News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

New Section idea

Started by Dracos, September 02, 2002, 02:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

As is well known, I'm always looking for ways to make this place more useful for everyone.  Recently an idea for a new section of the gamer's forum hit me, something that I'm not certain how useful it would be and would need help to build.  As everyone knows there is a lot of gaming systems out there.  Most of us probably have only heard rumors of some.  So, my thought was to create a review section of different systems.  Expert players of the systems would review them, note their strengths and weaknesses, give introduction to the system, who makes it, where it probably can be purchased, what it's good for, what it's not good for, etc.

Noticiably a lot of us use our own homebrewn systems here, but perhaps this has merit.  I want to get opinions from the forum before starting this and an idea of who believes they can help out with it.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

RangerShade

Oooo...this sounds promising!

If you do decide to add this, I'll be up for doing a review of the Rifts, BESM, and AD&D second ed. systems,
maybe more once I get back and can browse the local game/comic shop again. ^^
"Wonderful, we're probably all going to die now."

Anastasia

I'm most familiar with AD&D 2nd edition and not much else, but I'd be glad to help out with that.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Adon

I'll volunteer.  I have a big collection of games, some out of print.  I'm also wondering if anyone is willing to volunteer to look at some of the free RPGs out there.  Some, I've heard, are beyond bad.  Ever heard of FATAL?  It's supposed to be one of the worst RPGs ever made.  If one has the courage or the perverseness to look at it, you'd have either my respect or my sympathy, maybe both.

Yuthirin

Sounds like fun. I'd be glad to help out. ^_^
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?