News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Nomic?

Started by Rezantis, September 13, 2002, 11:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rezantis

I'm mildly curious as to if we've got some people who'd be up for a game of Nomic.

Nomic is basically a game of rules.  The basic outline of the game is that people take turns proposing rules; you score points by getting rules passed or voting against rules that do pass.  You win by either getting 100 points, or by somehow getting passed such a screwed up rule that you can't finish your turn.

Or at least, so it begins.  Considering that you're making new rules, and can modify or repeal any rule (including the one that says you have to obey the rules), I think you can see it getting a little more complicated very quickly.

This link has some information on the game, for the curious:

http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/writing/nomic.htm

Anyway, I'm curious to try, and it could be funny.  ^^  The game would be quite long term, but tossing in rules to handle people leaving the game and new people entering wouldn't be too hard, so what the hell.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

calendar

* Calendar blinks.

Hey!  Earlham!  That's my first choice college.  I was gonna pass... but Rez, AIM me.  It sounds interesting, I guess.
 Princess_Herb turns into the sexy girl soldier, Sailor_Dragon
*** Princess_Herb is now known as Sailor_Dragon
* Unseen is vaguely creeped out
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

Rezantis

This thread has been kicked, 'cause I got a couple of expressions of interest.  So if anyone's interested, let me know.  XD
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Carthrat

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

belgarion213

Seems interesting, i'll take a crack at it.

thepanda