News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Image of the Day

Started by Merc, January 30, 2006, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Why is she wearing just one sandal?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on February 12, 2012, 11:33:22 AM
Why is she wearing just one sandal?
Ha ha! Noticed that, did you? I haven't a clue. :)
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Halbarad

That's Sanae Kochiya from Touhou, yes. The frog and snake ornaments in her hair are the giveaway there.

No idea why she only has one sandal, though.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Jon

Éowyn battles the Witch-king of Angmar, painted by Donato Giancola.

Merc

Nice. No idea of the setting there or the artist, but nice pic.

Although you have to wonder about that bad guy's decision to cast invisibility on himself if he has leaking visible aura through his eyes, and all his armor/equipment is also visible. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of invisibility?

Brian

Jon labeled it in his post, Merc.  :p

That's:
Quote from: JonÉowyn battles the Witch-king of Angmar, painted by Donato Giancola.

~exploding tag~

Merc

No duh. =p

I meant that those names didn't mean anything to me so I didn't know what the setting was about, and never seen that artist's work before. =p

Jon

Strictly speaking the Nazgûl shouldn't have visible eyes, but I gotta admit he looks better with them.

It's a pivotal scene from Return of the King, volume three of Lord of the Rings. The Witch-king is basically a guy who got corrupted by accepting a gift he really shouldn't have, and ended up a wraith with no visible form.

Merc

Ah. I haven't read that in close to two decades so all I tend to remember from that are 'hobbit', 'ring' and 'fellowship'. Also all the quotes that pervade popular culture.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Merc on February 13, 2012, 08:46:21 PM
Ah. I haven't read that in close to two decades so all I tend to remember from that are 'hobbit', 'ring' and 'fellowship'. Also all the quotes that pervade popular culture.
Oh, in case you missed it, Peter Jackson wrote, produced, and directed three major films of The Lord of the Rings trilogy in recent years. There was a small amount of buzz about it. ;p
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Merc

You missed this in #sr. I mentioned those movies were too freaking long. =p

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Merc on February 13, 2012, 10:57:48 PM
You missed this in #sr. I mentioned those movies were too freaking long. =p
Short attention span or small bladder? ;p

Merc

A little bit of a, a little bit of b, a little bit of c and d as well.

Brian

Quote from: Sinom Bre on February 13, 2012, 10:50:02 PMOh, in case you missed it, Peter Jackson wrote, produced, and directed three major films of The Lord of the Rings trilogy in recent years. There was a small amount of buzz about it. ;p

Those movies are decade old.

...damn it.  Stop marching forward, inexorable tide of time!

~exploding tag~