News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Arc 2 setup log: Makoto

Started by Anastasia, August 19, 2006, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

This happens in the summer after Gaia. It's pretty much just resolving an old plotline and firming how Mako and Rei interact.

> ---Arc 2 setup go! This occurs sometime in the summer after Gaia.---
> A nice summer evening. As the months have rolled by, peace has come for Makoto Kino in some ways. Yet not in others - and today may be a prime reason why. Her communicator picks up as she works with her homework, abeeping and abeeping.
* Makoto debates ignoring the communicator. *It's been awhile since Gaia. We can't have someone to fight. Have we all forgotten how to use a telephone? Still, better than homework* Sighing a little, Makoto picks it up, and flicks it on. Reluctantly, as she really SHOULD be doing her homework.
> The symbol of Mars flashes, and the owner of said symbol appears. The hints of a sleeveless purple tanktop can be seen on Rei, as she lazily smiles. "Hey, Makoto. Did you ever want your toy back?"
<Makoto> "How much should I scrub it?" Makoto retorts, dryly. "It's about time. Were you plotting to keep it or something?"
> "Depends," REi drawls out, a catty, long grin spreading over her face. Her fingers rise up to brush back her bangs, eyes mysterious. "We had a good time with it."
<Makoto> The brunette senshi raises an eyebrow. "Explain." The word is laden with steel, though delivered in friendly tones. "You're making me suspicious..."
> "Tell you what - lemme get over there and then I'll tell you," Rei offers. "I have to head over to your place to drop it off anyway, so why not? I'll even bring the drinks if youw ant."
* Makoto glances at her homework, then at Rei, appraisingly. The last visit didn't go so well, but... "Alright. Just give me a minute to straighten the living room up."
> "See you in ten," Rei flicks away, vanishing to come over here.  It's just about twenty minutes, actually, before Makoto gets the telling knock on her door.
* Makoto brushes her hands off, putting away the blanket from this afternoon's couch nap, and heads to the door and opens it. "Hi."
> A sleeveless violet tank top and jean shorts - that's Rei-chan, alright. She holds a little plastic bag, wrapped around something vaguely stick like. "I washed it before I came over. Not that I expect you not to wash it yourself anyway. I did."
<Makoto> Makoto accepts the...offering with a wry smile. "That was thoughtful, though." They ponytailed girl allows, stepping back to allow passage. "Thank you. C'mon in."
> "You're welcome." Rei saunters in slowly, going to the couch and kicking her feet up there. Her legs are still spectacular, no matter...what she did between them, one can note. "So you wanted to hear the juicy details, Mako?"
<Makoto> "Yes." Makoto nods firmly. "At least so I know how many times I have to wash it." She replies, vaguely amused. "Do you want something to eat? I've been getting back into the swing of baking for fun, and I've got plenty..."
> "Sure," Rei nods, getting up to follow. "Let's see. In short...well...remember what I did to it? The old mouth treatment?"
* Makoto leads Rei into her kitchen, gesturing vaguely to the table as she heads to the fridge to break out the chocolate cake. Triple Chocolate, actually, but it'll be good for her nerves if Rei was misbehaving. "Do I ever." She murmured, shaking her head as the pulls it out, along with a pair of plates, forks, and a giant knife. "Pretty eager, too, as I recall." she jibes with a smile.
> "Hey, I'm not the only one," Rei shoots back with her own wry amusement, crossing her legs and waiting. "Thanks. Anyway, Kotono and Usagi. How does that strike you off the bat?"
<Makoto> "You...You're kidding." Makoto falters, then sets the cake down in front of Rei, and starting to cut. "Good god...I know you said you were going to teach Kotono...Though I had my doubts she'd do it. But Usagi?"
> "She kinda came along for the ride. ...heh. Not like that, but I'm sure your imagination can fill in a fe details. Apparently it came up at some training thing they did and one thing lead to another. I have to admit, I can understand why y ou did it - it's amusing as hell."
> Rei pauses after, watching the cake and getting a bite. Just a bite for now, nodding in approval. "Good cake, Makoto."
<Makoto> "Thanks." A brief smile, just a flash, but completely open. Then, "I keep telling you, I didn't sucker you into that. You just didn't give me the chance to explain." She protests, starting in on her own cake.
> "Yeah, yeah. Mmmm. But..." Rei seems inordantely amused, leaning back in her chair as she plays with her fork. "Tell you what. Thought about it a lot; how about a peace offering?" Rei says, quieting a little.
<Makoto> Makoto blinks at that, straightening up and tilting her head. "Peace offering?" She echoes. "Why? You didn't do anything...well, at least not about that. And I hear you're more relaxed with the others, these days."
> "Yeah, maybe." Rei ponders after a short, pregnant pause. "Just...oh just accept it," Rei sighs at last, lowering her head. "Before I change my mind?"
<Makoto> Makoto blinks, hesitating another beat. This is not the usual behavior...the least she can do is respect the solemn air Rei projects. "All right." She allows. "In the spirit of clearing the air, then." She decides.
> "Yeah. Then....sorry." Rei looks up, unusually serious as she meets Makoto's eyes. "Just for all of that, alright?"
<Makoto> "You're forgiven." Makoto smiles easily. "And, for what it's worth, I'm sorry I had to treat you like that, too." she adds. "It wasn't all that much fun for me, either. It's just-Well, I need to look out for my friends. And that includes you."
> "Yeah." Rei closes those now  misty violet orbs, before standing. "Hey...Mako-chan. Tell you want." Her smile blooms back into place, "C'mere, I'll even tell you a secret."
<Makoto> "Ah?" Makoto blinks, then nods, standing and leaning forward, putting her head near Rei's, and listening closely. "?"
> OOC - PM. <_<
* Makoto chokes violently, coughing up a small chunk of cake into her hand, and giving Rei an incredulously questioning look as she begins to slowly turn red. "You--?"
> Rei matches, blushing like her elemental affinity. "Yep." Scooting away and going back to her cake, focusing on it for DEAR LIFE, "So...yeah."
<Makoto> Makoto looks torn between being impressed and slightly horrified. "Wow...and...um, yes."
> "Mmm hmmm!" Rei eats a few bites of her cake quietly, before nodding. "So...friends," she nods, tossing her hair back as she stands up.
<Makoto> "Of course." Makoto smiles, "Even when I was yelling. I wouldn't have said anything if we weren't."
> "Good." Rei even nods, nearly bowing, "I really do have to go, Mako-chan...ut thanks."
* Makoto nods and coughs lightly again, standing and making to walk Rei to the door. "It's fine, really. And you don't need to thank me. We're friends, right?" She smiles at the brunette cheerfully. "I'll probably need a favor or a chewing out from you someday. You can thank me then." She grins.
> "Yeah, I'll hold you to that," Rei's assertation is strong as she heads out, "Just don't do anything I wouldn't do...and have fun with it," A bit of a naughty laugh follows as Rei goes out, "I'll see you around, Mako-chan."
<Makoto> "After a thorough scrubbing, you betcha." Makoto retorts, smirking back. If nothing else, shared experiences bond them, now. "Have a good night, Rei-chan. Don't hit any low flying planes." She calls, closing her apartment door and chuckling. *That went well.*
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Halbarad

[12:42:30] <Kotono> ---More Arc 2 setup go!---
[12:50:58] <Kotono> Aaah! More than a year! It's high summer once again, and growth has complimented the two girls! As they fly over a forest, looking for a special campsite? Makoto and Hotaru soar, or perhaps Sailor Saturn and Jupiter. Defying the edicts of gravity they go, to learn to defy something even greater.
[12:53:07] * Makoto Arcs about, finally homing in on the waterfall/hotspring Rei made so long ago, and starts in, clutching Hotaru tightly as they descend.
[12:56:10] <Hotaru-chan> Not that they need to be transformed to fly. Hotaru just smiles lightly at Makoto. "It's fine...I can catch you, ne?" Hotaru offers Makoto, holding her tightly back none the less with her own wings unextended. Closeness is not something to be argued over. "Just set down wherever..."
[12:58:09] <Makoto> Makoto smiles wanly and the assurance and nods faintly, quietly decending down to alight near the water. Hopefully the sound of the falls will help her focus again. "Here's good?"
[12:59:14] <Kotono> The falls burble and roar with falling water, pristine and pure. At least here the water of Tokyo is unpolluted, full of vibrant flow and movement.
[13:02:01] <Hotaru-chan> "Yeah..." Hotaru nods, beginning to unfold from Makoto's hold, to put her own feet on the ground. "It's been a while...though it's not hard to get out here," she murmurs, smiling lightly.
[13:03:44] * Makoto smiles lightly, letting her transformation and wings dispell. "Well, We're city girls." she grins. "Don't have much cause to get all the way out here."
[13:06:01] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru snickers, stretching and walking a little bit around along the water's edge, humming softly. "So you wanted me to help you with...?" she hazards, looking for confirmation from her friend.
[13:07:54] <Makoto> "Ha...Well..." Makoto blushes and scratches the back of her head sheepishly. "...Since everyone seems to be swiping my flying trick, I figured it was time to catch up, and learn the other one...so that we don't have to take the time to fly out here, next time." She explains, sheepishly.
[13:12:21] * Hotaru-chan shakes her head. "I thought it'd be nicer to fly, I could've teleported us out here..." she points out, snickering and leaning into Makoto's arm on impulse, glancing around. "Teleporting...well, it starts with your perception. Usagi and I do it very differently because of it, so...when you look at magic, or the underpinnings of the world, what do you see?"
[13:14:19] * Makoto looks down at the smaller girl with a half smile. "Well, when Jun was touching me to make my senses work better, I started to see clouds of colored fireflies everywhere. Is that what you mean?" She asks, eyebrows raised.
[13:17:02] <Hotaru-chan> "...Fireflies?" Hotaru asks wryly, smirking up at Makoto. "Strange," she teases, reaching up to poke Makoto's nose with ehr index finger. "Mmm...try to shift your vision? Get into seeing the fireflies first."
[13:18:07] <Makoto> "Ah?" Makoto blushes, nodding contritely as Hotaru pokes her nose, and tries to shift her vision. Where are those things...?
[13:19:09] <Kotono> Into her vision they swim - fireflies of blue with the water, green for the grass and so many more - and a great cluster of violet/black for Hotaru.
[13:20:21] <Makoto> "Whoa...That was easy. Practice paid off..." Makoto mutters to herself, examining the girl beside her curiously. "You're all black and purple..."
[13:21:03] * Hotaru-chan nods, smiling more easily. "Yeah, I should be. I've always looked that way to myself," she murmurs, humming softly. "Look at yourself, what do you see?"
[13:21:48] * Makoto blinks and holds up an arm to examine herself.
[13:22:57] <Kotono> Green fireflies swarm about, green and hints of sparking electricity. The colors of Jupiter?
[13:27:34] <Makoto> "I'm all green." Makoto comments, with little surprise. And why should she be? Hotaru's colors were no shock, and neither are hers. Though, admittedly, the sparks, and no pink are a mild surprise, but it's ok. "How come I can actually see the electricity? Or is that just flickers of blue?"
[13:33:30] <Hotaru-chan> "Could be either or...it's dependent on your own mind, so you might be seeing it separately just because..." Hotaru murmurs, smiling a little. "Usagi's original instructions to me were to just keep looking, but we've already done a lot of that, and well...mah. Okay...take yourself, and move yourself. Don't do it in the normal world though, do it with the fireflies," Hotaru instructs, smiling wryly.
[13:34:30] * Makoto looks back at Hotaru, blankly. "Could...Could you...go into a bit more detail?" She asks, hopefully.
[13:35:55] * Hotaru-chan smiles, moving over to a boulder, and sitting down. "Yeah...honestly? I'm projecting, but hm..." she she muses, tapping her lips. "Like...okay, try manipulating electricity, and watching the electricity as fireflies while you move it. Just manipulate it and watch the effects."
[13:37:49] <Makoto> "Alright..." Makoto murmurs cautiously. Taking a deep breath, she holds her hands out, and concentrates for a moment, starting an electrical current flowing through her body, and forcing it to arc between her hands, where she can see it.
[13:38:48] <Hotaru-chan> "Just make sure you're watching it with firefly vision..." Hotaru trails off into sncikers and giggles.
[13:39:19] * Makoto nods absently, making sure not to let the 'magic vision' slip.
[13:42:33] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check.
[13:44:57] <Makoto> roll 2d6
[13:44:58] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6 --> 1,0[ 2d6=7 ]12,0{7}
[13:48:03] <Kotono> To her command, electrity begins to flow between her hands! A crackling stream of electric blue fireflies, swirlin ginto endless infinite swarms to her eyes.
[13:49:20] * Makoto looks closely at the fireflies, trying to see how they're being created from herself. "What am I looking for?"
[13:49:32] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check +1.
[13:49:51] <Hotaru-chan> "Just how they're moving, you'll want to replicate the movement," Hotaru answers softly. "How they get from one place to the next, the pattern."
[13:50:10] <Makoto> roll 2d6+1
[13:50:11] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+1 --> 1,0[ 2d6=6 ]12,0{7}
[13:51:24] <Kotono> It's a steady flow - they erupt from your power and body, coming ina nd out in the current stream. It's like it flows gently, corresponding to Makoto's will.
[13:53:56] <Makoto> Makoto hums, watching the seam where green becomes crackling blue closely. How does that happen? Maybe...Maybe, if she can feel along the path of the electricity, it might be possible to use it to carve a path to travel through...
[13:56:26] <Kotono> OOC: Soul checks are fun. Or not.
[13:56:43] <Makoto> "So...Once I see it, what then?" Makoto asks Hotaru aloud.
[13:56:49] <Makoto> roll 2d6
[13:56:49] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6 --> 1,0[ 2d6=8 ]12,0{8}
[13:57:35] <Kotono> It takes some doing - in fact, a lot. But you can begin to see how it flows. It's not carving through, it's flowing like how matter passes through water, perhaps, or lighting through air. It moves things aside gently, oepning them up instead of tearing. You think.
[14:01:15] <Makoto> It's something of a revelation. Considering Lighting is one of the more destructive natural phenomena when let loose, She had expected a bit more violence. But this is even better. It's like it's own door, really. Shifting through reality sort of sideways by opening a gate and slipping through with no resistance. Suddenly, Makoto focuses on the parting effect rather than the electricity itself, trying to enhance it, and make it bigger
[14:03:50] <Makoto> Suddenly, Makoto focuses on the parting effect rather than the electricity itself, trying to enhance it, and make it bigger...big enough for her to slip through.
[14:04:24] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check, body check and mind check, each at +2. G'luck!
[14:04:47] <Makoto> roll 2d6+2 (soul)
[14:04:47] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+2 1,0(soul) --> 1,0[ 2d6=11 ]12,0{13}
[14:05:02] <Makoto> roll 2d6+2 (body)
[14:05:03] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+2 1,0(body) --> 1,0[ 2d6=8 ]12,0{10}
[14:05:28] <Makoto> roll 2d6+2 burning 40 EP (mind)
[14:05:29] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+2 1,0burning 40 EP (mind) --> 1,0[ 2d6=10 ]12,0{12}
[14:06:27] <Kotono> Makoto's body stands firm - she can feel it begin to stretch, begin to pass! But her magic and her mind recoil, reflecting and unable to hold up! She falls back, a moment of being rattled and of transmovement, all ending with nothing but a passing headache and dizziness.
[14:07:31] <Makoto> "Ow." Makoto gripes at the sudden, stabbing pain, swaying a little.
[14:07:31] * Hotaru-chan hops off her rock, moving over worriedly to check Makoto and extending her senses. "Mako-chan?" she asks, frowning and reaching out to touch the other girl.
[14:08:09] <Kotono> Hotaru - Mako's fine spiritually from what you can see.
[14:08:33] <Makoto> "Ugh...I'm alright, just...Ow. Now I remember why I quit trying to learn this..."
[14:10:08] <Hotaru-chan> "Mah, it's like that..." Hotaru shakes her head, smiling more easily, patting Makoto. "Want to rest a bit, or just keep on?"
[14:13:51] <Makoto> "No...No, I'll try it again." Makoto gives Hotaru a wry smile. "While I still remember what I was trying to do."
[14:15:06] <Hotaru-chan> "Sure...I was just going to suggest replicating the movements of the electricity," Hotaru offers, smiling and shaking her head. "With the fireflies that make you up, but...whatever you've got thought up will probably work better for you."
[14:18:19] <Makoto> "It's the same as what you said." Makoto nods. "My electricity parts the air. Sort of slides through it, so I'm trying to do that."
[14:19:15] * Hotaru-chan nods, rubbing Makoto's arm a little and going back to her sitting rock. "Just keep trying, it took everyone but Ami a bunch of stabs to make it work."
[14:22:11] <Makoto> "And she passed out when she got it to work." Makoto remembers, smiling. "Alright, Let's see." Makoto closes her eyes to the real world again, just listening to the waterfall. Focusing on the 'slipstream effect' of the electrical generation, Makoto tries weeding it out from the element itself. Pulling aside the curtain of reality to slip between places...like the tunnel! Yes, that was it. Like the tunnel to Gaia. Make an opening, and
[14:22:49] <Makoto> Yes, that was it. Like the tunnel to Gaia. Make an opening, and dive through!
[14:23:44] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check, body check and mind check, each at +2. G'luck, round 2 fight.
[14:23:57] <Makoto> roll 2d6+2
[14:23:57] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+2 --> 1,0[ 2d6=4 ]12,0{6}
[14:24:04] <Makoto> roll 2d6+2
[14:24:04] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+2 --> 1,0[ 2d6=8 ]12,0{10}
[14:24:20] <Makoto> roll 2d6+2 burning 20 EP
[14:24:21] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+2 1,0burning 20 EP --> 1,0[ 2d6=3 ]12,0{5}
[14:32:00] <Kotono> In a corona of electricty Makoto vanishes! She is simply gone, the magic she invoked taking her far away and out of sight! OOC - What's your EP, Mako-chan? (More)
[14:33:43] <Makoto> OOC-about 23. Lumping in the flying and EC usage.
[14:34:05] <Kotono> Meanwhile...
[14:35:34] <Kotono> Makoto's vision takes several seconds to readjust. Where...?! Huh? Your...house? Your couch? You're home?
[14:36:52] <Makoto> "What...?" The disorientation is about ten times more intense when you're actually powering the transport, Makoto realizes, swaying and trying to focus on her surroundings. "I...did it?"
[14:38:19] <Kotono> It's your house. Iori is near you, meowing in surprise as he arches back.
[14:39:15] <Makoto> :It's...It's ok, sweetie.: Makoto tells her kitten distractedly, breathing heavily. *I wonder if I can go back...*
[14:39:58] <Kotono> Makoto begins to focus as Iori meows a little clamer, but she feels tired. Really tired.
[14:40:08] <Kotono> OOC - Make a body check +1
[14:40:20] * Hotaru-chan frowns as Makoto disappears, pulling out her communicator. Ami didn't quite pass out, so maybe she'll answer?
[14:40:21] <Makoto> roll 2d6+1
[14:40:21] <Reikobot> 1,0Makoto rolled :1,0 2d6+1 --> 1,0[ 2d6=10 ]12,0{11}
[14:41:15] <Kotono> With a last bit of awareness Makoto realises her communicator is going off, but she falls over onto her couch. Sleep overtakes her as her body recovers from the intense strain, sleep claiming her.
[14:42:39] <Hotaru-chan> Getting no answer, Hotaru spreads her wings in an onrush of violet and black energy, lifting herself into the sky. Ugh...she msut've passed out... Hotaru sighs, speeding back towards Tokyo.
[14:43:10] <Makoto> *Shit...Hotaru's going...worry...Gomen, firefzzzz...* Are her last thoughts as consciousness flees
[14:43:11] <Makoto> .
[14:45:58] <Kotono> An hour of searching leads Hotaru to Makoto's - with a Makoto on her couch, asleep. Iori has curled up into her chest, peacefull arest with his mistress and master.
[14:49:00] * Hotaru-chan sighs a little breath of relief, finally landing in a backalley, and makiung her way back up to Makoto's apartment on foot, using ehr key and just slipping inside. "Iori?" she calls curiously, wondering how far the recognition she's never pushed with the cat will go.
[14:50:50] <Kotono> Oori is still asleep for a few moments, but eventually looks up and meows once. He looks quite comfortable.
[14:52:35] <Hotaru-chan> "...Yeah, I wouldn't be moving if I were you either," Hotaru agrees, eyeing the cat's enviable location. Snickering softly, Hotaru moves over to the couch, sitting down and lifting Makoto's head, scooting in to let the older girl rest on her lap, and just wait out the exhaustion.
[14:57:37] <Hotaru-chan> ----
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Halbarad

[23:05] <@Anastasia> ---Arc 2 setup go!---
[23:06] <@Anastasia> Aaah, a day in late summer '94. Not much of note happens, until a phone call during dinner. If this is another telemarker interrupting Iori's eating, :Momma, it's good!: he purrs, chomping down on the grilled fish.
[23:08] * @Makoto giggles, giving Iori's ears a little scritch and nodding as she stands. :I'm glad you like it, sweetie. I'll be back in a minute.: She offers, heading off to the kitchen phone and casually plucking it off the cradle. "Hello?"
[23:12] <@Anastasia> "Makoto?" Gramma! That's one voice Makoto can pick off right away, even if it's puctured a moment later by a cough. A nasty cough, not the sort of little one from dust or running too fast. "Mako-chan?"
[23:15] <@Makoto> "Gramma!" Makoto's instinctive smile is rather short lived, dropping off instantly at the sound of the cough. "Hi! How are you?" She asks, carefully. Resisting the urge to fret psychotically only on the strength of Gramma Haruna's insistence she not be babyed, Makoto nearly holds her breath as she waits for the verdict. She's been feeling poorly lately...
[23:19] <@Anastasia> "Just a little cold, dearie." Her voice picks up, a little congested but mostly strong.  "Don't worry about me - how are you? How's Iori...did he like that rice bowl?"
[23:23] * @Makoto lets out an audible sigh of relief. "He loves it." The tall, busty teen replies easily, smiling. "He's tackling it right now. And don't tell me not to worry, Gramma, I love you." She adds reprovingly. "Do you need anything? I'm going out to the dojo tonight, I can come by..."
[23:25] <@Anastasia> "...come by," Gramma decides after a moment, "I want to see you, Mako-chan. It's been too long. Bring a notebook, too. I should give you some more recipes, shouldn't I?" A light laugh at this, "My little Mako-chan's all grown upnow. I should even give her that naughty recipe for rum cake one of the-" A cutoff as she coughs again, a machine like chorus of rasps and hacks.
[23:28] <@Makoto> "I'd love that." Makoto replies, gently, waiting out the coughs nervously, anxious questions on the tip of her tongue...
[23:35] <@Anastasia> The coughs end, heavy breaths taken after. "Good. I have some brownies and a fruit basket ready, too. Let me see your face soon, alright?"
[23:37] <@Makoto> "I will." Makoto promises. "And rest until I get there." She adds, with the solemn intonation of a far-too-grown-up child. "You'll let me make you soup or something when I come right?"
[23:42] <@Anastasia> "Alright, dear," There's a smile, a grandmother's loving smile, in her voice. "I love you, Mako-chan. Chicken noodle? It's what my Mom used to make me..." A long, wistful note in  her voice, someone clealry sofar away from her now.
[23:43] <@Makoto> "Done!" Makoto agrees happily. "I'll pick up the stock on my way over." She agrees, smiling again. "I love you, too. Please do rest? I can't help but worry..."
[23:44] <@Anastasia> "I'm in bed already," A warm laugh that shakes off most of it's illness follows, clearing slightly merely by execution. "I'll be fine, Mako-chan. Not yet, no matter how nostalgic I get. I haven't seen you graduate high school!"
[23:46] <@Makoto> "'kay." Makoto allows herself to be slightly mollified, smiling again as she cradles the phone to her ear. "You're gonna sit with Uncle Taka at my graduation ceremony. I've got the seat picked out, so it's a promise!"
[23:48] <@Anastasia> "Good. Mmmmm. You'll look so pretty that day...mmm. Just get going, Mako-chan. Don't waste time on the phone when you can get over here in person." Gramma laughs a little at the end ofit, only a single cough ending it.
[23:48] <@Makoto> "I'm already there, you just haven't seen me yet!" Makoto enthuses. "But you will really soon. Bye, Gramma!"
[23:49] <@Anastasia> "Bye, Makoto." With that the call is over, time to get over there! OOC - I assume you wanna skip 'head or set yourself up for being over there?
[23:50] <@Makoto> OOC- Just skip ahead. I'm headed to the dojo after, so I'm all casual. The only thing I'd do is pick up soup stock.
[23:52] <@Anastasia> OOC - Okay!
[23:57] <@Anastasia> It's quieter here. The bustle of much of Tokyo relents. An old oak tree, a small koi pond, a driveway with a single oldish, semi used car. So peaceful - the birds even chirp this evening. Only one story, but a story packed full of memories amid it's white painted front. Gramma's house is ahead of Makoto.
[00:05] <@Makoto> Clad simply in jeans and a t-shirt (Which seem to be getting tighter again. Time for another shopping trip. Bleh) And her leather coat from her father, which is getting worn in places, Makoto clutches the bag of chicken stock she bought along the way, and begins to jog to Gramma's house, blushing a little at the bouncing-no, actually, her new bra works pretty well. Thank god. Hurrying up to the door, Makoto raps on it sharply, slippin
[00:06] <@Makoto> Makoto raps on it sharply, slipping off her runners outside the door. "Gramma, I'm here!"  
[00:06] <@Makoto> *Outside the door as she slides it open and calls inside.
[00:08] <@Anastasia> It's several moments, stretching out before the door opens. Gramma Haruna opens up - using a cane to rest on, face somewhat paler than usual. Her eyes are still strong and sharp, and her smile invites Makoto in without a word. "You're really growing up - beat the boys off with a stick yet?"
[00:11] * @Makoto grins as she slips inside, blushing. "Sometimes literally." She replies glibly. "Not as much as you're probably thinking, though."
[00:11] <@Anastasia> "It's a good sign!" A hug is given to Makoto, swooping to embrace her. A long hug, resting against her in bliss and comfort given. "Got a special boy yet?"
[00:15] <@Makoto> Makoto hugs her Gramma back-holding back a little, but still enthusiastically. "There's been some who applied for the job." Makoto replies, wistfully. "I would have gladly given that spot to Sousuke-kun, but he had to move, so I'm still looking." Makoto grins. "What about you? Any distinguished gentlemen come calling?" She teases.
[00:16] <@Anastasia> "Oh Makoto," Gramma just smiles, but backs away, coughing into her hand. IT's a rattly, wet sound, the sort of thing that brings to mind long flu bugs and ventilators.
[00:19] <@Makoto> "Gramma..." Makoto murmurs worriedly. "Come on, you shouldn't be standing around like that..."
[00:20] <@Anastasia> "It's..." A few more coughs before she's right and up, but she doesn't argue as she heads to her kitchen. "I'll just watch you cook, Mako-chan."
[00:21] <@Makoto> "Un." Makoto nods, following Haruna. "How long have you been ill? You seemed fine when I was around last...Was that a month ago already?"
[00:22] <@Anastasia> "Yesterday. These colds are doing the rounds in my bridge club." To the kitchen -a large place, copper pots and wooden chairs. So many memories on that clean, well kept stove. "Just let me watch you cook, Mako-chan."
[00:26] <@Makoto> "Hai hai." Makoto smiles as she enters the kitchen. Funny that it seems so much smaller than when she was five. Still, everything's where she remembers, so she rolls up her sleeves (Metaphorically) and gets to work, slipping off her coat, and smiling as she drapes it over Gramma's shoulders, fussing a bit, and then heading to grab the apron. "Well, at least it's not been long. I already feel bad about not getting to visit as much as I
[00:28] <@Makoto>  "Well, at least it's not been long. I already feel bad about not getting to visit as much as I want to."
[00:29] <@Anastasia> Gramma watches the beginning, another warm layer heating her olden body up to it's core. "I know. But don't feel obligated...but...you talk about your friends with so much energy. They could use a little of Gramma's cooking sometime."
[00:33] <@Makoto> "I don't feel obligated!" Makoto protests, tying on the apron. "I want to!" She adds firmly, heading to retrieve the pots. "Hmm...That's actually a good idea. I bet you'd love Hotaru-chan, and Serenity-sama could probably tell you lots of stories, too."
[00:35] <@Anastasia> "Yes...mmm. Your friends are such a big part of your life, Makoto, and I want to meet that part." Gramma smiles as you work, peaceful, "And I will. Why don't you tell me about them...while you cook?>"
[00:38] <@Makoto> Makoto nods rapidly. "Mmm." she agrees, filling up the pots with water, and letting a little drain out before setting them to a slow boil on the stove, and heading over for the fridge to get vegetables. "Well-You remember the magic tricks I showed you that I can do? All of my friends can do things like that, in their own way. That's sort of how we all met."
[00:39] <@Anastasia> "Such amazing things. The war, the rebuilding, the miracle and now magic. What a life," Haruna just smiles wistfully as she listens, closing her eyes. "Just keep talking. Tell me about that, Makoto."
[00:43] <@Makoto> "Well...Hotaru-chan's a little nervous and insecure. She worries because her magic centers around dark things...but she can heal people when she touches them, too. She's cute, and funny...and she likes to be hugged, and give out hugs, when she gets used to you."
[00:45] <@Anastasia> "Mmm. She sounds like a sweet girl, Mako-chan," Gramma watches the cooking beginning, stopping to cough. "Such a sweet, innocent girl. Nervous? I bet she's a dear underneath that."
[00:47] <@Makoto> "Oh yeah." Makoto nods readily, smiling openly as she prepares the cutting board to chop vegtables. "She fairly hovers when I'm sick, or sad. She's my best friend. There's nothing we wouldn't do for each other." Makoto adds with no small amount of conviction.
[00:48] <@Anastasia> "A best friend is so wonderful to have. Tresure her." Now here is a pause as Gramma coughs lightly, but forges on after. "Keep going. I want to hear all about them, Makoto. Please."
[00:52] <@Makoto> Spices now. Let the Daikon slivers rest in the cinnamon. "Hmm...Who next. Oh, I know. Serenity-sama...She's...well, it's even stranger than my powers, but she used to be a ghost. She was a Queen, a long time ago. She's wise, and has this...serenity. Heh. But she's really sweet, and gentle. She seems to love everyone." Makoto goes on. "Hmm...I'll have to wait until you get better to bring Kochan over...you need to be at your toughest t
[00:55] <@Makoto> "Hmm...I'll have to wait until you get better to bring Kochan over...you need to be at your toughest to survive her."
[00:56] <@Anastasia> "They both sound wonderful," Gramma says as she enjoys her lull, only coughing a bit as she rests. "They both sound wonderful."
[01:02] <@Makoto> "That's a good word to describe her." Makoto smiles. "Kochan's wonderful too, but she's...exuberant. Like a tornado. She's had some hard times, too...Her mom died when she was little, and her dad was...bleh. And she's a really good friend, so I try and look after her if she needs it...She eats too much junk food." Makoto makes a face as she begins adding soup stock to the water, and spicing it with Oregano and thyme. "We even got to c
[01:04] <@Makoto> "We even got to calling each other 'Sis' Somewhere..." Makoto admits, embarrassedly.
[01:04] <@Anastasia> "Mmmm. You understand each other...if she lost her mother." The plain truth is stated there, even as Gramma smiles even more. "Do that - don't let her gain weight or she'll never get a boyfriend."
[01:09] <@Makoto> "Oh, I don't think she'll gain weight." Makoto murmurs wryly. "She moves like a hummingbird. She's definitely not getting proper nutrition, though. Mmm...Let's see. Ooh. Ami-chan, you'd love her. She's quiet, and sweet...and SMART...I wish I could introduce you to her, but she's going to Germany for schooling..."
[01:09] <@Anastasia> "OOooh, that's good for her. Seeing the world at such a young age and making so many memories. I'll have to meet her when she comes back." More words as she sniffs the air, "It smells good, Mako-chan."
[01:12] <@Makoto> "Definitely." Makoto nods, and smiles at the second comment. "I had a good teacher. This is your recipe." She grins. Sweet onions, noodles, and a little chicken to go at the bottom of the noodles for added flavor. "Hmm. I think You'd like Usagi-chan. She's really nice. And pretty, too. I'd be jealous if the whole effect wasn't so disconcerting. Serenity-sama's her role model, and she's getting there. A bit clumsy, though."
[01:13] <@Anastasia> "Mmmm. She sounds nice as well - and I imagine she'll grow out of it." A series of coughs, rough and nasty. "Is it...nearly done?"
[01:15] <@Makoto> "Almost." Makoto jumps and turns to look. "Simmer for a bit, and it's good. And I'm starting some tea. That sounded terrible," Makoto frets, pulling out a kettle, and beginning to fill it.
[01:18] <@Anastasia> "I'll be alright," Haruna cautions, coughing again and disproving herself.  
[01:19] <@Makoto> "Gramma..." Makoto reproves. "You'd want me to work hard at getting better and take it easy if I was sick, so don't hide it..."
[01:21] <@Anastasia> "Makoto, I'm..." A pause as she coughs once more, before relenting. "Is the tea and soup ready yet," she asks plantatively.
[01:23] * @Makoto frowns and checks the soup. Hopefully it's ready, after all that, but the tea needs time to boil. Anxiousness bubbles up as she tries to hurry a little...
[01:24] <@Anastasia> It is.
[01:24] <@Anastasia> OOC - Gah.
[01:24] <@Anastasia> It is. It's ready and fragrant, smelling like it's came out fine.
[01:27] <@Makoto> "All done." Makoto announces, fishing out a bowl, and hurrying to serve Haruna, noting the spoons are still about. Lucky! One western style serving of Chicken Noodle soup with Japanese touches later, Makoto glances at the kettle as she hurries right back to the cupboards to find teabags.
[01:29] <@Anastasia> "It smells just divine!" Fond words as you find teabags without incident, Haruna sounding interested. Her nose is telling her that much!
[01:33] <@Makoto> "Your body is telling you you need it." Makoto smiled as she locates the oolong tea and starts preparing it as the kettle whistles, mixing it and bringing it over, as well.
[01:34] <@Anastasia> So taken food and drink, Haruna smiles. "Makoto, thank you for taking care of this old woman," she murmurs, bowing her head.
[01:37] <@Makoto> "Awww..." Makoto smiles a little. "You've taken care of me for how long, now? I love being able to show I care, too." She replies earnestly. "Mou, but I have to admit, I am really worried. You're going to see a doctor, right?"
[01:41] <@Anastasia> "Yes, I am. I'll just settle for you until tomorrow morning." The smile on her face says it all - happy and glad to see Makoto, as she is fed soup and begins to hopefully recover under her care?
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Halbarad

[09:55] <@Kotono> ---Arc 2 setup go!---
[10:07] <@Kotono> Afterschool again! Early November is a time for ...well, getting the hell out of school! This is an old legend not contested by any - school can sure suck! So on escape from this dreary, rainy day, Takeshi has the freedom to do what he wants. The chance to go home, as even a bit of sunshine threatens to peek out amid the mild drizle.
[10:09] * +Takeshi grabs some paper towels before heading out of the school. Rainy days are always fun for riding, but with the afternoon off... hmm. Maybe he can run over to the library to start his research on the Juuban Angels. Beats sitting at home with nothing to do, anyway.
[10:14] <@Kotono> So off Takeshi goes! The trip to the Juuban Public Library is mercifully without incident beyond the drizzling rain. On reaching there, you find quiet halls and lots of books, as well as these newfangled computers as well as a Dewey Decimel System to aid you. Oh, a librarian, too, but she's kinda old and crusty.
[10:15] * +Takeshi avoids the librarian - for now, at least - and heads over to find the periodicals section. Old newspapers will probably be his best bet, although it may take a while to go through the catalog.
[10:20] <@Kotono> It's a large circular clearing with lots of stuffed chairs and rack after rack of magazines, as well as an old newspaper viewer. One other person is here, pouring over technology magazines and taking notes. Nice looking girl if very average, with a brown pageboy cut and wearing jeans and a black T-shirt. She even glances up at you as you walk in, smiling nicely enough.
[10:22] * +Takeshi nods to the girl, heading over the microfilm viewer. Remembering from the news report that the girls first showed up in the summer of 1992, he selects the appropriate reel from the case and loads it into the viewer, starting to skim the old newspaper articles for anything related to the mysterious Angels.
[10:28] <@Kotono> This takes about twenty minutes. As the time passes and the girl scribbles away page after page of notes, you finally find something. A vague mention of 'extreme cosplayers' a few times, then pictures - of a wounded Mercury, of a hazy battle with Sailor Jupiter.
[10:29] * +Takeshi frowns a bit as he examines the pictures, taking to time to print them off the machine - they might be black and white newspaper photos, but it's the only physical representation of the girls he's seen so far, and having it around for a reference might help. Not that it's something to look FORWARD to, but if it jogs his memories...
[10:32] <@Kotono> OOC - Going to give the pictures a serious once over?
[10:32] <+Takeshi> OOC - Yup, trying to see if any details ring any bells.
[10:32] <@Kotono> OOc - Mind check +1
[10:33] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6+1
[10:33] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6+1 and gets 9." [2d6=4, 4]
[10:35] <@Kotono> No good as you go to run off thie mages. Behind you is that woman, getting some pictures of computers ran off. She happens to glacne down at your work, even crackign a smile. "Hey, looking up old stories," she asks curiously.
[10:36] <+Takeshi> "Mmm, yeah," Takeshi says, a bit distracted as he scans the articles for any places the girls might have appeared in particular. Not his favorite thing in the world to do, but getting firsthand accounts will probably beat newspaper articles for information.
[10:38] <@Kotono> "Good stuff. I remember all of that...since I don't have much ELSE to remember at the time," she mutters that last part to herself, making a face "I didn't think anyone was still interested."
[10:39] <+Takeshi> That gets Takeshi's attention. "You met them or something?" he says, swiveling in his chair to give the woman a look of intense curiosity.
[10:47] <@Kotono> She blinks once before holding her hands up! A blush covers her face! "N-no way. I just remember the stories is all.  Yeesh, you really are a fan."
[10:49] * +Takeshi settles down a bit at that. "I only heard about them for the first time a few days ago," he says, his face assuming a more neutral expression.
[10:50] <@Kotono> "Really? Then why all the interest - it's just old news." Now that the Xerox is open she goes to start printing and copying. "I mean, are you that bored or do you have any other interests? Heh, if you're that desperate I know some places around here! ...or that poor?" she wonders to herself.
[10:54] <+Takeshi> "It's... a more personal interest," Takeshi says quietly, his face introspective. "Finding out who they are is probably out of the question - there's barely even a mention of them here. But I would like to know more about what they did and why. Probably just as impossible to know, but I'm going to give it a try."
[10:56] <@Kotono> "Mmm. Why all the interest? Seriously?" Leaning back on the Xerox as it works, you notice she looks far more interested now. Serious, too. "It's just old news. That's out there."
[10:58] * +Takeshi shrugs. "Like I said, I have personal reasons for wanting to find out about them. I'm not an obsessed fan, if that's what you were thinking," he adds with a snort. "Just... it's hard to explain."
[10:59] <@Kotono> "Try me," she bats back without a pause - eyes narrowing rather quickly, not too much but enough to give you a good peer over.
[11:00] <@Kotono> A moment alter the Xerox finishes, a turn back to gather them up. "It's just strange. Nevermind, it's probably none of my business, is it?"
[11:01] * +Takeshi remains silent to the first question, his face not betraying anything. "Like I said, it's something I need to find out for myself."
[11:07] <@Kotono> "Hey, whatever floats your boat," When she turns around, she's all smiles. "'least itk eeps you in good shape?"
[11:09] * +Takeshi snorts. "Yeah." He looks up at the woman as she departs, getting a good look at her face - he's not the only one who seems unusually interested here. From what she just had to say she's probably not too likely to tell him anything more than she has, but might not be a bad idea to remember her.
[11:10] <@Kotono> "Heh," So she turns and goes off, but glances. "...say. You aren't into the martial arts or anything," she asks idly.
[11:12] <+Takeshi> "Quite a bit, actually, why?" Takeshi raises an eyebrow.
[11:13] <@Kotono> There's a pause as the woman wrestles with something, befoer she nods. "No, I just wondered if you might be. I know a good dojo."
[11:14] <+Takeshi> "Mmm," Takeshi replies, pondering for a moment. "Where is it? Been looking for a good place to start studying since I moved to Juuban."
[11:15] <@Kotono> "Taka's Dojo," Instructions follow - you know where that is. "As for a 'Taka' - I forget his full name but he'll know what you're talking about, or a Makoto. Tell 'em Janna sent you for some lessons or whatever."
[11:17] <+Takeshi> "Will do," Takeshi replies. "Thanks for the tip."
[11:17] <@Kotono> "Sure," With that Janna leaves you be, letting Takeshi get back to his own devices.
[11:18] * +Takeshi turns back to the microfilm printer, figuring that he can print out the rest of the articles' contents and peruse them at his leisure for now. This dojo's caught his curiosity now, especially given the source of the information. Just why was she so curious as to his reasons for looking into the white-suited girls?
[11:21] <@Kotono> OOC - Did you wanna mvoe onto the dojo, old one?
[11:22] <+Takeshi> OOC - Aye!
[11:24] <@Kotono> So Takeshi goes! It's quite a nice surprise - a wide dojo hall in the last of the rain. It's open doored to let the fresh air in, a group of young children going through exercises in their cute little gi's. A tall girl with an amazing figure leads them energetically as you watch, a somewhat older, stern faced man with crossed arms watchign from near the door.
[11:26] * +Takeshi watches the practice for a few moments, not wanting to interrupt a lesson that's in progress.
[11:36] <@Kotono> So it goes on, untilt he class breaks. It looks chaotic, young children quickly reigned in and filed back to change. "Good session," the older man calls.
[11:37] * +Takeshi steps forward as the class ends, chuckling as the children scatter. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a Taka or a Makoto?" He glances between the pair uncertainly.
[11:38] * @Makoto looks up at Uncle Taka and waves, grinning as she acknowledges the call, herding the children out for the moment.
[11:39] <@Kotono> "Speaking," The older man takes it smoothly as Makoto works. "Can I help you?" A look over, his critical eye seeming to like what it finds.
[11:39] <+Takeshi> "I've been looking for a place to train, and I was referred here by a friend of yours, I think - name of Janna." Takeshi explains.
[11:41] <@Kotono> "Mmmm. Oh yes," Taka nods once to that, and raising his voice, "Makoto, come here when you're done."
[11:42] <@Makoto> "Gotcha!" Makoto calls back. "Oi! Hiro, you change with the -boys-..." She demands of an unseen child, to the laughter of many.
[11:45] <+Takeshi> "Are you Taka-sensei, then?" Takeshi inquires, giving the man a slight bow. "Takeshi Eiryo," he adds, by way of introduction.
[11:46] <@Kotono> "I am." Taking the bow, he also offers his hand out western style. "What can I help you with today?  I appreciate the formality if you're looking for something"
[11:49] * +Takeshi shakes the proffered hand, smiling a bit. "I've moved to Juuban recently and so I haven't been able to keep up with my martial arts training. I'd been looking for a few weeks, but hadn't seen anywhere that really caught my eye so far. Then I got the recommendation for your dojo, and figured I could at least come and check it out."
[11:54] <@Makoto> After a time, Makoto re-emerges, as the first of the children dressed in street clothes exit, and she trots over to the two men, a curious look on her face. As she gets closer, one can see that tall isn't really the word. She could look most any teenage boy eye to eye, and the full, bouncy ponytail streaming down to the small of her back makes her look even taller. It's almost worth staring-(cont)
[11:54] <@Makoto> And that's not all that might provoke a stare. Long, LONG legs, and the way her gi is belted emphasises a lot of curves...no small accomplishment in a heavy martial arts outfit. Her curious expression is lively and cute, wide green eyes that linger on Takeshi, with hints of an up and down movement hint that she might find some of that in him, too. "What's up?"
[11:55] <@Kotono> "New student looking for a dojo," Taka shakes the hand back firmly. "Makoto, would you give hima  demonstration, as well as figure out where he stands?"
[11:58] * +Takeshi gives the girl an appreciative examination, although he does try to keep it polite - as he'd said to Hotaru, he'd gotten a few stares himself and knew that it could be uncomfortable if overdone.
[11:58] <@Makoto> "Oh..." Makoto nods a little, and scrutinizes the boy...enjoying the sight, but with a slightly professional edge, before offering her hand. "So, um. Let's get to it. I'm Makoto Kino. What style do you practice?"
[11:58] <+Takeshi> "Mostly judo, although I've had training in karate and aikido as well," Takeshi replies, shaking Makoto's hand as well. "Takeshi Eiryo, by the way."
[11:59] <@Kotono> Taka stands back, crossing his arms and watching again.
[12:00] <@Makoto> "Mmm. Are you familiar with Kempo?" Makoto asks, making a beckoning gesture, and heading the middle of the dojo. "That's the root style, here."
[12:01] <+Takeshi> "Not particularly, but I'm open to learn just about anything," Takeshi replies. "I have a few tricks of my own that I haven't really seen in any other style, so I'll take whatever I can learn."
[12:02] <@Makoto> "Well, a good attitude's the best foundation." Makoto replies with a smile. "I'll show you some of the basic Kata, and then we'll spar, to give you an idea of what goes on, and how to use it. Fair enough?"
[12:03] * +Takeshi nods. "Sounds simple enough," Takeshi replies, stepping back to give Makoto room.
[12:08] * @Makoto nods, and takes a deep breath, starting with the horse stance. Bracing herself, Makoto bursts into motion. Punches, kicks...it all looks terribly basic and simple until she moves on. The Cat stance heralds an acceleration in her movement, and extremely complex Kata are shown to the newcomer-in fact, one might suspect she was showing off. Her leaps are nearly to the dojo roof, and her body shows no sign of being hindered by her...a
[12:08] <@Makoto> her...assets. Finally, she ends on a T-stance, and looks up at Takeshi.
[12:10] * +Takeshi watches with more of a scientific look than anything else, nodding at a few points and looking pensive at a few others. The leaps in particular earn a slight frown, but no further comment is offered until the kata is completed. "Looks to be percussive, mainly. And very, very mobile."
[12:12] <@Makoto> "Primarly." Makoto nods. "If a student is weak in any area, we adapt other disciplines to make up the differences. Our womens self defense classes are about a fifty-fifty blend of Aikido and Kempo, actually."
[12:14] <+Takeshi> "Good plan," Takeshi comments, nodding. "Women tend to be well-suited for throwing arts in general." He chuckles. "Although you look like you break the rule on that yourself."
[12:16] * @Makoto smiles openly, blushing. "Well, I've been practicing since I was four. I ought to be stronger than most girls." She demurs, and moves on. "Ready to try me out-? I...That didn't come out quite right." She frowns.
[12:17] <+Takeshi> That gets a bit more of a laugh. "If you don't mind me fighting without a gi," Takeshi replies easily, slipping off his shoes. "I only got the recommendation today, so I didn't exactly come prepared."
[12:18] <@Makoto> Makoto shakes her head. "Not a problem. For an impromtu match, discipline can be relaxed." For half of what she says, Takeshi gets the impression that she's quoting someone...
[12:19] <+Takeshi> "Very well," Takeshi says, his expression becoming more serious. Heading out to join Makoto on the mat, he pauses a moment, bowing low at the edge of the tatami before stepping onto it. "Ready whenever you are."
[12:21] <@Makoto> Makoto nods, bowing solemnly in return before straightening up. "Come at me anytime." She offers, grinning and bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet before settling into a stance.
[12:22] * +Takeshi takes a very solid-looking stance. "As you wish!" With no further ado, he drives a straight punch directly at Makoto's midsection, figuring to start things off simple until he has a better idea of his opponent's tactics.
[12:22] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:22] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=5, 3]
[12:24] * @Makoto looks briefly startled at Takeshi's speed, and twists, slapping out with a wrist block to deflect.
[12:24] <@Makoto> roll 2d6
[12:24] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 5." [2d6=2, 3]
[12:27] <@Makoto> The punch sails wide as Makoto slips to the side, resolve firming as the fight begins in earnest!
[12:27] <@Makoto> roll 1d6+9
[12:27] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 1d6+9 and gets 14." [1d6=5]
[12:27] * +Takeshi seems unsurprised at the deflection - the girl looked more than good enough to deal with something so simple. He nods to his opponent - should be a good fight.
[12:27] <+Takeshi> 1d6+9
[12:27] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 1d6+9 and gets 14." [1d6=5]
[12:30] <@Makoto> The fact that Makoto's style is built heavily around mobility is highlighted again as she dives in almost immediately, dropping low and attempting to upend Takeshi with a footsweep!
[12:30] <@Makoto> roll 2d6
[12:30] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=5, 4]
[12:30] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:30] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 4." [2d6=3, 1]
[12:31] * +Takeshi hops lightly over the attempted sweep, landing in a standing side kick as he thrusts his foot out to catch Makoto in her center once again!
[12:31] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:31] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 12." [2d6=6, 6]
[12:32] <+Takeshi> Unfortunately, he misjudges his landing, his lone foot not finding purchase on the tatami as he goes down with a grunt. "Stupid," he mutters to himself.
[12:33] * @Makoto smothers a grin, standing and waiting for him to collect himself. "It happens." she offers kindly.
[12:34] <+Takeshi> "Yeah," Takeshi says with a grumble, proving that he's not all that immobile himself as he springs to his feet with a quick backflip.
[12:35] <@Makoto> roll 1d6+9
[12:35] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 1d6+9 and gets 14." [1d6=5]
[12:35] <+Takeshi> 1d6+9
[12:35] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 1d6+9 and gets 14." [1d6=5]
[12:37] <@Makoto> Makoto takes the inititave, rushing Takeshi, and with a sharp pivot of her hips, snaps out at about chest level with her own side kick!
[12:37] <@Makoto> roll 2d6
[12:37] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=2, 6]
[12:37] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:37] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=4, 4]
[12:39] * +Takeshi doesn't even grunt as the foot lands, although he does react to it. Reaching for the ankle and leg so kindly presented to him, he attempts to twist it out of position!
[12:39] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:39] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=1, 6]
[12:43] <@Makoto> Before he can do so, Makoto kicks off with her other leg, attempting to stamp herself free, using that rock hard chest as a kickoff point!
[12:43] <@Makoto> roll 2d6-2
[12:43] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6-2 and gets 4." [2d6=2, 4]
[12:44] <@Makoto> And it works! Takeshi's grip spoiled by the other leg, Makoto flips off his chest into a nearby crouch!
[12:45] * +Takeshi releases quickly as his hold fails, not wanting to get jerked off-balance by Makoto's escape. "Nice move," he says with a slight smile, still wary as he awaits the brunette's next maneuver.
[12:46] <@Makoto> "I've practiced that. Too many times." She replies, ruefully. "Getting your face planted in the floor is good incentive. You're not so bad, either."
[12:47] <+Takeshi> "Thanks," Takeshi says shortly. "And it's amazing how much of an incentive pain makes."
[12:49] <@Makoto> "Surprised much of anything could hurt you. You feel like kicking a tree trunk." Makoto adds, with nary even a gasp as she darts in and aims a straight punch at Takeshi's chin.
[12:49] <@Makoto> roll 2d6
[12:49] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 6." [2d6=3, 3]
[12:50] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:50] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 5." [2d6=3, 2]
[12:50] * +Takeshi simply rolls to the side, attempting to grab Makoto's fist in a wrist lock as her fist flies past the spot where his face resided mere moments ago!
[12:50] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:50] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=4, 4]
[12:51] <@Makoto> roll 2d6-1
[12:51] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6-1 and gets 5." [2d6=2, 4]
[12:53] <@Makoto> She has quick hands, though! She slithers past the lock and drives an open palm underneath his sternum, clearly taking the 'knock them over if you can't bruise them' approach!
[12:53] <@Makoto> roll 2d6
[12:53] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 3." [2d6=2, 1]
[12:54] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:54] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 5." [2d6=1, 4]
[12:54] * +Takeshi moves like a snake himself, though, ducking under the strike - and Makoto's center - as he bulls in, attempting a shoulder toss.
[12:54] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:55] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=5, 5]
[12:55] <+Takeshi> But he stumbles, merely managing to duck under the blow without gaining any momentum of his own.
[12:56] <@Makoto> Makoto sidesteps, and aims a roundhouse kick at Takeshi's rear as he passes, for reasons that could best be described as questionable!
[12:56] <@Makoto> roll 2d6
[12:56] * +Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 6." [2d6=2, 4]
[12:56] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[12:56] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 11." [2d6=6, 5]
[12:57] * +Takeshi catches the blow full in the rump, sent sprawling by the blow. "Damn, I'm out of practice," he growls angrily, rolling back to his feet quickly.
[12:59] <@Makoto> "It's not so bad...It's part of martial arts to capitalize on missteps, but they happen for all kinds of reasons. Just learn how to turn them to your advantage."
[12:59] * @Makoto bounces lightly, making a beckoning gesture as she offers him the initiative.
[13:00] <+Takeshi> "I'm aware of the theory," Takeshi says, taking a breath to center himself. Going for a feint, he lashes out with a fist towards Makoto's face, only to turn it into a spin as he drives his other elbow towards the busty brunette's stomach!
[13:00] <+Takeshi> roll 2d6
[13:00] * +Hatbot --> "Takeshi rolls 2d6 and gets 12." [2d6=6, 6]
[13:01] <+Takeshi> But once again, his feet catch against one another, and he plants his face on the mat.
[13:02] * @Makoto bites her lip hard to surpress a snicker. After all, she wouldn't want someone laughing at her fumbles. She approaches him and crouches a little. "You okay?" She asks kindly,
[13:03] <+Takeshi> "No," Takeshi replies, clearly angry. "I think I'd better call it quits before I embarrass myself any further, though. That was... bah."
[13:05] <@Makoto> "Hey, C'mon." Makoto offers Takeshi a hand up. "Don't be like that. Everyone has off days...or weeks, or even years. I have, especially. Just look at it as something you can devote yourself to improving. In martial arts, there's always something you can do to improve, so beating yourself up is pointless."
[13:08] <+Takeshi> "I've had my moments, but this is hardly a decent demonstration of what I can do," Takeshi replies, standing under his own power. "Not the first impression I want to give to a prospective teacher at all."
[13:09] <@Makoto> "If you were perfect, we wouldn't have much to teach you. You're no slouch." Makoto assures the sullen boy easily.
[13:10] <@Kotono> "You're fairly good, even if that was rusty," Taka calls from watching, coming over now, arms still crossed.
[13:11] <@Makoto> "See?" Makoto smiles. "Seriously, ease up." Her smile turns serious. "Being too hard on yourself will hurt you in the long run. It nearly killed me a few times."
[13:11] * +Takeshi bows to the older man. "Forgive my poor performance, sensei. I'm out of practice, but those kinds of mistakes were inexcusable." He gives Makoto a wry smile. "I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm in a lot worse shape than I thought if I'm making mistakes most beginners do."
[13:12] <@Makoto> "Then at least you know what needs work." Makoto offers cheerfully.
[13:13] <+Takeshi> "Maybe so, but I can't afford childish mistakes like that," Takeshi replies quietly, his face unusually serious. "They cost too much."
[13:14] <@Makoto> "That's why you practice." Makoto replies, knowingly. "Better to get those out of your system now than when they'll cost you."
[13:16] <+Takeshi> "They already have," Takeshi mutters, barely on the edge of Makoto's hearing. Turning to Taka, he bows low once again. "I leave it to your judgement, sensei. If you aren't willing to train me, I can understand completely."
[13:17] * @Makoto rolls her eyes, intrigued by the whisper, sighing a little over the Dramatics. *Was I this bad?* She wonders, looking over to Uncle Taka for a verdict.
[13:19] <@Kotono> Uncle Taka smiles at Makoto before he nods. "Of course your'e welcome here. There's a lot of talent, even if you've had a bad showing. For now, mmmm. What class do you think he should be in, Mako? He's talented, I'll say that."
[13:22] <@Makoto> "He is." Makoto agrees, giving him a sidelong look. "Mmm. I think he could hold his own practicing with the advanced classes, but until he gets a grounding in Kempo under his belt, the Mens beginners would be the best place to learn."
[13:24] <@Kotono> "Then we'll start there. Welcome, Takeshi," His hand is extended out again, offered.
[13:25] * +Takeshi nods to both. "Whatever you think is appropriate," he says, inwardly cringing a bit - but then again, he was acting like a beginner out there. "Thank you, Taka-sensei, and Kino-san as well. I hope I won't disappoint you in future." He shakes Taka's hand, now looking more embarrassed than angry.
[13:27] * @Makoto stifles the urge to roll her eyes again, and just smiles. *Boys. Geez...* "You'll do fine." She offers confidently.
[13:28] <+Takeshi> "I hope so," Takeshi sighs. "My last sensei would have strung me up by my toenails for a showing that poor. Thank you for taking it so well."
[13:29] <@Kotono> "You'll get better. You can't let yourself be mired in your failures too long." With that word of wisdom Taka nods and goes, "I have to prepare for the next class now."
[13:31] <@Makoto> "Really. Apply that determination to your forms, and you'll be moving up the classes in a matter of weeks." Makoto offers, kindly, but seriously. "I'm not kidding, you know. I've been through it. Harping on your own mistakes will tangle your potential." She waves and smiles at her uncle as he goes.
[13:32] <+Takeshi> "Easier said than done sometimes, but I know what you're saying," Takeshi replies, a slightly distant look on his face. 'Kind of hard when your mistakes decide to remind you themselves when you sleep,' he fails to vocalize. "I'll work on it."
[13:33] <@Makoto> "All you can do." Makoto agrees, smiling a little. "I've got to head to work in a few. I'll see you around soon, then?"
[13:34] <+Takeshi> "All right," Takeshi says, managing to give Makoto a smile in return. "Thanks again for your help - and when should I head back to start classes?"
[13:36] <@Makoto> "Anytime." Makoto smiles. "Come by when you're free, and Uncle Taka will organize a schedule for you that suits." She smiles, brighting a little as Takeshi seems to lighten up.
[13:38] <+Takeshi> "All right, I will," Takeshi says, nodding to Makoto. "Anyway, if you need to get to work, I won't keep you - know how that goes. I suppose I'll see you later, Kino-san." Sketching a quick bow, he waves before heading off, still mentally cursing himself for his lackluster performance - although with a bit less vigor than usual. They do have a point, after all...
[13:39] * @Makoto gives a casual wave, watching him go, hands on hips and smirking a little, before turning away and heading off to shower...
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.