News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

A Cat's Tale

Started by Dracos, August 13, 2006, 07:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Making their way through the town, it was similar in construction but with a much more martial build.  Practically everyone they saw seemed to be very fit.  The chief's house wasn't hard to find either, being the largest house in the village and decorated with fabrics and bones in a strangely tribal fashion sense.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Leets ghosted along, ready to react on a hair-trigger at the first sign of trouble. The villagers seemed like a decent sort so far, but since their group represented the enemies of this village, it didn't seem too odd to be a mite cautious.

The bones being displayed certainly didn't help ease him, though he subconsciously guessed that they were probably thrifty with whatever it was they hunted in these lands.

Olvelsper

"Try to act calmly towards anything you come across. That's the first rule of being a negotiator." Jan explained to the others.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Shukuen

There was no outward acknowledgement of Jan's advice, though Leets seemed less conspicuous with his (borderline) paranoia. Assuming he hadn't accidentally triggered his vanishing trick again, of course.

Iron Dragoon

"I'll let ya do the talkin' 'ere. I don't particularly want 'ta be fillin' an entire village full 'a holes. If more 'a them punks like red step up, though, I'mma put 'em down."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Dracos

Stepping into the chief's hut, they found a large central room, a well built young man stepping in their way as they entered, speaking strongly but not hostilely.  "It is the custom of the village for guests to be announced.  Who are you and why do you seek our chief?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"We're asked by village of Rascal to try and put an end to the tensions between their village and yours."

Dracos

"What?  Where'd you come from?" He stepped back, a bit surprised at Leet's appearance, his fur bristling.

"Fix it?  Hmph, I'm not happy about it but the chief is unplacable.  You'll have to talk to him.  Your names?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

Jan quickly introduced the group to the man. "Is there anything we should know before we go in? We don't want to offend your leader."
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Olvelsper

Jan quickly introduced the group to the man. "Is there anything we should know before we go in? We don't want to offend your leader."

Shukuen

Leets blinked unsteadily at the guard's reaction. Well, at least that answered whether or not he was still tense.

"Sorry, I'm sort of forgettable," he said placatingly, "it happens all the time."

Dracos

"His lordship Koren is not one for mincing words.  He prefers directness."

The man turned introducing them to the empty hall, or it was empty, but not for long as a towering mountain of a man stepped forward, sitting down on a sort of tribal throne and gesturing for the others to do the same.  "You wish to solve the problems between our villages?  Why not start by convincing the Rascals to stop stealing from our fields."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

"I would, but they don't strike me as thieves." Jan responded directly, matching the leader's tone exactly, "If they were thieves they wouldn't care to patch things up with your village."

Dracos

"Hmph, while it is odd of them.. who else would be stealing from our fields in such quantities?" Koren roared back at them.  At least, they think he roared.  It could easily have been his normal speaking voice, such a man was he.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"Do you mean to say you never actually saw who was stealing from your fields?" Leets questioned, looking for clarification from Koren's loaded statement.