News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

The Carnival

Started by Chilord, September 21, 2002, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilord

The figure remained standing there, its robe shifting slightly in the breeze before it seemed to shift itself more towards him, a deep, soft voice eminating from the shadows, "You are at the entrance to the Carnival."
amp;quot;You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain."-Sephiroth

thepanda

"Carnival? I didn't know there was a carnival way out here." Well, that explains why the party's way out in the middle of nowhere.

Aaron looked around the entrance for his sister. He sighed after realizing she wasn't waiting for him like she had said she would. Now he had to waste money to go look for her. Turning back to the cloaked figure he firmed is voice.

"Sir, how much for one to enter?"

acetalon

Verato nodded his thanks and walked through the gate.
emember Shades, Viva La resistance!

Real evil men doesn't fight you on the battlefield.  They plan and plot in their silk green rooms, fighting an enemy that exists only in their mind.

You may be one person in the world, but you may be the world to one person. Cheers
-Quassy

Chilord

The dark figure spoke that deep, soft voice of its in response, "It can cost everything and it can cost you nothing. Here fate and destiny can be changed in order to satisfy your heart's desire. All one need do is enter and face its challenges."
amp;quot;You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain."-Sephiroth

DY

Having no more doubting thoughts about the carnival, Nathan stepped forwards and through the gate.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Chilord

The instant Verato and Nathan stepped through the gate, the world around them vanished (And they go on hold...)

Kwokinator

Angel stepped out of the Bubbulous Bordello.  Looking off into the far-off distance, he walked slowly towards Levin Street, his ever-trusty Colt at the ready.  It was time to pay a visit to an old friend...

"One, two, Angel's coming for you..." he hummed.

He did a double-take as music reached his ears.  It was a strange sort of music, one that he hasn't heard for a while.

"What the hell?" he spoke aloud, even though no one was anywhere near him. "There ain't no carnival around here!"

Partly curious and partly suspecting it to be a trap from one of his enemies, he walked towards the source of the sound, taking his pistol out and into his hand and cocking the piston for ready shooting.

Chilord

And Angel could see the mists swirling in front of him

Kwokinator

Angel cautiously stepped into the mist, his pistol now up by his side for fast aiming.

"Who's there?!"

Chilord

"Well Sugah, that's a good question, now ain't it?" a voice drawled in front of him as the mists parted.

It was a smooth archway of soft polished marble, standin there alone save for the solitary figure leaning back against it and the thin trail of smoke drifting upwards. If one followed the trail of smoke, they would find it ending at the butt of a slim cigarette, held in the slender hand of a young woman. Garbed in loose, baggy jeans and a dirtied tank top, she looked as if she was fresh from working in a garage as she took a long drag from her smoke, her grease smudged face young with a pixish beauty and almond shaped green eyes. Her hair was held back by an old, raggedy  red bandana, the short, greasy red and orange curls just falling a bit past her ears.

"Now, but tha peashooter away already."

Kwokinator

Angel's eyes darted up and down the young woman's body.  She seemed to be armed with nothing but a cigarette.

"Peashooter, huh?" he said as he put the gun back into its holster. "I should shoot you up with the 'peas' someday."

"So who the hell are you?" he asked, looking directly at the young woman after he finished pocketing the gun.

thepanda

"Riiiight," Aaron said to no one in particular. A smile graced his lips momentarily, the nervousness he had been feeling disappearing suddenly. That was one hell of a sells pitch. There weren't many who would have appreciated such an archaic response.

It had to be some sort of theme carnival- Mid-Evil Times or something. This could certainly be worth looking into. His sister wasn't waiting at the gate and it couldn't hurt to look around a bit, especially with free admission. Heck, he could even pick up another sword if it was some kind of mid-evil fair.

Plus he could scope out the games. If thee 'challenges' were anything like a normal carnival's he'd be leaving with his arms full

"Thank you for your time, sir," he said nodding slightly toward the figure. He then entered.

Chilord

And the world around Aaron vanished.(and he's put out of play for now.)

Chilord

"Me?" the girl responded before he took a drag from her cigarette, "Ah'm jes tha girl that's gotta spend her time out here waiting on yer trigger happy ass ta get here."

Kwokinator

Angel stared suspiciously into the girl's eyes.

"Waiting for me?" he glared at the her, practically yelling.. "What the hell are you?  How did you know I was gonna come here?!"