News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

Started by Anastasia, July 21, 2006, 06:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

No, not the little pictures of cute girls we use to identify us on the left.

---

You have died as has your world. Be you an epic hero or a normal person, your homeland fell to the Dark One. From the haze of pain in your demise comes your afterlife. There is no sunny fields or heavenly choirs beckoning you to rest. Oh no, rest is the farthest thing away from you.

HE is here. HIS laugh echos in this place, a starry emptiness, as if your soul has been enslaved to the night sky itself. Amid the specks you can perhaps see a few other brighter spots of white. Are others here with you? No time is granted to pursue this quandry, as instead HE deigns to address you.

"Pathetic creatures! Welcome to Eisenschloss. Your task is simple. I will grant you bodies to challenge what is ahead. Amuse me with your feeble attemps - for if you can reach my Throne, I shall grant you freedom and a wish. You shall even has as many bodies as you need for this. You'll need them.[/size]

---

If you've read through the above, I sincerely apologize. With that out of the way, let's get to business. This is going to be a post based game with 1 to 3 PCs. I intend for this to be a reasonably mid paced time, something we can work on but without intruding on other obligations. You don't need to be fully time synched with me, but I'd like a period where we're both around and able to post. My times are from about 10 AM EST to 4 PM EST and most evenings from about 10 PM EST to 2 AM EST, roughly. Synching with the other players is a good idea as well.

---

Now to the meat of the game. This game will use 2nd edition AD and D, as I'm familiar with it and it has a good range of suppliments to use. Each player will choose someone to play - be it themselves or a fictional figure or a generated character for this or from another game. Whatever does it for you. This is for background grist and to provide an intelligence score and a wisdom score.  Ahead of you is a vast dungeon - difficult and mysterious, harsh and brutal. The legendary  Eisenschloss, the abode of the Dark One himself. The tyrant that crushed your home world underfoot, bringing everything to ruin. However, as spirits, you are unable to enter the dungeon as is or do anything. Instead you are granted the power to make avatars of yourself - from a selection of races and with a point pool to give yourself stats. In this form you will be able to attempt the dungeon. Certain death and return to the starry void likely awaits, but each effort is in vain. While the dungeon resets after each attempt, clearing rooms and areas unlocks bonuses in avatar generation. Thus you learn the tricks and secrets of the dungeon while trying different character types to find succees.

The reward of the game is getting to build progressively twinkier and twinkier character setups. While your selection will start most limited, you'll unlock higher starting stats, more classes and kits, extra races, extra splat books and so on as you reach deeper in. The goal is to reach the Dark One's throne. There he promies you a wish...and perhaps, just perhaps, you will be able to break his sick game or find one you love, or simply reach your promised rest.

---

For character generation(Not avatar, your actual spirit PC), you'll generally want to have some propelling reason or force to keep fighting to reach the Dark One. A loved one to see again? A chance to save your world? The hope you can strike down the Dark One in his arrogance? Whatever floats your boat. Statwise you'll only need an Intelligence score and a Wisdom score. Your spirit forms will lack any powers you had in life. (So please don't pick something gamey like a spirit fighter or something implicity chosen to try and circumvent this.) You can choose pretty much whomever you want beyond this. Just include a bio of how it went down in that character's world with the Dark One, and you can assign the intelligence/wisdom score as you see fit or fits the character you chose.

---

Chargen for avatars will be simplified for speed. You can give a name or title to each avatar as you wish, but they're merely physical shells for your spirit. However, as they do bind your soul, your mind and spirit are affected by them. You gain the effective intelligence and wisdom of your avatar while in that body - which can work for woe or weal, obviously. I'll go more into this if I get interested parties, but I think I've gotten the drift across.

Honestly, I'm not even sure it's viable, but the idea is interesting enough to throw up here. Anyone interested or have any comments?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Asrana

As it seems more RP intensive than grind intensive? Tentative interest.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Anastasia

I know your interests, Hotaru. There will be some grinding and learning the dungeon, it's in the design. On the flip side, it will offer opportunities - for example, playing the character with an intelligent of 15 in spirit form and ranging from 6 to 18 in various avatars should be interesting.

The design implies you'll have at least a few (dozen) demises as you unlock better chargen options and learn all the tricks this nasty place has.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The chance to die a dozen times? Awesome!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

G'huh! I do not have any questions. I do have a request- we must all use avatars(the cute little girls, not this game) from some old 3d graphic adventure game, if we can find them.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Dracos has also expressed interest but cannot post due to being at the SR meet. That's four, one over the maximum number of PCs I'm willing to deal with. Thanks for the fast reply, guys. So that's all for recruitment - thought feel free to drop ap ost if you have any questions anyway.

---

I'll need to talk to you four soon.
<Afina> Forever.