection of my companions, and have never truly disagreed with them...I will accept."
[14:55] <Kotono> "I do so. Even the worst of your lot of friends handled himself as well as he could even through guilt and anger. I am satisfied you have friends that are worthy, and that you may be in time. If you accept, ranger of the forest, you will find your targeted hatred to shift to trolls. Of that I am certain."
[14:56] * Seryf laughs a little. "Orcs and trolls...orcs were simply the direction my training was given, I would be satisfied with trolls."
[14:57] <Kotono> "Of the rest - you shall find out when you grasp what is ahead. Are you ready?" Corela asks of you, waiting.
[15:00] <Seryf> "I am," Seryf answers, blowing at her bangs, her hands on her swords almost casually as she steps forward, and onward!
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.