News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

A-Kon 2006

Started by Halbarad, June 09, 2006, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halbarad

Greetings to the Soulriders from the floor of A-Kon 17 in Dallas. I'm writing this post as I wait for the panel on the future of the industry in anime, since there's not alot else to do.

Side note: Do you have any idea how hard it is to post using the graffiti pad on a PDA?

Anyway, the drive up from Austin was uneventful. Got to Dallas about 10:30 this morning and went to the HQ of the company I work for, where I was promptly hooked up with much in the way of software.

Got hotel accomodations squared away around 1:30, then took the light rail into the convention center. Beats scrambling around for parking downtown, certainly.

The line for registration was LONG when I got here, but it moved quickly  at least - just not quickly enough to get me in to the machinima panel. Ah well.

As expected, cosplayers abound. Naruto and Kingdom  Hearts seem to be the most popular themes so far, although I've seen a fair amount of FMA as well.

Anyway, tge panel is about to start so I'll close for now. More later.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Ginnezumusha

I have a couple of friends there right now too.

PLEASE TAKE PICTURES AND POST THEM HERE.