Rules cleanup/clarification/streamlining.

Started by Anastasia, September 03, 2006, 02:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Redux has gone on a good while. Like anything that goes on for a long time, it needs upkeep and maintience in all it's parts. This includes the rules, so I'll clarify, elaborate, streamline and issue authoritative rulings in this topic. There have been some miscommunications, misinformations and mistakes made on my side and on the PC side, so I'll use this to shore it all up.

1.  Base CV is Body+Mind+Soul/3, rounded down to the nearest whole number. For example, a total of 15 stat points total nets you a base CV of 5. So does a 16 or 17, despite being 5.333 or 5.666. There is another issue attached with this invovling Makoto, but I'll go into it later.

2. Continued senshi attacks can be continued from one round to the next under the following circumstances: The target(s) must be the same - you can't transfer a continued attack over to a new target; nor can the attack be disrupted by certain powers(PED and Cleave are the most salient examples.) This nets half EP consumption past the first round.

3. Rejuvenation does not draw an infinite font. While one or two rejuvs a day has no negative effect, excessive Rejuving can cause issues with soul and body burnout. This is entirely GM subjective in the case of a PC overdrawing on themself and abusing the trait. There isn't a hard and fast rule of how many you can get away with. This is an unwritten rule I'm writing down and making official. This probably won't come up. Probably.

The rule of stacking +2 mods to the soul check per Rejuv per day/encounter isn't carried over. If Rejuv becomes more broken I may impose it. I'm nicer on this skill than most - by the letter of the book it's only usable in crisises. Don't make me have to tighten up on it since it is quite useful.

4. Each dodge past the first nets a +1 to DCV, stacking for every dodge thereafter in that round. This one has been mentioned a few times but I'm repeating it while I'm at it.

5. Initiative is 1d6+ACV+Fast Reflexes mod+Any other modifier. IN the event of a tied initiative, the higher Fast Reflexes trait goes first. In the event that there is still a tie, whomever rolled higher to tie goes first. I'll admit I'm a bit loose on enforcing this when the tie is between purely PCs or allied NPCs; no huge point. I don't mind this there, since you're all on the same team and reasonable coordination and holding is a part of the game.

6. On thinking it over, I'm deciding to go with Game 1's 10/8 effective ACV/DCV cap. So I'll give a refresher; your maximum effective ACV value is 10, the maximum DCV is 8. Points over this can be used to negate penalties to ACV and DCV checks respectively; a 9 DCV is cut down to 8 but you can use that floating point to counteract a point of DCV mod from whatever means impose it. This does not effect the damage from ACV+ attacks or weapons, that uses your true ACV.

Certain abilities that add negative modifier bonuses to DCV instead of a boost to the raw number are tentatively safe. I'm going to review Usagi, Makoto and Ami's sheets(As well as the new ones, even if they're not close to it yet) and make sure we're all kosher. I'm not inclined to change these much, however. We'll see.

Note that certain special traits can allow these numbers to be broken. These are primarily the baddie ones that allow 'unbalanced' ACV and DCV. I won't go into this too much since these are usually used only by the GM.

7. No more than one reroll per dicing attempt. If you fail the check more than once you're out of luck. This is to balance the fact that rerolls are really that damn useful. Let's see how that does and see. I can add on more rules if it continues to get broken: For example, making you spend burnt EP twice over on rerolls or not allowing crit fails to be rerolled.

8. Regarding EC, I've been a little too inconsistent with rulings regarding this, especially invovling melee combat. So I'm going to redefine some ground rules for this to make it easier for all.

A. EC and an attack are two seperate and full round actions as a rule, with the following exceptions: Combining EC and a weapons attack: Makoto and Hotaru do this, and Rei probably should/has considered it; 'minor' EC for flavor text usage; when a circumstance makes the GM rule you need one for a previous effect. If you have more you'd like to bring up say so, I may very well be forgetting one.

B. EC damage is EC levelx5 then + your ACV level if an ACV check is ruled to be needed for that EC application. This balances out having to make two checks, but does not allow you stack ACV twice if the attack already includes it.

---
Example!
---

Little deviant Rei-chan coats her arm in fire and tries to use it to burn someone! This requires a melee attack instead of most 'raw' EC effects that are just soul checks. Since she had to make ACV she adds her ACV to the damage. Let's say her EC level is 2 and her ACV is 6! 2x5+6=16 damage.

Alternately, this means for 'pure' EC applications I'm going to only require soul checks and not ACV. Summoning lighting to strike your foe out of the blue is just a soul check. This is to compensate for the above and cut down on raw dicing. Note that a critical on the soul check still gets a 1d6 damage roll for critical damage.

---
Example!
---

Little loligoth Hotaru summons a wave of cutting destruction energy to tear apart a target! She makes her Soul check and that's it on her end. ...oh, short example, okay!

Regarding DCV on attack EC applications? As a rule these won't get any mod to the opponents DCV check. That's the province of Senshi attacks and I don't want EC to infringe on those. Certain circumstances may allow a modification if it makes sense (Aiming lighting at a waterbound foe, for example.), but I'll want a solid reasoning. EDIT - Hotaru brought this up. Taking multiple rounds in combat to set something impressive up EC wise is a good way to sweet talk me into a mod. Makes sense if you're willing to spend more than one round making a nasty trick.

This applies to raw damage or directly offensive(GM's judgment) EC attacks. The rule of thumb for distinguishing is if the attack is melee or in some other way directly needing intervention of the Sailor's attack skills and thus worth of getting another roll and adding ACV to it's damage.

C. 'Minor' EC affects are bits of elemental control used for added on stylistic affect on attacks, but that have no gameplay impact. Mako crackling with electricity when she attacks or Rei's eyes turning into fire when she's angry are prime examples. As long as they have no impact other than to sell RPing aspect these are fine and take no EP, nor do the consume an action. They're purely meant to be fun embellishments and nothing more.

D. EC actions+unrelated attack. This is something I want to clarify and probably start cracking down on. I'm nice about this and I'll usually give someone rope to hang themself with, so to speak. What I don't want to see is two distinct actions via EC and an unrelated attack, or a distinctly advantageous defensive advantage as well as making an offensive action of note. By all means as if you have questions on this one, since I need to review my notes and get some example to rule on.

E. EC invocations that don't require a roll. I've given a few of these out. Would you please list the ones you have so I can review them? I'm inclined to grandfather any of these as most are reasonable, but I want to make sure. Remember how I went on about making set EC applications? I want to tie those into it stronger and make them listed on your sheets for organization. This is as much double checking as anything else.

F. EC invocations with weapons/special circumstances/named non Senshi attacks. I'd like to review these as well. Hot-chan compiled some already and I'd like to review these as well. If you would post what you did, Hotaru, and if the others would add in any others they feel apply?

G. Non attack/directly offensive EC applications. I'm going to give these a quick once over but they aren't likely to radically change. They aren't province to a lot of the rules above and I'll let you know if I feel any need to change. I'm not anticipating any changes unless we have an outlier that is clearly out of wack with the norm for no good reason.

9. KEEP YOUR SHEETS UP TO DATE. When you learn a new EC application of note, gain a new skill or have something noteworthy, edit your SR sheet up to date. I'm really getting tired of seeing an SR sheet a month or two behind the times. This doesn't apply to NPC bios unless it's a pretty damn big event that would warrant an immediate change or edit.  If something if flagrantly missing and a mistake is made on my end due to it being absent, I'm going to blame you for it. I don't want to, but I'm really, really tired of non updated sheets.

10. On a related note, I highly recommend everyone making and posting a cheat sheet to their character sheet. Kotono has a short one for a model, as does Ami-chan. I find these -immensly- useful on the fly for both my own PCs or in t he case I need to do something with an NPC'ed PC.

11. Focused Combat: I found out recently I've been badly erratic with it. For example, Kotono gets ACV and DCV from it, while Hotaru only gets ACV. My fault here, I made a sincere mistake and made things a giant tangle. I'll offer you girls an option - I can grandfather all versions and make any new levels of it apply in a consistent way or change it all to a consistent ruling. For anyone with focused combat, would you post how you apply it, and how either of the following two would change your ACV/DCV:

If it affects both ACV and DCV, or if it only affects ACV. Thanks. We'll see how it balances out and I'll tweak as needed after that.

12. Agility can give a bonus to DCV if you have room to move. This is usually at least the size of a large room if not more - I'm going to start paying attention to this. As a rule being outdoors or in free quarters is enough to apply. However, if you use the bonus for agility, I'm going to try to invoke it in descriptions for dodges more and make things even more fluid.

13. Teleportation, as learned by the majority of girls, is a full round action. It's not really viable or practical EP or speedwise to use it to compliment an attack. Neph has a bit more flexibilty there, and it's a good direction to consider developing your TP if you're interested in it. A good points sink, since I know Makoto was considering some stunts like that.

Alpha: As I mentioned way back above, there's a bit of an issue with Makoto and CV. For a long time due to a mistake she has been calculating her CV by rounding up. I'm not sure if I made the mistake or if she did, it's just been too long to root it out and I'm honestly not interested in finding out. This does leave us in a situation and one I'm pondering. I could just bap her down a CV, I suppose, but I could understand her being ticked over it. So I had Usa-chan compile some CV numbers for me. I'll add those in an appendix post.

I haven't made up my mind on this point yet;I'm going to review the numbers and sleep on them.  I'll make up my mind in the morrow.

I'm going to review your sheet and balance and post back to this. Feel free to chime in here since I'm still making up my mind.

I think that's good for now. I have more once I do some more homework and talk to each of you. Comments, follow ups, requests for further clarification or suggests are all welcome.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

QuoteUsagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon)

Civilian Form

ACV: 8
DCV: 6

Base of 7. Usagi has 1 level of Combat Mastery.

Transformed

ACV: 9
DCV: 7

Usagi gains +1 to her CV as Sailor Moon

Ideal Circumstances

ACV: 9 or 10 or -
DCV: 8 or -- or 9

Transformed and with a lot of room to maneuver, Usagi can defend more effectively thanks to Agility.

At any time, Usagi can boost her ACV or DCV by +1 point during an acrobatic maneuver by forfeiting the ability to use the other stat at all.

Ami Mizuno (Sailor Mercury)

Civilian and Transformed

Base of 7. Ami has 1 level of Combat Mastery. She gains no special bonuses for transforming.

Ideal Circumstances

Winter Guard gives Ami +1 ACV. It is not stated whether this applies only to all attacks made with it, or is a blanket effect for possessing the artifact.

Note Ami also recieves -2 to her ACV checks when using Shabon Spray.

Hotaru Tomoe (Sailor Saturn)

Civilian Form

ACV: 7
DCV: 5

Base of 6. Hotaru has 1 level of Combat Mastery.

Transformed

Hotaru's base increases to 7 when transformed.

Ideal Circumstances

ACV: 10

When using the Silence Glaive, Hotaru's focused combat increases her overall CV by +1, and the glaive itself confers a +1 to ACV. This only applies to melee combat.

Note Hotaru also recieves -5 to her ACV checks when using Saturn Crisis Thrust. -6 if she uses the Glaive.

Makoto Kino (Sailor Jupiter)

Civilian Form and Transformed

Base of 7. Makoto has 1 level of Combat Mastery. Danger Sense confers a blanket +1 to DCV.

Ideal Circumstances

DCV: 8

Using the Sword of Thunderclaps either in melee or during the Jupiter Thunderclap Slash attack, Makoto gains +1 to her ACV. She also gains +1 to her DCV when she has room to maneuver thanks to Agility.
<Afina> Forever.

Asrana

QuoteE. EC invocations that don't require a roll. I've given a few of these out. Would you please list the ones you have so I can review them? I'm inclined to grandfather any of these as most are reasonable, but I want to make sure. Remember how I went on about making set EC applications? I want to tie those into it stronger and make them listed on your sheets for organization. This is as much double checking as anything else.

Makoto's tazer fists (which do ACVx2) havent' required a roll in ages. I think I've been getting away with minor cutting powers using my fingers without a roll, but that's all I'm aware of.

QuoteF. EC invocations with weapons/special circumstances/named non Senshi attacks. I'd like to review these as well. Hot-chan compiled some already and I'd like to review these as well. If you would post what you did, Hotaru, and if the others would add in any others they feel apply?

Quoted from Takeshi's sheet:
"Stone Fists - Takeshi has the ability to transform his flesh into stone. While this has no practical effect on damage done to him, his fists and arms take on the qualities of stone clubs and act as simple weapons, doing ACVx2 damage. This skill requires 5 EP to activate and nothing to maintain. "

Quoted from my sheet:
"Destruction Slash - Infusing her own energy into the glaive, Hotaru's polearm unleashes destructive energy into its already grevious wounds. Costs 15 EP, it does (Glaive damage) + (EC level x 5) damage, and requires both a Soul check and ACV check. " [Note: This one needs a little modding, as I came across the glaive's EC amplifier and finally connected the dots here, dur]

Those are the two I'm immediately aware of that haven't been mentioned elsewhere. Mako-chan's got a few outright attacks that fit the descriptor, but they're outright attacks.

Quote11. Focused Combat: I found out recently I've been badly erratic with it. For example, Kotono gets ACV and DCV from it, while Hotaru only gets ACV. My fault here, I made a sincere mistake and made things a giant tangle. I'll offer you girls an option - I can grandfather all versions and make any new levels of it apply in a consistent way or change it all to a consistent ruling. For anyone with focused combat, would you post how you apply it, and how either of the following two would change your ACV/DCV:

If it affects both ACV and DCV, or if it only affects ACV. Thanks. We'll see how it balances out and I'll tweak as needed after that.

Yeah, I've consistently been told (by about three people >_>) it's ACV only. I'd rather set all FC to be both ACV and DCV. *Shrugs*

Other Shit:
QuoteI haven't made up my mind on this point yet;I'm going to review the numbers and sleep on them. I'll make up my mind in the morrow.

Yeah, I fielded this: Mod Danger Sense to only apply to surprise rounds for a DCV bonus, and add a level of combat mastery, Mako-chan's our fighter, she deserves it, and doesn't have the big boom tricks Usa or I do.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Laggy

I'd move for FC counting only for towards ACV. I've been calculating it for ACV/DCV, but frankly, in a practical sense FC is almost always going to apply as an effective point in Combat Mastery in situations where it really matters. That makes it basically a cheaper version of CM. Is this elegant? Not really. Making it ACV only will make its role more clearly defined; plus, frankly, DCV bonuses should be brought to as much of a minimum as possible. (It also makes granting Focused Combat a lot more reasonable than more levels of Combat Mastery, which is a flat CV boost and pretty damn strong.)

Same goes for the other things, like Agility bonuses. These should be DCV bonuses, and not modifiers, as to hit the cap properly and not affect the DCV roll itself and basically emulate a DCV score that's higher than the cap. They still count towards the bonus of beating DCV modifiers on the incoming attack, just not for the roll itself. Same for Danger Sense, etc.

Finally a remark about Rejuv. The way it's written in the sourcebook, and generally overall really angles the ability towards a crisis-level usage, not an instant battery perk-up ability... I'm much more inclined to lean towards this way of thinking. Greater leniency, sure, but definitely some kind of heavy restriction imposed on repeated uses (i.e. more than once a day). Reading over game 1 logs has given me a reminder of the heavy-ass penalties and defects that Usagi had to take for repeated Rejuv uses in certain situations, and those were pretty accurately played out for burnout effects and such. Something similar to that would sound about right.

Ebiris

Oooh, in no particular order...

Focused Combat.

I think this should be broken down into 4 seperate variants, rather than having really esoteric things like 'focused combat - zero gravity' or what have you. Basically I envision this:

Focused Combat (Offense) : +1 to ACV under all circumstances
Focused Combat (Defence) : +1 to DCV under all circumstances
Focused Combat (Melee) : +1 to ACV when attacking in melee, +1 to DCV when defending against melee attacks
Focused Combat (Ranged) : +1 to ACV when attacking with projectiles/beams, +1 to DCV when defending against same

I feel this balances a 1 point ability with the 2 point Combat Mastery - taking both of the first or second pair there basically means an overall +1 to CV, which fits for costing the same as just getting combat mastery.

Capping ACV/DCV

I've no objection, since I doubt anyone's going to get their base that high anyway. Like Laggy said, any mods like Agility or Focused combat should alter your base amount, taking the cap into account, rather than giving a -X to the roll which could let you for example roll a 9 on DCV and still pass.

The only exception I'd request is for Acrobatics to still count as a modifier to temporarily break the cap - it's very restricted in that you have to sacrifice your other action, so I feel it balances fairly for when you really don't want to get hit.

Freebie Combat Mastery for Makoto

I'm not thrilled with this at all, to be honest. Makoto's already built on more points than anyone else, so giving her a freebie as a reward for making a mistake does rankle.

Rejuvenation

I'd like to see this put more in the 'use in a crisis' field rather than as a general perk up whenever wanted, that said, when actually in a crisis, it should be fairly easy to use.

Perhaps my perception is skewed from doing lots of omakes where I have to take on a huge HP enemy all by myself, but I do frequently have to rejuve more than once during bigger battles. Of course, I don't have to rejuve much at all to take care of mooks, which kinda fits since that's not really a crisis, is it?

Basically I guess it should work as - no restrictions when in actual combat or immediately prior to (like when the villian is grandstanding and you have no doubts things are about to get hectic), but give penalties to use it under any other circumstances (it can't be banned entirely since that'd be a messy retcon) of varying severity depending on the intensity of the situation.

Laggy

Zuh.

Eb's suggestions for Focused Combat actually make a good deal amount of sense to me. The categories (offense, defense, melee, ranged) are far more liable for actually making a player consider which one to pick - as opposed to the current Focused Combat which is just basically "stick it on the weapon you use the most often". The varying effects also give it more value than just a flat boost somewhere to compensate. Definitely a nod of approval on that, something I would recommend changing FC to as well.

I agree with Acrobatics being allowed the exception as a modifier as well, given its inherantly limited usage. Makes sense.

CM for Makoto... um. Again, haven't seen enough battles to comment precisely, but she's 9/8 right now transformed, and already has 1 level in it. IOWs, she's hit the DCV cap and is only 1 point away from hitting the ACV cap.

A few other people (particularly Hotaru) are also similarly near the cap, but in Hotaru's case it's only for the Glaive and that's taking into account a Focused Combat which assumes a flat +1 CV. So right now Makoto is quite clearly top tier in terms of ACV/DCV. I'd waffle on that.

I haven't seen much of Rejuvenation actually in action for game 2 yet, but while I reiterate and agree about it being more suited for crisis-level situations, successive uses (past the first) should still carry -some- kind of requirement or penalty, whether it be that Soul check, perhaps accessible at low health, or whatnot. Or just flat out GM approval as to whether it's viable, which I think is what Dune is really trying to say - use it reasonably and he doesn't have to tighten down on it. But getting a general idea as to when it's a good idea to use Rejuv and when it's not, and how often, would be ideal, just to get a ballpark figure.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Asrana"Makoto's tazer fists (which do ACVx2) havent' required a roll in ages. I think I've been getting away with minor cutting powers using my fingers without a roll, but that's all I'm aware of.

Those are fine. Takeshi will probably want to practice that and pick upt hat trick himself. Considering his ACVx2 fists are his main weapon, I don't blame him.

I'll get to the Glaive Slash and stuff later.

QuoteYeah, I've consistently been told (by about three people >_>) it's ACV only. I'd rather set all FC to be both ACV and DCV. *Shrugs*

Okay. Noted pending other posts. Sorry about that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Re: Focused Combat.

I admit I like Usagi's idea as well. That makes sense and allows for variety whiel toning down FC in a sane way. I think we'll go with that.

IF YOU HAVE FOCUSED COMBAT

I'll let you choose whatever application of FC you like and convert over for free. Is only fair, after all. Also, feel free to suggest any other likewise categories if you have a good one. Post and let me know what you're converting to when you're good; I'll note it for Kotono when I decide. Also, Usagi, could you redraw the CV spreads without counting any focused combats and include Kotono in your math? Thanks.

QuoteThe only exception I'd request is for Acrobatics to still count as a modifier to temporarily break the cap - it's very restricted in that you have to sacrifice your other action, so I feel it balances fairly for when you really don't want to get hit.

If I let anything break it it'll be unique abilities - Acrobatics in this case, or Danger Sense in the way Hotaru proposed. Lemme see how everything else shakes out before getting to this.

QuoteMako stuff

True. On the other hand it's a long standing miscommuncation that I honestly don't know where it came from. A level of FC could be substituted or some other compromise. I'd rather try to reasonably deflate it than depower someone from a norm we've used for ages, rightly or wrongly.

I'll wait for Mako to clarify how she feels about it to me and we'll be good to go.

Re: Rejuv.

I'm not going to mess with it quite yet. We'll give it a run to see how it does now, so as long as it's not overused or abused I won't impose penalties.

[/quote]
<Afina> Forever.

Asrana

I'm going to disagree heavily on the rejuve stuff. Why? Because our Rejuve scores don't particularly reflect the EP burn those that go through it (okay, me) and need it have to do.

I have Rejuve 2. 20 ep per Rejuve, out of a pool of 155 I'm expected to work from. If I had Rejuve 5, it'd be a LOT easier to be less abusive of it, but when one of my primary methods of being an effective senshi involves multiple +4 checks and I'm pulling 20 ep downrange every pull? No thanks. When everything goes down the drain (Gaia, yay), I STILL spend large amounts of downtime simply recovering because of it, I'm not relishing the idea of adding to how much time I have to spend not doing magic.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Asrana"I'm going to disagree heavily on the rejuve stuff. Why? Because our Rejuve scores don't particularly reflect the EP burn those that go through it (okay, me) and need it have to do.

I have Rejuve 2. 20 ep per Rejuve, out of a pool of 155 I'm expected to work from. If I had Rejuve 5, it'd be a LOT easier to be less abusive of it, but when one of my primary methods of being an effective senshi involves multiple +4 checks and I'm pulling 20 ep downrange every pull? No thanks. When everything goes down the drain (Gaia, yay), I STILL spend large amounts of downtime simply recovering because of it, I'm not relishing the idea of adding to how much time I have to spend not doing magic.

I'm not going to get into this one myself now since I made my current ruling and intend to stick with it. Feel free to continue this debate as you guys want amid yourselves, but keep it civll.
<Afina> Forever.

Asrana

QuoteCM for Makoto... um. Again, haven't seen enough battles to comment precisely, but she's 9/8 right now transformed, and already has 1 level in it. IOWs, she's hit the DCV cap and is only 1 point away from hitting the ACV cap.

Please, actually read the suggestion for giving her CM. >_> She'd come down a point from the DCV cap, which has been hit by Usagi, and would only break it under GM controlled situations. She's also got the most fighting experience amongst us all, both training and real.

We've worked with her as a 10 for ages, haven't we? That's been how it's all been balanced--the two major front liners are 10s, if barely. She'd still only be 10 in melee, much as I'm a 10 in melee.

Furthermore, on a much more general note, if she HADN'T had a 10 in Arc 1...would it have stayed there? I find it doubtful considering how Hotaru got boosted. I'm front line, but not as close up and personal front line as Makoto. If I was brought up to a 10, it's basically logical that she would, too.

Laggy

Dune's suggestion for FC (offense) in lieu of CM seems to be fair enough, fixing the ACV issue while leaving the rest sane. In general, I feel, no one should be hitting both caps, and going over, while reduced in effect, is still noteworthy.

As for Rejuv... uh, actually, yes, I would agree that Rejuv 2 is pretty insufficient for those means. If Rejuvenation was actually going to be more crisis-exclusive (as the flavor text for it suggests - it literally being that dramatic boost of energy or vigor so often described in anime) then I'd much prefer a high level of Rejuv (4-5) which can then be acted out of those situations, rather than a low level one being spammed over and over. It reduces these abilities to D&D-esque math efficient uses (how many times can I use this per day?), which really is not the goal of BESM or the SM RP at all.

In short, if Rejuvenation were to be angled towards the view that Eb and I have towards it, then I'd also expect a rise in its level. Again with the stipulation that multiple uses carry some kind of requirement or risk, given you're now getting a lot more out of it. It makes for much better flavor in RP than counting the hours and dropping 10-30 EP on yourself to get by.

EDIT: Oh, and also my thumbs up on Hotaru's suggestion for Danger Sense. +1 DCV on surprise rounds? That makes a heck of a lot more sense than a flat +1 DCV anytime, snugly fits in with the flavor, and is balanced.

Ebiris

Quote from: "Asrana"Furthermore, on a much more general note, if she HADN'T had a 10 in Arc 1...would it have stayed there? I find it doubtful considering how Hotaru got boosted. I'm front line, but not as close up and personal front line as Makoto. If I was brought up to a 10, it's basically logical that she would, too.

Maybe she would, but it would have come at the expense of something else. While we stopped using character points after chargen and just basically started being given stuff as and when Ana saw fit, if you ever go and calculate how many points have gone into a character, you'll see that Makoto is clearly the most expensive. Giving her yet another boost on top of all she already has just doesn't seem fair at all.

Anastasia

I'll note that some of the custom abilities are somewhat subjective point wise. I'd have to go do it myself to vouch or refute that point, Usa, so I'll go do so now.

EDIT - Or post yours, Usa, and I can critique that.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Here's my math for Makoto, Hotaru, and myself. Feel free to critique it.

Makoto

Base attributes
(counting damage reduction as a 2 point ability. Teleportation and Flight counted as 2 points each)

Senshi attributes
(counting leaping as a 1 point ability and energy deflection as 2 point ability. 1 point for all senshi attacks except highest. Elemental affinity is considered 2 points)

Defects
3 Bonus Points

Usagi

Base attributes
(Teleport counts as 3 points)

Senshi attributes
(counting mass rejuve as 2 point ability and negative energy deflection as 2 point ability. 1 point for boosted agility and 2 points for boosted CV. Not counting Silver Crystal.)

Defects
2 Bonus Points

Hotaru

Base attributes
(counting healing as 1 point ability. Superior reality manipulation counts as 2 points.)

Senshi attributes
(counting Crisis Thrust as level 4 attack. 1 point for boosted body. Silence Wall counted 1 point per level)

Defects
5 Bonus points