News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Image of the Day

Started by Merc, January 30, 2006, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

Quote from: Jon on November 09, 2011, 03:38:46 PM
Quote from: Dracos on November 09, 2011, 03:37:15 PM
But for pure crossover, giant horrific world ending angels are a bit past the level that the senshi deal with.  They'd practically become irrelevant side cast in any crossover.  Same as if you tossed them against most other Giant Robo backdrops.  They're magical girl sentai, not giant robo.

I take the position that there's nothing important in NGE that is not psychological in nature. Usagi is excellent with situations like that.

I'd go further and point out they're killed a number of rampaging space god-things. Unless the ability to destroy a planet doesn't put you at that level (Sailor Chaos and its incarnations; Queen Metalia, The Wiseman, Nehellenia, Pharaoh 90; Sailors Saturn, Moon, Galaxia, Prince Endymion)

Plus what Jon said.

Jon

Don't forget whoever that space-elf was in the R movie. He basically had an asteroid, right?

thepanda

I'm going by the manga. If we start using other sources we'll get into Dracula vs Sailor Moon territory, and there is no turning back from that!

Sinom Bre

More weirdness for your day.

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Merc

Source: Pixiv - Manabi (Note: bigger resolution, 3000x1500, available)

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Sinom Bre

I have that pic in my collection. Probably would've gotten around to posting it at some point. ;p
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Sinom Bre

I find this pic very relaxing just to look at.

Merc

Sinom Bre

Merc: Dancougar? I'll admit, my mecha geek levels are really low. =p

Merc

They can't be that low, I don't even know what show you're talking about (must be something really old! ^_-). That pic is from Voltron though.

Sinom Bre

Sinom Bre

Move along... Nothing to see here-nyaa...

Kt3

I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Merc

Some more cats for you, Rain, since you like them so much. =p