7-1b: Regretting the Entering of Paxburg!

Started by Carthrat, February 17, 2006, 10:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

[01:09] <@Dungeon_Ana> -----
[01:10] <@Dungeon_Ana> Off they go! SAul is followed by Darius as he darts to the alley between an inn and an old stable! A shadowy person in a heavy grey hooded cloak is taking off down the long alleyway with ease, weaving into it' sdark recesses!
[01:11] * @Saul spits out words of arcanology, casting a spell of charming on the man as he runs!
[01:12] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC - Saul, you're kind of running. What spell is it and what are it's components?
[01:13] <@Saul> OOC: Charm Person, verbal/somantic.
[01:14] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC - You're goint to have to stop and lose some noteworthy ground to cast it, and he might getout of sight if you do so. Still want to do it?
[01:14] <@Saul> OOC: Darius is chasing him, too, so I'm good.
[01:14] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC - In that case, I'm going to rule initiative for everyone.
[01:14] <@Dungeon_Ana> roll 1d10
[01:14] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Dungeon_Ana : [ 1d10=6 ]{6}
[01:15] <@Saul> roll 1d10+1
[01:15] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Saul : [ 1d10=1 ]{2}
[01:16] * Saul sets mode: +o Darius
[01:16] <@Darius> roll d10+3
[01:16] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Darius : [ 1d10=4 ]{7}
[01:16] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC - Since you UTTERLY OWNED, initiative, cast your spell.
[01:17] * @Saul finishes off his spell by pointing at the man, adding a "Hey, friend, stop!" once it's out, hoping to get him to turn around!
[01:18] <@Dungeon_Ana> roll 1d20
[01:18] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Dungeon_Ana : [ 1d20=15 ]{15}
[01:20] <@Dungeon_Ana> But he doesn't stop! There is a little alley between the end of the inn and another building, the pickpocket twisting to the side and down it! As he does you see him glance back, a shadowed face as he reaches into his pouch for something, just as heturns the corner and goes out of sight! OOC - Go, Darius.
[01:21] * @Darius tears after him, turning down the alley after him.
[01:21] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC - Mmmm. Make a Wisdom check, Saul.
[01:21] <@Saul> roll 1d20
[01:21] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Saul : [ 1d20=16 ]{16}
[01:21] <@Saul> OOC - passed
[01:21] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC - Er, Darius. Typo.
[01:21] <@Darius> roll d20
[01:21] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Darius : [ 1d20=3 ]{3}
[01:21] <@Saul> OOC - 10 bucks say it's caltrops.
[01:21] <@Saul> OOC: Or a flashbang.
[01:22] <@Darius> OOC: Supposed to get under my stat, right?
[01:22] <@Saul> OOC: Yeah.
[01:22] <@Darius> OOC: Pass by 9.
[01:22] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC - PM.
[01:24] <@Darius> roll d20
[01:24] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Darius : [ 1d20=7 ]{7}
[01:25] * @Darius roars as he turns the corner, spuring Serith into a leap.
[01:25] <@Darius> OOC: Pass by 10.
[01:26] <@Dungeon_Ana> So Serith leaps into the alley, a slinky black smilodon giving chase! Foul caltrops are left behind, ground made up as the theif dashes on! He turns back, a flash of his face - dirty and quite afraid not, trying to pick up speed as his face drains of color! OOOC - Roll coming.
[01:26] * Midnight (~danchou@68.157.11.86) Quit (Ping timeout)
[01:27] <@Dungeon_Ana> roll 1d20+4
[01:27] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Dungeon_Ana : [ 1d20=9 ]{13}
[01:27] <@Dungeon_Ana> But despite th is he gets not a shred faster! OOC - You're getting close enough for an action right thi ssecond, Darisu.
[01:28] <@Dungeon_Ana> As they run, Serith pauses a moment abruptly! But instead of anything else, she leans her face forward and...! The buildings seem to quake as a great roar escapes from Serith, rattling the even the foul rodents that like in such an alleyway! OOC - I'm going to give him a save vs spell to see how he reacts.
[01:28] <@Dungeon_Ana> roll 1d20
[01:28] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Dungeon_Ana : [ 1d20=7 ]{7}
[01:29] <@Dungeon_Ana> Stop! He stops cold by adoor at the side of the inn, eyes gigantically wide as Serith roars out! A clatter of gold coins fall from his hand as he reaches into his pouch, body going slack in terror!
[01:30] * @Darius spurs Serith forward, bearing his own teeth at the theif in a snarl as he spurs Serith into another leap.. Aimed to land on the theif's chest!
[01:30] <@Darius> roll d20+1 for a pounce
[01:30] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Darius : [ 1d20=16 ]{17}
[01:31] * @Saul stamps after Darius, heavy boots kicking aside caltrops as he rushes to reclaim his property!
[01:32] <@Darius> roll d8+3
[01:32] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Darius : [ 1d8=2 ]{5}
[01:33] <@Dungeon_Ana> Your target goes ddown in a heavy heap, pale and scared face quivering in the utmost fear as Serith's face looms above him! LIcking her maw, Serith simply stares down at him, heavy bodypinning him!
[01:34] * @Darius growls at the man, a deep and unnatrual sound comming from a half-elf.
[01:35] * @Saul storms up alongside the man, restraining his urge to pummel the helpless thief. "Thank you, Darius," he says, stepping on one of the pickpockets hands anyway. "And as for YOU..."
[01:35] <@Dungeon_Ana> Serith does the same, a pair of beastial rumbles given to this foul pickpocket! His face shatters into the utmost terror, jerking his head away and closing his eyes! "T-T-Take it! Take it...just keep that demon away from me!"
[01:35] * @Darius draws one of his scimitars and sinks the point of it into the ground, only a few inches from the man's throat.
[01:36] <@Darius> "Where I come from, fool, theives are strung up."
[01:36] <@Saul> "You pull this again, and I'll drag you in front of Waukeen's Justicars," snarls Saul, kneeling to rip away his goods. "And I'm sure you know what they do to thieves."
[01:37] <@Darius> "Since you stole from us, I think you owe us something.."
[01:37] <@Dungeon_Ana> There are several heavy pouches tucked inside of his cloak, as well as your box, and a smattering of golden coins around, some surely pinned uner thief, tiger and barbarian.
[01:37] <@Dungeon_Ana> "J-just take it!" He cries, eyes tightly shut and whimpering aloud. "Don't kill me!"
[01:37] * @Darius swings his blade around and rests it near the man's arm.
[01:38] <@Darius> "I think a hand might do well enough.
[01:38] <@Darius> "
[01:38] <@Saul> "All his goods are stolen," mutters Saul. "No, Darius. We'll drag him to the knights, and let them cut off his hand," he says, as he takes all the pouches from the thief.
[01:38] * @Darius stares down at the man, a hard look in his eyes, his gaze unwavering as he stares into the theif's eyes.
[01:39] <@Dungeon_Ana> As his eyes stay shut as his body quakes(And a nasty hissing sound from him, down from his mid regions).
[01:39] <@Dungeon_Ana> OOC = Gah.
[01:39] <@Dungeon_Ana> As his eyes stay shut as his body quakes(And a nasty hissing sound from him, down from his mid regions).  "N-No!"
[01:39] * @Darius visably grings his teeth and sheathes his blades.
[01:39] <@Darius> "You're lucky my friend is here. He's spared your hand for you.."
[01:40] <@Saul> "Oh, yes," whispers Saul. "Pull him up, Darius. Waukeen frowns on thieves and pirates out of all criminals... but I will pass him to society's judgement, rather than Hers."
[01:40] * @Darius moves Serith off of him.
[01:41] <@Dungeon_Ana> "Halt!" A voice booms into the alleyway, the door besides you opening! A man is there - he wears heavy chain and has a sword belted to his side. The coat of arms for Paxburg is on it, a helmet worn. Drawing that sword even as he takes pause at the smilodon, "Down, now!" he tries, his voice rapidly becoming dry and papery.
[01:42] * @Darius grinds his teeth and backs away from the theif, hold his hands out as he slides out of the saddle.
[01:42] * @Saul turns to face the guardsman, having at least retrieved his goods. "Sir," he says, calming down.
[01:45] <@Dungeon_Ana> Serith slowly gets off the pinned thief, a dark mark around his nether regions. Eyeing all of you, "What is the mean..meaning of this disturbance?"
[01:46] <@Saul> "This man is a thief," says Saul, gesturing towards him. "I was just reclaiming my goods."
[01:47] <@Darius> "Aye.. My friend and I had to chase him down to get his things back.."
[01:52] <@Dungeon_Ana> "Let me see." Demanding as his hand clenches to his blade hilt carefully.
[01:53] * @Saul moves away from the thief, allowing the man vision. "As you wish. He has many pouches of gold, of several styles."
[01:54] <@Dungeon_Ana> The thief doesn't even struggle as he's looked over, a quick exam as at least six pouches are seen. "I see. Have you retreived your goods?"
[01:54] <@Saul> "I have retreived mine, but left the rest," says Saul. "Efforts should be made to return them, I believe."
[01:58] * @Darius grunts and moves to swing back up into his saddle.
[01:58] <@Dungeon_Ana> "I'll take care of 'im," Grabbing ahd nearly dragging the thief off and away, "You're free to go."
[01:59] <@Darius> "If you're going to theive from someone, at least be man enough not to piss yerself when you get caught, fool."
[01:59] <@Saul> "May I accompany you?" says Saul, glancing at the knight. "I feel it is my duty to aid in the capture of such men. It is as She Dictates."
[01:59] * @Darius smirks at the theif.
[02:00] <@Dungeon_Ana> As the thief staggers up and along, "M-Monster!" He stares at Serith in horror, as the guardsman nods. "If you want."
[02:00] <@Saul> "Mm'm. Darius, you can head to the Broken Bow if you want," says Saul. "It seems every day I am deeper in your debt. Tell the others that I will be along shortly."
[02:01] * @Darius snorts at the man and nods to Saul, swinging Serith around.
[02:01] <@Darius> "Thump 'im one good fer me, would ya?"
[02:01] <@Saul> "Mm'm."
[02:02] * @Darius grins over his shoulder to Saul and heads out of the alley, and back towards the main street.
[02:02] * @Saul follows after the guardsman, stashing his goods in his pack as he goes. Damn thieves, making him waste spells..."
[02:03] * @Darius (~iron_drag@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has left #evildunes
[06:39] <@Anastasia> ----
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up