Arc 2 setup log: Asher

Started by Anastasia, August 19, 2006, 04:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

This happens shortly before Arc 2. Mostlyf eeling out Asher's glorious, delicious...family. Yes, family.

> ---Arc 2 setup Asher go! Good luck and let's feel it out!---
> Aaaah work! The bookstore is exactly how one would imagine it to be. It's packed with literary tomes, shelves that reach past your head and look ready to leak knowledge and reading. Mokou at the moment lightly reads a book, keeping half an eye on Laggy and half on the front door. A quiet afternoon at work so far...? Sure, there's a blonde girl at the front door, coming in and making the welcome chime jangle, but that's probably nothing.
> *Asher
* Asher raises his eyes from the collection of magazines organized haphazardly that he was working on, a mishmash of misordered prints that the last few minutes have been dedicated to fixing - on his knees. The newcomer isn't anyone he recognizes, and Mokou generally helps out her dear customers anyway, so he says nothing and continues to shuffle along. Shuffle, flip, glance, stack, place back in. Repeat.
> The blonde girl is a hair on the short side, but wearing one of those fancy school uniforms. It's gray - T*A, you think. She's humming to herself and rushing about in a tizzy, waving to Mokou briefly. "Hiya," she calls in a near sing song, looking about - and settling her eyes on Asher. "Hi!" she perks up even more. "Say, can you help me," she darts to his side, "I'm looking for books on the supernatural or anything cool like crop circles or stonehenge or diametic psychic readings or something lik ethat, so do you know where you keep those books, huh, and if you have any spellbooks that would be great or scrolls or anything, huh?!"
> crop circles or stonehenge or diametic psychic readings or something lik ethat, so do you know where you keep those books, huh, and if you have any spellbooks that would be great or scrolls or anything, huh?!" Mmm, she's pretty - soft and reasonably round in the right places(But not that big, really. Passable.) and with nice legs. Kinda cute, bordering on really pretty.
<Asher> "Um." His face remains impressively impassive, gathering himself up even as one of his eyes dart instinctively over to Mokou - knowing that in all likelihood she'd be enjoying every moment of this. For an old lady, she could be horrifically sadistic. The girl's words washed over him, but he'd seen all sorts of types in this place. "We keep our supernatural and theological literature in a section over here..." Standing up to his full height, he ges
<Asher> --gestured over to the appropriate section and started to lead towards it. His eyes were artfully diverted from the hyperactive soul, glancing at the books lined up on the shelves to make sure his memory served right.
> She's grinning discreetly, covering her face with her book as she slowly gets up. She's in no hurry,b ut she's sure incomign!
> *incoming.
<Asher> "Right, over here..." He turned back to face the girl with a dutiful smile but nothing else written on his face. Just a want to find a distraction, like getting back to work. He wasn't used to dealing with the customers all that much; that was Mokou's role. "Anything in particular that you're looking for?"
> "Ooooh!" She bobs her head up and down, looking Asher over veeeery carefully. With a flash she grabs his hand, blushing! "Oh, you can help me find what I'm looking for over there, huh?" So she says, voice dripping honey.
<Asher> This girl is weird. Weirder than most. He flinched back slightly from her sudden move, but retained his composure. Mokou was going to tease him for -hours- for this. "A little bit. I've seen most of the books in the store..."
> "THen let's go!" Like a buzzsaw she zips along, seemingly quite content with trying to drag poor Asher along! As she does, beelining to her target, "So you work here, huh, and I'm sure you see a lot of those supernatural books or cool thigns like thatand since you're cute you can help mer-erk, I mean that you can help me and find some really awesome books, huh?"
<Asher> Whawhoawaithey! Asher's face goes from impasse to surprise as he gets forcefully dragged along, albeit he's not rude nor stupid enough to resist. The customer comes first, or something like that. Gathering his wits, he makes an attempt to reply to the thousand-words-per-minute speech of the girl. "Well, um, I don't see that much and I don't read a whole lot... I just have a general idea here and there..."
> "O, don't be so modest, I bet you know all about it, huh, and how about you join my supernatural club and you'd be the first male member and it would be so awesome and you'd take me on a date and it would be cool an then we'd get back to my porch and gently ...well, you know and then next week we'd...!!!!" Kotono stops as she comes to the area so directed to, whipping blonde hair flying.
<Asher> Asher is now gracing the girl with a low stare. There is nothing but stunned disbelief on his face as he tries to digest what she said, and then what she said, and then... no, wait, it's much easier to just not even try. Shaking his head and looking back over at the shelves, he allows himself the briefest of sighs. "Um. Yeah. Sure. Look, if there's anything interesting here, Mokou-san would know far more about it than I would, so..." He looks for
<Asher>  the old lady in a valiant attempt to escape this. And slooooowly tiptoeing away back to that magazine stack earlier. It seems so much more welcoming right now.
<Asher> What a weird girl.
> Mokou keeps a steady pace, approaching as Asher desperately looks about for life and salvation. Her smile is sunny and relaxed, like a predator about to get a nice meal. "Oh, you've taken a shine to Asher," she asks, a little knowing tease there.
> Meanwhile the girl holds your hand, as her other starts grabbing a book - a bible - and cracks it open. "Oooh, read this one - it's kinda cool, but I wish it did more of the info stuff, you know? It's like reading God's biography without footnotes!"
<Asher> That was an excellent cue for Asher to duck behind a shelf and avoid all human contact for the rest of the day. Or so he hopes. Back to work!
<Asher> Oh.
<Asher> Well, if she wasn't still holding onto his hand.
<Asher> So instead, he just sort of tries to test just how long his arm can stretch as he struggles between the moral dilemma of being a bit forceful with a customer and getting the heck away.
> That is a problem! "Ooooh...he's just..." The girl blushes, "Hi! I'm Kotono Sarashima! But...what's your name," she bats her eyelashes at Laggy. "C'mon, you can tell me as we read one of the really awesome and cool books here, righta, dn we'll then talk about it and do all sorts of things!"
> *Asher
<Asher> "I.. um, really have to get back to work." He's not being so much shy as he is desperate to get out of this snare that he's trapped in. But one look at Mokou's gaze and his face slumps into defeat - she's not going to let him get away this easily. "O-oh. Asher. Asher Shinsei." The words lack any sort of enthuisiasm whatsoever.
> "Mmm." Tapping her lips, "Asher, go back to those magazines," she decides at last, "Kotono, is it? I'll help you with this a moment," Gently coming to block the way between Asher and Kotono, "We'll be back in a couple, Asher."
<Asher> His face screws up in consternation, but he jumps on it, gently breaking away from the girl's grip and getting back to work.
> "Asher Shinsei...Kotono S-Ack!" Kotono is stopped by Mokou's interference, blinking at the older, gray haired woman. "Um, okay, well, it' snice to get help from you but well, you know?"
> Off Asher goes! A nice longish respite - it's nearly ten minutes. Kotono is kept back, getting nito quieter and quieter chats with Mokou, the two putting their heads together.
<Asher> This is not a good sign, but the boy remains blissfully unaware as he doesn't dare to even peek in their direction, engrossing himself entirely with the invigorating task of alphabetizing these magazines. Soon enough, the job is done and he moves on to another shelf, one conveniently on the other side of the bookstore.
> "Asher, come over here!" That's Mokou, calling just as you get good and settled into work.
<Asher> Well. There's only one way to respond to that, and it's almost automatic. "Yes, Mokou-san." A good, obedient voice as he stands up, squares his shoulders and moves over.
> On returning, Mokou is standing back, Kotono in front of her. Her eyes are shining, hands twitching. "Oh...Asher!" she gushes, "Is it true your swordsmanship is like magic and you're a great student and you can do reallyc ool stuff with a sword and that you practice in the evenings and it's really cool and awesome and you're just cute too and and and and..." Kotono hyperventilates, needing a moment to stop cold.
> Mokou just smiles knowingly. "He's a good young man," is all she sais.
> *says
<Asher> Practice. It's a good thing. Especially when controlling your expression. Asher is the face of utter impassivity. More to the point, this isn't exactly something that Mokou hasn't pulled before. He just forces that smile again and looks over to the old maid. "Did you need me to do something, Mokou-san...?"
> "I wanna see your sword and swordwork," Kotono blurts out, face crumbling into hopeful expectation, nearly pouncing on poor Asher! "If it's magical or cool or just really awesome I have to see, since I know someonet hat does that thing and she'sr eally good at it and it's cool and I wanna see, please, please please and maybe I'll even get a towel for you when you're done?"
> OOC - Body check, Asher.
<Asher> roll 2d6
* Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 12."12 [2d6=6, 6]
> Kyah! Asher is glommed onto waist first, Kotono rubbing her face into Asher's lower chest! This is clearly a problem for balance - Kotono+Asher+direct impact=fall over! Right onto his back, the wind knocked from his lungs! (2 damage. Poor Asher!)
> Kotono looks on, face level with yours and hair hanging around her as she's on top of Asher.
<Asher> That wasn't any good for the shelf right behind him, either. Or the books. The heavy books. The ones that fall. On his face. And everywhere else. Ow ow ow ow ow.
<Asher> Asher tenses audibly and sucks back in the scream he so wants to let out right now, twitching.
> The rain of books bonks Kotono as well, flattening her right into Asher's face! "OW!" she yelps, as both boy and girl are book beaned! (3 damage to Kotono, 1 to Asher due to cover. Ow.)
> "Oh my," Mokou just sighs dramatically. "How...forward and ill omened at the same time..."
<Asher> "Tch..." Trying to shake off the pain, Asher slowly shifts his feet to push himself back up from against the floor, his hands slowly brushing away the few books that have managed to land themselves on both him and the figure practically on top of him. His face is flushed, but more from the incident than the current situation.
<Asher> He shakily gathers himself, trying to help Kotono up as well. "I'm sorry... are you alright?" There's no trace of resentment, just a weariness.
> "Ow, ow, ow!" Kotono whimpers as she slowly crawls up, rubbing at her head and making a half teary face. "I'm fine, that just really hurt, you know, and I'm glad at least I'll only have a bump or two for a few ho-er, days!"
> "Oh Asher." Mokou shakes her head again, "Why don't you clean up this mess, hm?"
<Asher> "I --" his words broke off and he quickly shift gears. "Yes, Mokou-san." Composing himself, and making sure Kotono gets to her feet, he gives a cursory look to the mess that caused. Not a pretty sight. That'll take at least an hour.
> Well, maybe a little less. A bit of luck, a few of the mid range books didn't fall. A mercy given to one that truly needed it, as Kotono sniffles a bit. But Mokou just slowly leads her away, "You can come back later, Asher needs to clean up that section," she says expertly, coralling the young girl out and taking her on, but you can distantly hear them talking quietly again.
<Asher> And clean up he does. Sitting back down on the floor and stacking the various compilations of literature that have thrown themselves into disarray, Asher stacks them up and slowly slides them back into their corresponding spots in a tedious work tandem.
> So it passes. When it's just about done, it's time for Asher to go practice. Mokou is waiting in front as usual, a nod given to him and a little, teasing smile.
<Asher> The possibility of skipping practice and just going home given the hecticness of the day occurs to him. But no, little can budge from the way of habit, and he already has his kendo stick swinging loosely from his hand. "I'll be practicing in the parking lot, Mokou-san." Although she doubtless already knew. It was just part of the routine.
> But for some reason her smile is usually coy and amused today. "Practice well, Asher," she calls as he starts to go out.
<Asher> Right. Out to the lot and its cement pavement. Slinging his backpack off to the side against the window of the bookstore, the orange glow of the setting sun above provides a welcoming sight as always. He pauses, mumbling the traditional mantras that his grandfather from so long ago - and sensei that came afterwards - taught him, not really paying attention to his surroundings. After all, it was always empty around here.
> This is usually true. However, hanging back at the edge of the lot, one can see a quiet blonde girl watching if they care to look.
<Asher> For the moment, this detail seems to escape Asher as his attention is diverted mainly to the pretty sunset above and then, shortly afterwards, the beginning steps of his regimen. With one, two, three! Right, left, step here and there. Soon enough, he's swiping viciously at the empty air, his mind focused wholly on it.
> So the time passes! ASher doesn't note Kotono creeping closer and closer, intently watching the entire time! "Ooooh..." she murmurs once, transfixed by the action.
<Asher> Swipe. Step. Change direction, repeat. Change direction, new pattern. Asher's eyes remain open the entire time, transfixed entirely on what's in front of him, the momentum of his swings very much a comfort. With familiarity he traverses the length of the lot, not stopping to pause, then moving back around - and a foreign object stops him dead in his tracks as he finally catches sight of Kotono.
<Asher> At this, he seems to visibly stumble for a moment, then closes his eyes, sucks in a breath and tries to regather himself back into his routine.
<Asher> Somewhat... successfully. The sight of Kotono is more of a distraction than he'd admit, although for what reasons left to be remain. But the moment passes briefly as he gets right back into swinging at the air again.
> So the session passes! By a miracle or fate she stays quiet until the end, but the moment Asher stops? "Ooooh, that was cool!" she blurts.
<Asher> He should really stop hoping for miracles. Though the fact that she was quiet till the end was, on hindsight, a notable feat all by itself. Asher isn't quite -that- self-modest enough to not appreciate the comment, though, even from crazy girls. "Thanks..." He manages in after catching his breath.
<Asher> Clutching the kendo stick closely, he ambles over to his pack, perspiration dripping from his forehead and fishes around for a water bottle.
> "You're pretty good at it like Sis, huh," Kotono trots up, k eeping pace and smiling. "I should know since I've seen her practice before, huh?"
<Asher> "Your sister practices kendo?" He sounds mildly surprised at that, gulping down precious water and leaning back against the wall. The sun overhead looks as though it were on its last leg of descent, with evening threatening to fall anytime now.
> "She does and she practices at schoola nd with her Uncle Taka!" Nodding along fervently, "Hey, I know, if you're really good or something I can take yout here if youw ant," she asks, giving you nice, hopeful, cheery blue eyes fixiated to yours.
* Retrieving #dunes modes...
<Asher> Without the threat of Mokou looming around - at least he thought so - Kotono seemed a lot more bearable. Asher pauses for a moment, considering. "What school does she go to?"
> "Juuban high. I think she's on the girl's kendo team," Kotono admits quite helpfully, looking over Asher quite interestedly.
<Asher> "Oh. Well, I'm not on any kendo teams... I just sort of do this out of habit ever since I was a kid." He takes another sip from the bottle, it crinkling audibly from his grip and then screws the cap back on.
> "Oooh, you're kinda strong if it's doing that," Kotono asks, "Well that and the workouts, I mean I get exercise but it'sdifferent from that, you know," Her smile is winsome and face bright, scooting over and scraping her shoes on th epavement. "Well, I can invite you to her dojo to come see her and her Uncle Taka sometime?"
<Asher> A moment of consideration as to how much he really wants to tell this girl. But heck, what's the worst that could happen. A lot. Oh well. That's life. "Well, I go to Juuban too, so ... um, maybe. If I can work it into my schedule. Mokou-san likes to keep me busy here."
> "Great!" Kotono's smile breaks into a full blowns uper hyper grin, taking Asher's hand and squeezing it! "I'll come back soon and we'll go, huh, and it'll be aweoms and we'll watch sis and maybe Hot-chan or someone and it'll just be too cool!":
<Asher> The dangers of being nice. Asher winces inwardly and slumps back against the wall of the bookstore, nodding in defeat. "Yeah. Sure." Besides, if it didn't turn out to be his kind of thing, it wasn't like he couldn't find some excuse to escape.
> "Awesome!" Kotono's chirp of approval is high pitched, a moment where she just glomps onto Asher! Wall in back and blonde in front - very warm and soft and orange smelling blonde! It's not a bad smell, but you're sure getting al ot of it! "So I'll come back in say a few days or a week!"
<Asher> You know what? You know whaaaaaaat? Asher has no fighting spirit. He just lets the added weight half-crush him against the wall, clutching onto his kendo stick as his sole means of retaining a check on sanity. He tries to breathe out words, with no small degree of difficulty... in fact, she probably can't make them out. "Mmmph-mmph-mrf."
> "Great!" Kotonos ays, as the sword is pressed back! But she doesn't press too much, giving Asher livegiving air. "So," she leans in, looking over, "It's ad ate!"
<Asher> "It's a...?" No, no. Shut up, don't give her an excuse to talk more. He just nods compliantly, at the same time trying to squeeze out of the not particularly mobile position he's stuck in.
> So Kotono fades back, highlighted by the setting sun! "Okay, make sure to bring that sword too, okay," she asks, "I'll see you soon, huh?"
<Asher> Room. Asher takes the moment to quickly spring himself back up, foot kicking the side of his pack accidentally as he shook himself free. "I bring it everywhere, don't worry. Take care."
<Asher> It's only after these words are muttered that he actually takes the time to see the weird girl off, probably already taking off at the speed of light.
> Indeed! She's gone and gone, zipping off! Damn, she's fast when she moves - almost breathtaking fast. It's odd - her body isn't moving that fast relative to how fast she's moving, but she's tearing it up nonetheless.
<Asher> With a low sigh, Asher slings his pack back 'round, glancing about... and making sure that Mokou hadn't gotten the pleasure of watching him through all of this. After cursory looks at the windows of the store, he makes his way towards home on foot.
> All you get is a cheery wave from Mokou, bidding you a fond farewell as she chuckles. Oh yes, someone was peeping. But off Asher goes for now - to home. (More)
> The sun has faded into oblivion as you approach home. Be it ever so humble - there's not much of a yard here. It's a small house packed admit other small houses. The driveway  is just enough for one car, the other on the curb. While it's decently kept up, it's certainly not rich - probably a lot worse than the private school blonde is heading home to.
<Asher> Circling around the block and making his way on the smallish sidewalk, Asher's face is as dead tired as the ambiance around him - that is, the complete lack of it. It's always been a quiet neighborhood. He walks up to the door, key already in hand - no chain - pulled from his pocket as he unlocks it and turns the knob.
> Inside Asher can smell the same old smells - dinner. Anotehr familiar dish - he isn't sur ewhich one offhand. They tend to blend together anyway. Mom and Dad are probably eating or in the small living room, watching the TV.
<Asher> "I'm home," he announces as he steps through the doorway, albeit not too loud. Just enough for them to acknowledge his presence. Shutting the door and both activating the lock with a click, he makes his way up towards his room. For some reason, appetite seems to have deserted him.
> "Good evening," Mom raises her voice the minimum amount to be heard, no one stopping him from going to his room to rest.
<Asher> On second thought, it'd be a bad idea to just not head into the kitchen - dinner was probably ready anyway, and it was rare that he didn't finish it. Dropping his pack in his room, Asher glances over at the window momentarily before trudging back down the stairs. It wouldn't do to go to bed on an empty stomach.> So the kitchen is reached. A dull, drab place on first glance, and on second and third. The countertop is old and overbleached, the table is solid but unspectacular. A meal of fried dumplings awaits, Mom and Dad eating. "Asher," Dad says, voice filled with a  world weariness that compliments how his face sags.
<Asher> "Dad." Like everything else in this house, life has been hammered out to a practiced routine. Asher takes his seat and looks appropriately complacent. Now that the smell of food is actually available in front of him, though, his stomach rumbles, waking up a repressed hunger from the day's events.
> "Asher," Mom nods as well, "Eat your food before it gets cold and tell us about your day."
<Asher> Chopsticks, chopsticks! They're fun. A dutiful bite before Asher pauses, swallowing. "It was like any other day. School was school, Mokou tried to embarass me in front of some hypercentric girl in the bookstore. I didn't have any time to do much else." Reaching over the table for the soy sauce, he pours it liberally.
> "Mmm hmmmmmm." Now it's Dad that picks up, perhaps a hair sadly. "Just another day, Asher?"
<Asher> "It's always just another day, Dad." The attacking of the dumplings is carried out in a methodical, efficient manner. These dinners weren't much more than a buffer between the day and sleep, for him.
> They're very edible. Not quite tasty after all these meals, but they fill his stomach with a competence few other things could match. "How are your studies going?"
> Dad asks this as he finishes his plate, pushing it aside as he always does and cleaning his face breifly with a napkin.
<Asher> A pause to consider. Asher learned long ago that honesty in this realm wouldn't hurt, because frankly, he'd never landed himself into a situation where it'd land in hot water. Yet. "Well enough. We're going to have midterms in a few weeks, but I'm still holding high marks in all my classes. My history teacher wants to recommend me for AP next year, although it'd be a waste if I didn't take the exam..."
> "Mmm. Take the exam," Dad says without hesitation. He jus tlooks on at Asher, but everything that needs to be said has been said time and time before.
> Mom follows this up with her own quiet nod, "If you go to the trouble of the class, at least take the exam."
<Asher> "Alright, then." The message had gotten across rather clearly, and he didn't see any point in making a fuss against it. Finishing up the last of the dumplings on his plate, Asher stacked the now dirty utensils on top of it, standing from his chair and bringing it with him. Not much more to be said.
<Asher> Depositing them dutifully, he glances over his shoulder at the duo to make sure that he hadn't forgotten to mention anything crucial. Hmmm. Nope. That girl definitely didn't strike high on his "other people need to know" list.
> Mom and Dad don't pursue anything, either. Just another normal night here? Time to rest now, perhaps? Dad goes to the living room, Mom to do the post dinner cleanup.
<Asher> A glance at the clock might pertain to this dilemma of what to do.
> It's just past 7 30 PM.
<Asher> Well, sounds like a great time to crawl in bed and hibernate! Not. Guess the day went slower than expected. Asher glances about for a moment and considers. There's just not a whole lot to do at home... he trudges up the stairs and into the privacy of his room, scouring for distractions.
> As Asher settles in, something catches his eye. He put his sword back to the side without thinking about it, but - o dd. Was it that it caught a bit of lamplight? But it looked shiny there.
<Asher> ...shiny? It's a perfectly normal kendo stick. Maybe his mind was trying to tell him something. Shrugging, he walks over and picks it up, testing its balance.
<Asher> The room is tidily kept - thanks mostly to Mom - with the bed made, a closet to the side with clothes and essentials, and a small, inexpensive desk tucked away in the corner. He barely ever has the time to use it anymore, albeit when he was younger it was where he parked for the majority of the day in the house. A small, outdated computer is stashed beneath, along with various accolades of books, papers and magazines.
<Asher> There are a few boxes here and there where he throws in random junk near the desk and next to the window, his only portal outside of the existence of the house. Its blinds are left wide open, the window closed at the moment - the night is chilly.
> It's well balanced for a kendo stick. It's nice enough and it's been kept around by Asher for a long time. It doesn't seem to do anything special, beyond, "Pluto."
> A voice just said Pluto? Asher is pretty sure it wasn't his own at all. How...quiantly odd?
<Asher> "..." Asher glances around, pointedly at the door. Is there anyone there?
<Asher> Clutching his kendo stick with a firmer grip than before, he eases to the side, then pokes his head out to see if anyone's there in the corridor.
> Not a soul. His sword isn't glowing or anything, nor flashing light like he thinks it was for a moment. How...odd? Very odd indeed!
<Asher> This would be an appropriate time to remark about how he's been watching too much anime or reading too much fantasy, except he's done neither. With a brief stare down the stairway and looking suitably abashed, Asher trudges back into his room. This time, the door gets shut.
> No more voices or glows. Perhaps it was just his imagination?
<Asher> Yeah. Definitely. Silly thing. He leans the stick back against the closet, its normal resting spot, and stretches out with a yawn. An early bedtime doesn't sound all too unappealing anymore... though inadvertently his eyes trace out the window to see if any stars are out tonight.
> There are - as well as a mostly full Moon. It glows down with an unusually bright light, bathing the world in it's gentle radiance
<Asher> Enjoying the sight for a moment, he makes the off-the-cuff decision to open up the window for a bit of the night wind. What the heck, it's not like it's that late anyway. With that, tumble over on ye bed and stretch out for a few moments.
> The Moon light falls in - in particular, a little coronoa happens to bless your kendo stick. Such a pretty night...
<Asher> Pretty? Right. Yeah. It's pretty.... really... pretty.... zzz...
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

[16:03:15] <Kotono> ---Arc 2 setup go!---
[16:08:39] <Kotono> The bookstore! Aaah, work after school! This would be ideal as you walk in, but Mokou has a visitor she's talking with. A very blonde visitor, wearing a nice hip hugging short green skirt(As if to show off her legs, which are unusually nice.) and a slightly tight blouse. (Not so much there!) Uh oh. That ashy blonde hair, the way you can see her gesturing as she babbles at Mokou...
[16:15:37] <Asher> Oh. Well. Maybe she didn't see him yet. Asher busies himself by trying to fade conveniently out of sight, remembering his ill-made "promises" to her yesterday and frankly wishing that he wasn't so easy to give his agreement on something.
[16:16:06] <Kotono> But as you do, "Oh Asher!" Mokou calls with a lilt of amusement in her voice.
[16:16:18] <Kotono> Kotono stops what she's doing, turning slowly, every so slowly...
[16:17:45] <Asher> There's no pulling the wool over this lady's eyes. Asher very, very slowly takes the route farthest away from physical contact from the blonde over there and pokes his head up with a grim look. "Yes, Mokou-san?"
[16:18:42] <Kotono> "Asher!" Kotono burbles out, "Hiya, I was just talking about you and I came back since Mako-chan's goign to be busy for a few days since her bakery is doing a lot of new stuff but don't worry about that right now since I wanna show you to someone else and I think you'll like her too since she knwos some of this since she uses a naganata and I can even try some more of that staff stuff I try occasionally, huh?"
[16:18:59] <Kotono> "Ahem." Far more demure, Mokou only smiles. "Mmm, yes. It seems the young lady came for you."
[16:20:31] <Asher> The urge to run away is tempting. "Well, um, I really don't have the time on working days. By the time I'm out and done with my regimen, I'm expected to be at home. Maybe another time...?" His voice sounds hopeful, as he looks over at Mokou for some kind of timely rescue here. Surely she couldn't object to him wanting to zealously work.
[16:24:18] <Kotono> The rescue you get is delivered with a smile. "Asher is such a fine worker. I believe he could use a paid day off, out of the kindness of this old woman's heart."
[16:29:34] <Asher> Some rescue. The look of consternation on Asher's face is, succinctly, priceless. "B-but Mokou-san! I wouldn't be able to live with myself with that... well, actually, my parents wouldn't approve of it at all..." Clinging onto last straws here.
[16:31:44] <Kotono> "They wouldn't approve of kindness to such a wonderful worker? I do believe I should call your mother and tell her that," Thoughtfully humming to herself, "You're a fine young man."
[16:31:53] <Kotono> Kotono just nods, eyes lighting up but no storm of words coming - yet?
[16:34:10] <Asher> Oh, great. Now he'd have to explain to them later. Asher held back the pensive sigh that he -really- wanted to let out, bowing his head and surrendering. "Alright, Mokou-san. Just one thing, though. Could I borrow a book? I was going to pick one up after work, with your permission..."
[16:35:28] <Kotono> "Of course," Mokou nods agreeably, "Go ahead."
[16:37:04] <Asher> With that, he averted his eyes away from the looming Kotono and strolled over to the astrology section, looking for the appropriate literature in question. Pluto.. Pluto... why the hell he was doing this, he didn't know, but it would be handy to have a book nearby as a shield in case any unpleasant situation decided to arise. Or something.
[16:39:42] <Kotono> There are a few books on Pluto as well as one on it's moon, Charon. Titles like "Pluto - the last planet." "The faraway world of Pluto." and so on.
[16:40:39] <Asher> Whatever looked to be the most detailed or heaviest would be best here. Grab an appealing one at random.
[16:41:19] <Kotono> "The compendium of Pluto." Looks to be 500 pages or so and lots of illustrations.
[16:41:45] <Asher> Yeah. Sure. Yank. Smile at Mokou. Sliiiiide away to his pack.
[16:42:03] <Kotono> Kotono turns and waits, smiling, "So you ready, huh, and I'll take you since it's not that far a walk!"
[16:44:23] <Asher> "Um... yeah." He takes his time, also grabbing the kendo stick behind the counter near the door, holding that casually with one hand, the heavy book tucked beneath his other arm. Looking over at Kotono, Asher waits for her cue to go on.
[16:45:03] <Kotono> Kotono glances at the booka s she goes out, keeping distressingly close to Asher - but she's not glomming on, only hovering like a hawk. "What'cha got there, huh, it lokos pretty big and it's not a magic book or something, is it?"
[16:54:17] <Asher> "No, it's not a magic book." He unhooks it and holds it up with one hand - eep, it's pretty heavy - to display its cover to her. "A compendium on the planet Pluto." He keeps a very casual pace, not afraid to stay paces behind Kotono if she'll let him get away with it.
[16:56:02] <Kotono> Damn. That froze Kotono dead solid to rights.  Twitch-twitch goes the Kotono, "Oh my God..." she says, shivering all over and hugging herself. "Oh my God, how did...I...It's destiny!" Blurting it out she gloms onto poor Asher, "That's so cool and sweet and thank you and and and...aaaaaaaw!"
[16:59:24] <Asher> Well, there's something to be said about learning from past experiences. Immediately lurching back only to catch the pouncing blonde, he keeps his feet steady and blinks. "...what?" The fact that she's practically latched onto him, at this point, seems standard fare, so he just kind of stands there.
[16:59:56] <Asher> "Uh, it's just a book, and it's not even mine, I'm just borrowing it from the bookstore..."
[17:00:22] <Kotono> "I mean, oh my Buddha, how did you know and all that and it's too cool and I'm just so happy, and and and...oh!" Kotono pulls back, nodding, "I'll have to tell Hot-chan about it but let's just go and..." Kotono reglomps, taking Asher's hand, "You'll hold my hand as we walk, huh?"
[17:02:49] <Asher> Kotono gets a nice, friendly stare accompanied with another one of those defeated expressions as he quickly transfers the book to his other hand. Opening his mouth, he fears, will only lead to greater repercussions. Thusly, being dragged along seems to be most acceptable solution right now.
[17:12:11] <Kotono> So off you go! A dojo near a nice sweets shop, Yohko's. While Kotono points to it and mentions her 'Sis' works there, you don't linger. Instead you head for the dojo hall. The doors are wide open, a familiar place for Asher, at least in theory. In the halls a class of twenty works - each wearing white tops and black hakamas. Naginatas are the order of the day, an older woman with chin length purple hair leading them through it. She's somewhere
[17:13:30] <Kotono> . She's somewhere in her thirties, leading a teenage calss.
[17:14:45] <Asher> Asher doesn't want to exactly just intrude into a lesson, so he goes and looks for the nearest bench and parks himself there, putting his pack, book and sword aside as he watches the class. Did Kotono disappear? (Thank goodness?)
[17:19:40] <Kotono> There are no benches, but Kotono goes to sit against the wall near the door. She's been following along, "Shh, I think they're just practicing and see there? That's Hotaru-chan!" Pointing at one girl in particular as they do the dance of death...OOC - Wanna describe yourself, Hot-chan?
[17:23:58] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru's not exactly the typical figure of a martial artist. She seems slender mayhaps a little too so for swinging around a polearm. Just a couple inches over five foot, she does present the almost stereotype warrior noblewoman, though: Midnight hair held in a ponytail with white ribbon, pale, almost alabaster skin, and a serious seeming resolve with the task of manipulating her naginata through the prctice motions.
[17:23:58] <Hotaru-chan> While she doesn't quite have the speed or force a few others put behind the movements, there's a sureness to them, rather self-confidence in what she's doing as she practices.
[17:29:47] <Asher> "You don't have to point, Kotono..." Asher's words sound vaguely quiet as he sits back and watches the routine carry out intently. He hadn't really bothered to pay attention to anything like this ever since he trained under his sensei, and even then it was only a handful of students at best. The lesson actually interests him, as he leans back with his kendo stick, attention drifting from person to person and their movements.
[17:40:45] <Kotono> It's very rigid practice, going through a traditional form. Kotono just goes quiet, but whispers, "See? WEll, you did want to see her, and she's doing good!" As this is said, "Alright, break. Good job for the day, class." The instructor calls.
[17:43:31] * Hotaru-chan bows with the rest of the class, taking a deep breath as they finish. These always exhaust her... So she falls out of line with everyone else, going to rack the wooden practice naginata they use for kata.
[17:43:50] <Kotono> "Hot-chan!" Kotono calls over the noise, at least not waving t his time.
[17:44:06] <Kotono> "Hot-chan!" So Kotono calls, cheerful and bouyant as she leans up, making herself visible.
[17:44:17] <Asher> There's a bit of a pause before Asher finds the words to reply. "Yes..." There's a bit of a distant catch, like his attention's being diverted. Kotono's loud proclamation immediately snaps him back though, and he instinctively inches to the side -away- from Kotono.
[17:44:35] <Asher> Unfortunately, his far larger demeanor makes it hard to really... not be seen.
[17:46:53] * Hotaru-chan glances over towards Kotono, a slight smile and wave given before she dsicards the polearm in its proper place, wiping her forehead on her gi and heading over towards the blonde and her captive boy. Hotaru looks a bit more filled one clsoer inspection, well proportioned from head to toe, nto quite excelling in any one place noticeably, though the overall effect amounts to much the same.
[17:46:53] <Hotaru-chan> "Hi, Kot-chan," she greets, still breathing a touch heavy.
[17:47:26] <Kotono> "Hi, Hot-chan!" Kotono bubbles up, glancing fondly at Asher. "Guess what, huh?!
[17:47:26] <Kotono> "
[17:48:59] * Hotaru-chan follows that glance, a flicker of trepidation, pity, and perhaps weariness flowing across that face before she pastes a smile over it, looking back to Kotono. "What?"
[17:49:21] * Asher acknowledges that glance all too well. Subconsciously.
[17:51:15] <Kotono> "His name is Asher!" Kotono begins, rising to take Hotaru's shoulders, "He's so cute and awesome and he has a book on Pluto and he's a good swordsman andi t's so awesome and it has to be fated and it makes my heart race, right, sicne it's just tooc ool and too much to be a coincidence unless something really weird is going on, huh?!"
[17:52:03] <Asher> There is a very, very soft thud sound as the back of Asher's head makes contact with the wall of the dojo.
[17:53:45] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru winces visibly under the barrage. "I...see..." she hesitates, sighing softly and passing a ahnd in front of her face. "So," Hotaru turns to Asher, a look of definite sympathy on her face. "How'd you meet?"
[17:56:10] <Asher> "Um..." The memory of that vibrant encounter passes by quickly. "I work at a local bookstore down in a quiet part of the Juuban distract. Kotono just happened to stop by."
[17:57:04] <Kotono> "Right and it was cool! I was looking for Supernatural books and I invi..." Kotono begins, taking a breath. "Then the Pluto book and oh my Cthultu!"
[17:58:06] <Asher> He gives her an odd look at that, leaning back. "You still haven't explained to me what's so dramatic about that. Are you a Pluto buff?"
[17:58:34] * Hotaru-chan shakes her head a littlemassaging the bridge of her nose and reaching up, letting her hair down. "Cthulu, Kot-chan..." Hotaru begins looking a little alarmed, ready to slap a hand over Kotono's mouth.
[17:59:12] <Asher> Asher blinks at that, staring at the both of them.
[17:59:58] <Kotono> "Well..." Blushing, "I mean, you brought that Pluto book with you so...I dunno how, but...well...Hot-chan," The blonde young woman looks to her dark haired friend, "I mean, right?"
[18:02:10] * Hotaru-chan just shakes her head slowly. "Kot-chan...just...you did it again," Hotaru informs her, sighing.
[18:02:56] <Kotono> "I did what?" Kotono cocks her head, poor Asher nearly forgotten. "I mean, I mean...just...he had it and it has to be fate, right?"!
[18:04:08] <Hotaru-chan> "Just like that Tenma boy was, right?" Hotaru gently barbs, not looking very happy with the situation she has here.
[18:04:20] * Asher feels distinctly out of place, as he looks between the two and then down at the book. One hand has boredly flipped open the cover as he glances through the opening pages on occasion.
[18:05:32] <Kotono> It's pictures of the planet Pluto. Faraway and cratered, an old rock in space. "Um...but...Pluto! PLUTO!" Kotono gestures at the book, "I mean...just...why'd you get the book anyway, huh?"
[18:07:41] <Asher> "I needed something to read?" He looked back, wondering for a moment why -did- he get the book. Then last night's odd memories came to mind and he spoke inadvertently - without pausing to consider the implications of how the girl in front of him would take it. "Well, I guess it's a bit more than that. I swear I was hearing or seeing things last night and it had something to do with Pluto... probably my mind telling me to find a ne
[18:08:11] <Asher> --my mind telling me to find a new hobby..."
[18:09:30] <Hotaru-chan> "..." Hotaru tries her best not to simply whimper at that, and only half succeeds. Instead, she tries to get herself between Kotono and Asher. This will no go well.
[18:10:22] <Kotono> "See?" Kotono twitches lightly, beginning to grin, "Clearly fate is at work! Hot-chan, voices are drawing him to me and us and that's gotta be magic or something, huh, and maybe my guardian is pulling him to me and this is just tooooooooo coooool!" Hotaru is just in time, preventing a nervous, excited Kotono glomp.
[18:12:18] <Hotaru-chan> "Sounds more like he was bored, Kot-chan, and probably saw the title in his bookstore," Hotaru insists, keeping herself firmly between them. "Asher, you might want to start running..." she suggests, half playfully, and eyeing Kotono. "And Kot-chan? Coincidence. It does exist."
[18:12:49] <Kotono> "Like that?! That's totally insane!" Kotono blurts, "I mean...Asher, it just can't be, can it, since that's like a trillion to one and that's more than the odds that aliens don't exist!"
[18:13:07] <Kotono> Strugglign vaintly against Hotaru and reaching out, "I mean, it just can't be, it's just....I mean, you believe in magic right, huh?!"
[18:13:53] <Asher> A sweatdrop would be there if there were ever one readily available. Asher backs up a bit, abandoning the book and pack, one hand on his kendo stick as Kotono shoots out words and excitement in exuburent amounts. "I don't know much about aliens or the supernatural, Kotono..."
[18:14:22] <Kotono> "...but..." Kotono looks stung at that, "I mean...just..." Like a tornado on it's last gale she sputters out, deflating. "Oh man..."
[18:14:43] <Kotono> "I did it again, didn't I, Hot-chan?" Kotono sniffles, resting against her shoulder by convinence.
[18:15:07] <Asher> Eyes roll up, crumple, fall back at the sudden and distinct change as Asher nearly loses his balance.
[18:16:25] * Hotaru-chan sighs and hugs Kotono, rubbing her back softly. "Mah...you did it again..." she agrees softly, trying to comfort the blonde a little. "You always get too excited. Mah, it's fine..."
[18:16:45] <Kotono> "Sorry," Kotono rests on Hotaru, looking at Asher. "I mean...what about the voice, though?"
[18:17:21] * Hotaru-chan breathes much easier, holding Kotono gently and close, glancing over at Asher.
[18:19:08] <Asher> He looks distinctly embarassed. "It was probably nothing, really, I probably heard someone outside the window... but I thought someone or something say 'Pluto' to me. And it was a strange night overall. The moon too..." He shuts up, realizing he's rambling and discreetly withrdraws.
[18:20:54] <Kotono> "The Moon?" Kotono perks up a little more, cocking her head and leaning forward as Asher withdraws. "Wait a bit!"
[18:21:27] * Hotaru-chan momentarily tightens her hold on Kotono. Can't back the boy into another corner. Please, oh please...
[18:21:47] <Asher> "Whaaa?" Asher looks genuinely perplexed.
[18:22:09] <Kotono> "What about the Moon?" Kotono presses, "You mentioned it and it sounds cool and could you please tell me about it?"
[18:22:56] <Kotono> Her hands wave out, held tightly in embrace by Hotaru, safe from Asher. For now, anyway.
[18:23:05] * Hotaru-chan gives Asher a bit of a warning look, but doesn't intercede just yet. Kotono seems calm, shouldn't step on the poor girl TOO hard.
[18:23:25] <Asher> "..it was pretty?" He seems to be at a loss for words.
[18:23:39] <Asher> "I think it was full that night, too, and it just seemed to fill the window."
[18:27:18] <Kotono> "....Hot-chan?" Kotono speaks at last, voice a mix of excitement and confusion, "I mean, coincidence only goes so far and this is cool and maybe, just maybe...?"
[18:28:29] * Hotaru-chan sighs, looking at Asher a little more intently, playing her senses on the boy to try and give herself something cocnerete to calm Kotono down with this afternoon.
[18:28:48] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check.
[18:28:53] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[18:28:53] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{12}
[18:29:05] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[18:29:06] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[18:31:14] <Kotono>  There's nothing really magical about him. The lines around his sword are very gray, very quiet. There are the tiniest hints of purple and green around it, but that's probably nothing.
[18:31:39] <Hotaru-chan> "Nope, Kot-chan...just coincidence," Hotaru assures, giving the blonde a wan smile. "Trust me."
[18:32:06] <Asher> Shaking his head somewhat in askance, Asher looks back over to Hotaru and speaks in a more serious tone. "Hotaru, was it?"
[18:32:42] <Kotono> "Oh..." Kotono wilts as well, looking at Asher sadly. Her face is fallen and regretful, "...sorry," she murmurs.
[18:32:43] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[18:32:43] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[18:32:55] <Hotaru-chan> "Yeah," Hotaru smiles, more relaxed now.
[18:34:03] <Kotono> A few student pass by poor Asher and the hugging girls, one glancing at them but most content to go away. "See ya, Hotaru," one absently adds.
[18:34:17] <Asher> Kotono's obvious crestfallen disappointment grates at Asher more than he lets on, but he forces a smile and gathers himself up, kendo stick in hand. "Kotono spoke highly about your skill. How long have you been practicing?"
[18:35:50] <Hotaru-chan> "Bye, Riko-chan," Hotaru offers her classmate before turning back to Asher. "Oh...two and a half, maybe three years?"
[18:36:39] <Asher> An acknowledging nod. "Attending this class since the start?"
[18:37:21] <Kotono> Kotono goes quiet, just resting on Hotaru and looking on. She lowers her eyes, blushing horribly.
[18:37:39] <Kotono> "Sorry...Um, Asher, just...well, when I see a cute boy...sorry!" she adds after a moment, quietly.
[18:38:14] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru's smile twists a little. "Not quite, I had a private teacher for the first...five months," she nods, patting Kotono.
[18:39:23] <Asher> His face flushes a bit under Kotono's remark as he tries to carry on the conversation without a hitch. "My grandfather taught me since I was a child. It's always best to have a dedicated tutor like that."
[18:41:57] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru's smile is oddly mysterious, still absently rubbing Kotono's back. "That'd be nice...I had a teacher, and a sparring partner that used...uses, bo staff, so we trained a lot," she nods. No teacher like experience...
[18:44:32] <Asher> The expression returned on Asher's face is somewhat strange. He nods somewhat subdued, looking over at Kotono on occasion to see how she's holding up. "Well, to be honest, I've trained all my life, but I've pretty much never sparred with anyone else before. Don't know how I'd actually hold up. The air doesn't really try to fight back..."
[18:45:11] <Kotono> "Well...then why don't you try here or...I can use a staff a little, and Hot-chan has her naginata, and Mako-chan might come by soon, too?" Kotono says quietly, "I mean, seriously, not just because I'm excited, you know?"
[18:46:06] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru leans back, glancing at a clock on the wall of the dojo. "Well, it's a while before the next class..." she nods. "We could spar if you want," she agrees, turning back to Asher.
[18:47:33] <Asher> For once, an idea brought up by Kotono that he didn't wholly mind. "That might not be a bad idea. I'm not going to have time for my training regimen today anyway. Don't expect too much, though," he adds as a disclaimer.
[18:48:13] <Kotono> "Okay," Kotono nods, "Do you wanna go first or me, Hot-chan," she says, wiping at her eyes as she rebounds, finally detaching from her friend.
[18:50:36] <Hotaru-chan> "I'll go first," Hotaru nods, aptting Kotono's arm and stepping back. "Tired but...not like I haven't done this while exhausted," she laughs, bowing again before she steps into the training area proper, heading towards the naginata racks.
[18:51:50] <Kotono> A few people, all girls, linger to watch. There is one man who comes out just as you might note that - older but stern faced, watching from the back door to the lockers and showers. He looks quite at home here, wearing a white gi.
[18:51:51] <Asher> Asher kicks his pack and sets the book back, gripping the kendo stick firmly with both hands and taking a few practice swings and steps in the meantime. His feet slide and he moves by the balls of them, testing out the firmness of the mat in the dojo.
[18:52:12] <Kotono> "Good luck," Kotono goes to stand aside, watching quietly.
[18:52:19] <Asher> The gender disparsity gets overlooked by him, too occupied with his warmup activities.
[18:52:35] <Asher> He ushers a brief "thanks" to Kotono at her words.
[18:53:27] <Kotono> OOC - Go ahead and initiative. I wanna combat system this out for now. You familiar enough with to be okay, Laggy?
[18:53:50] <Asher> OOC - Yeah, just yell at me if I do something wrong, should be fine though
[18:53:57] <Kotono> OOC - Sure. Go ahead and initiativerize.
[21:43:36] <Hotaru-chan> roll 1d6+8
[21:43:37] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{9}
[21:47:26] <Laggy> roll 1d6+8
[21:47:26] <Reikobot> Laggy rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{9}
[21:48:21] <Anastasia> OOC - Tied, roughly. What's your levels of fast reflexes?
[21:48:32] <Anastasia> OOC - Checked. Go, Laggy.
[21:49:29] <Asher> Well, there's nothing like getting started. Already into the flow of his warmup regimen, Asher doesn't miss a step. He circles around the Taru, then moves in for the first blow.
[21:49:45] <Asher> roll 2d6-7
[21:49:45] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6-7 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{-4}
[21:51:22] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[21:51:23] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[21:54:17] <Anastasia> Like the winds across a sweeping plain, Asher rushes in! His kendo stick lashes out in a shoulder slash, a direct hit to Hotaru! It's a firm, skilled blow, making her shoulder sing!
[21:55:24] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru shifts back and to the side, the naginata swinging in a blurring arc  as she tries to counter counter, and push Asher back!
[21:55:26] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[21:55:26] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[21:55:48] <Asher> roll 2d6
[21:55:48] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[21:56:29] <Anastasia> In retribution Hotaru strikes! A solid hit to his side and a pushback, the force of the blow enough to accomplish her goal! "Go Hot-chan! Go Asher!" Kotono calls gamefully as they spar! OOC - React/initiative.
[21:56:36] <Asher> roll 1d6+8
[21:56:36] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{10}
[21:56:44] <Hotaru-chan> roll 1d6+8
[21:56:45] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{12}
[21:57:16] <Asher> Much too focused into the fight at hand, Asher leans back on the balls of his feet, shifting balance, and circling again, waiting for Hotaru to react first. This is his first spar with someone for a long time, and it's invigorating.
[21:57:35] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru presses her advantage, the naginata withdrawing and coming around again, a blur of wood as she continues her onslaught from the sides!
[21:57:43] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[21:57:44] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[21:57:51] <Asher> roll 2d6\
[21:57:52] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6\ --> error: malformed expression
[21:57:56] <Asher> roll 2d6
[21:57:57] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[21:59:06] <Anastasia> The combat continues - Asher is pressed back harder, faster! The blow is a straight pushback after a missed slash, the blunt impact to his chest jarring!
[21:59:56] <Asher> Oomph. Asher bites back the pain, his eyes directly focused on Hotaru's naginata and leaps rather than move to the side, falling back to one of his lesser practiced techniques. Risky, but he's losing ground fast.
[21:59:58] <Asher> roll 2d6
[21:59:58] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[22:00:38] <Anastasia> The attack misses, Asher's move for naught! OOC - Describe/react/initiative again.
[22:00:48] <Anastasia> "Not bad," one of the girls calls, "Kick his ass,  Hotaru!"
[22:00:58] <Anastasia> "No, kick her ass," Another girl winks at the battle stricken ASher.
[22:01:28] <Asher> The world looks a little more blurry now, but that's okay! Asher grounds himself for a moment to refocus and then circles again, determined to keep moving and find the opening he needs.
[22:01:28] <Asher> roll 1d6+8
[22:01:29] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{12}
[22:01:45] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru ducks to the side quickly, a different focus coming onto her as they move and fight. The naginata shifts in her hands cleanly, bloody memories flickering behind violet eyes.
[22:01:48] <Hotaru-chan> roll 1d6+8
[22:01:48] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{14}
[22:03:51] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru doesn't give up, driving herself forward more, pursuing Asher with the flickering blade of the practice weapon as she lashes in and out, sweeping in from the sides as she tries to bring down her opponent!
[22:03:53] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[22:03:53] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[22:04:30] <Asher> And there it is. Something feels off. Just something. His face screws up momentarily as he tries to figure out exactly what, but now is not the time - the opening's right there! Asher swings...
[22:04:31] <Asher> roll 2d6
[22:04:31] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[22:05:07] <Anastasia> The miss is to Hotaru's side, an overextension! So the two keep up, dancing about as H otaru respositions and Asher recovers from his miss! OOC - Initiative.
[22:05:18] <Asher> roll 1d6+8
[22:05:19] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{12}
[22:05:26] <Hotaru-chan> roll 1d6+8
[22:05:27] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{11}
[22:05:59] <Asher> A miss it might have been, but if you don't succeed, try, try again. With an angled step to the side, Asher goes for Hotaru's wide open back.
[22:06:00] <Asher> roll 2d6
[22:06:00] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[22:06:18] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[22:06:18] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[22:07:59] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru ducks, if barely under the swing from her side, and instead pivots upwards and around, glaive moving at a far too rapid pace for that slim frame as it comes up and to the right, right for Asher!
[22:08:00] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[22:08:01] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[22:08:10] <Asher> roll 2d6
[22:08:11] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[22:09:08] <Asher> Fast as it may be, Asher's already seen Hotaru's movements in play and he's not prone to letting himself get hit by the same thing yet again. With a low duck, the hiss of air echoes as her swing just barely misses him by a hair.
[22:09:25] <Asher> roll 1d6+8
[22:09:26] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{14}
[22:09:29] <Hotaru-chan> roll 1d6+8
[22:09:30] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{11}
[22:15:11] <Asher> And again. This time, though, Asher's sword arm moves unbelievably fast. Even those onlooking will swear that his motion moved faster than the eye could track. Sliding to the side again, he strikes concurrently, lashing out.
[22:15:21] <Asher> roll 2d6
[22:15:21] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{2}
[22:15:31] <Anastasia> OOC - Roll 1d6 for crit intensity.
[22:15:35] <Asher> roll 1d6
[22:15:35] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=5 ]{5}
[22:15:42] <Anastasia> OOC - 3x damage on that strike. Roll the other hit.
[22:15:47] <Asher> roll 2d6
[22:15:47] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[22:15:56] <Anastasia> OOC - Two DCVs, 'taru.
[22:16:09] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6 crit
[22:16:09] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 crit --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[22:16:11] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[22:16:12] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[22:16:17] <Anastasia> OOC - Forgot the mod on the second.
[22:17:27] <Anastasia> The first slash cleaves the wind next to Hotaru! A flash of green follows this as the Sailor of Saturn is buffeted, and the followup cross slash goes right against her stomach! A trail of green seen a faint, passing second, before the blow knocks HOtaru back!
[22:18:46] <Asher> Asher gasps out as he nearly loses his balance on this, his sword all but falling out of his grip as he tumbles into a roll and stays crouched to the side. Springing back up to his feet, his vision is a world of haze.
[22:18:58] <Anastasia> OOC - Body check, Asher.
[22:19:17] <Asher> roll 2d6-7
[22:19:17] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6-7 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{2}
[22:20:02] <Asher> roll 2d6
[22:20:03] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[22:21:15] <Anastasia> Asher keeps his balance, but he feels off. Drained, syphoned off, except for the weapon in his hand. It feels vibrant - is it shaking?
[22:22:00] <Asher> He sucks in a breath audibly, lungs suddenly demanding oxygen as he tries to shakily keep his grip and maintain a fighting stance.
[22:25:08] * Hotaru-chan raises her eyebrows, not looking all that healthy herself, but standing ready, a flicker of violet beginning to show in her eyes as she focuses on Asher, slipping out to brush him with her senses as long as he doesn't close.
[22:25:25] <Anastasia> OOC - Soul check.
[22:25:28] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[22:25:28] <Reikobot> Hotaru-chan rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[22:25:51] <Anastasia> The lines around him are slightly greenish, as is the sword. It wasn't there before, and it's fading down and away from him.
[22:26:45] <Anastasia> "...Hot-chan?" You hear Kotono call out, standing up and watching the two spellbound, a hand to her chest!
[22:27:00] <Anastasia> "...Alright, that's enough," Taka calls out, the older man from the locker room raising his voice. "That's enough sparring."
[22:28:21] <Asher> Asher is quick to obey. He steps back, conveniently stumbling against the wall and leaning back against it. Sweat drips from his forehead as he half leans on his kendo stick.
[22:28:52] * Hotaru-chan relaxes instantly, standing straight and bowing to Asher, though her eyes linger on him.
[22:29:14] <Asher> He stiffens visibly at her movement, but is quick to follow form, bowing back.
[22:29:45] <Anastasia> "Hot-chan?" Kotono trots upt o her, looking her over, "You okay, and what about you," A look back to ASher, the blonde girl concerned. "That was a really cool move you did, and well..." A glance at Hotaru, curious
[22:30:49] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru waves her hand at Kotono, almost dismissively. She'd rather look into this without a hyper blonde. "Probably just ki effect," she offered, a light smile as she moves over to replace her weapon in its receptacle.
[22:32:06] <Anastasia> "Ki? That's cool," Kotono quickly nods, turning to Asher. She starts trotting over to him, a light jog that quickly bring her to his side. "What was that last move since it was really cool!"
[22:32:53] <Asher> Sanity finally returning to effect, Asher can only shake his head in disbelief as he looks at the rest of the room, wondering just how everyone else in the dojo was reacting to this. Kotono's sudden advancement saves him from that knowledge! "I don't really... name my moves, Kotono, it was just a spar..."
[22:33:10] * Hotaru-chan puts the weapon away, watching Kotono warily as she moves over towards Takayanagi, hoping to grab him.
[22:33:20] <Anastasia> The few scattered girls are either looking on in curiousity or just staring. The older man is coming over slowly and quietly.
[22:33:50] <Anastasia> "Hm," Taka asks Hotaru quietly, giving Asher a look. "He's unusually skilled," he murmurs, "That last techquince was remarkably resourceful."
[22:36:55] <Hotaru-chan> "It looked more like magic," Hotaru breathes to the older man, slightly alarmed and keeping her eyes on Kotono. "Technically speaking, he's not much better than me...faster. But I caught a look at his energy right afterwards."
[22:38:33] <Anastasia> "...I see." Uncle Taka murmurs quietly. Raising his voice, "That was a good spar. Watchers can go home now."
[22:38:58] <Anastasia> Kotono nods raptly, "IT was cool! I mean, you don't see moves like that except from one guy I know, and he's kinda, um, outta the country!"
[22:39:57] <Asher> "Yeah. Sure, Kotono. Look, I don't think it was supposed to get this much out of hand, so... maybe it'd be a good idea if I stopped disturbing everyone here in the dojo." He makes an artful escape over to the pack and still partially-open book on the other wall, smiling halfheartedly, but intent on moving.
[22:41:46] <Hotaru-chan> "I'll talk to you later, Asher," Hotaru calls, her tone sorta friendly, though a distinct promise in there.
[22:42:37] <Anastasia> "But..." Kotono raises a hand, but lets it drop. "Right! We'lls ee you later," she calls, lookign to Hotaru and nodding.
[22:44:25] <Asher> Packing up the book and slinging it over his back again, Asher takes the kendo stick with him and turns around to look first at Hotaru - and the man next to her - with a studious expression. His look briefly turns over to Kotono before resuming back to the two.
[22:44:38] * Hotaru-chan just shakes her head a little, letting out a long breath. "Just watch him if Kotono ever drags him around while Mako-chan's here,": she adds to Takayanagi, giving the man a warmer smile. "Please, or something..." she laughs. "I don't like making 'requests' abotu her..."
[22:45:06] <Hotaru-chan> *about
[22:45:16] <Asher> "Thank you for letting me over. Hotaru-san, that was a good match." A brief smile. "Until another time." He raises his hand to wave.
[22:45:25] <Anastasia> "Yes," Taka agrees very quietly, looking on at the young man with a polite but ungiving expression. "Another time, young man."
[22:45:38] <Asher> And with that, he's off.
[22:46:12] * Hotaru-chan waves to Asher absently, hugging herself. "Is your office open?" she asks Takayanagi curiously, really not wanting to go home the long way.
[22:46:37] <Anastasia> "You okay, Hot-chan," Kotono asks right off, and quieter, "Did you see that, huh?"
[22:46:51] <Anastasia> "It is," he nods, "Though, what do you need it for?"
[22:47:35] <Hotaru-chan> "I've been worse off," Hotaru smiles a little, the expression twisting. "I'm going home...the short way," she offers Takayanagi in a very low voice, almsot murmuring, wary of her classmates around her.
[22:48:48] <Anastasia> "Wait, Hot-chan," Coming to Hotaru's side and speaking quietly, "I mean, I wanna talk about all that since I think something might've happened! You saw that too, didn't you?"
[22:50:12] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru gives Kotono a somewhat sharper look. "Let me, Kochan?" she asks, weakly smiling at her blonde friend. "I'll tell you all about it, but even when you aren't tackling them, you tend to not stop talking about things we shouldn't talk about..." she sighs, patting Kotono's arm.
[23:02:13] <Anastasia> "Hoooot-chan!" Kotono shakes her head back an forth, a storm of light blonde hair flying around the dark Hotaru. "You know I can't do that! This is supernatural and interesting, so it's Supernatural Club business!"
[23:03:15] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru's eyes flash a second. "Koitono, you very nearly gave your identity out," she hisses softly. "Besides that he doesn't even look like he knows...would you rather scare him off entirely?"
[23:04:25] <Anastasia> "I'll be better. Hotaru, this is important!" Kotono's eyes look back resolutely, "Besides, I know where to find him and you don't. Something's up here - after all, do you believe that Pluto thing was just coincidence now, huh?"
[23:05:24] <Hotaru-chan> "For the moment? Yes," Hotaru answers simply, resolute. "Can you promise to be quiet and calm, hm?"
[23:08:00] <Anastasia> "Yes." Kotono's face is dead serious now, her arms crossed, "For the Supernatural and to find this out, I will. Besides, he's cute...and it's interesting!"
[23:08:57] <Hotaru-chan> "The he's cute part makes me particularly wary of you having anything resembling discretion," Hotaru sighs, bowing to Takayannagi. "Thanks," she offers him, before slipping off to get her duffel, likely with Kotono in tow, and then disappear. Hopefully.
[23:09:27] <Anastasia> Kotono does follow, and once inthe back halls, "How about we go in a few days? Iw anan check something out, and today's out anyway since you look kinda tired?"
[23:10:37] <Hotaru-chan> "Try exhausted and bruised. I went from an hour and a ahfl of practice to fighting..." Hotaru mutters, picking up her duffel, just shaking her head at the clean clothing inside. "What're you checking out?
[23:10:39] <Hotaru-chan> "
[23:11:29] <Anastasia> "Magic swords and kendo stuff, just in case. I mean...maybe he got his hands on something like that?" Kotono opines, "Or something weirder, but it's worth checking out?"
[23:11:55] <Anastasia> Eyes lighting up a moment, "It may not be Excaliber but maybe it's Masamune or Murasame or something like that?"
[23:12:12] <Anastasia> Then she pauses, "Or maybe it was just him, but...oh well, it's worth investigating!"
[23:13:05] <Hotaru-chan> "Oh, library work," Hotaru lets out a breath, closing her eyes. "The sword didn't register energy until he did it, whatever it is, it's going to be unrecognizable off the bat, and I'm not fighting him if he spontaneously tries taking my head off," she mutters, leaning against a wall. "Otherwise? I think that's it."
[23:14:14] <Anastasia> "Well, he's not hostile yet so we can hopefully just talk to him. So yeah," Kotono says, then nods, "You know, want me to teleport you home or something, Hot-chan, since he really did get you good there."
[23:16:34] <Hotaru-chan> "I'll be fine," Hotru smiles at Kotono, shaking her head. "And I don't want to let Gaia's conditioning get away from me, even after a couple of years," she snickers, beginning to summon her own energy. "I'll see you in a couple days, Kot-chan. Or at school, y'know."
[23:17:00] <Anastasia> "Right!" A nod as the blond egirl perks up again, "We
[23:17:15] <Anastasia> "Right!" A nod as the blond egirl perks up again, "We're gonna get to the bottom of this in the name of the Supernatural Club!"
[23:18:05] <Hotaru-chan> "...Quiet, practice it, Kot-chan," Hotaru shakes her head, becoming a violet surge of energy as she and her posessions slip off to somewhere she can rest, after a shower.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Halbarad

[11:11] <@Kotono> ---Arc 2 setup go!---
[11:11] <@Kotono> That evening, after a difficult sparring session with Hotaru...
[11:12] <@Kotono> Asher finds himself resting in bed after dinner. All things considered this is a good thing - he was dizzy most of the afternoon, shaken and stirred. At least dinner was plentiful. (Go ahead and set up your mood and inner thought train._
[11:17] <@Asher> Exhaustion. Not all that focused on anything at all. Asher turns over in bed, clutching lightly at the blanket and staring off at what appears to the carpet of his room. There was a lot on his mind as he was walking home, mainly a mixture of confusion and embarassment.
[11:18] <@Asher> On second thought, that public spar in an all-girls dojo when he'd never fought anyone else seriously his entire life was probably not a good idea. The fact that he seemed to have overdone it right in front of the dojo master's face couldn't be ringing good bells, either. AND in front of Kotono. What the hell had he been thinking, anyway? The last moments of that fight were all but a blur of haze and strange feelings. He remembered feeling like
[11:19] <@Asher> losing his grip on the world. Rolling over again, restless, eyes tracing the ceiling. Then the closet. Then the wall, down to the kendo stick still lying innocently against it, and the heavy book on Pluto he'd borrowed - unopened and next to a pile of boxes.
[11:20] <@Kotono> As Asher ponders this and looks at his sword, "Saturn..." Is spoken in the room, as if another person is here and speaking.
[11:20] <@Asher> Eyes suddenly wide open, Asher jerks up from bed and abandons the blankets, immediately glaring out the window. The door is -closed- tonight.
[11:21] <@Kotono> Nothing out the window. "Pluto...Saturn...?" Th e voice is...male, you think, just faded and tired. Distant. But there is a questioning note to it, as if wondering if that could really be.
[11:23] <@Asher> Pluto. Saturn. This obsession with celestial bodies is really getting to him. He opens the window again, letting the cool breeze waft in, and speaks quietly, feeling like he's lost his mind. "What about Pluto and Saturn?"
[11:30] <@Kotono> "Find...bring them...Asher." Then nothing, but there is aglint of light from behind him.
[11:30] <@Asher> His eyes narrow as he turns around to find the source of this, tensing.
[11:32] <@Kotono> Your kendo stick...maybe? The light's mostly gone now.
[11:33] <@Asher> In exasperation, he throws up his hands, stepping back and leaning against the window, looking over at the room and speaking again. "How, exactly, do I bring planets here?"
[11:41] <@Kotono> No reply. Instead the handgrasp of your kendo stick lightly glitters? Is it a trick of the Moonlight?
[11:44] <@Asher> Feeling imnumberably frustrated, Asher trudges over and yanks the thing, turning around to stare back out at the window and the moon. There's not much space in his room, but for some reason, he feels compelled to just lash out with the kendo stick. A swing here, a swing there, only stepping a little bit to the side and shifting his position minutely as he practices some swings.
[11:46] <@Kotono> As Asher works, he gets a distinct feeling of desire. Not of that way, but a feeling of wanting something very badly. It comes as he practices, unsettling his normal motions.
[11:48] <@Asher> That compounds well with already existing frustration. Not. This only makes him pick up the pace, his movements more hurried, his swipes at the air more fevered. Somehow, he manages to work himself into an intense practice session with only a few steps in each direction, nearly knocking over the lamp in the corner as he moves about.
[11:49] <@Kotono> OOC - Soul check.
[11:49] <@Asher> roll 2d6
[11:49] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 4." [2d6=1, 3]
[11:53] <@Kotono> As Asher does he remembers - he remembers what he did dimly. Two strokes in a row, rapid speed, tapping into something. What did he tap into? He's not sure, but he can almost feel it, faraway and yet in his hand. His hand is dimly warm.
[11:56] <@Asher> Asher doesn't want to break off the momentum, still trying to move around and swerve and go at an even faster rate - but there's just not enough space in his room. Consequently, one of his swings neatly smacks into the side of the closet and causes a loud, vibrating echo as he winces instantly from the mistake and flinches back. His arm aches from the impact, as he backs off and stares down at it.
[11:58] <@Kotono> It's quite a blow - your closet door is slashed, the wood of it splintered and cut. His hand aches and stings, burning hot.
[11:58] <@Asher> Oh. Wow. That's bad.
[11:59] <@Asher> ...how the hell did that happen with a kendo stick?
[11:59] <@Asher> Asher shakes his head, relaxes his grip and walks over to inspect the door more closely.
[12:00] <@Kotono> It's not a great cut, a bit ragged - but it's a gash in the door indeed. It's pretty smooth, just uneven and uncontrolled.
[12:01] <@Asher> Well, as long as Mom doesn't ask any questions; not that she really spends much time in his room anyway. Shaking his head, he glances out of the window again and considers for a moment. It's not too late, is it? Maybe he could get away by hightailing it to the park or something.
[12:02] <@Asher> His free hand turns the knob of his door, bringing only his kendo stick with him and slowly makes his way down the stairs.
[12:03] <@Kotono> It's a bit past 9 30. So down Asher goes - Dad's watching TV and half dozing, Mom's already to bed you think.
[12:05] <@Asher> Bearable. Making it into the living room, he speaks up quietly. "Dad, I'm going out for a walk. I'll be back in time for bed." Slipping on sandals and approaching the front door, he pauses to make sure he gets approval - or at least doesn't hear an objection.
[12:09] <@Kotono> Dad merely nods. "Go on," he says, "Just get enough sleep for school tomorrow."
[12:11] <@Asher> Mmmmayup. With the front door creaking lightly as it opens and closes, he's off on the sidewalk, using the pale and dimmed streetlights to navigate as he makes his way down to the local park. Though he knows this route by heart, it's been such a long time since he's really just ambled around in his neighborhood that Asher feels a little mystified by it all.
[12:16] <@Kotono> It's not a great neighborhood. While safe, the middle class is just that - the ones in the middle. This set is in the lowish middle, living their lives quietly. It weaves through child stained houses - hopsotch markings, balls left around, that sort of thing. The park itself is well used, a small cubby of grass, a playground and rare trees. The Moon is bright tonight as you walk there.
[12:18] <@Asher> Taking in a deep breath of the night air, Asher takes the moment to immerse himself in the environ. It's rare that he's out much this late at night, and the darkness is invigorating rather than disturbing. With a slow and steady pace into the park, he circles the place once, twice, marking out the obstacles in his head and finding the most cleared-out region to practice in.
[12:18] <@Asher> Come to think of it, he didn't do his regimen today, the spar aside, and that's striking an odd tone with him - along with all the other events.
[12:20] <@Kotono> This is a grassy field past a small baseball diamond. Plenty of space here under the Moon, a good chance to work. No noe is about, only an occasional passing car far to the side.
[12:21] <@Asher> So. Gripping the kendo stick with both hands and pacing for a moment, the amount of illumination from lunar light above strikes him - he's never realized just how much that thing gives off. Looking upwards for a moment to admire the sight, Asher closes his eyes to block it out momentarily, shifting back into the start of his stance. With one step, two, three - sword out, pointed, held, he begins the exercise.
[12:23] <@Kotono> "...Mo..." A sense of longing fills Asher as he begins, poignant and overwhelming as his first move is made in the Moonlight. It nearly makes him cry in that moment of raw intensity, before it settles into something more neutral.
[12:26] <@Asher> Heart pounding still from that, rather than ignoring the sensation he lets it flow into his movements. His strikes and shifts, the movement of his feet, the arcs that the sword makes are all made with extreme precision and speed tonight. There's something inside that's been pumping for a while now, whatever it is, and he does his best to get it out, swinging and flowing back and forth in the park.
[12:29] <@Kotono> OOC - Soul check +1, Asher.
[12:32] <@Asher> roll 2d6 burn 20 EP
[12:32] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 burn 20 EP and gets 4." [2d6=3, 1]
[12:34] <@Kotono> So warm in his hand - as he dances, he feels it, hears it, lives it. A feeling to bring it, to take it...where? Somewhere? Somewhere - Pluto, Saturn.
[12:34] <@Kotono> It's very strong, the day's events a strange blur in his head.
[12:38] <@Asher> Coming up to the end of his regimen, Asher shuts his eyes completely. He wants to concentrate, grip on these feelings and figure out what they mean. Pluto? Saturn? Why the significance? He carries out the rest of his practice blind, his thoughts trying to converge on that one sensation, the throbbing warmth in his hand.
[12:40] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:40] * +Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=3, 4]
[12:45] <@Kotono> Asher just can't put his finger no it. It toys with him as he works, close but not close enough.
[12:49] <@Asher> And with an end to the exercise, he reopens his eyes and stands still momentarily, lowering his arm and heaving breaths in and out. For some reason, despite that workout being more intense than most, he isn't sweating at all - though the warmth remains. Staring down at the ground for a moment, his gaze lingers to the park around him, then the moon above.
[12:50] <@Asher> "Pluto. Saturn." His words are whispered rather than said. After all, despite how immersed he feels in these sensations, he still would prefer not to attract any attention with his nightly outing. As though saying the words would somehow bring the explanation to mind.
[12:50] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:50] * +Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=6, 1]
[12:52] <@Kotono> No help comes, only the moonlight flowing so freely from above. His sword is going cool in his hand now.
[12:52] <@Asher> Time to head home, then. It's getting really late. Taking the sword in hand, he ambles his way back home, and then to sleep.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Laggy

[09:41] <Kotono> ---Arc 2 setup go!---
[09:44] <Kotono> So a few days pass for Asher. As he gets back to work, he has plenty of time to think amid his work, Mokou looking on and nodding at ther ight times. OOOC - Feel free to start up your line of thoughts on things or grap another book if you were going to.
[09:51] <Asher> Asher seems to have taken a much greater interest in literature lately! This may be a bit confounding to old Mokou-san, since normally the boy is just always moving around the store and finding every last bit of rearrangement work he can possibly manage. But given that the place is more or less always tidily kept and in good order, he more makes work for himself than not.
[09:51] <Asher> So, today, she can catch him lingering around in some sections - astronomy again, glancing at some books here and there, pausing as he "rearranges" books and glancing from time to time - and although he does a good job of continuing to move around and get all the work that's needed to be done actually done, there's a definite slower, more deliberate pace. What to make of it, who knows?
[09:54] <Kotono> By a bit of fiat and luck Asher is deep in a book shelf row as two girls enter. A blonde and a firefly, both wearing T*A uniforms. The blonde restranedly waves to Mokou, as she just smiles and chuckles. "Asher. Visitors again."
[09:55] <Asher> "Alright, Mokou-san," he replies candidly, immediately setting back the books he'd had out and neatly sliding them back into their respective shelves. He stands up, gathering himself, dusting off here and there and his eyes finally trace around to see the newcomers. Only Mokou is probably observant enough to catch the split-second blanch that comes across his face.
[09:58] * Hotaru-chan just smiles lightly, drifting close to Kotono and staying close. Well, maybe she's being paranoid, but since when was that new? She waits on Asher rather, or Kotono, herself a bit of an addition to this.
[09:58] <Kotono> "Hi!" Kotono waves, but doesn't bound over or ramble. She just waves and approaches carefully. "So, um...how're you doing today?"
[09:59] <Asher> He forces a smile. "Just fine, thanks." His throat suddenly feels dry as he glances over to Mokou to see what exactly the old lady is expecting him to do. She -is- the one who normally handles customers...
[09:59] <Kotono> She just nods, "Go ahead and take a break if your friends are over," she allows. "Unless your'e shopping again, young lady?"
[09:59] <Kotono> Smiling at this, you can't help but notice a wicked gleam in her eye.
[10:00] <Asher> "Ah, Mokou-san, I just have one last section to finish shelving," Asher rambles in quickly, his feet already moving to the side. "Let me get that done first." With that, the boy quickly ducks behind a nearby stand and creeps away out of sight, shielded by the bookcase, and begins shelving. Very slowly!
[10:00] <Asher> This is also conveniently near the door.
[10:02] * Hotaru-chan sighs a little, shaking her head. "Is he always so dedicated?" she asks the manager curiously, with a bit of a smile.
[10:03] <Kotono> Kotono approaches slowly, "Okay, but hurry, I wanna talk. Okay?" Kotono says slowly, trying to be calm and blushing. She holds her hands at her midsection, nearly demure for now.
[10:06] <Asher> Kotono's eeriely calm demeanor is only setting off more and more alarms in Asher's mind as he drags out his work as much as possible. His face flushes slightly again, keeping that half-smile, half-panicked look tucked away just as each piece of literature gets tucked in, one by one. "Alright, sure." The fact that she wasn't acting weird and seemed all serious did not bode well.
[10:07] <Kotono> "Okay, just hurry? Um, it's kinda interesting and Hot-chan told me I can't get hyper so I'll be good and we just wanna talk, okay, so don't run off or hate me or anything, please!" Kotono whimpers at the end, bowing quickly and shuffling.
[10:08] <Asher> That was enough to set Asher to pause in his work, staring back up at the blonde with a bit of a stunned expression. He shook his head quickly, hand half-moving to continue where the pace left off. "Kotono, I don't hate you! Just... you know, I'm here to work and I need to get that done above all else. I feel guilty everytime I take time off when I should be doing something productive here."
[10:08] * Hotaru-chan sweatdrops, sighing a little and brushing Kotono's arm with her hand, trying to give some reassurance to the blonde. Better! Just...still awkward. Perfection can't be expected, though.
[10:09] <Kotono> "You don't?" Instantly Kotono is rejuvenated! Her worried look becomes a real smile, hands twitching in pre glomp energy! "That's wonderful! But this might be really important, okay? Please?"
[10:10] <Asher> A long, pensive sigh. He'd already been snared in the trap and he didn't even see it. Wonderful. Such was life. "Okay." With that, he sets back to finishing the job, which really wasn't requiring all that much in the first place, feeling slightly faint.
[10:11] <Kotono> "Thanks!" Kotono is beaming now, nodding and nearly shaking as she tries to stay still. "Oh, that's great, Hot-chan, so are you ready," she asks in a quieter voice.
[10:13] <Hotaru-chan> "I'm always ready," Hotaru notes softly back to the blonde, smiling more easily. At least she can keep control.
[10:16] <Asher> Why does this reek of a planned ambush? Completing the work on the shelf, Asher stands up slowly, allowing the time to let himself gather up. He tried to smile again, somewhat successfully, as he took one last shooting glance at Mokou back in the counter and allowed the stricken expression to overtake him for a moment.
[10:16] <Asher> Then turning back and keeping his eyes away from directly looking at the two, he leaned over and picked up both his pack and his kendo stick, swinging the former around his back and smiled sheepishly. "Alright, I guess a break's in order. What do you two have in mind?"
[10:16] <Kotono> Mokou smiles all too well, all too much. She certainly doesn't share Asher's worry at all!
[10:17] <Kotono> "Why don't we talk outside," Kotono suggests first off, glancing at Hotaru.
[10:18] <Asher> Asher merely gestures with a smile to the door, letting the two lead. Ladies first. Or something.
[10:21] <Kotono> So Kotono heads out, seeing the mostly empty parking lot and nodding. "Okay. Asher?"
[10:22] <Asher> "Mm?" He's last out and is setting down his pack, letting the kendo stick lean back as he stays behind the two.
[10:22] * Hotaru-chan hovers a bit, staying surprisingly quiet given their earlier meeting, and just staying behind Kotono at the moment.
[10:24] <Kotono> "So, um...remember when we talked about what you did at the end of that fight? Well, since I'm the President of the Supernatural club, it's my duty to investigate all these things, so you should tell me about it and we can learn and find out some amazing things, huh?"
[10:25] <Kotono> Kotono takes a breath after that, "Since really, it's not just that you're cute, which you are," Kotono adds, "But it's also interesting and awesome and all of that!"
[10:25] <Hotaru-chan> "And anything you might've thought of about hte voice that was saying 'Pluto'," Hotaru adds softly, leaning against a wall to watch.
[10:26] <Asher> Standing up and giving Kotono a long look, Asher's expression is the face of ... well, confusion. It settles out nicely to a more neutral look as he leans back casually against the bookstore wall and shakes his head, keeping his eyes level with Kotono's. "I don't know what to say, Kotono, or what was so special about that spar. I can't even remember what I did. Does it really matter that much?"
[10:27] <Kotono> "Yes!" Kotono says instantly, "What Hotaru-chan said, too!" Leaning forward intently, like a hyper chihuahua on it's prey, "Just tell me about it, please! We'll help you if it's bad, too!"
[10:28] <Asher> "If it's bad?" His voice rises from confusion to disbelief as he instinctively leans back farther, away from the incoming Kotono, who looks like a bloodhound.
[10:29] <Asher> "I think you've completely lost me..." Managed to utter beneath his breath as he continues keeping a close look on the blonde, pretty much not noticing Hotaru back against the wall over there. She could get attention.
[10:29] <Kotono> "We'll help you solve it or protect you or whatever, if it's something like a demonic sword or an ancient curse we won't leave you alone with it so you won't be in deep! After all, if we can't help people with the supernatural we're not mucho f a Supernatural club, are we, huh?"
[10:31] <Asher> Hand. Moving to forehead. Closed eyes. Light sound of thud against wall. Ow, that wall is harder than he thought. "Kotono, it was just a spar. If you could tell me exactly -what- was so mysterious and supernatural about it, then maybe I can go on something from there..."
[10:31] <Hotaru-chan> "Kochan..." Hotaru reprimands softly, smiling in slight amusement. "You're working yourself up again. And Asher...you emitted a flash of green when you nearly took my head off with that kendo stick..."
[10:31] <Asher> He winced at that. "Sorry. I really didn't mean to let it get that out of hand. But... flash of green?"
[10:32] <Hotaru-chan> "I've been through worse," Hotaru waves it off, quirking her head. "Yeah, you were even glowing a bit afterwards. Green energy around you and your ah...sword."
[10:33] <Asher> Looking back over to the more petite but equally visible Hotaru, he glanced back over at the kendo stick leaning near him and then back to the girl. His words were questioning. "You mean, an actual visual effect like in anime or something? That doesn't make any sense."
[10:33] <Kotono> Kotono nods as well, taking the reprimand in stride. "Yeah! That's part of why we're bugging you! Has anything else happened, huh?"
[10:33] <Asher> "I can move fast, but I can't exactly change light colors."
[10:34] <Asher> Um. He looked back down at Kotono, thinking back to the past night a couple of days ago. "Well, not really. I still practice everyday, but nothing like that's ever happened again."
[10:35] <Asher> "Always work up to a sweat, but I don't get dizzy and feel out of it like I did back then in the dojo. I figured that was just me not quite being used to sparring with an actual opponent."
[10:35] <Kotono> "Nothing?" Kotono looks crestfallen a moment, but nods anyway! "Well, something did happen, and we should get to the bottom of it, right?"
[10:35] <Hotaru-chan> "Nothing more like the voices that whispered Pluto?" Hotaru presses lightly, biting her lip. "Or anything spontaneous?"
[10:38] <Asher> Asher sighs in exasperation, hanging his head back as he stares up at the sky, half-slumping back against the wall. "You know what they say about people who have voices in their head, of course. I try best to pass that off as a slow decay of sanity rather than something extraordinary."
[10:39] <Kotono> "Well, insanity is sometimes just something supernatural that no one else wants to believe!" Kotono retorts quickly. "I mean, after all, if unicorns and aliens and magic exists, that means some of them are right and they're sane, huh, like I wonder if some of those guys in pysch houses are really sane...hey, that's ac lub trip!"
[10:39] <Kotono> Tapping at her lips as she gets off on a tangent, "That could b eawesome!"
[10:39] <Asher> ...more leaning back. More hugging the wall.
[10:40] <Hotaru-chan> "...No, Kochan. We are NOT visiting a psych ward," Hotaru sighs, glancing at Asher. "Just...let's presuppose you hit a nerve somewhere in all of this...bear with us? You didn't exactly say you hadn't..."
[10:41] <Kotono> "But...but anyway!" Kotono goes out without ruffling a feather, "We have to get to the bottom of it like Hotaru said!"
[10:41] <Asher> He held up a hand, looking back over to Hotaru with a tired expression. But his eyes were focused, and he acknowledged her with a brief nod. "Alright. Well, if I ever hear something like that, it's usually at night. Usually whispered tangents about Pluto, or Saturn. Or the Moon. A theme of celestial bodies. Kinda confusing, since I've never had much of an interest in the solar system..."
[10:42] <Hotaru-chan> "..." Hotaru takes a deep breath, and slips her hand into Kotono's, giving it a light squeeze. "Asher, are you free to go somewhere?"
[10:42] <Asher> "I got frustrated with it enough that I just went out for a walk one night and ran around trying to see if there was anyone playing with my mind." He shrugs slightly from his half-sitting position.
[10:42] <Asher> "Um... what do you have in mind?" He's more to attention now, standing back up a bit more and glancing instinctively back at the store. "And I'd have to get permission from Mokou-san."
[10:43] <Kotono> Kotono just nods, but she can't resist a quiet, "I was right!" Then she nods to Asher, "Yeah, this is serious now. We really need to go somewehre, okay?"
[10:44] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru's smile is tense and cryptic, taking a deep breath. "Just...mmm. Somewhere private, but other than that, I'd have to withhold information for now...just, either now, or when you're shift's done, it doesn't usually take long."
[10:45] <Asher> Pausing for a moment, Asher looks back at both of them, and for once he seems to hesitate, his eyes narrowing. Hotaru's words and posture seem to have struck something in him. Standing erect and arms hanging loosely at his sides, he speaks quietly. "What exactly is this all about that interests you two so much?"
[10:46] <Kotono> "Magic," Kotono says simply, shrugging. "We're being totally serious here, too."
[10:47] * Hotaru-chan nods, glancing around slowly. "Actually...yeah. I can give you a very, VERY small demonstration right here, but we preffer to not be in the public eye."
[10:47] <Asher> "Magic isn't much of an explanation," he replies in earnest, sounding a lot more serious. "Or just saying something is supernatural. I'm not the brightest mind in the world, but I know when someone knows something that I don't and being lead on by the nose while left in ignorance isn't exactly what I would call... preferable."
[10:48] * Hotaru-chan smiles. "Okay...this is just a little trick," she offers, holding a finger up to Asher's face, a good six inches away, and willing a soft orb of violet into her palm.
[10:48] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check -2
[10:49] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6-2
[10:49] <Reikobot> 1,0Hotaru-chan rolled :1,0 2d6-2 --> 1,0[ 2d6=8 ]12,0{6}
[10:51] <Kotono> To Hotaru's command a tiny shimmering orb of violet appears in her hand. Raw destructive energy, briefly marshalled to the command of it's mistress. It's quite pretty.
[10:51] <Hotaru-chan> "Don't touch it, it doesn't feel good unless you're controlling it," Hotaru warns softly, shaking her head.
[10:52] <Asher> He stares at it momentarily for the longest time, seeming almost entranced by its sight, but makes no motion to move closer. His face is a mixture of emotions: awe, disbelief, and even a bit of resignation. The shock dies away quickly, though, as he steps back and replies softly. "What is it?"
[10:53] <Kotono> "Destructivep ower and magic," Kotono nods, "If you want I can reverse gravity around you, since we can both kinda do magic." The last is a bit of a laugh, "And we're kinda wondering if you have magic too since we saw that!"
[10:54] <Hotaru-chan> "It's a little orb of destruction, not much," Hotaru nods, letting it collapse back into her body. "I can destroy, heal, and play around with a few varieties of black magic...don't ask about those until much later. You registered green, which could mean a lot of things."
[10:55] <Asher> "Destructive power." There's a bit of a note to that that can't quite be made out. Asher regards the two intently, taking in a deep breath. "Alright. You've made your point. Let me talk to Mokou-san... but she may need me until the shift is over."
[10:56] <Kotono> "Alright," Kotono nods, "We can wait since wel...at worst I hav etime magic too, sorta, so it's not like it'st hat big a deal even if I can't turn time around or anything, but that would be awesome!"
[10:56] <Asher> "One last thing, though." He directed his attention over at Hotaru again, his gaze lingering. "What causes this? Is there some specific condition in a person or place that makes the initial catalyst, or...?"
[10:57] <Hotaru-chan> "That, we'll tell you when we get somewhere private. Some of it is just natural talent in some places, but the fgull story? There is, but I can't explain here."
[10:57] <Kotono> Kotono nods, "It's kinda complicated, but we'll figure it out and how you relate, huh?"
[10:58] <Asher> He held his stare for a moment, expression blank now. It broke off with a slow nod, as he leaned down to pick up his pack and kendo stick. "If you say so..." There's still questions left unanswered in that voice, but he restrains them for now as he steps back to the bookstore door. "I'll let you know in a sec."
[10:59] * Hotaru-chan nods, smiling patiently.
[11:00] <Kotono> roll 1d2
[11:00] <Reikobot> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d2 --> 1,0[ 1d2=1 ]12,0{1}
[11:01] <Asher> It's only a minute or two later that he steps back out, still holding his possessions as he gives a faint smile to the two. "She's alright with it. Somehow I'm not entirely surprised. But I still need to come in for closing, so... this can't take -too- long."
[11:01] <Kotono> "Well, okay," Kotono agrees, "Say, Hot-chan! Let's take him to the campground?"
[11:02] <Hotaru-chan> "Don't worry...and yeah, I was thinking that," Hotaru agrees, glancing around for a good teleport spot.
[11:02] <Asher> Asher seems to catch on quickly to what Hotaru's looking for, as he angles this head. "If you want a quiet spot, over here."
[11:03] <Kotono> "You go do it - I'll take us home after," Kotono resolves, "Besides, I wanna do some demonstrations while we're there, huh?"
[11:03] <Asher> He trudges off through the parking lot, backpack on and kendo stick swaying back and forth as he eases his way to the end - the back of a multitude of buildings that comprise of the small shopping center the bookstore is a part of - and seems to disappear in a back alleyway.
[11:05] <Hotaru-chan> "Alright," Hotaru nods to Kotono, following Asher closely until they're out of sight. "This is going to be a little weird...it's teleportation," she offers, since Asher seems to want information, and she can certainly understand.
[11:06] <Asher> A brief nod. Despite the mass overload of relevations that have hit him, Asher seems to be taking it well. He stands matter-of-factly in the small, cramped, and not particularly well lit alley, his words pensive. "Explain as you go along and I'll try to follow up."
[11:08] * Hotaru-chan nods, smiling lightly. "How we teleport changes by person--it's a perspective thing. Roughly? You'll be carried in an energy surge formed from me through to somewhere else. It's a campground a ways away we use a lot," she mumurs, taking Asher's hand. "Here we go!" she warns, before willing them off!
[11:10] <Kotono> The distant murmur of a waterfall. A rush of energy. Both happen at once, but the latter remains. A small clearing the forest? Huh? It's nice here, green and cleaner aired. It's also quite pointedly not Tokyo in the least!
[11:11] <Kotono> *Former
[11:12] <Asher> Asher looks suitably surprised, glancing about with a lot of time spent observing his surroundings as he takes in a deep breath of the air. His hand draws away from Hotaru's as he takes a step or two forward, pausing, looking again. There's a quiet catch in his tone. "Where are we?"
[11:13] <Kotono> "A bit outside Tokyo - it's some nature park tract thingy that's camping grounds, but it's quiet here! It's kinda nice, and we teleport here when we have Sailor stuff or just wanna practice magic!"
[11:13] <Kotono> Kotono stops after that, "It's really cool here, and thewaterfall's great to go swimming in!"
[11:14] <Hotaru-chan> "Yeah, we took a sort of survival camping trip out here once," Hotaru nods. "It's isolated, so we keep coming back...either flying or teleporting, usually."
[11:14] <Asher> Right. Asher smiles to himself as he shakes his head at Kotono's train of thought and continues to look around. It's extremely rare indeed for him to get out of Tokyo, and these serene nature surroundings are something he hasn't been immersed in since his childhood trips to his grandparents.
[11:14] <Kotono> "I wanna fly some day..." Kotono murmurs, "But by making gravity not work for me and be cool!"
[11:15] <Kotono> "So, in short? WEll...how about we transform, Hot-chan?" Kotono concludes, "That'll help, huh?"
[11:15] <Asher> "Transform?" That word immediately snared into his mind and caught his attention fully as he whipped around.
[11:15] <Hotaru-chan> "Probably," Hotaru nods, getting her transformation pen, raising it. "Saturn Crystal Power, Make Up!" she calls.
[11:17] <Kotono> "Yep! Pluto Crystal Power, Make UP!" Kotono calls as well! The two girls flash violet and green, each immersed in their power! So the Sailors of Pluto and Saturn are born again. The Silence Glaive and the Staff of Time and Space, short skirted heroines ready!
[11:19] <Asher> Blinkety blink blink oh blink! Yay colors! Yay blinding flashes! Asher steps back a moment, his head a whirlpool of ascending and descending hues until the two senshi finish their business, and he is left speechless as he stares over the two. Quite literally. Those are also short skirts...
[11:19] <Asher> Blink again. Let reality return to his head as things try to clear up a bit. Okay. Deep breath. That's right. "...what the hell did you just do?"
[11:20] <Hotaru-chan> The outfit is...interesting. Knee high violet boots with mean looking heels cover Hotaru's feet and calves, a stretch of bare legs until the black and gold hemmed violet skirt takes over. Underneath it is a white leotadrd, decorated by maroon bows, while Hotaru's arms are covered in black gloves. There's a rather wicked looking polearm of sorts in ehr hands, too.
[11:20] <Kotono> "We transformed into Sailor Pluto and Sailor Saturn!" Kotono explains simply. "Which is why I bet your sword was saying Pluto and Saturn!"
[11:21] <Kotono> *OOC - strike, stupid mistake.
[11:21] <Kotono> "We transformed into Sailor Pluto and Sailor Saturn!" Kotono explains simply. "Which is why I bet you heard Pluto and Saturn, sincec that's us and it's really cool and awesome!"
[11:24] * Hotaru-chan nods. "These are...well, this is us as the Princess of Pluto," she indicates Kotono, "And the Princess of Saturn," she indicates herself. "There's Moon, Jupiter, Mercury, and Mars, as well."
[11:24] <Asher> Deeeeeep breath. Well, no, he doesn't quite so it that dramatically, but oxygen seems to be rapidly short supply. Asher holds up a hand to his forehead again, rubbing it tentatively. "And you all come from these planets?"
[11:24] <Hotaru-chan> "...No, that's the background part," Hotaru snickers softly.
[11:25] <Kotono> "Right! We were all born here! We're not alients, but that would be awesome if we were, huh, and have UFOs to call on!" Giddly, Kotono hops up and down -a s you notice Asher's sword is beginning to glow softly - greenish, mostly.
[11:26] <Hotaru-chan> "Most of us are reincarnated...Moon and Pluto aren't, but that's an unrelated story. Regardless, this is all inherited from the Moon Kingdom, which existed a number of millenia we're not really able to discern ago."
[11:28] <Asher> "I... um." No, it would be a lie to say if he saw it. He didn't. At all. But that would happen eventually. Maybe. Asher just shook his head, looked for a place around to sit down. "I think it'd be best if you explained this from the very chronological start, if you don't mind."
[11:28] <Kotono> "Hot-chan, maybe I should go get some takeout for dinner for us," Kotono opines innocently, nodding, "I mean, it's a long sotry and it's interestinga nd it always takes awhile to tell!"
[11:29] * Hotaru-chan snickers, nodding and waving. "Go on, Kochan, just don't forget to detransform," she nods, sitting on a rock across from Asher.
[11:30] <Kotono> A moment later Pluto is gone, Kotono is back! Then Kotono is gone, just like that!
[11:31] <Asher> Asher obediently takes a spot on the opposite side, reflexively letting his pack down and his kendo stick... um, why's it glowing green. Oh, whatever. He'll keep that held and as a leaning post as Hotaru, or "Sailor Saturn", explains.
[11:31] <Kotono> It's softly glowing green, getting warm in our hand. Really warm.
[11:32] <Asher> OOC: Our, huh. We're holding this sword together, huh.
[11:32] <Kotono> *His
[11:32] <Kotono> *I suck.
[11:33] <Asher> And then suddenly seems to snap. "Get what?! I'm wide awake right here! What the hell do you want?" There's an insurmountable amount of frustration in his voice.
[11:33] <Asher> However, his words seem to not be directed at Hotaru at all. Or anything in particular. Asher seems to be yelling at the air.
[11:34] <Hotaru-chan> "...Say what?" Hotaru asks, throwing her senses out to Asher, and the air around him. Something's up!
[11:34] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check.
[11:34] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6
[11:34] <Reikobot> 1,0Hotaru-chan rolled :1,0 2d6 --> 1,0[ 2d6=2 ]12,0{2}
[11:36] <Kotono> OOC - Roll 1d6 and add this to the crit chart scorecard?
[11:36] <Hotaru-chan> roll 1d6
[11:36] <Reikobot> 1,0Hotaru-chan rolled :1,0 1d6 --> 1,0[ 1d6=6 ]12,0{6}
[11:39] <Hotaru-chan> "...Now aren't you an interesting specimen," Hotaru notes with a raised eyebrow, eyeing Asher clsoely. "Who're you talking to? The sword?" she guesses.
[11:39] <Asher> Asher seems to be trying to calm down, taking in deep, slow breaths with his eyes closed. A relaxation technique. Hotaru can see his hands balling into fists, closing, opening again.
[11:39] <Asher> "I don't even -know-." His eyes snap open again as he stares down at the glowing kendo stick, hefting it up and looking at it in consternation. "Are you talking to me?"
[11:40] <Hotaru-chan> "It's the only other magic presence I'm picking up besides you..." Hotaru answers, nodding a little.
[11:41] <Asher> "It says I need to see Serenity. Something about me not being good enough to wake it up." Asher looks mildly offended at that, swinging the thing around experimentally.
[11:42] <Kotono> It feels really light, like air. Like it's not a weight in Asher's hand at all. It also makes the air whistle as if he was swinging it harder.
[11:42] <Asher> ...it didn't that before. Getting up and leaping to his feet, practice takes over; Asher tries a few more experimental swipes, moving forth in the light grass.
[11:42] <Hotaru-chan> "...Oh, Serenity. Yeah, she'd be the Queen," Hotaru nods, snickering. "She was queen during the Moon Kingdom, and we managed to resurrect her from her ghostly state a couple years ago..."
[11:42] <Asher> *do that
[11:44] <Asher> "Mmf." He's already falling back into his regimen again, dancing around in the park and going through the routine. This time, though, at least in comparison with Hotaru's experience with him back at the dojo, Asher's movements seem to be hyperaccelerated: they flow and motion faster than before, his form and swings carrying through the air nearly in a blur.
[11:45] <Asher> So much, in fact, that in one dance-like routine, he literally overdoes it and slips on the grass, letting out a quiet yelp as he smacks into the ground, back first.
[11:46] <Kotono> The sword begins to cool down, glow becoming far fainter.
[11:46] <Asher> "...this'll take getting used to." Asher lets out a small groan as he gets back up to his feet, starting back over to the other side of the rock. "Sorry about that. I can get carried away in my routine."
[11:48] * Hotaru-chan tries to hold back a smile and snicker. "It's fien, I've gotten carried away with magic before..."
[11:48] <Hotaru-chan> *fine
[11:49] <Asher> Regardless, Asher's composure seems to have much improved despite the new load of knowledge that's landed on him; his head turns rapidly to assert the surroundings again, and he nods quickly to Hotaru's words. "But, sorry about that. As you were saying...?"
[11:50] * Hotaru-chan coughs a little, nodding. "There was the Moon Kingdom, and after that came the war. Metallia and her generals aattacked, killed most or all of us, it's unclear who died how, and then Serenity shattered Metallia with the silver crystal, sending us forward to be reincarnated...we don't remember any of it, to be honest, but the moon cats, Serenity, Jadeite, and Jun all said basically the same thing."
[11:52] <Asher> Though he looks like he wants to interject at times to ask something, Asher remains resolutely quiet.
[11:53] <Kotono> "Baaack!" Kotono calls, in a flash and holding a big plastic bag full of what looks to be Western style fast food. McDonalds? "What's up now?"
[11:53] <Hotaru-chan> "Starting off from the Moon Kingdom war after Asher and his sword got in an argument. He was told to go to Serenity to wake it up," Hotaru nods, smiling easily to Kotono. "I was just about to start in March of '92 when we woke up."
[11:54] <Kotono> "Oooh! It's from the Moon Kingdom or something, that's awesome and I wonder if he's like a cute knight like Mamoru was or somethign awesome, huh?!"
[11:54] <Kotono> Sitting down as she unpacks the food and drinks, "That would be too cool, especially if he has a car for us or something when we don'tw anna teleport, but honestly cars aren't that important to us now, you know?"
[11:55] <Asher> Asher's head feels a little faint now.
[11:56] <Hotaru-chan> "They really aren't," Hotaru agrees softly, shaking her head. "Just go with it, Asher, you get used to it. Anyway...sometime in March, Usagi, Crown Princess of the Moon, woke up, and started fighting things draining people's energy...followed by Mercury, followed by me, then Jupiter, Mars, and finally the utter mess of Pluto and its transfer."
[11:57] <Asher> He shoots a glance at Kotono as Hotaru finishes the last bit of that statement, his eyes darting wildly. "I see."
[11:57] <Asher> "Things draining people's energy?"
[11:57] <Kotono> Koton nods. "Right! Their life energy! It's like what makes us go and we make it naturally, but to evil things it's really potent!"
[11:58] <Asher> "I figured that much, Kotono," he replied politely with a strained smile. "I was more inquiring about these 'things'."
[11:58] * Hotaru-chan nods. "It was ah...mmm. That goes back a ways in history, I forgot to cover," Hotaru nods. "When Serenity shattered Metallia, she didn't quite die. Instead, she became a parallel world of sorts to Earth, formed primarily of her corpse. The attackers were coming from there."
[11:59] <Kotono> "That makes it sound like they were antibodies from Metallia or magggots on her body or something, which while cool, I think the entire Generations of Darkness thing was a little cooler," Kotono looks thoughtful, getting a milkshake and starting to suck chocolate down.
[11:59] <Asher> The fact that this seemed to be coming straight out of a sci-fi novel or something equally out there didn't seem to bother Asher in the slightest. Instead, he kept pressing for more details. "Why was there conflict in the first place? From Metallia, or this parallel world?"
[12:01] <Hotaru-chan> "From Metallia? We don't know exactly. 'Evil' would be the stereotype, but I don't claim to know her motivations. The extremely cut down version is that at least half of her generals survived, and one turned evil, beginning to absorb what remained of Metallia's power. The 'things' that attacked Earth were people with a bit of Metallia's essence infused in them and brought out. It's a side effect of being born on Gaia until recently."
[12:03] <Asher> "Gaia, then." If nothing else, he seemed to be absorbing all of this quickly. "Does the Moon Kingdom exist yet today? I'm asking because you're implying that all the Sailors seem to be on Earth, when you were supposed to be guardians of the Kingdom."
[12:04] <Asher> Oh, and. Those are short skirts. The back of his mind wonders if that kind of attire is entirely appropriate for combat.
[12:05] <Hotaru-chan> "The Moon Kingdom does not exist...I actually asked that once," Hotaru snickers. "While I was in a dream over Saturn's cities with Serenity...everything was dependent on the Silver Crystal, and it was shattered into four pieces, hidden, and only just reunited...so most likely, there are nos ruvivors, for all our hopes."
[12:07] <Asher> Trying to imagine the extent as to the loss of what was just described was impossible, but nevertheless Asher bit down on his lips and nodded softly. "I see. Sorry for all the interruptions... I'm not fond of loose ends, though, as I'm sure you've figured out." A brief smile. "Go on."
[12:09] <Hotaru-chan> "No no, it's fine, I operate better from questions, because I kep wandering down a tangent or forget things..." Hotaru admits with a small, embarrassed laugh. "Um...okay, that's the basics of Gaia. All told? We fought a war in Tokyo of sorts...ah, you might've heard of 'extreme cosplayers' during the spring of '92, a weird rash of 'gas leaks', and that sort...a lot of it was us," she admits.
[12:11] <Asher> That was the end of junior high. Asher thinks back for a moment, trying to vaguely recall the news reports and any TV he might have watched during that time, but it didn't amount to much. Just a scant story or two that flashed by quickly. "A bit," he manages. "I'm actually amazed that you've managed to keep all of this - the war, magic, transformation - under wraps from the public eye."
[12:15] <Hotaru-chan> "Honestly? It's not that hard. When you crash the average energy sucking operation, there's not a single conscious person in the vicinity," Hotaru shrugs, smiling lightly. "Even the couple f times we did it in public were just odd...like Eleni. We nearly pasted her in front of our entire school, but everyone was too out of it to figure it."
[12:16] <Kotono> "It works out like that." In the quiet Kotono sucked down one large milkshake in about six seconds, the second done at a mildly saner pace but still gone. SHe got about eight of thosethings!
[12:18] <Hotaru-chan> "So we disappeared for a month, taking the war to Gaia...and essentially, wrapped up old business there. Metallia's killed utterly, Jadeite--her surviving evil general--is dead with her, and everything's been essentially quiet for two and a half years until you showed up," Hotaru nods.
[12:18] <Asher> "Mm." He... um, couldn't help but stare at Kotono's marvelous milkshake-consuming skills and have part of his attention riveted at that. Wow. Well. "So as of right now, there is no more war or threat that you have to fight?"
[12:19] <Hotaru-chan> "Not as of currently, though that hardly means there isn't one, seeing as there are yet other dimensions or planes in existence, seeing as the Beast Lord--who's sorta unrelated to most of this--took us to a third one, so something could always pop up," Hotaru nods.
[12:19] <Kotono> "Not right now!" Kotono beams back, nodding as she watches Asher stare. She blushes, even going to play with the collar of her shirt a bit.
[12:21] <Asher> Noticing that, he looks back over to Hotaru, refocusing his expression. "So basically, you just remain on guard. While looking for strange oddities or unnatural things that could lead to potential trouble. Like me." That faint smile again.
[12:22] <Asher> "I guess that'd explain the whole supernatural club business, if nothing else." He leaned back on the rock, putting some of his weight against it, some against the leaning kendo stick that served excellently as a post.
[12:22] <Kotono> "Well, that and the Supernatural is just too awesome, isn't it, and worth studying and interesting and like you?" Kotono blurbs out at once, looking a bit crestfallen as her hands fall.
[12:23] <Hotaru-chan> "It's partly just because I can act really paranoid sometimes and sensing magic's kind of easy...but yeah. We stay in practice for the most part, play around with general magic..." Hotaru murmurs, smiling wryly. "Actually, the supernatural club predates the senshi...it was a freak coincidence that everyone in it was winvolved one way or another."
[12:24] <Kotono> "It was totally fate!" Kotono corrects, "Since fate is lik ethat and it's probably brought you to us!
[12:24] <Kotono> "
[12:24] <Kotono> Sliding a little closer to Asher and smiling, "Fate's...wonderful, isn't it?" she asks, eyes luminous and large.
[12:24] <Hotaru-chan> "...Kochan," Hotaru warns gently, smiling in slight but warm exasperation.
[12:25] <Asher> He regards Kotono again with a slight twinkle in his eyes, the beginnings of a smirk starting. "If you want to think of it that way, Kotono. But even if everything's fated, you're never going to know just how and where things will click together, now, will you? You'd need time travel for that, or somet -" He shuts up abruptly, suddenly realizing the implications of that.
[12:26] <Hotaru-chan> "...Asher, she's the Princess of Time and Space, don't encourage her," Hotaru whimpers.
[12:26] <Asher> "I'm new to this magic thing!"
[12:26] <Kotono> ".....oooooooh." Kotono's eyes go wider, and in a flash! Asher's arm is taken, Kotono nuzzling against his side. "Oh! We're go timetravel and find it out together and it'll be awesome and we'll get Jesus to marry us and Buddha to  bless our house and it'll be too cool and we'll live in Camelot and get Excalibur for fun and it'll be just too much!"
[12:26] <Asher> He makes a face and nearly falls over.
[12:26] <Asher> Kotono attached, apparently.
[12:26] <Hotaru-chan> "...Kochan..." Hotaru nearly cries. "You're doing it again..."
[12:27] <Kotono> Kotono stays on board the USS AsherManmeat nonetheless! "Won't it, Hot-chan, and you call can be just just just...ooooh!"
[12:28] <Asher> Asher is trying to breathe.
[12:28] <Asher> Unsuccessfully.
[12:28] <Kotono> Sec'\
[12:28] <Hotaru-chan> "...No, Kot-chan, let go of him. Or he won't like you," Hotaru puts it bluntly, hoping...
[12:28] <Asher> Trying to get up. Attempt. No! It is hard to get up with hyperactive blonde on your person!
[12:35] <Kotono> This is a problem! Asher get slet loose a little bit, at least able to sorta breathe! "But..." Kotono says, still clinging like a giant blonde leech.
[12:39] * Halbarad is now known as Takeshi
[12:40] <Hotaru-chan> "Kochan...I really don't want to put it this way..." Hotaru sighs. "This is mean, but...as the one of us who's actually succeeded with boyfriends...and who was far less enthusiastic about it...you're not doing yourself any favors."
[12:44] <Kotono> "But..." Kotono whimpers, just holding onto poor Asher.
[13:08] <Asher> Asher's face looks a little ashen gray as he struggles a bit and gets back up, finally realizing the only way he's going to -do- that is to get a grip on the problem at hand. Grabbing onto Kotono's hand and yanking himself upwards, his expression is a world of weariness. "It's okay, really. Just.. uh..."
[13:08] <Asher> "Some of us have energy limits, Kotono." He tried to smile warmly, but it came out sorta like a tired grin.
[13:09] <Kotono> "It' sokay!" Kotono gently snuggles her face into his shoulder. "You're just so warm and cute and...mmmm! Magical!"
[13:10] <Asher> His face falls. Dramatically. In utter defeat. "Actually, I'm moderately sure I'm not magical. Hotaru?"
[13:11] * Hotaru-chan sighs softly. "Firstly, Kochan, you STILL aren't doing many favors and ah...Asher, you glowed as green as Mako-chan or Kochan," Hotaru ndos to the blonde. "I'm not sure what shade of green, but it wasn't JUST your sword."
[13:13] <Asher> "Is the color supposed to signify some particular trait?" Mild curiosity, as he takes in stride the still dangerously close-in-proximity Kotono well. Somehow. His gaze remained on Hotaru, though, seeking answers.
[13:14] <Kotono> Kotono is latched on, still not seeming to understand the concept of personal space! "Uh huh! Maybe you...maybe you're Pluto's knight or something to protect me?!"
[13:14] <Kotono> Nuzzling again, "That would be too awesome and it really would be fate again and again and we'd just be too perfect!"
[13:14] <Asher> Asher resists the urge to sink back, crawl away into a hole and disappear forever.
[13:15] <Asher> Remarkable tolerance! Really. His face is pretty much all but red, albeit he maintains his grip on sanity by pointedly looking at the other senshi present.
[13:16] <Hotaru-chan> "Magic itself in my perceptiosn is color coded--all energy is associated to an element, which has a color. Some colors shade for vastly different aspects though. Kochan is an odd mix of black and green, but shares not very much in common with my mix of black and violet, or Jupiter's mix of green with occasional flickers of blue or violet," Hotaru explains, shaking her head with a long sigh.
[13:16] <Hotaru-chan> "He could also be mine, Kochan. The houses interbred frequently according to Serenity, so he could be associatedc with any one of us."
[13:16] <Asher> "...houses... interbred?"
[13:17] <Hotaru-chan> "The royal houses of each planet," Hotaru snickers. "Intermarried I suppose would be the ah...common term," Hotaru nods.
[13:17] <Asher> Asher now looks a lot less sure about all of this in general. Unfortunately, any amount of inching back is made excessively hard with the obstacle on him. "Um, wait, hold on. I'm pretty sure I'm not related to anyone from the Moon Kingdom. Or anything at all. I know my family background and everything."
[13:17] <Kotono> "Maybe we can share him," Kotono giggles a moment, playing with Asher's chest, running a finger there as she purrs. Nearly litterally, shaking in bliss. "I'm kidding, you've had that Yoshi and others!"
[13:19] <Asher> Okay. That's TOO much. Asher, with as much patience as he can possibly muster, takes Kotono's hand and gently but firmly holds it back. He gives her a long look in exasperation. "Kotono, please."
[13:19] <Hotaru-chan> "...Jeez, Kotono, let go or he'll be able to file sexual harrassment charges..." Hotaru whimpers. "And ah...it doesn't have anything to do with your current family, Asher. I know my family history just well."
[13:19] <Kotono> "...sorry," Kotono finally relents, scooting back and away. To hide her blush she begins eating some fries and another milkshake - more the latter than the former.
[13:20] <Hotaru-chan> "And Yoshi and Tsuruichi were the only ones to really count," Hotaru grumbles.
[13:21] <Asher> Asher does his best to overlook this bickering and slowly manages to claim his own personal space again by leaning more casually against the rock, mulling over his thoughts. "You mentioned knights, though. I assume they were the male equivalents of the Sailors, or something, for the Moon Kingdom?"
[13:21] <Kotono> "I dunno...it was just a cool idea, and there is Mamoru?" Kotono just shrugs a little, still redfaced.
[13:22] <Hotaru-chan> "Closest we've ever had was...yeah, Mamoru. He was associated with something else a little, but who knows. It's just a muse point to be honest. Your sword mentioned Serenity though, which is mildly damning..."
[13:23] <Asher> "Damning." Asher didn't look entirely enthuisastic about that. "To what degree?"
[13:24] <Hotaru-chan> "You've mentioned only planets there are current senshi of, you mentioned our queen directly, you don't register as either hostile or neutral to my magic senses...I usually get neck cramps, headaches, or a mild buzz from anything except Moon Kingdom era magic."
[13:24] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru just shrugs, smiling wryly. "It doesn't get much more damning shor tof dragging you before Serenity or a moon cat."
[13:27] <Asher> Another one of those pensive sighs that seemed to be Asher's trademark. "Well, at least it's a pretty obvious road. I prefer directions to wandering blindly around and inadvertently embarassing myself in front of all-girl dojos." He chuckled a bit, some of the tension fading at that. "Speaking of which, all things considered, I'd probably better listen to that command. How would I go about meeting Serenity?"
[13:29] <Hotaru-chan> "That's easy, she lives in Juuban," Hotaru answers easily, grinning. "We could take you there tonight or...whenever, really."
[13:30] <Asher> He gave the moment some consideration. It'd be weird to come up home even later than normal, but everything that had hit him today was screaming at him to find out more. And more. And the sword -had- said that it needed to be awakened soon... "I think I might be able to manage that. After closing ends at Mokou-san's bookstore. If it's alright with you two."
[13:30] <Kotono> Kotono nods quietly, actually being normal for once. Sorta.
[13:30] <Kotono> Working on a third milkshake, she just nods and smiles. "Cool!"
[13:31] * Hotaru-chan nods. "That's fine, I don't have plans tonight until later."
[13:31] <Asher> "...and what is it with everyone seemingly living in the same district?" Asher looks a bit exasperated at that.
[13:31] <Asher> "Let me guess." He holds up a hand, predicting Kotono's words instantly. "Fate. Right. How silly of me to forget."
[13:32] <Hotaru-chan> "Well, not everyone. According to Jun, one moved away from Juuban the other two just never made it here...Serenity settled here because the rest of us were here. And really? We don't know how we all got into Juuban," Hotaru corrects shrugging with a smile.
[13:33] <Hotaru-chan> "Relative distance at time of death to time of reincarnation? I don't know," Hotaru snickers.
[13:34] <Asher> Asher shudders a bit at that thought. "As though it were that simple. I'm sure the implications of everything you've told me is going to hit me over the head tonight and drive me insane."
[13:35] <Hotaru-chan> "Just make sure you retain enough sanity to last until I scream you into submission," Hotaru offers, smiling.
[13:36] <Asher> "I'll keep that in mind," he offers back dryly. Standing up from the relative comfort of the rock, he slings his backpack over his shoulder again, twirling the kendo stick around and bringing it to his side. "Right now, though, I should probably get back in time for closing. Where should I meet you up later tonight?"
[13:38] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru hops off her rock, humming softly. "You don't have...bah," Hotarus hakes her head, letting go of Saturn in this moment.  "Dunno, any place you'd preffer? We can get aorund pretty easily."
[13:40] <Asher> "Same place we came from should work, if subtlety's a concern, unless your teleportation doesn't come with flashy visual effects." He nodded bemusedly, stepping forward and glancing back to see how the now-quiet Kotono was doing.
[14:06] <Kotono> Kotono just nods, "Um, I bought a lot of this, like 3,000 yen worth, if you guys are hungry since I can't eat it all?" So she says, but nods nonetheless. She's semi in touchw ith reality?! "We'll see you tonight and get whon needs to be there there?"
[14:07] <Hotaru-chan> "Mine? Nope, has to flash...just the way it works out," Hotaru admits, shrugging and nodding. "We've got time to pass, Kochan, we can probably just eat dinner here once I drop him off."
[14:08] <Asher> "Sounds good, then," Asher says matter-of-factly, gathering his stuff and getting ready for be whisked away in the wonders of this teleportation business. He looks oddly nonchalant. "Where should I meet you up after my shift?"
[14:09] <Hotaru-chan> "That alleyway," Hotaru nods, taking Asher's hand. "When do you get off?"
[14:11] <Asher> He relinquishes it without a fuss! "Probably around six or so, give or take a few minutes. Mokou-san is flexible about closing hours, so as long as we don't pick up some stray customers near the end, I should be out by then."
[14:17] * Hotaru-chan nods, and in a flash, takes them back to the alleyway, letting go of his hand.
[14:17] <Asher> "See you tonight, then." Asher departs Hotaru with a wave and one last glance into the alleyway before making his escape back to the bookstore.
[14:58] <Kotono> So Asher returns! Back to Mokou, smiling and nodding to herself as her worker reenters.
[14:59] <Asher> Asher pronounces coming back with a standard polite greeting and then it's straight. Back. To work. He doesn't want to give Mokou the chance to interrogate him just yet, not after all of that was unloaded on his brain.
[15:02] <Kotono> So Asher has time them, Mokou not pursuing it for now?
[15:03] <Asher> Yes. Time. Make the hour go quickly, he does. The very small trickle of visitors and subsequent browsing give him matters to attend to as the clock ticks away.
[15:04] <Kotono> But eventually all good things come to an end. "Lock up," Mokou calls as she finally rises up. "I think it's time tonight to."
[15:06] <Asher> "Yes, Mokou-san," the automatic reply comes. With a quiet hiss of compressed papers against wooden shelf, Asher finishes the last section he needs to get done and snags his items, moving over to the door and clicking it locked before stepping out. "Good night."
[15:08] <Kotono> "My aren't you in a hurry," she chuckles as Asher heads out. "Good ngiht."
[15:09] <Asher> He decides to pointedly not reply to that as the door quietly shuts. And just to make sure the old lady doesn't get more thoughts in her head then there already undoubtedly are, Asher takes the long route around the building to reach the alleyway. Away from prying windows and eyes.
[15:12] <Asher> And there within does he find a teleport-on-her-fingertips girl, or has he been shamelessly abandoned for the evening?
[15:15] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru is there indeed, changed into warmer looking almost velvetish pants and a sweater, both black. "Need a lift?" she asks dryly, smiling.
[15:16] <Asher> He raises an eyebrow at the change of attire, shaking his head somewhat. "I think it'll be a while before I start to accept these concepts as routine. I hope I didn't make you wait too long?"
[15:21] <Hotaru-chan> "No, not long," Hotaru snickers, covering a yawn and holding out her hand. "You'll get used to it. Just hope you never have to invade a dimension. That was CHAOS."
[15:22] <Asher> "I can imagine," Asher replies sardonically - and of course he couldn't. Taking her offered hand, he spoke up again before she began her motions. "A question, though. What should I know about Serenity? I'd like not to embarass myself again, and all."
[15:25] <Hotaru-chan> "Ah...it's hard to do, actually. She tends to avoid taking her old title seriously...and if you catch me being formal, I'm pretty much just playing around," Hotaru shakes her head. "She's just a very, very nice lady at the heart of it. She knows magic, but..." she shrugs, making a face. "She really just doesn't come off as much more than that unless you're looking for it."
[15:26] <Asher> Pausing to take another one of those routine deep breaths, Asher nods slowly. "Alright. If that's it, then. I'm ready."
[15:28] <Hotaru-chan> "Oh...er...don't mind it if she does stuff in your head, she kind of information dumped some of us with spells once or twice..." Hotaru warns lightly, before they disappear in another blur of violet, going to a house of so many memories.
[15:30] <Kotono> Trees. It's strange in Tokyo, but you get the impression this place is somehow isolated. The street is very quiet and secluded - not with money, but simply that it looks like few people ever come this way. Amid a tree filled lot is a house - freshly painted pearly white with silver and golden highlights. Two stories, the second clearly in progress, the roof having tarp over it. It's marred by having some construction stuff about, but it lo
[15:30] <Kotono>  about, but it looks mostly done.
[15:31] <Hotaru-chan> "I swear she's building a replacement moon palace in miniature..." Hotaru murmurs, shaking her head and going up to the front door, knocking.
[15:33] <Asher> "It's beautiful," the boy following her murmurs, clearly impressed by the sight. The new imagery that he's been getting in comparison to the past many years of his life is a stark - and pleasant - contrast.
[15:35] <Asher> Suddenly, something strikes him. "Is Kotono here?" The absence of said excessive-bundled blonde seems odd, in a way. There's a hint of hope in that question. Hope for what. We wonder.
[15:36] <Hotaru-chan> "She's inside," Hotaru answers, breaking the bad news to the poor boy. "Serenity might keep her calmer, I hope."
[15:37] <Asher> He takes it in stride with a momentarily closing and reopening of his eyes. "I suppose it was to be expected." That's all that's said, though, as he continues to follow Hotaru into the house.
[15:37] <Asher> Or, well, wait at the front door if it's still closed.
[15:39] <Kotono> The front door is closed, but it's answered - is this the Queen? She has short, pageboy cut brown hair and an average face. Pretty average all around - breasts without being huge, waist without being big, a simple pair of tan cut slacks and a soft blue-green T-shirt. "Heya, they're in the back," she gestures vaguely, giving Asher a critical once over. "That's him?
[15:40] <Asher> She certainly didn't strike him as someone of queenly demeanor. Nor does Asher feel all that comfortable with such a thorough look. He forces a smile and little else, letting Hotaru speak up here.
[15:40] <Hotaru-chan> "He's the newbie," Hotaru nods, glancing between them. "Asher, this is Janna, she's from the parallel plane I mentioned."
[15:41] <Hotaru-chan> "She doesn't do magic, she doesn't do combat, but she gives GREAT advice," Hotaru provides, smirking at the older woman.
[15:41] <Kotono> "Right. Um, wash your face?" Janna tries lamely, a nicely wood style floor ahead. "Take off your shoes, too."
[15:42] <Asher> "I'll be sure to keep that in mind," he spoke candidly, feeling a little overwhelmed and intimidated here. And, assuming his "escort" leads on, he'll do just that.
[15:43] * Hotaru-chan sticks her tongue out at Janna, heading inside and slipping her shoes off, waving Asher after her. "Kotono any calmer?" she asks softly, wanting a LITTLE warning.
[15:44] <Asher> Asher slips in discreetly behind and also removes said footwear, standing full at attention but otherwise doing a good job of staying out of sight.
[15:45] * Usagi has quit IRC (bedtime -=SysReset 2.53=-)
[15:46] <Kotono> "Little," Janna waves a hand back and forth, wobbling. Inside is a large 'guest' room. Fairly nice chairs and tables and stands are about. A few discreet nature paintings are here, as well as one of the Moon itself. A moon that glows so white that it's craters are invisible, breattaking in that moment of brilliance. A fireplace is on the far end, a few chairs that look nice but lik ethey haven't been sat in for a long time.
[15:47] <Hotaru-chan> "...I feel almost like I should be coming by more just to make this place look lived in..." Hotaru murmurs, glancing around as they head towards the back, towards a queen and a princess.
[15:48] <Kotono> "Are you kidding? Serenity's the one that wants it to look nice. Sitting room and all that." A light shrug from Janna as you head through an archway - thisr oom does look better. More lived in - couches and chairs, a TV, radio, bookshelves, a window to the back - some scrubby trees back there as well. Sitting here is a blonde, demurely resting her hands in ehr lap for now. (More)
[15:51] <Kotono> It's strange. The sight of her makes your heart leap. Not Kotono, even though it looks like she just brushed her long hair out. The woman next to her - a fairylike gown of the softest white silk, clinging to her body and pooling at her feet. Her pink hair, that falls freely down her back like cotton candy. The way her forehead glows with a golden crescent moon. Her smile, charming and peaceful beyond words. A sense of presence, of tranquil
[15:52] <Kotono> of tranquility. "Asher Shinsei," she inclines her head, "Welcome. I welcome you as the Queen of the Moon, for I believe that you have a part of the long lost Moon Kingdom."
[15:52] <Asher> (backwinding a bit)
[15:52] <Asher> Asher hesitates for a moment, simply not used to seeing such splendor - or even this much open space inside of a house. But the moment passes quickly, as he notices Hotaru's advancing figure and follows quickly in tow. That vague feeling of intimidation and/or a sense of being completely out of place is still there, and it grates on his every step.
[15:53] <Asher> Going through the archway, standing a good deal taller than the more petite Hotaru in front of him, he catches sight of the figure - figures? - seated in the back. The closer they approach, the less air seems to be available in his lungs. Even as the two approached, he felt wholly and utterly inadequate in every regard - attire, posture, demeanor, capability, anything that could spring to mind.
[15:56] <Asher> As Serenity addressed him, it was all he could do not to instinctively move back in her presence. But as he stood, formal and trying his best to follow along the majestic impression that she gave off. Even with no experience with individuals of such import, the lady in front of him spoke volumes of royalty and grace.
[15:57] <Asher> "Queen Serenity," he began slowly, lowering his head slightly. "I... I'm honored to be in your house and to be able to speak with you." A fervent pause, as he took a second to gather his wits and continue. "I've only learned of the Moon Kingdom and all of its history today, but I can understand the import of it all. Thank you for having me here."
[15:59] * Takeshi is now known as Halbarad
[16:00] <Kotono> "I am honored...and well spoken, Asher." Her smile softens as she comes to you, reaching out. You find your hands in hers, happening too easily.  "May I see it? I wish to see what fragment of the long ago past has survived to this day."
[16:00] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru moves quietly, a flickering shadow of color ending up on the other side of Serenity from Kotono, restraining the ever present impulse to glomp her queen as she settles down. She can play this game too. "I think you're intimidating him," she breathes into Serenity's shoulder, a hint of amusement and play in her voice that only reaches the queen while Hotaru's posture relaxes marginally.
[16:03] <Asher> Hotaru's actions did not ease the huge knot growing in Asher's stomach in any way whatsoever. His unusually stiff posture relaxed somewhat at both her touch, and the mention of something that he could actually do. Passing over the plain-looking kendo stick he'd practiced with since he was a child, he looked a bit embarassed.
[16:03] <Asher> "It's been a plain kendo stick as long as I've known it," he manages, stepping back momentarily from the queen's presence. "I would hate to have you be disappointed by it."
[16:04] <Kotono> Serenity smiles, holding it alof to her eyes, shielding them as she inspects it. Slowly it begins to glow green, radiating over the Queen of the Moon. "I'm not...oh, I'm not. Asher...thank you. Thank you so much. I do not know how it made it here or survived so long, but I never imagined I would see such again.
[16:05] <Kotono> Lowering the weapon down, "Is it yours? Kotono said it's voice spoke to you-but I get ahead of myself. Now that I am sure it is safe?" Serenity shimmers, a weave of light around her. Where she was is the same woman - the moon is gone, a simple teal and white housedress worn as she sits down.
[16:07] <Asher> "My grandfather gave it to me for my training in kendo ever since I was a child," Asher replies, earnestly. "I've not any idea as to where he got it... but I've used it my entire life, with my later sensei, and my own practice routines. As far as I know, it's never done anything that was unusual until recently, when it started speaking to me."
[16:12] <Kotono> "Come, sit," Serenity gestures to a chair opposite her, a nice stuffed seat. "So you know little of this weapon - do you even know what it is called?"
[16:15] <Asher> He quietly takes the seat that she offers, shaking his head in response as he folded his arms over his lap. "My grandfather never told me anything like that. I don't think anyone ever knew, and I didn't even know of the existence of magic until today." He took a sidelong glance over at Hotaru - and Kotono, if she happens to be within sight. "There's really nothing much I can tell you about it."
[16:22] <Kotono> "It's name is Reclaimer, the Cosmic Blade. A long ago artifact of the Moon Kingdom. It turns those it deems fit into a powerful warrior to help protect and serve the Moon Kingdom." There is a pause at this, Serenity looking Asher over. "Has it chosen you?"
[16:24] <Asher> He returns the gaze steadily back at Serenity, his expression uncertain. There's a momentary pause as Asher shakes his head uncertainly, staring down at the sword. "I... don't know. It told me to bring itself to you to be awakened, but.. little else."
[16:26] <Kotono> A long pause at all of this, Serenity lowering her eyes asshe ponders this issue. "Hotaru, you said that his energy was the same energy as the blade itself?"
[16:27] <Hotaru-chan> "It encompassed him while the blade was working," Hotaru nods, seemingly more relaxed as Serenity's now in her civilian appearance. "Enough so that I thought it was him more than the blade."
[16:31] <Kotono> "That says it," From the way Serenity says it, it is indeed the end of it. Looking back up at Asher, "Do you wish to wield Reclaimer? This is not merely a wooden practice sword - it will make you the wind, as much as Hotaru is destruction and Usagi is purity. This is not a child's errand, Asher. If you want to keep this sword, it's legacy and fate will fall to you as well."
[16:32] <Kotono> Kotono looks up at this, her eyes brightening as she looks on at both the sword and at the young man behind it.
[16:34] <Asher> There was a pause for a long moment as Asher stares down at the simple weapon that had served him throughout countless days, months and years; a seemingl

Laggy

(continued from last post)

[16:40] <Asher> He sucks in a breath, and for a moment Kotono could've sworn that Asher had been looking at her, just for an instant; then he nods briefly. "I've had this for my entire life, Queen Serenity. Even if it's a lot more than what I thought it was, I'm not willing to give it up now. Nor am I afraid to take on new responsibilities. All I need is a direction to be pointed to, and I'll do it to my fullest extent." He smiled gently, the similarities on
[16:40] <Asher> --the situation and his life in general coming to mind. "It isn't all that different from how I am at school, too." There was a break from the tension of the moment as he looked a bit sheepish. "Regardless of whatever it is, if my teachers or my parents give me something new to work on, I'll do it. I don't see any reason to back off here."
[16:41] <Asher> "So long as there are those who believe I can do something," he added at the end, "I can do it. As I've always been lended that faith from others, it's managed to let me get this far."
[16:44] <Asher> Feeling out of breath after all of that, he let himself breathe in deeply before returning the look back at Serenity, expectedly waiting to see her reaction.
[16:46] <Kotono> Serenity extends the sword to him, passing the handgrip to be taken. "Then I welcome you, Asher - not as the Queen of the Moon that had come out to see to this rare business, but as Serenity. On behalf of all of us, welcome.  This is not an easy road you may walk, but I feel it is a rewarding one."
[16:48] <Asher> A legendary sword it may be, but to him, at the time being, it still looked like plain old kendo stick. If nothing else, the familiarity served as a comfortable holding point. He gently took the grip from the queen, slowly carrying it back to a safe holding position.
[16:49] <Asher> "It's a road to walk." He smiles with a slight bit of humor on the edge. "I'm not afraid to try new ones, and there aren't that many available at home."
[16:49] <Kotono> "It'll take training - even the Sailor Senshi that are born with these powers innately need time to learn these feats." Serenity stands, clasping  Asher's hands lightly as his weapon is returned.
[16:50] <Asher> "Training I have no issue with," he responds confidently enough, acknowledging her movement. After all, all of those practice regimens he'd diligently followed day after day weren't for nothing.
[16:51] <Hotaru-chan> "I think I'll like him," Hotaru offers as the formalities seem to relax, her smile mixing warmth with a wry amusement and curiousity. "Just be ready to learn a new variety of exhaustion."
[16:52] <Kotono> "Oh, this is just too much and too cool, and I told you, Asher-chan, and welcome aboard and this is really awesome!" Kotono rises up, her normal blur of blonde! "I'll help you with magic and Hot-chan will and I bet Mako-chan'll help you fighting and Usa-chan will help you with magic too and Rei-chan might not even be mean to you, huh?"
[16:52] <Kotono> "Well, she probably will be, but that's Rei-chan and she's like that, so don't worry about it!" Kotono smiles, starting to approach Asher. "But this is just just just awesome, and was it this cool when I becaome Pluto, huh?"
[16:53] <Asher> WELL. Things went back to normal rather fast. Asher is sinking back deeper.. deeper... deeper into the chair! It's a nice comfortable chair! Really! And Serenity is right there, she'll protect him! Oh god Kotono is looming closer. There's a very screwed up smile on his face that quickly moves to anxiety as Asher backs away...
[16:54] * Hotaru-chan takes the opportunity to hug Serenity, briefely but with a tightness to it before she retreats. "You'll even get used to Kochan. Maybe."
[16:54] <Asher> "Y-yeah, Kotono, sure." One of those sheepish, trapped smiles again. C'mon, Mokou isn't here. He has to have support. Right? Right?!
[16:56] <Kotono> Kotono is incoming, like a spider on her delicious manly prey! "You all should teach him...but Kotono?" Queen Serenity coughs as Hotaru hugs her, briefly returned, "I think you should give the poor boy a moment? I believe he's had a very difficult day."
[16:58] <Kotono> "Oh..." Kotono stops, mere inches from glomp range! "Well, I suppose he has, you knwo, since I remember how tired I was after the Crystal and all that the first time but okay!"
[16:58] <Hotaru-chan> Okay, I feel complete now, Hotaru snickers softly, hands resting on her hips now. "He doesn't need to learn a third and fourth form of exhaustion yet, either," she quips, snickering.
[16:59] <Asher> Sloooowly getting up from his chair, Asher looks physically exhausted - close Kotono proximity does that much on him? Imagine the possibilities. Hotaru's statement hits this dead-on as he puts a strained smile on his face, glancing at all of the girls a bit overwhelmed. "I should .. actually be heading home in a little bit, yes. But..." Turning back to Serenity, his words became more focused again. "What would you have me do, Queen Serenity, f
[17:00] <Asher> --, for the time being?"
[17:01] <Kotono> "Hotaru," Serenity murmurs gently, reproving. "Go rest today. Come back here tomorrow and we'll begin. Janna!" Serenity raises her voice, said woman quietly entering back in, giving Kotono a cautious eye.
[17:01] <Kotono> "If you're tired I'll call you a cab, 'less you're just giong to get teleported home. I'm still flush after that last bar I sold." Stretching back leisurely at this, "Whichever you want, sicne you look like you're about to fall over."
[17:02] <Hotaru-chan> "I can teleport or fly him home," Hotaru offers with a shrug, standing. "I wanted to go flying tonight anyway."
[17:04] <Asher> "Flying." Asher looks just the sliiiiiightest bit perturbed at that, glancing back over to Hotaru with an unreadable expression. "Is that altogether... um, the best of ideas? What if we're seen?"
[17:05] <Kotono> "That is a point - You can't just transform into Sailor Cute Guy, can you," Janna chuckles at her own wit, as Kotono's eyes light up fervently, gears turning!
[17:05] <Asher> "No, Kotono. I'm not going to learn how to transform." Asher immediately puts this statement out, firm, resolute, and unmoving. Entirely unlike him! But it's there.
[17:05] <Hotaru-chan> "People tend not to look up, Balder taught us that point," Hotaru snickers, shrugging. "That, and who's going to believe that they really saw a violet and black pair of bat wings?"
[17:05] <Hotaru-chan> *a glowing violet
[17:06] <Kotono> "More realistically, do you think you can carry him," Janna comments, "Look, I don't think any of us want you to drop him."
[17:06] <Kotono> "Mmm. Just teleport him close to home, Saturn," Serenity decides at last. "The point is valid, just in case."
[17:08] <Hotaru-chan> "That's probably a more salient point," Hotaru agrees, blushing. "I might be able to as Saturn..." she sighs, blushing slightly. "Very well, if my Queen commands," she flourishes with a soft laugh. "Where do you live?" she turns on Asher.
[17:09] <Asher> He flushes a bit as he tries to muster up the energy for a reply, rattling off the street name and neighborhood - as expected, a low middle class sleepy community in Juuban. "Do you know where that is?" he punctuates at the end.
[17:12] <Hotaru-chan> "I can get you pretty close," Hotaru nods, taking Asher's hand. "How close is a good question, I've just skirted the area flying," she murmurs, shaking her head as she settles on her best guess, and wills them away.
[17:13] <Kotono> Woosh! 6 blocks away - in a tiny little space betweent wo houses. Not great, but Asher can find his bearings once he gets out.
[17:13] <Asher> Well. It beats walking all the way across Tokyo, even if he wouldn't have minded the walk that much... but it's getting late, very late. And his mom's already been getting on his case lately for coming home at such hours. Releasing Hotaru's hand, Asher stumbles out and tries to make out the nearest streetlamp to get a bearing on their position.
[17:14] <Asher> "...I think we're in the right neighborhood," he offers. A bit hesitantly.
[18:46] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru steps out behind Asher, glancing around. "Yeah, we are, I flew over the area once or twice," she murmurs, glancing at the street sign. "I think...it's that way?" she hazards, pointing to the right.
[18:47] <Asher> With a brief juggling of memory, Asher tries to vaguely recall the street names around here - he's too used to just walking around and recognizing everything by sight, so this different perspective proves somewhat unreliable. "Uh... sure," he agrees hesitantly, not really knowing himself. And off they head towards that street corner.
[18:50] * Hotaru-chan snickers softly, hugging herself loosely as they start walking. "Sorry, I didn't think she'd be prepared like that when you showed up," Hotaru offers, her attention fixed mostly on the sky. "You saw at the end...she's mostly informal with us. Like an aunt or older sister."
[18:53] <Asher> Asher is conservative about replying, letting a pregnant pause pass between the two of them before he speaks slowly, and conservatively. "I imagine so... it's probably because I was bringing a relic back from an era that's since bygone." His thoughts are like stray leaves in the wind, the words slow and whimsical.
[18:56] <Hotaru-chan> "Or something else," Hotaru hums softly, redirecting her attention back to eye level. Out of cursiousity...what school do you go to? Just to establish a base of familiarity..."
[18:57] <Asher> "Juuban High," he replies without preamble. A bit more... oh, right, that was where this street lead. He stopped in his tracks for a moment, stopping to think where their relative position would be. Then with a slow turning of his head, he started off towards the left at the turn. "I think my house's this way."
[19:01] <Hotaru-chan> "Mmm...oh," Hotaru nods following Asher. He probably knows better than her the farther they get in. "Lesse...Crown Princess of the Moon is at Juuban, so is Princess Jupiter, Princess Mercury was, but she's in Germany now..." Hotaru ticks off softly, nodding. "We'll probably need to introduce you sometime, though...hell if I know how they'd react if you just came up and said 'I'm in your group now'," she snickers.
[19:06] <Asher> "Probably," he agrees without much enthuisiasm in his voice. For some reason, the idea of meeting yet even more people who are ages ahead in experience and knowledge of the new topics he was supposed to be "training" in was nothing short of daunting. People in his own school, no less. "And you?"
[19:09] <Hotaru-chan> "T*A Academy for girls, Kotono and Mars go there as well..." Hotaru murmurs, shrugging. back, seeming to react to the apathy Asher gave out. "Hmm...I suppose I could barge out and expell my thoughts, but...do you have any questions?" she asks curiously, quirking ehr head at Asher. "Anything at all."
[19:14] <Asher> Asher remains silent for a while, their steps on the concrete sidewalk the only sound in this eeriely quiet neighborhood. "I have a lot of questions forming in the back of my head, but I'm not sure really how to voice them," he tries, going slowly. "Just a general lack of the grasp of... well, just trying to comprehend everything. It's all fine and understandable when told, but that's different from experiencing it firsthand."
[19:15] <Asher> He slows his pacing down a bit, trying to articulate his thoughts more clearly. "You know, I'm a little surprised that I can believe this all so easily. Never mind seeing and believing - just being presented everything you and Serenity gave me is a bit mind boggling objectively," he noted. "But somehow I don't mind. Just seems like something else to learn and figure out."
[19:16] <Asher> "But it's not exactly another school course, so I probably shouldn't look at it like that." That same sheepish smile again, quickly averted away as he retained his attention back on the sidewalk.
[19:19] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru snorts softly, smiling none the less, though a bit sad. "Some parts are, some parts aren't. I tried to academize a lot of it at first, mah...a lot of it's feeling out for yourself, what you think you can, what you want to try. It's certainly rather more unfriendly than a school course. You'll exhaust your soul before you exhaust your body, and barely drag yourself home some nights."
[19:35] <Asher> Pace, pace. Asher predicts, mentally, at least four more blocks before they reach the vicinity of his house, and the night is falling quickly - sun's already out, and it's just about to fade into the afterglow of lunar light in the evening. "You know, this may be a silly question, but... what is the soul here? How do you 'use' it? All those fantasy novels and shows always talk about magic and spirits, but what's the fueling process here?"
[19:41] <Asher> --fueling process here?"
[19:43] <Hotaru-chan> "That's...not a question we have a whole answer to," Hotaru admits, laughing. "It's not a silly question at all, it's something everyone had to find out. In a basic way, it's the energy that makes up your body, energy or matter, they end up looking the same on a spiritual level," Hotaru explains, humming softly.
[19:43] <Hotaru-chan> "We each have a talent for a type or types, that we can naturally manipulate once we get a look at it. But that's the hard part--seeing it. You have to reach past any given sense you might have, and try to see how the entire universe functions down at a basic level, and from there, you manipulate whatever you see. I see everything in twistings, bindings, and interminglings of lines, that are themselves color coded by type.
[19:43] <Hotaru-chan> Moon sees them as some interwoven tapestry of ribbons, Jupiter as swarms of fireflies. It's just something to lay in bed at night with and try, really...and even before that, some of it's instinct."
[19:50] <Asher> "Mm." This was all that Asher could really muster up in a response such as that. It wasn't entirely unexpected, coming down and thinking about it. "So I have to figure it out for myself. Well, at least there seems to be a common theme here." A bit of light humor in that tone as they crossed the street to the next block.
[19:53] <Anastasia> On you go. As the time passes you get closer and closer - one more block to go until home. Finally.
[19:53] * Halbarad is now known as Hal-zzz
[19:55] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru's smile twists a little. "Where it comes from? We haven't a clue, just eventually regain it like getting tired and resting. How to manipulate it? Yeah, that's something that can't really be taught. You can give nudges, but not much else," she murmurs, shrugging in her own amusement. "That's really what you shoudl focus on, I guess. You seemed good when we were sparring, you're faster than me...not that I'm very fast."
[19:58] <Asher> "I think Queen Serenity mentioned something about this sword " - if it could be called that. He glanced down at the mighty kendo stick, the so-called Reclaimer, Cosmic Blade, and wondered momentarily - "having the powers of wind. I guess that'd make sense... though I don't have the slightest idea how I'm supposed to draw it out."
[19:59] <Asher> "So it's all an art of using a power that we don't really understand the mechanics behind," he ended in summation. "Makes it sound like an awful lot of intuition involved."
[20:02] <Hotaru-chan> "Well, yes. That's why it's 'magic'," Hotaru snickers softly. "There's an awful lot of intuition, imagination, and just...leaps of faith in working it. We bring it down as simple as we can, and work from there...though some things do naturally follow. Bringing together lines of red, or fire, with wood, will result in more fire, but also expellations of destruction and entropic energies."
[20:02] <Hotaru-chan> "Mah...my real suggestion I guess, would be to focus on finding a way to see it. Get that, and the rest falls into place easier."
[20:07] <Asher> Almost there. He can see his house over the corner, even as he mulls over everything that Hotaru said and returns her words with a bit of a nod. And, yup, soon enough, they pass the last streetlight before his house and he comes to a slow halt.
[20:08] <Asher> The house, like many of the ones in this neighborhood, has a small wooden fence there for visual purposes rather than really keeping anyone out; the grass is well mowed, low, the front yard tiny but well maintained with a modest number of flowers arranged in a neat pattern. The garage is single lane, and the house is of olden construction, obviously at least several decades old.
[20:09] <Asher> Asher turns around before going up the small stone-cropped path that leads to the doorway, turning to face Hotaru. "Well, this is it. Thanks for everything, and bringing me back home." With a friendly expression, he bows politely.
[20:10] <Hotaru-chan> Hotaru smiles lightly, not really paying attention to the house, most of it focused on Asher as she returns the bow. "No problem...being a group is all that keeps us sane some times," she offers in a lower voice, before waving and departing back in the direction of downtown Tokyo.
[20:12] <Asher> Not quite heading up to the door yet, Asher sticks around enough to wave back and watch her depart until Hotaru disappears from sight. With that done, it's a long and weary sigh that drags him back up to the steps of his house... and his parents... and dinner... and sleep. Then tomorrow. A day he can no longer predict what will happen.