News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Attempt 1, floor 1: First try! Good luck! Don't die too fast

Started by Anastasia, July 28, 2006, 10:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Corwin moves to stand beside the dwarf, his weapon held ready. "Blood," he agrees, nodding, his shoulder-length blond hair whipping about.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Aesop rolls to hide in shadows and then move silently!

<Dracos> roll 1d100 vs 90%
* Hatbot --> "Dracos rolls 1d100 vs 90% and gets 86." [1d100=86]
<Dracos> roll 1d100 vs 90%
* Hatbot --> "Dracos rolls 1d100 vs 90% and gets 95." [1d100=95]

Gloomy shadows spread ahead of you as you travel down the dim hall. The scattered torches line the metallic, narrow wallscape, a scent of smoke lingering in the air. Ahead, perhaps 100 yards down, is a small connecting square room. The northern wall has three doors, one on the left, one on the right, and one on the center. The left and right door are heavy iron but ever so slightly ajar. The center is pure, shiny black stone, with two indentations in a vertical line, one atop the door and one at the bottom. Each is about the size of a baseball. A small carved plaque hangs in the center between them.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Aesop moved up to the plaque, checking it out.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Carved in precise Common is the following: When the dark star reigns over the pale sun, the way to the future will open.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Aesop tapped his chin and then made his way to the door on the left, glancing into the ajar portion before trying to open it.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

You can see a long, wide hall ahead. Odd, you can see tiny straw and mud huts, and the smell of offal tinges your nose. Ugh. You can hear little noises, ever so faint conversation in higher pitched voices.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Aesop checked the other one as well before deciding.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

The other room is a dark, small room. Your view is obscured by the fact that the angle faces the wall inside, worse luck. While you can't see much, you can here a scaly rustling, a slithering moving about.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Aesop chooses the squeaky voices.  They sound less death bringing.  He scoots in there, stealthy sliding along the walls like a shadow.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Ahead is a long retangular corridor. Hay and offal are left about, a foul stentch permeating the air. Small stacks and huts of scrap wood and heavy hay are about. As Aesop creeps to the side, his foot lands heavily, clattering as he approaches to the center, where the huts are. Inside vicious little Kobolds peek out, gathering in the center of the hall! There must be a dozen of the creatures, blue furred and wearing dirty leathers! One stands at the top of the pack, eyes with unusual intelligentce brimming over. "Me Hector. This is our village! No one pass without paying the toll! Especially a sneaky thief that tries to sneak by!"

Hector's hand rests on a short sword, while half of the goblins are armed with daggers. The other half have slingshots and stones hanging in pouches, all behind their leader.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Okay then, I shant pass!"  His secrecy blown, he turned and fled the other way quickly.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

As he flees, the kobolds chitter and cry! "Fraidy!" Hector calls, as the beasts behind him rejoice! One even takes heart, a slingshot stone fired at the hapless halfling!

-2 mod since Aesop is fleeing and has the jump on them.

* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20-2 and gets 5." [1d20=7]

The stone clatters near the iron door, missing as the halfling beats a hasty retreat out!

Detect traps has worn off.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Aesop runs back to the starting room. "Horde of little beasties.  Possibly following.  They've a village."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"Let's kill them!" says Tchaener, pulling out a slingstone! "Horrid, EVIL little bastards!"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

"Bees-tees!" Corwin exclaims, the muscles in his arms trembling as he holds his bardiche tightly. "Cut bees-tees!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake