News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The Carnival

Started by Chilord, September 21, 2002, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilord

Swirling somewhere in the distance, the mists swirl about in a lazy, whimsical path, obscuring from view that which lies beyond. To most, it is a distant curiousity, filled with idle speculation, but, always standing just beyond their, reach. Each step taken, the mists take of of their own, always staying in that far off bit of space until at last those few curious questers give up and return to their previous tasks.

But, to those rare few that hear the music and the call, they find themselves drawn ever closer to the cool grey veil. For, it is for those few that the place exists. To call out to those souls that cry out for change and to draw them together, and grant them a chance at their desire. To most however, it becomes a trap from which they can never escape, a never ending dream of change, as the world rolls on, forgetting that they even existed, and time continues its endless flow.

The time has come for the new souls to be called and for them to accept their invitations. Now the invitations have been sent, the fliers loosed and the music played. All that remains is for the new round of customers to take their place and enter into the mists, and join the Carnival.

Somewhere in the distance, each of the chosen souls find the mists gathering in their sight, a sweet, lively music calling out to them, beckoning for them to rise up and heed the call. The mists swirl before their eyes, and all that remains is for them to follow the call and step forward, leaving fate and destiny behind as they embrace their last chance for change.
amp;quot;You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain."-Sephiroth

Dracos

Giggling as she pranced through the woods, off to see her friend Sasami, Raya was a spot of good cheer in the dreary summer heat.  As she hopped along though, the little sprite heard...carnival music?  Slowly coming to a stop, the little girl turned, seeing to her side...  mists?  But the music was coming from that way!

Raya smiled as she turned to hop into the mysterious mists.  A carnival was somewhere there.  What fun!

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Chilord

The moment she entered the mists, Raya felt their cool touch at her face, caressing against her skin with a soothing caress. Behind her, the brief breach her entrance had made sealed up, letting the forest behind her vanish as the way before her became clear. There, before a rickety old gate, a man stood waiting, a soft smile on his face.

It was hard to tell how old the man before her was, his face was lined with the lines of time, crinkling his skin as he directed a soft, benevolent smile. His hair was a soft brown, full and untouched by the silve streaks of old age and falling in a short length down the sides of his head, as it lined his mouth in a well trimmed goutee. A simple flannel shirt and a pair of faded jeans were his only decorations, not at all the flashy fare often found on a barker, the only exception being the finished shine of the black leather shoes on his feet.

"Hello there little one, and welcome to the Carnival."
amp;quot;You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain."-Sephiroth

Dracos

Raya smiled childishly up at the old man.  "I didn't know there was a carnival going on in these woods.  When did you arrive?"
Well, Goodbye.

Chilord

"It comes and goes when and where its needed. It arrives when the time is right," the man responded with a soft, velvet like voice that slipped through the air.

Dracos

"Mou, it's been a long time since I've been to a carnival.  How much is it?"

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Chilord

"Price..." the man's eyes grew wistful for a moment, "In material items there is no cost. But, once you enter, you have but one exit. Few ever find it. But, with that exit comes the chance to change your life, to make your heart's desire come to life and to alter fate and destiny to your dream."

Dracos

Raya grew serious suddenly.  Her young face still smiling but her eyes suddenly focused.  "I could change fate?"

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Chilord

"Aye," the voice was soft, a gentle slip out of his mouth as his eyes looked down into hers, "Fate, destiny, the weave of time itself... but very few can claim that prize."

Dracos

Raya looked down, thinking for a second.  Then, with purple eyes twinkling she smiled up at the old man again.  "I'll play.", the young spriteling responded as she hopped past him merily through the gate, her staff on her back.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Chilord

And, as Raya steps through the gate, the world around her vanishes from her site (and Dracos is put on hold until the others arrive)

DY

Sighing as he left the building, Nathan couldn't what to get home and get some rest. Walking to his car, he started to hear music coming from somehwere. 'Strange...it sounds like carnival music but there aren't any fairs or events that are going on. Well, that I know of anyways.'

Intrigued, Nathan started off into the direction of where the music was coming from. Suddenly, a wall of mist appeared before him and without knowing why, he continued on. Walking right into the mist.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Chilord

To Nathan, it at first feels as if he slipped into a sauna, a wave of heat rolling over him as the mists sealed up behind him. Before him the soft cloud parted, revealing a the straight metal poles stretching out in front of him, wrapped up with a multitude of blinking lights that flashed in a variety of colors in his eyes. And there, standing on a stage before the gaudy maw of the gate, stood a man in a flashy purple suit.

His face, while young, seemed to gleam with a mischief, eyes as blue as a robin's egg twinkling with glee as he twirled a red cane in his hand. Thick blond hair curled up against the flashy pink sequins lining his hat. His jacket, a thick cotton thing standing plain and shouting out its prescence on his chest, and leading down to the shining silk pants at his feet.

"Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Step on up my friend, for this is the chance of a lifetime! The carnival has come and its waiting for you! Yes you sir, to come and rise to meet its challenges and claim the prize to change the very essence of time, to alter fate and destiny to your choosing and grant your heart's desire!"

DY

Regaining his senses after coming out of the mists, Nathan looked around, inspecting his surroundings before turning to look at the man in the purple suit. "Carnival? I wasn't aware that a carnival was in town..." he muttered to himself, confused.

Eyes narrowing as stared at the young man, Nathan asked, "Who are you and what do you mean by claiming a prize to alter fate and destiny?"
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Chilord

" The carnival travels on whim and fancy, passing from this place to that upon its whim and want," the man responded with a grin, "As for myself, I'm just a simple barker calling out to the crowds it calls. The prize though... that is what its all about. Manage to claim that and your heart's desire will ge granted."