Interlude: A tale on the ship

Started by Dracos, April 18, 2006, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

It was early morning when they set off from Silmaria, the ship traveling on it's way, swift and sure, back south to Baron, a place that Felix was told was quite like Silmaria, but he'd never seen.  The winds were fairly gentle, though the air was cold this far north.  Fizban had mentioned something about helping him a bit with his magic, and well, Felix didn't have anything better to do.

Searching around, he found the old man lazing about in the sun on the deck, treating the thing as if it was a beach...save for thankfully wearing his robes.  His shapeless hat was over his face.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"Enjoying the sun?" Felix asks as he approaches the old man.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

"Possibly...  Enjoying the wind?" Fizban asked in return, mudded a bit with him speaking through his hat.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"Possibly..." Felix replies back with an amused smile. "You suggested having a talk about magic?"

Dracos

"Mmm, yes.  I think I did.  Was that the other day?  It is tuesday right?  So, what stocks were you thinking of getting into?" He sat up, his hat falling into his lap as eccentric old geezer asked.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Felix raises an eyebrow, not quite comprehending what the old man meant. "Stocks?"

Dracos

The man stood up, "You're interested in finances aren't you?  You've got to make some decisions, do some research.  It's awfully easy to lose a lot there." He rambles.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"What on earth do finances have to do with magic though?" Felix asks. Pausing, he looks thoughtful for a second. "Well, you -do- need finances to buy new spells unless you're inventing them, I suppose, but still..."

Dracos

"Magic?  Weren't we talking about economics?  You've not got much of the look about you, even with the feel."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

The stage magician frowns, wondering if Fizban simply does not wish to talk. "Is now a bad time? I can come talk with you about this subject at another time possibly..."

Perhaps old men are like cats, and just want to have their warm sunbeam and be left alone while they rest in the toasty spot.

Dracos

"Hmm...time goes quickly, doesn't it.  Mmm, you're just starting aren't you?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"Yes, I only started learning magic some time ago, after being told I had potential for it by Shakra, the shopkeeper of the magic shop in Silmaria," Felix answers the old man.

Dracos

"Mmmhmm...  I could tell.  You had the manner of it.  Most, where I come from, start younger than you are now.  It gives them time to grow into the experience.  Or burn down more  houses.  I'm not quite sure which."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.