Java chat client busted?

Started by gia, January 28, 2006, 01:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gia

FYI, Rathany says the Java chat client is busted.  I gave it a shot (using IE instead of Opera, just in case) and it didn't work for me either.  The client booted up okay, but said it couldn't connect to "cleannorth.org."  It didn't respond to a /server command (I wasn't sure that it even had that capability though), and it actually crashed when I was trying to close it (not sure if that's script-related or just something weird on my computer).

Rathany says she hasn't been able to connect for at least 24 hours, also.

Dracos

Thanks for notifying me.

I'll look into it immediately.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Rathany

Quote from: "Dracos"Thanks for notifying me.

I'll look into it immediately.

Dracos
Thanks.   Hopefully I can bother all of you again soon :)
~Rathany

odin

I'll fix your wagon....

err... it's fixed.

Enjoy. :)

-Dan

Rathany

Quote from: "odin"I'll fix your wagon....

err... it's fixed.

Enjoy. :)

-Dan
Thank you!

tabyk

It appears to be broken again...  :(
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Anastasia

-Global- Recently there has been some intermittent DNS issues with irc.dejatoons.net, this is currently being resolved (No pun intended) and the new settings should be propagated within a few hours

I'd been chalking it up to that. Check it once those pass?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

odin

No, it was my preparations for Y2DST that killed it.

If it dies, please let me know on IRC or by email since I don't check the boards that often.

All should be well now, but my connection's too flakey to test it from here.  Would someone please try and confirm?

-Dan

Dracos

Looks to be good, in case it hadn't been verified.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

tabyk

Is the Java client not working again?  When launching I get the following error message:

!!! Couldn't establish connection to cleannorth.org on port 7,776.

Is anyone else getting this, or is it just me?   :(

Ranma_007

I had that error as well, a few days ago.

tabyk

Quote from: "Ranma_007"I had that error as well, a few days ago.
Have you a moment to try it again right now, and see if it's still being problematic for you as well?

Ranma_007

Just tried it again, and I got the same error on my computer and my network. When I was on a different network and computer, I figured it was a ports issue, but this should have worked.

odin

Dudes, seriously.  If you want Java IRC fixed, let me know directly.  I don't pay enough attention to the forums (I just got a topic reply notification email minutes ago, and fixed the Java IRC).

Normally it's not an issue, but my server rack is in flux, we've been through two web servers since I last looked at this thing, and three major power outages... new router too.  To be honest, I'm surprised it was as easy as it was to bring back... I tend to forget about it since it's not a service for the little NGO that owns the machines.

So if you need it fixed, please... IRC PM me (or get someone to), AIM me at grimnir6969, or MSN me at odin@cleannorth.org ... an email to odin@svartalfheim.net wouldn't go astray either.  Just griping on the forums will maybe get a response eventually if I notice.  No guarantees.

-Dan

tabyk

Yes, but if we did that, it would be one less thing for you to bitch about odin, and we all know you love to bitch about things.  Wouldn't want to take away one of your pleasures in life.   :)