News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Episode 5! A clash of weekends and a new leader?

Started by Anastasia, September 13, 2006, 03:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Kotono> ---Arc 2 go!---
<Kotono> Aaah, school! A few days have passed since that meeting gone sour, Asher's life resuming. It's the walk to school right now, a cold win blowing. Students come and go as Asher walks down the main throughfair near the Crown - the windows have been replaced, business resumed. Jacket weather, but at least it's sunny and peaceable. OOC - Go ahead and set yourself up, but don't go too far.
<Asher> And what else is there to do? Asher's heading off to get a snack, as hunger decides to strike right before the bell signaling school's end. He pointedly goes past the Crown, though, settling for something else nearby and reasonable. For some reason, the sweet tooth's gotten to him - probably due to Kotono and all those shakes and ice cream - so he goes looking for another parlor to sate that. Reclaimer and pack equipped, he takes hi
<Asher> --takes his time
<Asher> *START.
<Asher> *Kotono made me do it.
<Kotono> There is one problem - the Crown is closed this early. It doesn't open until about 10 AM or so. There are a few other cafes dotted about, however, on the way to school if Asher wishes to choose one of those. There's a neutral ice cream parlor motif one, a rainforest one and one with a computer design. Nice window views and booths there.
<Asher> It's early, but not so early that he wants to risk being late. Asher just picks the nearest one and goes for it, enjoying the morning breeze. A little cold, sure, but there's much worse. It could've been relentless rain.
<Kotono> It's the compute rone. Around giant floppy disks and painted monitors he gets in line or sits to be served - his choice, really.
<Asher> No leisure for him today! Asher gets in line, eyeing over the selection as he rubs his hands together for warmth. He really should've brought a jacket, but the thing would be useless for the rest of the day and he hated to keep an eye on it while out practicing along with the rest of his stuff.
<Kotono> There's a selection of shakes, ice cream sundanes, cones and more. There's really more than eno-eno-...en... It's when you happen to catch a reflection of something on the shiny counter from the window. Of a shadow, a hooded shadow. It makes Asher's hairs all stand up, his body feeling sickly faint.
<Asher> ...A shadow? Asher cranes his eyes towards that direction, the menu forgotten for now as that feeling pervades into him. There had been too much discussion lately about the so-called enemies that he didn't prefer to take chances. 'Reclaimer, you there?' he calls out in his mind as he glances around to see how many people are gathered around.
<Kotono> '...yeah.' Reclaimer is terse as you look over! STanding outside the glass door is a shadowed figure. You can only see he or she wears some sort of heavy cloak with a hood, nothing else visible. The other people in the shop have stopped entirely, looking about in disquietment. One holds his stomach, another breathing heavily and grasping her chest. His black, faceless gaze is in your direction...
<Asher> Coincidences. They don't happen that often. Asher tightens his grip on Reclaimer, remembering the communicator in his pack, but that would be way too obvious. He glances around for an empty seat - preferably out of the sight of the shadowy figure - and ambles out to take it.
<Kotono> There's a booth in the corner! Asher moves to-ack! Half way there he blinks naturally, and within that haresbreath he's there! He sits and waits, cloaked in impossible black, awaiting with his faceless face peering ahead for Asher to come.
<Kotono> "Come. I'm not...on business today. Come." His voice is strangely compelling - you feel drawn to him. There is a rasping richness to it, a baritone belieing it's softness.
<Asher> Asher's face tightens up as he stops in his tracks. So that wasn't going to work. He stares dead over to the figure, his breaths coming in shorter periods - and speaks up quietly. No point in being naive. "What do you want?"
<Kotono> You feel the weakness leave you, as one pale white hand gestures you forward. "To talk, nothing more. You are merely the inhuman I found first."
<Asher> Asher levels a suspicious look at the man, every sign from him that he didn't trust the figure's words as much as he could see him. But he steps to the side, leaning back against the parlor's wall instead of stepping closer. "If that's what you want, I'm listening." His voice carries a hard edge.
<Kotono> "One of your clique killed Despair." For half a second he looks up. You get a flash of a chilling, bony smile, barely seen. "I am Death - the immortal spectre of cessation. The Grim Reaper as you humans call me. Yet...I do not wish to spill your lives out early."
<Asher> There was no need to reply back, just a levelled look that showed "death" that Asher was indeed still listening. Elaboration would come on its own time, and he had no need to reveal more cards than necessary.
<Asher> Death, though... that brought a chill to his spine. That was far too blatant a connection. The names, and now the proven knowledge that these... beings knew human customs and beliefs.
<Kotono> "There are many in your clique that...interest me. I drift through Earth for all time, unlike my bretheren. That this world holds the Lightbringer is merely convienent." A pause as he reaches out, hand gliding across the table. A funeral wind brushes Asher's face, chill and like a mask of suffocating dirt. "Inhuman or human I care not. When I am on business I will slaughter you all without a second thought. When not, I simply ask you to stand
<Kotono> When not, I simply ask you to stand aside. Or do you crave my release that desperately from the arms of humanity?"
<Asher> Asher does his best to maintain a poker face in the midst of all of this - the words are chilling, more as a result from the speaker than the proclamations themselves. It isn't easy. He replies quietly, forcing the fear out of his voice. "And what would necessitate your 'business'? Why do you hold such interest in us?"
<Asher> He'd made a decision early on in the case something like this ever happened - that he simply wouldn't lie. Lies were too easy to get caught up in, and would destroy the future chance of gleaning more from their motives and background. But as long as he could, he'd try to hold the questioning ground.
<Kotono> "Our business is the Lightbringer. Our interest?" Death grins again, a hand going to nearly brush back his hood, stopping at the very last moment, at the cusp of moving it. "Why are you here? This is the world of humans now. Magic died a very long time ago...to the others it may as well have never existed on this realm. The Sages are mute on this, but...this world has magic again AND the Lightbringer. Why?"
<Asher> "Why, indeed," Asher responds piquantly, mulling over the options in his head. That wasn't any need to give any ground. Yet. "Perhaps it may be so surprising in hindsight... but I know little about the Lightbringer you seek, if only out of a lack of words." He pauses, jarring up memories in his head. "A gray world, a twilight. A search for the thing that will bring color and light to you. What is your story?"
<Asher> His tone is purposely polite, with a hint that he was amiable to comparing what he knew with what they sought. For what good it'd do. At least this Death hadn't, in fact, decided to just kill everyone on the scene.
<Kotono> roll 2d6
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=3, 4]
<Kotono> "My purpose is Death. What else would the Grim Reaper be?" A compelling laugh, somehow thrilling you, making you want to COME to him. To embrace something just beyond your vision, even as it springs ample fear inside. "You are...Wind? Gusts? You are bonded with another, but together you shall become one. The humans would call you the God of Wind?" A pause after those words, "You wish to see our story, inhuman?" A hand is extended, white as dea
<Kotono> "You wish to see our story, inhuman?" A hand is extended, white as dead flesh. "Come view our story."
<Asher> Asher flinches noticeably at that. Death's words struck home, and the sense of curiosity was strong. He fought it back by tightening his grip on Reclaimer, the sword's presence not an insignificant presence - even if no one else knew it. "I will hear you out. But surely you would not expect even an inhuman to shake hands with Death." He offers a twisted smile at that.
<Kotono> "Heh, heh...." That macrabre laugh tapers off, fading into the air around you. "Come to beyond the world with me. To where everything ends, the endless, soothing eternity."
<Asher> Asher remains rooted to his spot, not stupid... or desperate... enough to accept that offer even with the honeyed promise of answers. He raises his chin, staring over at the wraith-like figure, and indecision grips him for a moment.
<Kotono> "You will find yourself there. In the Void only yourself exists. In that the sheath of humanity will fall away like husked wheat, revealing what you truly are. All that enter the Emptiness become as such or fade into it. An inhuman...hmm, hmm, hmm."
<Asher> "Why?" He eyes Death, and decides, again, on settling with the truth. "It is unknown to me, and I have no reason to trust the embrace of a void. Why do you seek a Lightbringer yet revel in emptiness? Tell me that."
<Asher> Asher crosses his arms, his eyes trying to pierce the shroud of utter blackness surrounding Death - not that human sight probably would ever be able to do it. But his focus rivets itself on the cloaked figure.
<Kotono> "The Sages predict the Lightbringer will end this age in the void. With the signs in place and the fall of a long forgotten Beast..." Death chuckles again, chilling from temple to toe! "The offer is here, inhuman."
<Asher> A click, a snap, a connection being made - Asher is very, very careful not to let recognition light up on his face. Damn, finally something substantial! He stares over, letting the genuine curiosity take over. "If that is so. What else do they know of the Lightbringer? As I have said, I do not know what you specify of... but with more, perhaps I can enlighten myself. Or clarify."
<Asher> The cooperative tone now. This was not easy, beads of sweat threatening to form on Asher's forehead...
<Kotono> With this Death reaches forward, two fingers touching ASher's brow! All signs of sweating flee his body, endless frost filling his veins instead! "My business will not be delayed much longer. This offer perishes when I must begin again. Come with me - you will know everything."
<Asher> Asher hesitates... a brief, but decisive moment of hesitation. The unbelievable chill makes him almost shudder, but he refuses to relent; he stands firm, staring back over at the fancied Grim Reaper. "Then do as you will. I am willing to hear out more, but I will not step into oblivion on such short notice." That was as all he would probably get, but he doesn't move from his spot.
<Kotono> "Then we will meet again, be it soon or not. I await all of you one day, inhuman." With that Death fades away, gone. The entire cafe suddenly feels more bright, vital, alive.
<Asher> The breath of air that Asher sharply takes in feels envigorating, full of energy that explodes in his lungs. He shudders, trying to shake off the sheen of cold that Death's touch had placed on him earlier and swears under his breath.
<Asher> 'Well. I'm alive. That's something.' The steady da-thump of his heart is unhealthily high. He instinctively checks around to see the reactions of everyone else.
<Kotono> The cafe is slowly returning to normal. People look relieved, as if a pallor has passed from the room and brought back good days again.
<Asher> And now he ... oh, shit. What time is it? His head cranes up to a clock in the parlor.
<Kotono> 'It's something. It mentioned that Beast creature again?'
<Kotono> It's 3 minutes after the start of class.
<Asher> Well, so much for THAT idea - not even so much worrying about his own attendance but a particular someone else's. 'Damn!' Asher breaks out into a sprint from the shop, ignoring any strange looks and heads back off to school in a rapid trot. 'Yes, he mentioned the Beast Lord. Which was a dimension of nightmare and voids. There's going to be a need for a lot more research on this.'
<Asher> 'Too late, now, though, I'll have to wait till lunch break and hope T*A operates on the same schedule we do,' he grouses as he runs at full speed across the streets.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

[20:26] <Kotono> Ah, Saturday! The mometn Usagi gets home she is assaulted by two things! The first is the lovely, savory smell of cookies! Mom made cookies, chocolate ones from the scent! The second is, "...oh, hold on. She just got home. Usagi, Phone!" Mom raises her voice.
[20:26] <Usagi> "Coming!" the blonde calls, dropping her schoolbag and slipping off her shoes as she steps into the hallway to take the phone from her mother. "Who is it?"
[20:27] <Kotono> "Janna!" So you find that out as you answer the phone, Mom moving out of the way. "Cookies are done, Usagi-chan."
[20:27] <Kotono> "Hey!" Janna answers on the other line, cheerfy and brighta s she always is when she's not sniping. Which is...hm. That aside? "Usagi."
[20:28] <Usagi> It's pretty rare. Janna is refreshingly nice and well adjusted, after all! "Hi, Janna!" the blonde replies brightly, sitting down on the steps as she cradles the phone against her ear. "What's up?"
[20:29] <Kotono> "Slave labo-erm, something fun!" Janna grins, "I mentioned to you that I was gonna be at the Tokyo New Age Technology Expo...or was it Takeshi or Nior or Makoto...o ranyway! Point is even if I'm losing my memory that I have a few conditional passes if you're interested. It's all cutting edge stuff."
[20:30] <Usagi> "I guess I'm not doing anything this afternoon," Usagi pays little mind to the obvious slip - she's happy to help Janna out, after all. "I don't really care about technology and stuff, but if you want the company..."
[20:33] <Kotono> "Great! Just wear old clothes you don't mind getting messed up and be over here in an hour! See you!" With that the line goes dead - quite dead.
[20:34] <Usagi> That was abrupt. Shrugging, Usagi hangs up and goes into the kitchen - an hour gives her time for cookies!
[20:35] <Kotono> Hotaru is just settling in at home, getting a glass ofw ater and taking the time to relax. It's then her phone rings - annoying thing, really, but it doesn't pay any mind to sentiment.
[20:36] <Hotaru-chan> It certainbly doesn't. And without her parents home, it's her job to take messagers. So Hotaru goes to the phone, picking it up. "Tomoe residence, Hotaru speaking," she offers the line. Probably some politician or lab assistant...
[20:37] <Kotono> "Hey, Hotaru!" It's Janna, sounding chipper and cheery. "Hotaru, are you interested in doing something fun with just a tiny bit of work on the side this afternoon?"
[20:38] <Hotaru-chan> "How much is a tiny bit and what twisted evil definition of 'fun' are you stipulating?" Hotaru asks dryly, but the smile clear in her voice.
[20:40] <Kotono> "Oh, I'm just working at the Tokyo New Age Technology expo this weekend and I figure, hey, I have some conditional passes. I already got Usagi and I'm looking for one or two other vic-er, helpers!"
[20:43] <Hotaru-chan> "...If Shinji saw me there, I swear he'd start humping my leg in minutes..." Hotaru winces at her first thought. "But sure, why not?"
[20:43] <Kotono> "...right. Okay, great. I'll look into a third - tried Rei, she passed, had plans. What about Mako-chan or someone else? Know if anyone else isn't busy?"
[20:45] <Hotaru-chan> "Note to self, badger Rei-chan about her lovelife. Umm...Mako-chan's schedule's as busy as mine...you might try her, I don't know. Her kid's classes take up time. I might suggtest against Kotono, she'll point at something and declare it captured alien technology or something..."
[20:48] <Kotono> "I'll try. See ya in an hour, meet me at Serenity's!" With that she clicks off, gone and away.
[18:45] <Kotono> Saturday afternoon is utterly non descript - that is, until after getting out of a nice soothing bath Makoto's telephone rings.
[18:46] <Makoto> "I -do- know someone who remembers what a telephone is." Makoto murmurs, mildly surprised, wrapping a peach colored towel around her breasts, and another around her hair as she pads out into the living room to answer the phone. "Hello?"
[18:47] <Kotono> "Hey, Makoto!" Janna's voice is fille dwith hopeful cheer and sunshine. "You know how to do a bit of hard work and also have some fun, right?"
[18:49] * Makoto laughs. "Not much for subtltey, are you, Janna?" She giggles. "Do you need some help?"
[18:50] <Kotono> "Yeah. Look, I got some conditional passes for the Tokyo New Age Technology fair today. A bit of work then  you get free inside. It's all bleeding edge stuff, and Usagi and Hotaru are already coming. Interested?"
[18:55] <Makoto> "Bleeding edge?" Makoto blinks, momentarily thrown off. "Yeah, sure. I'm free today..."
[18:56] <Kotono> "Great! Meet me down at my place in 45 minutes!" Janna says, "Oh, and don't wear anything too fancy - old working clothes are good for this. Ciao!"
[18:59] <Makoto> "Gotcha." Makoto agrees, smiling. "See you in a few."
[18:59] <Kotono> "Right!" With that Janna's gone, off and away! OOC - We'll resume in a moment when Hotaru lives.
[19:03] <Kotono> So the three girls gather at Serenity's! Janna herds them outside, wearing a slightly beaten up old white shirt with a basebal log on it and long pants.  Her hair is kept back in a baseball cap. "So, let's see. Got a cab coming so it won't be long.":
[19:04] <Kotono> *logo
[19:05] <Usagi> "So what work are we going to be doing, anyway?" Usagi asks, herself dressed in a worn pair of blue jeans and a baggy dark checked shirt. Her hair remains in its usual style.
[19:06] <Makoto> Makoto, for her part, is dressed in old jeans with tears at the knees, and a tank top, with an open men's shirt over it, and an hankerchief tied over her hair and ponytail.
[19:07] <Kotono> "Well," Janna takes a breath and smiles, "I got a tech company to let me in if I helped move boxes up when they needed more stock. Thing is they have a new product that's getting a ton of views and orders, so they wanted more help. No pay, buty ou get free passes in."
[19:08] <Makoto> "So it's just heavy lifting?" Makoto wonders curiously.
[19:08] <Usagi> "So... heavy lifting?" Usagi echoes, wilting noticably.
[19:08] * Hotaru-chan nods in to Usagi's question, dressed in her own set of worn down jeans and a black hoody, hair pulled back into a ponytail. "Well, I guess that's alright..." she murmurs, smiling wryly.
[19:10] <Kotono> "It's not that bad!" Janna smiles easily, "It's not like Nior's making you two 200 pushups since you're gaining weight, so let's go!" With a nod Janna departs! OOC - skip ahead a bit?
[19:11] <Kotono> One hour later...
[19:12] <Kotono> Woooooooooow! An entire convention hall has been rented out! It's farther than the eye can see! Drab open space has been transformed into dark displays of technology, lights dimmed! TVs, VCRs, computers, CD players, so many things lined up! From the plain exhibits and stations to the massive galas of big companies like Sony and Nintendo. Thousands of people wander about, sales and previews and so much going on! Amid this rapid, vapid s
[19:14] <Kotono> Amid this rapid, vapid storm you end up...(More)
[19:16] <Kotono> Woof. The storage areas in back are far less intresting. It's all boxes and pushcarts! It's been a half hour of this already, and plenty more to come. Your 'employer' is Murukumu Tech, with some new revolutionary design for CD players and computers that's getting attention. So these heavy boxes are being brought back and forth rapid fire. "Ugh...seven so far," Janna wipes at her forehead, "I think this'll be the last load for awhile. W
[19:17] <Kotono> "I think this'll be the last load for awhile. When you get a chance, what are you gonna want to see?"
[19:18] <Usagi> "I just kinda came to keep you company and because I had no idea you'd abuse my kind nature so much," Usagi whimpers, rubbing her arms. "I think I saw a Nintendo stall, though..."
[19:18] <Makoto> "I'll head to the videogames." Makoto nods. "Everything else is kinda expensive, so I can't get too attatched." She replies, not sounding particularly strained.
[19:19] <Kotono> "Hey! This work isn't so bad!" Loading up another 100 pound box onto a pushcart, Janna shrugs. "C'mon, the pretty girl of love and justice can do a little bit of hard work, can't she?"
[19:21] * Hotaru-chan takes a few deep breaths, pulling off her hoody to tie it around her waist. "I dunno, just wander probably...I might actually learn something to talk to a friend about..." she shakes her head. "Who knows."
[19:21] <Usagi> "Normally I get paid for my hard work," the blonde retorts, labouring to load up her own pushcart and sticking her tongue out at Janna.
[19:22] <Kotono> "Oh, you mean those video games? They're kinda fun. They're making a big deal about previewing this new Mario game there. Any idea what that is?" So you go on, Janna casually asking. "If you're into that, I can show you where it is. Just...oomph! Usagi and Mako, get that other box?"
[19:23] * Usagi dutifully goes to take one end of the box and wait for Makoto. Even if the taller girl could probably lift it up one-handed... Remember to bend at the knees!
[19:24] <Makoto> "Not a clue." Makoto admits, before smiling a little, and heading to the other box indicated, crouching down to lift it with Usagi. "So you do the 'old married couple' arguments with Janna, too?" She teases the blonde goodnaturedly.
[19:26] <Usagi> "That's an odd turn of phrase to use..." Usagi remarks, sending a somewhat suspicious look in Hotaru's direction as she begins to lift.
[19:27] <Kotono> "Heh..." Janna blushes just a little at that, "Hey, I'm not Jun, so don't make it sound like that!" Out you go back into the electronic splendor, Janna's embarrassment shining as bright as a star.
[19:28] <Makoto> "I dunno." Makoto replies, lifting as well, easing it up to make sure she doesn't throw Usagi off balance. "You and Usagi aren't as bad as Usagi and Rei, Janna." Makoto comments cheerfully. "They sound just like Auntie Fuuko and Uncle Taka when they get going."
[19:30] * Usagi mostly just acts to balance her end, Makoto doing most of the lifting as they place it onto the cart. "That's just the way Rei is," she opines innocently, refusing to be drawn further.
[19:31] <Hotaru-chan> "That would be Rei-chan, yeah..." Hotaru sighs a little, watching carefully. "Mah...she's just Rei-chan."
[19:31] <Kotono> "Well, she's so bit-, er, aggressive to everyone else. Bu it's you in particular. Special much?" Janna teases amid a few grunts, getting your load back to the rear of the display station.
[19:32] <Makoto> "Yeah, I've lost my temper with her once or twice." Makoto agrees with Usagi, then nods to Janna. "You guys seem to have a rythym, though."  
[19:32] <Usagi> "She seems to fight more with Kotono, I thought," the blonde defers, turning away to locate another box, and incidentally hide her blush. "It's just how she relates to people."
[19:34] <Hotaru-chan> "I've only gone off with her once..." Hotaru shakes her head, smiling a bit. "Well, it's very different methods, what you two do compared to what she and Kotono do..."
[19:34] <Makoto> "She's better now." Makoto defends Rei as she goes to lift more boxes. "It's just...You and Rei do the friendliest fighting out of all of us, kinda?" Makoto tries to appease the blonde.
[19:35] <Kotono> "Heh," Janna again wipes her forehead as you finish this run, "I think we're good now. Did you guys wanna go see those video games?"
[19:36] <Usagi> "It's all about... handling, her correctly," Usagi temporises weakly, still facing away from the others to hide her crimson cheeks. Taking the distraction offered, she takes a second to school her expression before turning around, "Yeah, video games are fun!" she blurts out.
[19:36] <Makoto> Makoto gives Usagi a slightly startled look at the strange tone, her expression turning puzzled. "Ah...yeah, video games are good?"
[19:37] <Hotaru-chan> "Sure?" Hotaru agrees, blinking herself and just shaking her head. That was weird.
[19:37] <Kotono> "...handling?" Janna blinks before giving Usagi a really odd look. Really, really, really odd. "...yeah, c'mon."
[19:38] <Usagi> "Why's everyone looking at me so oddly?" the blonde asks nervously, backing off a step.
[19:39] <Makoto> "..." Makoto looks questioningly at Hotaru, then at Janna.
[19:39] <Kotono> "...um..." Janna considers a moment, before coming over to Usagi and whispering something to her.
[19:40] <Usagi> "I'm fine!" Usagi replies tensely. "Why wouldn't I be?"
[19:40] <Kotono> Janna retreats, blushing ab it. "Nevermind, let's just go!"
[19:40] <Makoto> "So...Um..." Makoto nods sharply, hurrying over to Janna. "Yes! Go!"
[19:41] <Hotaru-chan> "Okay..." Hotaru shakes her head, thuroughly confused as she follows Makoto.
[19:42] * Usagi brings up the rear, still looking vaguely out of sorts.
[19:43] <Kotono> So on you go! It takes a good thirty minutes to reach the front of the Nintendo stand. It's huge! A life sized Link and Mario combo statue guards the front, a mini maze of setup TVs and game systems. A giant banner reads 'First preview of joint disc game system with Sony!'
[19:43] <Kotono> Lines are all over the place. If nothing else you'll be waiting a bit, but so many screens are filled with gaming goodness.
[19:43] <Makoto> "Whoa..." Makoto murmurs, looking around. "Cool."
[19:45] <Hotaru-chan> "Wow..." Hotaru breathes, staring up and then in, looking about herself in awe!
[19:45] <Usagi> Time and video games both combine to soothe Usagi's battered psyche, the blonde seeming her usual cheery self as they finally reach the Nintendo stand. "I hope that disc system will be better than the Sega one," she remarks, angling to get a view past the line.
[19:47] <Makoto> "I wouldn't know Either way. I've never been able to afford the more expensive game systems." Makoto replies distractedly, looking around at What Usagi examines, taking the blonde to be a nominal expert.
[19:47] <Kotono> Indeed! It's paradise to young people who like games! Cute women are handing out free gift bags for the taking - a mario shirt, a link shirt, shampoo bottles with a nintendo motif, gift cards for a free 3000 yen meal at a  nice restaurant and more. Snazzy. "Grab those - one per, but it's free stuff. They give it away like water."
[19:47] <Kotono> Janna notes this as she smiles, "Free meal if nothing else. C'mon, all the good stuff' in the back."
[19:48] * Usagi gets in line, making sure to snag free gifts whenever they come within reach!
[19:48] * Hotaru-chan does likewise, acting like a typical goer of this sort of...convention?
[19:49] * Makoto does the same, grabbing what she can, and looking for a bag, if possible to score one.
[19:50] <Kotono> Bags are easy to get. They're giving them away like candy, each girl getting one without an effort. There must be over 10000 yen of free stuff in this stupid thing! But you don't go too far untilt he lines strike. Ten minutes of waiting, only a slow creep forward. "....and the not so good part," Janna sighs deeply. "Took me an hour last time."
[19:51] <Usagi> "If only they handed out free gameboys..." Usagi laments, nonetheless chipper as she goes over her hard won prizes before settling in and just looking at what she can from here, craning her neck around to see what's interesting.
[19:52] * Makoto stands in line, feeling oddly dumb for not really understanding the hustle and bustle around them, just waiting in line...
[19:52] <Kotono> New games - even a mini game with a baby Mario and Yoshi. These are only half hour lines, for example, along with a new Kirby game and a lot Usagi can't even name. Pretty, too! The hour line is for the grand prize - a SIXTY FOUR BIT disc system in progress. It's a nice thing to wait for, twenty more minutes passing. As it does...OOC - Soul checks -2, all.
[19:52] <Hotaru-chan> roll 2d6-2
[19:52] * Hatbot --> "Hotaru-chan rolls 2d6-2 and gets 4." [2d6=1, 5]
[19:53] <Usagi> roll 2d6-2
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6-2 and gets 2." [2d6=2, 2]
[19:53] <Makoto> roll 2d6-2
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6-2 and gets 6." [2d6=4, 4]
[19:55] <Kotono> It's strange. The world takes a red tint - turning almost bloody at the edges of your vision. The sound of merry electronics is overlapped by another - a distant din coming from above. "Fight...hate...ruin...riot..." A voice like a storm suppressed roars, "Slaughter...destroy!" These words seem to have an effect on everyone but you three! Janna whimperssfotly, "Hate...hate him so much...ugh!" Her fist flies out, slamming into a nearby
[19:55] <Kotono> "Hate...hate him so much...ugh!" Her fist flies out, slamming into a nearby wall.
[19:56] <Usagi> "Janna, calm down!" Usagi reaches for her friend, trying to calm her as she instinctively radiates her own aura of peace and serenity in reaction to what's happening!
[19:56] <Usagi> roll 2d6 for aura of serenity
[19:56] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6 for aura of serenity and gets 6." [2d6=2, 4]
[19:57] * Makoto starts, looking around quickly, her eyes narrowing as she grabs Hotaru protectively. "This does not sound good..." She mumurs, giving Janna a nervous glance.
[19:58] <Kotono> roll 2d6-8
[19:58] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6-8 and gets 3." [2d6=6, 5]
[19:58] <Hotaru-chan> "Mako-chan," Hotaru separates herself gently. "It's Hatred, Despair's companion," she murmurs, glancing around for somewhere to transform.
[19:58] <Kotono> Janna blinks out of it slowly, "OW!" Shaking her hand about, "My hand...aaaah!" Whimpering as she holds it, "Why the hell did I just break my hand?"
[19:59] <Kotono> You begin to hear cries from afar! In back someone has done something, the sound of breaking glass heard!
[19:59] <Usagi> "It's... what she said," Usagi replies, glancing at Hotaru worriedly.
[19:59] <Kotono> The immediate area around Usagi stops, a few people nearby stopping as well and looking about in confusion.
[20:00] <Kotono> "Hate...hate...HATE!" The last is a roar, power flowing all about! A wave of pure rage, felt against yourselfs like a hot wind to chafe away the sands of time. There is antoher breaking sound, farther away.
[20:00] <Makoto> "Fabulous. We've got to move, guys...If that was what I think it was, we could have a riot in moments...or already." She adds, running off to find a place to change.
[20:01] * Hotaru-chan nods, following after Makoto closely.
[20:01] <Kotono> There's a lot of little semi secret nooks in the display area, or you could run out the Nintendo stand altogether - it's nearby a Canon cameras and camcorders display, as well as as  afe wlesser ones. There's a bathrooms just past it.
[20:02] <Kotono> "Oh damn it..." Janna nods, "Call me if you need me!" With that she darts into a little nook, hiding behind a giant Kirby!
[20:03] <Usagi> "I'll distract everyone and try to keep things calm - you guys transform and get ready in case it doesn't work," Usagi whispers, leaning towards Makoto before looking for some sort of vantage she might be able to get people's attention from over most of the hall.
[20:04] <Makoto> "Will do!" Makoto replies, diving into the closest hidden nook inside the Nintendo stand she can find. If all goes well, a brightly colored costume bursting from the video game section should be less attention getting than usual, and she looks to Hotaru to make sure she's doing the same before pulling out her pen!
[20:05] <Kotono> There is a podium over the Canon stands - it's about ten feet tall and should work for this. Meanwhile people are starting to move around - one guy grabs a camera and uses it to hit another poor girl with, bloodying her nose!
[20:06] * Hotaru-chan is following close behind Makoto, a wry look on her face as she grabs her pen once out of sight. "Saturn Power, Make Up," she murmurs, not making too much of a scene of it.
[20:06] * Usagi moves quickly, sprinting towards the Canon stand and vaulting up onto the stand before flipping onto a large speaker stand and from there onto the podium. "Everyone, listen to me!" she calls from her new vantage point, cupping her hands over her mouth so her voice will carry. "You have to calm down! Resist your anger!"
[20:07] <Usagi> roll 2d6+1 burning 20 EP
[20:07] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6+1 burning 20 EP and gets 10." [2d6=5, 4]
[20:07] <Makoto> "Jupiter Crystal Power, Make up." Makoto whispers, gritting her teeth.
[20:10] <Kotono> It's a battle! Many people in this vast hall turn to look at Usagi, Sailor Moon seen! Many do indeed look at her, pausing, a few even slackening away from grimaces of anger. "Hate....Hate....YOU!" The voice roars again, focused on Usagi, and then..."The inhuman is back." The voice of Pestilence echos in the hall after.
[20:12] * Sailor_Jupiter doesn't step out yet, looking for the source of the voice before announcing her presence.
[20:12] <Usagi> "Don't listen to the hate!" Usagi continues to appeal to the masses as she stands tall atop her podium, radiating earnest love and peace towards humanity in her demeanour and aura. Calming everyone down is the most important thing before worrying about Pestilence and Hatred. "You're better than that - don't give in to them!"
[20:15] <Kotono> OOC - I'm going to rule opposed checks between you and Hatred here. Soul check.
[20:15] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=5, 5]
[20:16] <Usagi> roll 2d6 burning 10 EP
[20:16] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6 burning 10 EP and gets 5." [2d6=2, 3]
[20:21] <Kotono> The crowd responds to the duel! Slowly the anger seems to fade, save for an incoherent scream of fury from all around! You hear the beginning dins of chaos dim as people look around, but..."Heh...stupid inhuman girl!" Pestilence calls. From roof they fall - two of his Empty Ones! Skeletal and green, landing amid the recovernig humans. "Get her!"
[20:24] * Sailor_Jupiter dares not wait any longer. Reaching out to draw on the building's power supply, Jupiter steps out from her hiding place, running over to Usagi'
[20:24] <Usagi> "Stop!" Usagi calls, thrusting an arm at the creatures with fingers splayed out, hoping she can reach them as well. "You don't really want to fight me," she insists, braver than she feels, but putting up a good show, the beautiful blonde teenager standing tall and proud despite the threats arrayed against her, refusing to attack herself!
[20:25] <Sailor_Jupiter> s side. "...I think you should hide now...Miss." Makoto replies, hintingly.
[20:27] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru steps out behind Makoto, violet and black flaring around the dark girl as she brings the glaive to bear. "It might be beyond negotiations now, yes."
[20:28] <Kotono> The crowd does indeed stop. The rage seems to be fluttering out in fading waves, people staring in confusion, shock and ununderstanding. But the Empty Ones don't even pause, loping towards you and past the recovering people! A few screams at them, a hint of chaos trying to erupt.
[20:29] <Sailor_Jupiter> "Go!" Makoto shouts to Usagi, leaping forward to intecept the 'things' inbound, Nemesis creating itself and gaining form and substance in her hands as she moves!
[20:30] <Usagi> "I'm sorry..." Usagi spares a regretful look at her fellow senshi, "But if I stop then too many people will get hurt in the panic..." Raising her voice again, "Everyone, please be calm! Just... just keep back from those strange things!" she tells them pleadingly, before again looking towards Jupiter and Saturn. "Try and take the fight out of here!"
[20:31] <Kotono> OOC - One more check, Usa.
[20:31] <Usagi> roll 2d6 burning 10 EP
[20:31] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6 burning 10 EP and gets 6." [2d6=1, 5]
[20:31] <Kotono> The people are stopping! While there is some alarm, a sense of peace is on as they all look at Usagi. "...who is she..." one calls, as the Empty Ones rush past her! They're getting closer.
[20:32] * Sailor_Jupiter gives Usagi an incredulous look, then nodding, grimly. "Get your friend to help with the bystanders!" Makoto adds in a parting piece of advice before lunging at the nearest...youma? And attempting to cleave it in half with a vicious stroke!
[20:32] <Kotono> OOC - Calling initiative here after I do another descriptive line.
[20:33] <Kotono> The sea of people is thick, but it rolls away from the charging empty ones! Makoto takes the point, between the podium Usagi is on and the two horrific creatures!
[20:33] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[20:33] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[20:33] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 2." [1d6=2]
[20:33] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 5." [1d6=5]
[20:33] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+10
[20:33] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 1d6+10 and gets 14." [1d6=4]
[20:33] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[20:33] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 1d6+8 and gets 9." [1d6=1]
[20:33] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[20:33] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 1d6+10 and gets 11." [1d6=1]
[20:34] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru moves into position, the glaive rising as her own violet spirit bursts forth, coalescing around her polearm!
[20:35] <Kotono> Saturn>EO2>Jupiter>EO1=Moon.
[20:37] <Kotono> "Look...Juuban Angels!" One overweight woman calls, hands to her cheeks as she stares! "It's...it's them!"
[20:37] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru races ahead, ducking past Makoto and her sword as the glaive comes back down, shimmering violet weapon aiming to shear one of the creatures in half!
[20:37] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 soul
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 soul and gets 5." [2d6=4, 1]
[20:37] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 ACV
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 ACV and gets 5." [2d6=1, 4]
[20:38] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=2, 5]
[20:40] <Kotono> Despite the aura of peace and love in the room, Saturn doens't even pause! Her Glaive shines with dark energy, tearing into the onrushing Empty One! It's right arm is cleaved down the elbow, side torn open! It's scream is massive, staying up only in rage filled hate as it claws at Saturn!
[20:40] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:40] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 3." [2d6=2, 1]
[20:40] <Kotono> OOC - That's still a hit with the mod. DCV
[20:41] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[20:41] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 and gets 11." [2d6=6, 5]
[20:42] <Kotono> The clawing tears into the fragile side of Saturn! Three clawmarks are made into her stomach, three tiny rills of blood opened wide! (14 damage. Go, Mako.)
[20:44] <Sailor_Jupiter> "Saturn!" Makoto cries out, frustrated and wanting to help, but daring not to leave the other Empty One unattended to head for Usagi. With a cry of frustration, she funnels all the electricity she can reach into her sword, and using it as a lance to stab at the other!
[20:44] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 soul
[20:44] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6 soul and gets 4." [2d6=3, 1]
[20:44] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 ACV
[20:44] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6 ACV and gets 10." [2d6=4, 6]
[20:46] <Kotono> No good! The stab is wide, even as Nemesis crackles with electric wrath! The crowd cries out in shock, stunned, as the other Empty One goes for Makoto! "The Juuban Angels...and demons! They're demons!"
[20:46] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:46] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=4, 6]
[20:46] <Kotono> But this one misses, barely even grazing Mako's cute skirt! OOC - Moon if anythin then initiative/react.
[20:48] * Usagi remains where she is, a proud bulwark of calm and stability even in the ensuing melee! "Everyone, please just keep back from the fighting!" she pleads earnestly, "Stay calm and it'll be okay!"
[20:49] <Kotono> "Hate...hate..." Hatred calls out, but it's power seems to be awning further in the light of Usagi's magic! OOC - Opposed checks again, -3 to Usagi's check.
[20:49] <Usagi> roll 2d6-3
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6-3 and gets 4." [2d6=6, 1]
[20:49] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=4, 5]
[20:50] <Kotono> The crowd is calm and in control. "Heh...he..." Pestilence sounds from above, voice carrying on down. "Miserable humans...why defend them? They're nothing to you! Let them smash each other apart!"
[20:51] <Kotono> OOC - React/initiative.
[20:52] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 1." [1d6=1]
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 3." [1d6=3]
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 1." [1d6=1]
[20:52] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 1d6+10 and gets 12." [1d6=2]
[20:52] * Usagi looks up, trying to locate those mocking voices. "Just get out of here - you're not wanted!" she cries defiantly.
[20:52] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 1d6+8 and gets 13." [1d6=5]
[20:52] <Kotono> They're coming above, but you don't see anything obvious right away with your eyes.
[20:57] <Kotono> roll 1d6+10
[20:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6+10 and gets 14." [1d6=4]
[20:57] <Kotono> Saturn>Moon>Jupiter>EO2=????>EO1 Figures!
[21:00] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru summon s her own energies, flickering barbs of black and violet energy casting out from her hand at the demon-thing attacking her!
[21:00] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[21:00] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=4, 5]
[21:01] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[21:01] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=6, 4]
[21:02] <Kotono> The barbs of energy bite into the Empty One! It's already greviously torn form is shattered, fading into oblivion at Saturn's destructive might! OOC - Go Moonie.
[21:02] * Usagi narrows her eyes a moment as she casts her gaze over the ceiling, looking for the tapestry of magic in the air... if they can identify her that way, then two can play at that game!
[21:03] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check, -1.
[21:03] <Usagi> roll 2d6-1
[21:03] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6-1 and gets 7." [2d6=6, 2]
[21:05] <Kotono> Above! A ways up and aways, perhaps 30 yards near the high ceiling's top. Y ou see two weaves of gray there, ribbons swirling into a tangled mess! This overlaps and flickers, images of Pestilence and Hatred there!
[21:06] <Usagi> "They're up there!" Usagi calls, pointing for Jupiter and Saturn's benefit.
[21:09] <Sailor_Jupiter> Makoto sighs with relief as Saturn's opponent vanishes, and looses her patience for sparring with a monster. "Go help her out!" Makoto calls to Saturn. "I'll be right back!" She adds, running and grabbing at the remaining beast and willing them Away....
[21:09] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6-3
[21:09] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6-3 and gets 8." [2d6=5, 6]
[21:13] <Kotono> OOC - #evil for a short interlude, Makoto.
[21:13] <Sailor_Jupiter> 'k
[21:13] <Sailor_Jupiter> OOC- Argh
[21:15] <Kotono> So Makoto and the last Empty One vanishes! But as this happens, you hear a laugh! It's closer, Pestilence appearing! He floats down, landing amid the spectators. "Foolish...heh. Since Hatred's on a leash by dear old Temptation..." A flash as he withdrawns Pandemic from inside his jacket, "No one survives my blighted blade..." OOC - React/initaitive.
[21:14] <Kotono> In a flash Makoto is there! Far above Tokyo, the freezing widns and lacking air plying at Mako's body! But Jupiter appears there, wings out and flapping as the Empty One takes a swipe at her! OOC - -4 bonust otal, eats the AoS and gives it a -1 total to it's ACV here.
[21:14] <Kotono> roll 2d6-1
[21:14] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6-1 and gets 2." [2d6=1, 2]
[21:14] <Kotono> OOC - DCV.
[21:15] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6-1
[21:15] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6-1 and gets 3." [2d6=3, 1]
[21:16] <Sailor_Jupiter> Makoto smiles and releases the monster, pushing off and letting it fall as she gracefully weaves around the beast.
[21:17] <Kotono> Without the hold on Makoto, the beast plumments down! However, the high heights do affect Makoto, beginning to freeze her! (2 damage and you can feel it's not very friendly to the neighborhood Mako-chan up here!)
[21:18] * Sailor_Jupiter carefully begins to follow the monster as it falls, fast enough to keep it in range in case her impromptu atteack endangers someone else, but keeps out of it's reach, headed to warmer temperatures below!
[21:19] <Kotono> If nothing else, falling is fast! The both of you plumment down, Tokyo fast onrushing! For it's part it flails uselessly in the air, starting to flicker!
[21:20] <Sailor_Jupiter> *This should be interesting, at least.* Makoto thinks, keeping her speed carefully undercontrol with her wings to keep from panicking. She's better with heights now, but they're still scary!
[21:22] <Kotono> It's falling faster! The highest skyscrapers far away are easily visible now - your lungs ache a bit, but it's just doing what it can! You're drifting a bit away from the convention center area if you read your falling angle right, heading towards out over open water of the bay.
[21:23] <Sailor_Jupiter> "Ooh." Makoto smiles and waves at it, gulping air. "Feel fortunate. You're not going to hit the roof of the convention center after all."
[21:24] <Kotono> OOC - Going to let it crash into the water, Mako?
[21:25] <Sailor_Jupiter> OOC- Yeah. As soon as I'm close enough to see it's not going to hit anything or one. An impact like that should mess it up enough that I can make a beeline back to the fight.
[21:16] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[21:16] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 1d6+8 and gets 9." [1d6=1]
[21:16] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+9
[21:16] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 1d6+9 and gets 13." [1d6=4]
[21:16] <Kotono> "What's...going on?" One man calls, as the spectators back away and watch. Several begin to shiver, coursing as their cheeks heat up!
[21:16] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[21:16] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 1." [1d6=1]
[21:16] <Kotono> Saturn>Pestilence>Usa
[21:16] <Usagi> Usagi's reply is brief and to the point. "Liar," she tells him, a slight curve of her lips as she tries to maintain her demeanour.
[21:18] <Kotono> "You..." His neck goes all the way to the side, easily disregarding any concept of normal physiology as he peers at Usagi. "Purity...hmph. You won't survive this time, inhuman!"
[21:19] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru smiles darkly, her glaive up again. "So you say," she snorts, energy surging into the glaive and then bursting forth, a shower of black and purple pouring out from the blade, coalescing  onto Pestilence!
[21:19] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[21:19] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=5, 3]
[21:20] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[21:20] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=4, 3]
[21:21] <Kotono> Leaping well over Saturn's head, the shower of black and purple is evaded! IT rains down where he was, instead using the faraway statue of Mario to rebound into a bulletlike lunge at Hotaru! Pandemic flashes out, lookin to tear her open!
[21:21] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[21:21] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=6, 4]
[21:21] <Kotono> But the blade only flashes by her, narrowly missing tearing open her body!
[21:22] <Usagi> "Everyone!" Usagi raises her voice again to the crowd, hoping she can at least distract them from the exciting magical battle. "Its not safe - you should all leave!"
[21:24] <Kotono> The crowd reacts! They begin tof lee - in amazingly ordered manner, out they go! It's draining out rapidly, giving you a semblance of privacy!
[18:42] <Kotono> OOC - Initiative, all, and react.
[18:42] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+9
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 1d6+9 and gets 13." [1d6=4]
[18:42] <Sailor_Jupiter> OOC- I'm not back yet.
[18:42] <Kotono> OOC - I know. no initiative for you this round. <_<
[18:42] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 6." [1d6=6]
[18:43] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[18:43] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 1d6+8 and gets 10." [1d6=2]
[18:43] <Kotono> Pestilence>Saturn>Usa-Usa!
[18:44] <Kotono> Rebounding from his miss, Pestilence puts his sword away! He holds his open hand to the sky, a ball of black forming above it! A pulsing black sphere, dots of darkness flowing in from all around to it! "None can bear witness and survive the Pestilences!" OOC - Saturn.
[18:47] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru shifts her focuses, her own vibrant black and violet spirit flaring again, surging through the glaive and then out like a blaze from its blade, tearing at the black sphere much as she'd cast Jadeite's black projections aside in their final battle!
[18:48] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check and ACV, both +1.
[18:48] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6+1 soul
[18:48] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6+1 soul and gets 7." [2d6=1, 5]
[18:48] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6+1 ACV
[18:48] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6+1 ACV and gets 5." [2d6=3, 1]
[18:48] <Kotono> roll 2d6-1
[18:48] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6-1 and gets 6." [2d6=2, 5]
[18:53] <Kotono> The Glaive's power slices through the sphere like butter! But the blackness is barely phased! The dots flow around the Glaive, the sickening power simply not greatly affected!  OOC - Moonie.
[18:55] <Kotono> As this happens, Makoto appears a ways aways! Near a wall and a powersource, fresh from dusting another Empty One!
[18:55] * Usagi stays where she is atop her podium, hands clasped earnestly before her bosom as she watches the crowd flee in a mercifully orderly manner, keeping an eye out in case anyone is threatened by Pestilence's attack as they leave.
[18:57] <Sailor_Jupiter> Without hesitation, Makoto spears her fingers into the electrical outlet with more force than is strictly necessary, trying to break it to allow the power to flow more freely, greedily gulping what power it does offer directly into the glowing heat of her soul...
[18:58] <Kotono> OOC - Normal power source rejuv. Are you going to maintain it into more rounds as you refill?
[18:58] <Kotono> "Now....suffer! Perish! Miserable humans and defiant inhumans! None can resist the rotting plagues!" Pestilence throws his ball straight up, soaring into the air - (Usa, declare if you're doing anything now.)
[18:59] <Sailor_Jupiter> OOC-I guess? This doesn't count as being bathed in it? If so, I'm staying until I can recover at least the cost of the last teleport, and hopefully some of the flight. Depends on how bad things get.
[19:00] <Kotono> OOC - Okay, just normal hand is socket levle, yeah.
[19:06] * Usagi stares at the attack, stricken. She's not sure how big that thing'll blow, but from what he's saying it probably will get everyone here... and no way normal people would have a chance against that.
[19:06] <Usagi> The thought barely has a chance to register before she acts, the apparently normal seeming girl tensing her legs before she makes a giant leap into the air to intercept the attack, praying that her own innate purity can defuse the vile sphere before its too late!
[19:06] <Usagi> roll 2d6
[19:06] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6 and gets 4." [2d6=2, 2]
[19:06] <Kotono> OOC - Oh Usa. Trying to take a hit all by yourself. Oi. Lemme see if he makes his ACV first.
[19:06] <Kotono> roll 2d6+1
[19:06] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+1 and gets 6." [2d6=2, 3]
[19:09] <Kotono> OOC - Go ahead and do your EC action or whatever, Usa.
[19:10] <Usagi> OOC: As I said, I'm basically trying to defuse/'cure' it before it blows but pretty much as it hits me. So what checks to I make?
[19:10] <Kotono> OOC - EC level 3. Mmmmm. Soul check +3.
[19:10] <Kotono> OOC +4, excuse me.
[19:11] <Usagi> roll 2d6+4 burning 50 EP
[19:11] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6+4 burning 50 EP and gets 9." [2d6=2, 3]
[19:12] <Usagi> OOC: burned 40 EP.
[19:13] <Kotono> Usagi flows into the orb! Cracks of light and dots of dark duel as the rabbit goes fully into it!  She struggles valiantly against the black onrush, fighting for her dear life! "You can't win...no one can withstand pure miasma!" Pestilence calls, as another few lines of white appear! Then another few and a few more! With a burst the ball of black shatters and fades away, Usagi falling to the ground!
[19:14] <Kotono> OOC - REact/initiative. Mako-chan, you just going to recharge this round? If so no initaitive, if not lemme know and roll.
[19:14] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[19:14] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 2." [1d6=2]
[19:14] * Usagi plummets down, landing in a heavy crouch that nearly pins her to the ground, the blonde not used to falling from that height when untransformed. Dripping with sweat, she slowly looks up at Pestilence, yet remains half planted against the ground, triumphant yet somewhat worried about if any bystanders paid too much attention to what she just did...
[19:15] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 1d6+8 and gets 13." [1d6=5]
[19:15] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+9
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 1d6+9 and gets 15." [1d6=6]
[19:15] <Sailor_Jupiter> OOC-Still chargin'.
[19:15] <Kotono> Saturn>Usa>PEst. Go.
[19:15] <Kotono> "...how...That much purity power?!" Pestilence takes a step back, eyes wide.
[19:17] * Usagi looks faintly sick, yet undaunted. "You're... not wanted, here," she gasps out. "Leave."
[19:19] <Sailor_Saturn> As the tugging in the back of her mind ceases, Hotaru levels the glaive at Pestilence, smiling darkly. "Or die like Despair," she hisses, Saturn's power twisting around the glaive, barbs of violet cloaked in blackness flickering to life, floating around the menacing polearm as they grow and serrate, struggling under their mistress' control. "Saturn Ruin Eruption!" she cries, the torrent of tearing, slashing magic bursting forth aft
[19:19] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[19:19] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=3, 5]
[19:20] <Sailor_Saturn>  "Saturn Ruin Eruption!" she cries, the torrent of tearing, slashing magic bursting forth after Pestilence!
[19:20] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[19:20] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=4, 5]
[19:22] <Kotono> The barbs lace into Pestilence! His suit is torn open, body riddled with hits! He flickers - for a moment you see something horrible, soemthing with vicious blades coming from it's forearms.  The sound - the faint sound of buzzing locusts.  But this is just the feeling of a moment, Pestilence reeling back! OOC - Usa.
[19:24] * Usagi decides now would be a good time to bow out, starting to retreat towards the Nintendo stand and glancing around to make sure everyone is continuing to flee properly now that she's stopped providing a point of stability for them.
[19:25] <Kotono> Most people are a ways away. The Mario statue was knocked over by Pestilence, a few gift backs littered around it. There is plenty of hidden space back there.
[19:25] <Kotono> Meanwhile Pestilence recovers, holding his side. "Damn you...Hatred!" Pestilence calls, looking sky ward...but nothing happens. "Temptation..." he growls, before withdrawing his blade again and making a vicious dive at Saturn!
[19:25] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[19:25] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=3, 6]
[19:25] <Kotono> OOC - DCV taru.
[19:25] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[19:26] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=5, 5]
[19:28] <Kotono> Saturn's ribs are parted! A short but vicious piercing of her center chest, a splurt of blood coming! The wound is bad, but the roaring fever she feels within is worse! Her very flesh seems to be melting, fading, shivering! OOC - 27 damage and you feel sick. -1 to your CV.
[19:28] <Kotono> OOC - Makoto has recovered her EP for the round since she charged. Initaitive.
[19:28] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[19:28] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+9
[19:28] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 1d6+9 and gets 14." [1d6=5]
[19:28] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 1d6+8 and gets 13." [1d6=5]
[19:28] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[19:28] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 1d6+10 and gets 12." [1d6=2]
[19:28] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[19:28] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 4." [1d6=4]
[19:28] <Kotono> Saturn>Usa=~Pest>Jupiter.
[19:30] * Sailor_Saturn hisses and almost snarls at the monster, swiveling and lashing out with her glaive, it's rending black and purple energies burning to new life around it with Hotaru's will as the blade falls upon Pestilence!
[19:30] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 soul
[19:30] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 soul and gets 9." [2d6=3, 6]
[19:30] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 ACV
[19:30] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 2d6 ACV and gets 9." [2d6=3, 6]
[19:31] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[19:31] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=6, 2]
[19:34] <Kotono> The arm of Pestilence is maimed! It's flesh is torn away! What Saturn sees as he flickers is something else altogether! An arm of black and green, buzzing as it nearly breaks apart into a swarm of locusts! A sick, long forearm blade juts out from that, dripping hissing red fluid.  But this barely passes as well, as Pestilence recovers. "Ugh! Burn up! Suffer under the unstoppable plagues!" OOC - What are you doing Usa?
[19:37] * Usagi decides to not retreat after all - she knows what Saturn's about to be feeling and it sure isn't good! Doubling back, the blonde sprints up to the senshi of destruction. "Sailor Saturn, hold on!" she reassures quietly, not wanting to draw anyone's attention back towards what she's doing as she carefully reaches for the other girl, trying not to interfere too much with her movements as she fights.
[19:37] <Usagi> Reaching her side, the blonde's arm glows a soft golden light as she attempts to purify the disease ravaging her!
[19:37] <Usagi> roll 2d6
[19:37] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=1, 6]
[19:41] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check is a base +1 since you aren't diseased this time, but pass anyway.
[19:42] <Usagi> OOC: I figured it was but didn't put it in because I wasn't sure. -2 pass, yeah.
[19:43] <Kotono> Saturn feels the disease within her fade away into nothing! Her bodily functions stabilize, the burning now nothing more than a figment! (CV back to normal)
[19:47] <Kotono> Pestilence wobbles after that, hissing in pain! You distinctly hear the flapping of locusts, a din from within. His torn arm blinks - Pandemic vanishes with it! Instead is a horrible green and black arm made of locusts, a vicious bony blade coming from his forearm! "You..." Rolling back and shedding locusts as he does, Pestilence swipes at Usagi!
[19:47] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[19:47] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 3." [2d6=2, 1]
[19:47] <Kotono> OOC - DCV, Usa.
[19:48] <Usagi> roll 2d6-1 (acrobatics)
[19:48] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6-1 (acrobatics) and gets 4." [2d6=2, 3]
[19:49] <Kotono> Doing the splits, Usagi just avoids a slice that would decapitae her! Instead it whizzes through the air, a smell of decay piercing her nose as the locusts pass by her! OOC - Jupiter.
[19:49] <Sailor_Jupiter> "SATURN!!!" Jupiter cries, the scene not missed as she tears herself away from the needed reserves, her body still crying out for more, but her mind no longer listening it bathes in an endless litany or recrimination for waiting too long. *Myfaultmyfaultmyfaultmyfaultohgoddon'tdie*
[19:49] <Sailor_Jupiter> With a scream of frightened and offended rage, the Senshi of Jupiter sets to motion to close the distance, Nemesis glowing a dark, angry blue, electrical screams crying out in concert with it's mistress' will as she dives at the monster, the air itself superheating as Nemesis parts it! "Die!! THUNDERCLAP SLASH!"
[19:49] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[19:49] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=3, 4]
[19:49] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[19:49] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6 and gets 11." [2d6=6, 5]
[19:50] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[19:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=6, 4]
[19:52] <Kotono> The slash clips the side of Pestilence, a few locusts flying as you see a sick ripple! His human body damages - in it's place is a THING. It's perhaps six to seven feet tall, shifting up and down. A body made of locusts, buzzing in fury! It's only held together by blades coming from it's arms, it's mouth spewing a sick gas! "None! None escape the disease for ever!" he calls!
[19:52] <Kotono> OOc - React/initiative.
[19:52] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[19:52] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 2." [1d6=2]
[19:53] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+10
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Saturn rolls 1d6+10 and gets 13." [1d6=3]
[19:53] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 6." [1d6=6]
[19:53] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 1d6+8 and gets 13." [1d6=5]
[19:53] <Sailor_Jupiter> "You dare confront the power of nature with your lame -disease-???!!" Makoto snarls back, maddened with fury.
[19:53] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 1d6+10 and gets 16." [1d6=6]
[19:54] <Kotono> Hatred>Jupiter>Saturn=~Usagi>Pestilence
[19:55] <Kotono> The thump rattles all else! The entire floor quakes as he lands, a vicious mace in his hand. "Your fury feeds me," he screams, lashing out at Sailor Jupiter! "The orders are in place! Go, Pestilence! Let me soak in their fury and blood!"
[19:55] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[19:55] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=6, 4]
[19:55] <Kotono> OOC - DCV Mako.
[19:55] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6-2
[19:55] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6-2 and gets 7." [2d6=6, 3]
[19:56] <Kotono> The mace just -barely- avoids Makoto's nogging! It makes the air scream, the narrowest of narrow misses!
[19:58] <Sailor_Jupiter> "Pathetic." Jupiter sneers, sidestepping inside the new attecker's reach and hauling off and simply punching him in the face!
[19:58] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[19:58] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[20:07] <Kotono> OOC - Strike-o!
[20:09] <Kotono> The horrible blow hits Jupiter dead on! Her head is cracked by the onrush, a cut over her forehead turning red and sprinking blood into her eyes! Agony flares, the force enough to nearly end a world! (45 damage, Makoto.)
[20:10] <Sailor_Jupiter> Jupiter reels from the blow, taking a half step back, then smiling at Hatred and swinging Nemesis viciously at the big man to cut in half!
[20:10] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[20:10] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[20:10] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:10] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[20:12] <Kotono> The slash has no problems finding a home! A swipe of Makoto's arm, a little jagged rill of blood out! Hatred barely even seems to feel it, grinning. "Show me your hate! Show it to me! It burns up because of her! I feel how much you hate Pestilence now!" OOC - Saturn and Usa.
[20:13] <Usagi> "Good luck, er... Juuban Angels?" Usagi calls a bit nervously, before she breaks into a sprint out of there, intending to take cover amidst the now deserted stands so she can transform and then return to the fray without any of the fleeing bystanders seeing anything suspicious! Hopefully...
[20:14] <Kotono> OOC - I'll assume that tkaes the round, so go ahead and /nick, Usa.
[20:14] <Sailor_Saturn> "I don't hate you," Hotaru breathes, mind forcing its way past the hole in her trorso, the blood staining ehr uniform even as she raises the glaive, her entire form flickering with black and violet flames. "I just want you to die," she commands, the energized polearm coming down, a tearing flash of metal at the man!
[20:14] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 soul
[20:14] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 soul --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[20:14] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 ACV
[20:14] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 ACV --> [ 2d6=11 ]{11}
[20:16] <Kotono> No good, the black glowing slash goes to the side! It whizzes by the giant inhuman, his roar taunting! MEanwhile Pestilence staggers back, voice amid the din of locusts! "Alright, Hatred..." A little pained laugh from him as he flares into a cloud of bugs and vanishes!
[20:16] <Kotono> OOC - REactions/initiative.
[20:16] <Kotono> roll 1d6 Hatred
[20:16] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 Hatred --> [ 1d6=5 ]{5}
[20:16] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[20:16] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{6}
[20:16] <Usagi> roll 1d6+8
[20:16] <Reikobot> Usagi rolled : 1d6+8 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{12}
[20:16] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+10
[20:16] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{11}
[20:17] <Sailor_Jupiter> Jupiter's grin is even wider than Hatred's as she readies for another blow. "No warrior worth anything can last without mastering anger." She quotes, anger still burning behind her eyes. "You'll die."
[20:17] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[20:17] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{12}
[20:18] <Kotono> Hatred>Moon=Saturn>Saturn
[20:18] <Kotono> Roaring out, Hatred brings his mace around again! "Suffer! Perish! Hate as you cannot even evade your demise!" With this his mace goes down again at Makoto!
[20:18] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:18] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[20:18] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:18] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[20:18] <Kotono> Hatred>Moon=Saturn>Jupiter, FYI.
[20:20] <Kotono> The blow is about to split Makoto's skull in two, but the tip of the mace is interrupted! It's path stops entirely as a red rose embeds in it! From the ceiling he falls, Tuxedo Kamen landing in a deft crouch! "Reprehensible! Attacking the future waves of techonology cannot be forgiven!"
[20:20] <Kotono> OOC - You're up to react and go, Moon and Saturn.
[20:21] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru takes that opportunity to recover and slash again, the glaive seeking blood and death with its blazing power and razor edge!
[20:21] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 soul
[20:21] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 soul --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[20:21] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6 ACV
[20:21] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 ACV --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[20:22] <Kotono> Tuxedo Kamen rises, cane out and ready. He looks on impassively, masked face hiding his emotion save for scorn.
[20:22] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:22] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[20:24] <Kotono> The slash seeks out the fles of his leg, a cut opened! He doesn't even seem to feel it, as as luggish green blood flows out!
[20:24] * Sailor_Moon leaps up onto one of the nearby stands, her poise and agility even better now that she's traded her jeans for a miniskirt! Keeping somewhat removed from the battle itself, she marshalls her reserves while watching for an opening from her current vantage.
[20:24] <Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6 for rejuve
[20:24] <Reikobot> Sailor_Moon rolled : 2d6 for rejuve --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[20:24] <Kotono> So the battle rages on! Makoto has her chance as Usagi recovers energy and Hotaru attacks!
[20:26] <Sailor_Jupiter> "I don't fight because I hate. I fight because I love my friends." Makoto's smile turns almost serene as she summons the abundant power of lightning from all around and funnels it into her blade to reinforce the attack!  
[20:26] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[20:26] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[20:27] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 acv
[20:27] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 acv --> [ 2d6=11 ]{11}
[20:27] <Kotono> A miss! The electric charged blade swipes by his side, another miss by a bladed weapon against him. He roars, falling back as he readies his mace. "You lie...I feel how much you want to hate!" OOC - React/initiative.
[20:27] <Kotono> roll 1d6 Hatred
[20:27] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 Hatred --> [ 1d6=4 ]{4}
[20:27] <Kotono> roll 1d6 Tux
[20:27] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 Tux --> [ 1d6=4 ]{4}
[20:28] <Sailor_Moon> roll 1d6+9
[20:28] <Reikobot> Sailor_Moon rolled : 1d6+9 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{10}
[20:28] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[20:28] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{11}
[20:28] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+9
[20:28] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 1d6+9 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{13}
[20:29] <Kotono> Hatred>Tux>Saturn>Jupiter>Moon
[20:29] <Kotono> Snarling Hatred rushes out, this time at Sailor Saturn! "Hate...you're nothing but an inhuman like us! Feel your power, and cast aside these worthless images!"
[20:29] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:29] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[20:29] <Kotono> OOC - DCV
[20:29] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[20:29] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[20:30] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[20:30] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[20:35] <Kotono> OOC - Jupiter.
[20:38] <Sailor_Jupiter> Jupiter swallows as she sees Tuxedo Mask move to save Saturn, relief and gratitude to the tuxedo'd man welling up in her as she turns her attention to Hatred, her heart strangely light. "I love them. And If I have to die for them to live, so be it." Makoto lashes out again. "Jupiter, lend me power...." The lights in the convention center begin to flicker, Makoto holding her sword at the ready and diving at Hatred, pushing the p
[20:39] <Sailor_Jupiter> pushing the power of thunder though Nemesis to blow him as far away from the prone Saturn as possible!
[20:40] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 soul
[20:40] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 soul --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[20:41] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 ACV
[20:41] <Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 ACV --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[20:43] <Kotono> But the powerful onrush is errant! The lighting does not crackle enough nor does the power come fast enough! A miss to above him, Hatred safe! OOC - Usa
[20:46] <Sailor_Moon> "Saturn...!" Usagi's breath catches in her throat at the brutal attack putting the youngest senshi down. "Hold on..." the blonde prays as she summons the Lunar Staff to hand, holding it outstretched and beginning to draw forth power, a silvery white orb coalescing into hazy form above the crystalline stave as tiny pinpricks of light begin to surround the blonde, arcing streamers of energy into the sphere as it gains definition!
[20:46] <Sailor_Moon> "Just a little bit longer..."
[20:50] <Kotono> OOC - initiative all.
[20:50] <Kotono> roll 1d6 Hatred
[20:50] <Misukibot> Kotono rolled 1d6 Hatred --> [ 1d6=2 ]{2}
[20:50] <Sailor_Moon> roll 1d6+9
[20:50] <Kotono> roll 1d6 Tux
[20:50] <Misukibot> Sailor_Moon rolled 1d6+9 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{15}
[20:50] <Misukibot> Kotono rolled 1d6 Tux --> [ 1d6=6 ]{6}
[20:51] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+9
[20:51] <Misukibot> Sailor_Saturn rolled 1d6+9 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{11}
[20:51] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[20:51] <Misukibot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{14}
[20:51] <Kotono> Hatred=~Tux>Moon>Jupiter>Saturn
[20:51] <Kotono> As the battle rages, Tuxedo Kamen turns back and speaks! "Sailor Senshi! Feel within yourselves! Feel your passion to stop this evil where it stands!"
[20:51] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:51] <Misukibot> Kotono rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[20:51] <Kotono> OOC - Free rejuv checks for all.
[20:51] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[20:51] <Misukibot> Sailor_Saturn rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[20:51] <Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6 for free rejuve
[20:52] <Misukibot> Sailor_Moon rolled 2d6 for free rejuve --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[20:54] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 for free rejuv
[20:54] <Misukibot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled 2d6 for free rejuv --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[20:56] <Kotono> As this happens Hatred rushes out, looking up at Usagi! "You!" With a roar his mace lashes, thrown like a boomerang up at the rabbit! "Claimer Asharak!"
[20:56] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:56] <Misukibot> Kotono rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[20:56] <Kotono> OOC - DCV Usa or whatever.
[20:56] <Sailor_Moon> OOC: Can't dodge right now. Commence ownage.
[20:57] <Kotono> OOC - Strike, that is a point.
[20:57] <Kotono> As this happens Hatred rushes out, looking up at Usagi! "You!" With a roar his mace lashes, striking out at Sailor Jupiter again as he looks on at Usagi's gathering energy!
[20:57] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:57] <Misukibot> Kotono rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[20:57] <Kotono> OOC - DCVism go.
[20:58] <Sailor_Jupiter> Makoto just smiles as she tries to dodge the incoming hit.
[20:58] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[20:58] <Misukibot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{10}
[21:00]

Ebiris

[21:18] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru drags herself up, her body a broken, bleeding mess of searing agony with every movement. Her corona of violet is gone, instead a throbbing, pitch black aura of twisting nightmares surround her, even her blood starting to twist under the dark forces beginning to drive her.
[21:18] <Sailor_Saturn> "Terrors and Nightmares, come to me, take me and take him, sundering all life in the Void," she grinds out,a snarling his in her voice as a jet of blackness veined in her own blood bursts forth, screaming for Hatred and his life! "Saturn Crisis Thrust!"
[21:18] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6-5
[21:18] <Misukibot> Sailor_Saturn rolled 2d6-5 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{2}
[21:19] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[21:19] <Misukibot> Sailor_Pluto rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[21:22] <Sailor_Pluto> The great thrust that comes slices into Hatred's chest! For a moment it battles before both vanish! A splurt of blood as Hatred reappears! He looms over you now - a twenty foot tall demon, muscled red body bulging! As green runs down many wounds on it, he cries out! Hands with primodial webbing and horrible talons reach out! It's body is utterly ruined, beyond what any normal form could withstand, but he lives yet! OOC - React/in
[21:22] <Sailor_Moon> roll 1d6+9
[21:22] <Misukibot> Sailor_Moon rolled 1d6+9 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{12}
[21:22] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 1d6
[21:22] <Misukibot> Sailor_Pluto rolled 1d6 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{6}
[21:22] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[21:22] <Misukibot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{13}
[21:22] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 1d6 Tux
[21:22] <Misukibot> Sailor_Pluto rolled 1d6 Tux --> [ 1d6=5 ]{5}
[21:22] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 1d6+9
[21:22] <Misukibot> Sailor_Saturn rolled 1d6+9 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{10}
[21:23] <Sailor_Pluto> Hatred>Tux>Jup>Moon>Saturn
[21:24] <Sailor_Pluto> Roaring out, a stream of pure fire gushes from Hatred's great maw! It rains down, a flame of fury looking to cook Tuxedo Kamen alive!
[21:24] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[21:24] <Misukibot> Sailor_Pluto rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[21:24] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6+2
[21:24] <Misukibot> Sailor_Pluto rolled 2d6+2 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{8}
[21:24] <Sailor_Pluto> Only with the bravest effort does Tuxedo Kamen fall away, waving his cane to dispel the frontrunners of flame before he retreats all the back to near where Usagi is! THe floor where he was bubbles into slag, melted into nothingness! (More)
[21:26] <Sailor_Pluto> With another roar his voice comes, "Enough...your hatred..." In a flash he's gone, simply not there any more.
[21:27] <Sailor_Moon> "What... who?" Usagi starts at the abrupt disappearance, looking around warily from her lofty perch.
[21:27] <Sailor_Jupiter> Wiping blood out of her eyes and sagging a little, Makoto turns to Saturn the instant Hatred vanishes, closing the distance. "You're all right?" She stumbles out, gingerly examining the smaller girl.
[21:28] <Sailor_Pluto> Tuxedo Kamen watches warily, slumping a moment before he trots over to Hotaru. "C'mere. I have another shot of that in me," he smiles grimly, awtching the horribly wounded soldier of Saturn.
[21:29] <Sailor_Saturn> The aura of darkness flickers and dies around Hotaru, the girl's knees buckling as she blindly grabs onto Makoto. "Jadeite...wrose..." she grits through clenched teeth, eyes squeezed shut and breaths barley coming.
[21:29] <Sailor_Moon> Since there seems to be no answer from the one who recalled Hatred, Usagi decides to do cleanup - can't leave all this expensive electronic gadgetry ruined, after all! Holding her staff aloft once more, the blonde closes her eyes a moment as she focuses, a wave of soft golden light spreading outwards from her to rejuvenate her friends and repair the scars of battle!
[21:29] <Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6
[21:29] <Misukibot> Sailor_Moon rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[21:29] <Sailor_Jupiter> "Thank you." Makoto murmurs to Tuxedo Kamen, breathing hard. "You were..wow. Thanks." She adds lamely, gingerly holding Hotaru still for Tuxedo Kamen.
[21:30] <Sailor_Pluto> As the form of the area is repaired by Usagi, Tuxedo Kamen concentrates! Again a faint image of the Earth appears behind him, a golden glow.
[21:30] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[21:30] <Misukibot> Sailor_Pluto rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[21:30] <Sailor_Pluto> Hotaru feels her body mend, light restoring her injuries. (15 HP back.)
[21:31] <Sailor_Pluto> Soon the ruins of battle fade entirely. It as it was, save for being empty. The Nintendo music i sheard again, the soft whirrling and clicking of camers and video cassesttes from the Canon station.
[21:31] <Sailor_Jupiter> Makoto straightens a little, more energetic, but the bloodflow into her eyes only slows a little, taking the offered energies to bolster her soul.
[21:31] <Sailor_Pluto> "Is ito ver," Janna calls out, peeking out from the Nintendo area.
[21:32] <Sailor_Jupiter> "We're clear." Makoto calls to Janna, watching the Senshi of Saturn in her arms intently.
[21:32] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru does straighten slightly, and she at least stops adding blood to the stains on her's and Jupiter's uniforms. "Over..." she whimpers, still clenching her teeth a little. "That's the second time my ribs've been broken in two weeks."
[21:33] <Sailor_Moon> "Meet at Serenity's?" Usagi asks as she hops down. "Jupiter, you take Saturn, I'll take Tuxedo Kamen and Janna?" she offers more quietly as she rejoins the others.
[21:34] <Sailor_Jupiter> "I'm taking Saturn home." Makoto tells Usagi quietly. "She...That was-No. Tell Serenity-sama we'll report later, okay?"
[21:36] <Sailor_Moon> "Okay," Usagi agrees, nodding. "Take it easy, you guys," she offers before taking Tuxedo Kamen's hand and going to meet Janna so they can depart.
[21:36] <Sailor_Pluto> OOC - Cut here and resume as needed later? It's about Mako bed time, I know that.
[21:37] <Sailor_Jupiter> Jupiter gingerly picks Saturn up and begins walking to the door with the smaller girl in her arms, preparing to take to the sky and fly Hotaru home...

Jo'ou Ranbu

[16:28] <Kotono> ---Arc 2 Go!---
[16:28] <Kotono> So Michiru is home after school. A note stays in her bag, an invitation to other things indeed. Her phone awaits, as does Rei-chan.
[16:31] * Michiru opens her schoolbag, searching carefully for the paperpiece with Rei's number. Right afterwards, she grabs the phone, watching the numbers carefully as she dials. A small sigh, a comfortable couch to sit on, and wait. It felt almost surreal for a moment - probably because of the sheer typicalness of the acts.
[16:34] <Kotono> Four rings until, "Hikawa Shrine." It's not Rei
[16:34] <Kotono> Four rings until, "Hikawa Shrine." It's not Rei's voice, instead that of an older gentleman. It's quite easy sounding, but the tone's serious.
[16:37] * Michiru nods silently, as if acknowledging something for no real reason. Her unspoken language acted up even behind a telegraphic device. Odd customs, possibly... "Good afternoon. This is Michiru Kaioh, a colleague of Rei Hino in T*A. Is she available at the moment?"
[16:38] <Kotono> "Yes, hold on." You hear a faint chuckle as the phone is let down. A short pause of rustling and passing, until, "Rei. Hey, Michiru. Anyway, come on over at 6 30 and we'll be great to go."
[16:40] <Michiru> "All right. However, we won't take too long, yes? It'd be less concerning for father if I am back before 10"."
[16:41] <Kotono> "WE can manage that. So lessee - wear something to knock them out, but we're going to somewhere a bit less formal after last time. Cute but not too uptight. ...do you even own any jeans?" Rei stops at that, "Just something that works."
[16:42] * Michiru coughs politely. "Don't worry, I will try to use something appropriate enough. Unless your definition of 'appropriate' involves mini-skirts smaller than your underwear", she finishes with a condescending smirk.
[16:43] <Kotono> "I don't know. I'm not sure you have the ass for that." Rei's rebut sizzles with her own acid, , "Anyway, here..." Directions to the Hikawa Shrine follow. "Don't be late. I blew off Janna and another friend for this."
[16:45] * Michiru sighs and shakes her head, her voice tone changing into a more acid demeanor. "Don't worry. Making people wait is against my education."
[16:45] <Kotono> "Right-o." Rei just lets it pass, "See you then."
[16:46] <Michiru> "All right. Until then, and bye." With these words, Michiru hangs up the phone and nods to herself. First thing to do was to let Masato know she was going out. Which... wouldn't be the simplest task.
[16:48] <Kotono> It is easy in this case - from the maid you find out that he's out today. Not on what business, but he won't be home until past 7.
[16:53] * Michiru bites her lip, and sighs. An easily visible note would be best, then. Michiru goes to her room and grabs paper and pen, and sits down. The note shouldn't be nearly as troublesome to write as talking to father would, after all. With that in mind, she begins. "Father, I went out with a colleague from school for a walk in the city. I should be back before 10PM, however. There is no need to worry. Sincerely ~ Michiru Kaioh." There.
[16:58] * Michiru rushes and puts the note over Masato's desk, in its center. Right afterwards, she heads towards the showers. It'd be a pretty busy end of afternoon, after all, best if she started as soon as possible!
[17:02] <Michiru> The entire shower-drying ritual went subdued. Normally, Michiru would pay notably more attention to that (besides not feeling the agonizing pain of running water through her cheeks anymore) - but she wouldn't be late. At the closet, she pondered over her clothing choices. "Hmmm... the blazer attires are beautiful, but they'd be far too formal. I could... hm."
[17:05] * Michiru delves further into her closet, and finds a less intimidating attire. Pale blue pants, a white long-sleeved shirt, a matching vest. Michiru dresses up... and it still felt a bit formal. "Hm... maybe if I unbuttoned the vest..."
[17:08] * Michiru does so... which, for some reason, felt enough. Michiru grabs a pair of normal grey heels, fits them in and looks around. Her mind worked ferociously fast at that moment, which felt utterly uncharacteristic of her. As she loomed her eyes around the room, a small aquamarine brooch grabbed her attention. Michiru gets up, smiling, and attaches it over her vest, chest-height. Everything seemed ready, and she went to the mirror to see the results."
[17:11] <Michiru> "Hm... I guess this is acceptable enough." With these words, Michiru smiles faintly to herself. Now, all that was left was a book for distraction and her watch. Her steps soon filled the house with a vast, somewhat ditzy rythm. So, that is being a normal teenager?
[17:12] * Michiru returns to her room and sees her open schoolbag. There were a couple of books available. "Mmmm. Crime and Punishment or Orlando..." She stared intently at the books, carefully weighing the pros and cons of each tome.
[17:15] <Michiru> With a deep sigh, she bites her lips and picks up "Crime and Punishment", possibly the fastest reading decision she ever made in her life. Quickly afterwards, she swiftly nabs her watch, comb and purse, stuffs the book in the purse, and then rushedly heads downstairs as she tries to fix up her hair with the comb.
[17:17] <Michiru> A quick stop before the mirror, finishing up those loose ends, and there. Michiru looks at her watch as she heads out, and leaves a shout to the maid. "I am going out now. I'll be back before ten." With that, she opens the door and leaves.
[14:33] <Kotono> The trip to Rei's Shrine - the Hikawa Shrine to be precise - is largely without incident. To most eyes she is merely another resident of Tokyo, no shivers or looks of fear given to her. Not this time, not now. Instead she blends into the masses, and soon enough finds herself at the base of the Shrine. A long flight of stairs leads up to it's opening gate, the torii tall and imposing.
[14:37] * Michiru spares a minute to pay close attention to the surroundings, notably unfamiliar and vaguely intimidating to her. A slight brush of melancholy rushes through her veins, albeit short-lived (until that point, she had been brisque and impersonal. The hurry and vapid normalcy of the last hour would inevitably take a toll on Michiru later). However, a halt and a deep breath later, Michiru climbs the stairs, her eyes now brimming in tension.
[14:39] <Kotono> A few people come and go around you. Normal people, barely paying mind to Michiru as they go on about their business. On top you find a large shrine, a courtyard, a charm stand and a personal house to the side. Nice place all around, really, but something removed from all of thosei s getting attention. Rei Hino awaits near the charmstand, wearing extremely tight black jeans and a tank top that only reaches down to her belly button's uppermost lip. Her hair hands down loose, every step she takes towards you a lazy saunter.
[14:43] * Michiru examinates Rei carefully, her posture decidedly formal (definitely formal enough to be openly mocked by Rei. It was almost like a pasttime, already). With a slight raise of eyebrows and a greeting smile, Michiru nods to herself, as Rei approaches in a fashion that... well, Michiru had her doubts if that kind of posture was attractive to stray dogs, let alone boys.
[14:45] <Kotono> Rei stretches, showing off her taut belly and just the faintest hint of her ribs as she approaches. "Finally...eh, it's an improvement." Looking Michiru over, "Let's go. We should get there just as things are gettings tarted for the night."
[14:50] * Michiru nods, clenching her purse brightly. "I am ready. So. What do you have in mind for tonight's agenda?"
[14:51] <Kotono> Rei only carries a little clutch purse, surely only enough to carry emergency essentials. She seems unconcerned by the cool breeze ,radiating her own notable warmth. "We're going to the High Vibe club. They're not picky about ages and there are plenty of cute guys there!" Rei takes the steps two at a time, "I'll even pay for a cab."
[14:54] * Michiru nods. "Good." She sighs, and looks around, a bit expectant, tense. As if she hoped for someone to save her from a night of... fun? Michiru just realized she was beginning to rationalize the forthcoming ritual - in a rather unwieldily critical manner. She would have to keep her barrier up at that point, then. But, at least, she had her subterfuges to do so.
[14:55] <Kotono> Down the steps you go - a taxi is just pulling up as you reach the bottom steps. Perfectly on time, Rei smiling in justified expectation. "Geez. You're just stiff," Rei says as she opens the door for Michiru.
[14:57] * Michiru smiles faintly, and nods. "Thank you, Rei", she replies vaguely right afterwards. With a bow, Michiru enters the cab, adjusting herself into the seats.
[14:58] <Kotono> So you sit down - the seats are patched and smell faintly of others, an unplaceable cornucopia of scents.  Once the ride is started, Rei kicks back and sighs. "What is with you? Don't you know how to relax at all?" Her arms are bend and supporting her head, elbows pointing outward.
[15:02] * Michiru blinks, and sighs deeply. "Don't worry, it should improve once we're there." With that, Michiru opens her purse. Her fingers swiftly nab a few yen notes, "Crime and Punishment" and... well, that was it. "How much do I owe you? I would like to get this out of the way before I get distracted."
[15:04] <Kotono> "...owe?" Rei snorts, waving her hand. "I don't need you to pay  me back. I'm taking you out on a treat." Reaching forward to push the money back into Michiru's purse, "Besides, I'm sure between us a cab fair isn't going to ruin our pocketbooks."
[15:06] * Michiru sighs. "Fine, if you say so. That's fairly practical for me, at the very least." Michiru looks down, putting the money back in her purse. With a swift motion, she closes it, and her eyes start paying attention to the book. Michiru starts flipping through the very first pages, garnering her focus into the literary art for now.
[15:09] <Kotono> So about ten minutes pass. The quieter parts of the city are left behind for the red light districts and the party stations, and as the sun sets, sunlight is replaced by neonlight. Amid this Rei frowns, watching Michiru read. "...who takes a book to a club, anyway>?"
[15:13] <Michiru> "It is a fairly boring endeavor to me, Rei. I enjoy mental stimulus, which I am unsure to find within a club pestered with hormone-laden youths. Thus, a book is not only a good distraction, but a surprisingly effective shield against potential trespassers. But, nevertheless."
[15:17] <Kotono> "...God DAMN." Rei mutters, looking away in a mix of wide eyed wonderment and disbelief. "You're not looking to ever have fun or get married or even...hell, have you even touched a guy? Casually?"
[15:19] * Michiru snickers in amusement, as if she knew Rei was missing something essential and such fact flew impossibly over the raven's head. "Well, I'll leave that to your own judgment, Rei-san."
[15:21] <Kotono> "Yep. Such a member of the Miss ten fingers club," Muttering in amazement Rei lets the rest of the ride go without incident.  The club itself is a garish affair - it's name is emblazoned in red neon, glowing like an out of control pulsebeat. Young people in styles from the clean cut to school uniforms to gothica all mill about inside, a huge dance floor and bar. It's also noisy as hell; Michiru can barely hear herself think!
[15:27] * Michiru squints her eyes, clearly bothered by the extremely noisy atmosphere. "This should be a long night", she muttered to herself. Michiru carefully opens her purse and puts the book back in, closing it shortly afterwards. Focus would be difficult... but, at least, she could delve deeper into her innermost, thoughtless impressions. Although even the extremely tacky fashion of the club could present a challenge to that.
[15:28] <Kotono> Rei leads Michiru along, taking her hand for good measure as they transverse the glittery exterior! To the bar she goes, two stools procured. "Just a water for now. Get my friend here...oh, how about some sake? Something to loosen ehr up!" The barkeep is a young man with black hair dyed blonde and a short goatee. He's cute, Rei casting hungry eyes onto him. "Don't you think so?"
[15:31] * Michiru glances, and shakes her head, as she looks for "Crime and Punishment" once again. As she picks the book up and closes the purse, a deadpan shot comes out. "He looks like my father, somewhat. Speaking of father, could you ask the bartender to bring me a glass of brandy instead of sake?" With that, Michiru opens the book and resumes her reading.
[15:33] <Kotono> "Brandy it is - sorry Miss, but the person's word goes before others." With a short bow he goes, off to get the glasses desired. Rei gives Michiru a soft glare, before calling, "Fine, brandy here too! At least make it a doublef or her!"
[15:33] <Kotono> Turning thereafter, "Oh for...you're looking entirely wrong. Unless you're looking to pick up the one in a million cute librarians."
[15:34] <Kotono> A moment later it hits her, Rei doing a doubletake at the retreating barkeep. "...oh damn it."
[15:36] * Michiru snickers after a short glance. "Don't mind me, Rei-san. This kind of environment usually brings the poisonous naga in me, and even I need some amusement from time to time. At least, your snarky comments quota for the night will fill up quickly, right?"
[15:37] <Kotono> "...naga..." Rei sighs, and as the brandy is returned, she guns down her small glass of it in a go! This makes her eyes bug out, cheeks aflame but she holds in a violent cough. Instead her chest surges, and once that passes, "...alright. Put. The. Book. Down."
[15:39] * Michiru snerks condescendently, almost uncapable of holding off her laughter. Michiru was clearly amused - maybe a bit -too- amused. She could give in to any other reasonable demand Rei was to make, but that alone would keep her entertained for the night. So, she sighed, her smile subsiding, and said as told. "If you say so, Rei-san."
[15:40] <Kotono> "First." Once the boko is put down, Rei pushes the brandy forward - this is a tleast a double like Rei commanded - "Drinkt hat down. It should loosen you up a bit."
[15:42] * Michiru nods and takes a deep breath. "Now, now, Rei-san. Brandy is not a drink you gulp indiscriminately in order to get drunk, yes? Don't worry, I won't waste your money in this shot." Michiru gently takes a hold of the glass, and sips some of the drink. Her hand, then, puts the glass down softly on the counter, as she watches the liquid simmer and shine.
[15:44] <Kotono> Thump. That's the sound of Rei's hand slamming into her forehead. "Barkeep, sake." Shehalf barks this command, waving him to her. "Look. The sooner you finish the sooner we can get moving. Just swallow it! It's not a damn work of art, it's a drink!"
[15:46] <Michiru> "Drinking is its own art, Rei-san. Don't worry, I will bring the glass alongside as you begin the shark hunting, yes? I can adapt to your rythm fine - in -my own terms-." Michiru raises her eyebrows once again, her smile brighter, certifiably amused. "And, if anything... I am having fun so far", she finishes with a cheerful expression and a shining smile on her face.
[15:48] <Kotono> Twitch. Twitch. Twitch. As the sake arrives in a tiny thimble, Rei takes it and presents it. "Open. Up Now."
[15:49] * Michiru blankly grabs the thimble, and opens it. "You want a sip before we move on, Rei-san?"
[15:50] <Kotono> "Just. Drink. It. All. Now." Rei grates this out, left eyebrow dancing around mad. Her fists go into little balls, hanging at her sides.
[15:52] * Michiru quickly sips it, and, as the liquid simmers down, a fast, hypnotic buzz screams and tilts Michiru's mind for a moment. She coughs and squints her eyes for a moment, and she shakes her head. "Mmrgh. You better not turn me into an alcohol deposit tonight just for the sake of your definition of "loose", Rei-san. Anyhow."
[15:57] <Kotono> "Let's see about that." Rei takes Michiru's hand again, dragging her out into the mass!
[15:59] * Michiru is dragged along, like a ragdoll. Oh well, it was an entertaining exchange while it lasted. However, she would have to engage the indistinguishable mass of hypnotized people, the entranced fools, which... urgh. It was a vaguely uncomfortable thought.
[16:03] <Kotono> Into the masses indeed! It's too hot here, hot and sweaty. People dance in a rythym to the pulsing, incoherent 'music'. There is no grace or style to it, only a driving urge to move. Merely a prodding whip, artistry cast aside. Rei responds to it, lightly jiving and dancing around as her eyes roam. "Hey, 'chiru! See if you find anyone you like!"
[16:07] * Michiru glances around, her face now contorted into a vaguely cynical seriousness. The music almost cut through her skin, brutally unrefined and raw. It lacked the stream that led along notes and subtleties by hand. It was comparable to a monkey randomly thudding its head to a wall. "Huh. I... don't think I'll find anyone that interests me in this chaotic mess..."
[16:13] <Kotono> Rei turns to you - she sweats not at all, a pristine Goddess of fire dancing amid her chaos.  Her hair sways, men and women coming past her. "Oh, just choose one. It's not as ocial, just ASK someone or look at them right!"
[16:15] * Michiru shrugs with a disinterested gaze. "If I get my way on this, I will just choose to remain with Dostoyevski, Rei-san. And I'd rather not have you rip my copy of 'Crime and Punishment' to shreds. I'll leave the pick in your hands."
[16:17] <Kotono> "...fine." Rei glowers and takes your hand again, leading you through the masses! So she goes sweeping along, back to where a few tables are set up just off the edge of the floor. A very cute guy is here - short cropped green hair in a buzz cut, muscular and strong. He looks maybe half American or European, skin a little too pale. "Hi there!" Rei waves to him, seeming to sit alone.
[16:20] * Michiru just watches the little intermezzo fly along. She discreetly watches the boy, thinking through a few possibilities of what he might be... and how could she dismiss him as painlessly as possible, if needed.
[16:22] <Kotono> "...hi." He smiles a bit, looking Rei over long and good. Michiru a little less so, but his gaze still unwraps her like a steak. "Hey there." He smiles, pushing a glass of beer aside.
[16:23] <Kotono> "Hi! I just wanted to let you know...I'm sorry but she's so shy!" Rei steps back, giving Michru a little push forward. "Say hi, Michi-chan!"
[16:23] * Michiru smiles seriously, formal and polite. "Good evening."
[16:27] <Kotono> "Hey there, pretty." He pats the table, "So...sit down." He raises an eyebrow after, a bit of an accent on his words.
[16:28] * Michiru coughs, and nods silently, her expression almost frighteningly steely for a second. However, she turns to Rei and her face softens, albeit still focused. "Rei-san, could you excuse us for a moment? Go into the fray and have fun, I'll manage just fine."
[16:31] <Kotono> "Good." Rei smirks, doing just that and leaving Michiru to her fate.
[16:35] * Michiru nods to herself, and sits down. Her eyes focus like a gelid, straight line to the boy in her front as she clasps her hands together by the fingers, leaning her chin over the hands. Her expression is dreamless, cathedratic. "First of all: I am not your 'pretty'. Second: I am not your mother, nor your sister, so I'd appreciate a less condescending tone. You understand, correct?"
[16:36] <Kotono> "Really now?" A smirk from him as he looks over Michiru, settling to look on her bosom with a leer. "Playin' hard to get? I understand alright."
[16:38] * Michiru coughs. "I am not here for your viewing pleasure. Look up to my face instead of my relatively flat chests. I am just indulging Rei for now."
[16:41] <Kotono> "Those are flat? Damn, you into tits or something?" He says carefully, looking Michiru over. "You interested or not?"
[16:42] * Michiru nods and her expression lightens up for a moment, letting even a quaint smile go. "Oh, I'm definitely interested in a good conversation, don't get me wrong. Which I still hope I might get from you, as long as you have other subjects other than the size of my nipples."
[16:45] <Kotono> "....oi. Look. I'm looking for a nice girl to go to a hotel with. If you aren't, just go and save us both the time." He sighs, going back to his drink and swallowing a long gulp.
[16:47] * Michiru nods and snickers. "That was all I needed to know. I'll let you go back to your deer hunting now. Good evening to you", then getting up and leaving nonchalantly.
[16:49] <Kotono> "Later." He waves and lets Michiru go - Rei's back in the massed crowd, seeming to have lost track of Michiru for th moment.
[16:51] * Michiru considers her options for a moment. Why immediately return to Rei? She seemed to be enjoying herself, and, quite frankly, Michiru could leave the formalities of breaking Rei's patience for the aftermath. She pondered a little... where could she find a relatively quiet place to resume reading? Hm... maybe the bar, for now. Resolute and vaguely human, Michiru heads to the bar, purse in hand.
[00:37] <Anastasia> The bar has several stools still open. It's a watering hole between dances, the barkeep moving and chatting. While the music still blares here, there is the dimmest semblance of refinement and rest simply by being away from the grinding, energetic dancing out and about.
[00:41] * Michiru nods, exerting a vague sense of recognition with her steps. Maybe a bit of subdued satisfaction? Her steps moved delicately, almost like a ghost's footprints touching the air. Open the purse, draw out Dostoyevski, sit down without rush and begin, once again, reading. And, of course, the ever present possibility of a glass of brandy. This was more than enough. And, as such, Michiru reads attentively.
[00:47] <Anastasia> Perhaps ten minutes pass as such. A short respite, slowly falling into the trance of well written literature. This is a rare bliss, but one that is as fragile as Michiru's own soul. The breaking stone comes from a call! "Hello there." Coming down to sit on the stool next to Michiru is a cute young man. He wears his light brown hair back in a short ponytail, a dapper black suit worn that doesn't quite fit in here. He has strong, slanted
[00:51] <Anastasia> He has strong, slanted features, too rounded to hold any menace.
[00:55] * Michiru glances up, a sharp raise of eyebrows, to pay attention to the stranger - but, as she realized there was a human being in there, a sharper phrase in "Crime and Punishment" swept her by assault and her destiny could never return to that glimpse again. Before the rapture, however, she manages to let go a graceful smile and a nod. "Good evening." And then, she returned to the silent vigilance of reading. Ah, Fiodor, such brilliance he had...
[00:56] <Anastasia> "Crime and Punishment?" The polite question follows, a little lean in at the book to get a glance. "I never imagined I'd see someone reading that in here of all places."
[00:59] * Michiru snickers with a healthy dose of condescendence and surprised amusement. "It was either this or Virginia Woolf. And, while I enjoy Virginia's dense prose, tonight could use something that prefers sharp moral and human analysis over a neverending stream of thoughts and feelings. Plus, something here has to distract me."
[01:01] <Anastasia> "Mmmm. Virginia Woolf. Not my style, but I see the appeal. Mmm, barkeep, cognac." So he orders, smiling, "Would the lady like a drink?" He seems silky smooth, too, not a hair out of place on his head.
[01:04] <Michiru> "If I feel the desire for a drink, I usually order it myself. However, your courtesy is quite appreciated. And accepted." A slight smile forms in Michiru's mouth, her eyes now emitting a faint glint. Still a bit sharp, but at least, the conversation started in a vaguely promising manner.
[01:07] <Anastasia> "I thank you, m'lady." A soft bow to that, drinks brought over in short time. It's ont -great- stuff, really, but it's drinkable. He takes a long sip from it, savoring before he turns to MIchiru. Nice brown eyes, mostly open but with a slight..tenseness to them. "Your friend said you were interesting."
[01:11] * Michiru shakes her head and lets go a slight laughter. She flips a page of the book and rehearses a cynical smile, her expression clearly tongue-in-cheek. "I see Rei-san has been obsessing over my state of affairs even when I cannot see her, eh?"
[01:14] <Anastasia> "Mmmm. She has good taste, at least. That last woman was..." A shiver by him, a look away.
[01:17] * Michiru sips the cognac once again, her eyes half-closed and an expression of vaguely childlike tedium. "Reminiscing your former companies in the labour of courting, my lad? Bold strategy. Still, a flattering comment is a flattery comment, like popular repetition would chant."
[01:23] <Anastasia> "...sorry." His murmur is refined, voice refocusing with a quickness. "She was merely displeasant in the extreme. Mmmm." CAsting his eyes out to the crowd, he frowns. "She's out of sight again. Strange one, that."
[01:23] <Anastasia> Shaking his head again after, a little foggy, "...sorry. She was just very...memorable in her way, I suppose."
[01:27] <Michiru> "Say ill, but say my name, indeed." Michiru glances to the crowd, trying to distinguish the masses inbetween and see what was the man talking about. It sounded almost like he was... Rei? Eh. She couldn't recognize anyone over that entranced mob, regardless, so she just turned back to the stranger. "I see. If you're speaking of her even as you flirt with someone else... but enough. I am not going to hold that against you."
[01:29] <Anastasia> "Apolgies. Perhaps...she was one of those rare birds that truly capture attention...hmmm." Shaking his head, "I'm sorry, I'll leave you. Something about her...she's sent my thoughts into a mess." So he stands, going off at a slightly strange clip.
[01:29] <Anastasia> roll 1d2
[01:29] * Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d2 and gets 2." [1d2=2]
[01:34] * Michiru raises her eyebrows and engages a more contemplative mindset. Something was clearly off within that. A bit unsettling, even... however, as amenable and potentially pleasant a conversation with that man could've been, she had more pressing affairs to attend in hands - precisely, Dostoyevski.
[01:41] <Anastasia> OOC - Soul check, Michi.
[01:41] <Michiru> roll 2d6
[01:41] * Hatbot --> "Michiru rolls 2d6 and gets 4." [2d6=3, 1]
[01:43] <Anastasia> A shiver. Michiru's world turns into a hazy mass of gray for a heart transmuting breath, her reality trying to slide back to another way. A full body chill, as if her very flesh was tormented in a second for eternity.
[01:47] <Michiru> A fast heartbeat, a sharp, deadly gasp. Her soul suddenly retracts as if skillfully stabbed in its core by a spear. Her entire body reacts in an attentive scowl, and the eyes squint in vague terror as the colours try to fade away... in that split-second, she drops the book, and its deaf thud marks a small scar in her mind. "... what?"
[01:59] <Anastasia> In the mob Michiru gets a glimpse - of blonde hair. Of a pair of eyes on her with a startled intensity, before she melts back into the notgray mass. A peekabo dress as she fades, everyone else seeming to only dance stronger, more passionately.
[02:02] * Michiru blinks, and rubs her temples in disbelief. She picks up her book and hurriedly puts it into the purse, approaching the mob increasingly fast. Her mind raced at this point, her eyes tense and sharp. "... Temptation?"
[02:09] <Anastasia> Into the crowd Michiru races! Temptation flows back naturally, only seen in glimpses! She heads back, into the bathrooms with a startling speed. Into a small crevice of light and sanity, a place where the noise dies down.
[02:11] * Michiru follows, doing her best to keep pace. The furiously entranced masses now rush by as a blur, the world around Michiru dizzy and indistinguishable in its profusion of poorly done beats, tacky lights and heated, savage touch... until the crevice.
[02:12] <Anastasia> Into the bathrooms - the female ones. It's strangely quiet in here. Restful, recovery, serene. Amid white tiled walls and partitions areas of relief, you find her. She waits just inside. "Stagnation..." Her voice is strangely quiet, eyes on you as you enter.
[02:14] * Michiru suddenly loses momentum, her expression waning from the bloody tension to a steely and impenetrably dense melancholy. Michiru lets go a deep sigh, and nods vehemently. "Temptation. I knew it was you."
[02:18] <Anastasia> Temptation glides forward easily, a hand reaching out for Michiru's cheek. "Why?" An unguarded question, her face palpably sad. "Come back. I don't want to have to kill you. Even with Despair being dead..." Her face droops a little more, hoping nonetheless, hand carressing, "Come to us."
[02:21] * Michiru looks up Temptation's eyes, and crosses her arms as she shakes her head, her expression doubtful, hazy. "Temptation... I am truly sorry. For what happened. I didn't want to see him die. But... I was weak."
[02:22] <Anastasia> "You were still only a strapling." Temptation sighs deeply brushing your cheek. "These inhumans here are strong - too strong. The Sages...I believe in them, but in this age..."
[02:22] <Anastasia> roll 2d6
[02:22] * Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=3, 4]
[02:30] * Michiru shakes her head, strangely understanding, but laced in bitter awareness. She breathes deeply once again, in a serene expression of sadness. "Listen, Temptation. I was weak. I cannot run away from my shortcomings. Too weak to stand the mark of being an inhuman. This cost Despair his life. And, now... as much as it disappoints me..."
[02:33] * Michiru raises her chin. "I am bound by a different duty, now. And these new ties saved my life. I cannot turn my back on this role, and, as such, we are now antagonists. It is a sad war, but I have an allegiance to keep."
[02:35] <Anastasia> Yet as Michiru speaks, she feels raw desire flitter in her body. A temptation, luring her. A cold lure, a desire for what she had tickling inside. "No." Temptation smiles, focusing on Michiru's. "Come with me, Stagnation. We will go to the Sages together and leave this garish world behind." It's strange, Michiru feels her head trying to get light...
[02:37] * Michiru rubs her temple, increasingly uncomfortable as her body deflates and becomes crescently unstable. "Please, Temptation. Do... not... insist..."
[02:39] <Anastasia> OOC - Soul check.
[02:40] <Michiru> 2d6
[02:40] * Hatbot --> "Michiru rolls 2d6 and gets 4." [2d6=2, 2]
[02:44] <Anastasia> Michiru's mind...is stays her own. The temptation is strong, but her will only bends, not breaking! "But..." Temptation turns away, a soft sigh. "You know what will happen."
[02:49] * Michiru remains steely and unwieldy, now looking sideways. "I do. But even I am not selfish enough to deny other people their dreams. Especially ones I love. Temptation... I know how terrible the pain of being on your side is. And I can't wish that to anyone." Michiru sighs once again, turning her back to Temptation, leaving the room. "My apologies, Temptation."
[02:50] <Anastasia> roll 2d6
[02:50] * Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=3, 4]
[02:51] <Anastasia> "I'm sorry...Michiru." Temptation sighs, but her hand lashes out! In it her whip appears, a deadly arc to strike the aqua haired Sailor girl! "I can't let you just walk away!" OOC - DCV.
[02:51] <Michiru> roll 2d6
[02:51] * Hatbot --> "Michiru rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=3, 4]
[02:55] <Anastasia> The lovely whip wraps around Michiru! Her body is held, no damage but she is entwined. "Don't...don't make me..." Temptation sighs, looking away.
[03:04] * Michiru struggles against the whip's tangles, vainly trying to move, as her face tenses... but such hot blood is short-lived. Her anger subsides, leaving only bitterness and disappointment. "I expected better than such brutal force from you. You cannot bring me back by force, Temptation. Not when it wasn't force that brought me to your side to begin with. Let. Me. Go."
[14:40] <Kotono> Long is the silence as Temptation goes away, closing her eyes. She sighs most deeply, as if her very spirit is pierced. "Stagnation..."
[14:40] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[14:40] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=6, 3]
[15:42] <Kotono> Temptation attempts to send Michiru flying into the wall of a stall, but she manages to flow with the whip throw and instead land unbound just before the stall!
[15:46] * Michiru lands forcefully upright, her eyes now focused and ferocious. Her teeth grit, and she takes a deep breath. "... I am no longer Stagnation. Temptation... we have no other choice." Michiru takes hold of her transformation pen and raises it high, followed by the shout. "Neptune Planet Power, Make Up!"
[15:48] <Kotono> In an onrush of vibrantly flowing water Sailor Neptunei s born! She stands hugging herself, as Temptation recoils her whip. "Good bye, Neptune." It's all she says, weapon at the ready! OOC - Initiative.
[15:50] <Sailor_Neptune> roll d6+8
[15:50] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls d6+8 and gets 9." [d6=1]
[15:50] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[15:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 3." [1d6=3]
[15:50] <Kotono> OOC - She goes first.
[15:57] <Kotono> WIth that her whip lashes out, looking to strike Sailor Neptune, lashing across her body!
[15:57] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[15:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=4, 6]
[15:57] <Kotono> But it misses, only rebounding off the metallic wall of the bathroom stall!
[16:22] * Sailor_Neptune closes her eyes and focuses, extending her palm as she envisions. A cascade of raindrops... reaching the ground and heating up as the sun comes out, and their volatile bodies raising in a dance, creating a dense mist... "Flowing water, I call upon your ethereal haze form..."
[16:22] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check -1
[16:22] <Sailor_Neptune> roll 2d6-1
[16:22] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls 2d6-1 and gets 9." [2d6=6, 4]
[16:26] <Kotono> But the water does not answer Michiru's call! Only a few fleeting vapors come to Michiru, not nearly enough! OOC - React/initiative.
[16:28] <Sailor_Neptune> roll d6+8
[16:28] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls d6+8 and gets 14." [d6=6]
[16:35] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[16:35] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 3." [1d6=3]
[16:35] <Kotono> OOC - Go Neptuen.
[16:38] * Sailor_Neptune grumbles, and shakes her head in annoyance. "Not good." However, regardless, Neptune stands ground, and focuses again, now attempting a more aggressive plan. "Neptune Nereid's Sonata!"
[16:39] <Kotono> OOC - ACV go.
[16:40] <Sailor_Neptune> roll 2d6
[16:40] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=4, 3]
[17:00] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[17:00] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=5, 4]
[18:17] <Sailor_Pluto> A soft wave of water crashes over Temptation! Her body is barely damaged, but the soft, syllabant whispers of water sap her will! "...Stagnation..." she says sadly, whip lashing out again!
[18:17] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d56
[18:17] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 2d56 and gets 94." [2d56=40, 54]
[18:17] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[18:17] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=3, 4]
[18:17] <Sailor_Pluto> OOC - DCVism.
[18:20] <Sailor_Neptune> roll 2d6
[18:21] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=2, 5]
[18:22] <Sailor_Pluto> The whip again wraps around Michiru! Sailor Neptune is bound completely! "...close your eyes," Temptation says sadly. "I'll at least put you to sleep without pain."
[18:26] * Sailor_Neptune struggles vainly against the whip's tangles, her breathing now heavy and incredibly difficult.
[18:28] <Sailor_Pluto> OOC - Initiative.
[18:28] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 1d6
[18:28] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 1d6 and gets 1." [1d6=1]
[18:28] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 1d6
[18:28] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 1d6 and gets 1." [1d6=1]
[18:34] <Sailor_Neptune> roll d6+8
[18:34] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls d6+8 and gets 9." [d6=1]
[18:35] <Sailor_Pluto> ????>Temptation=Michi
[18:39] <Sailor_Pluto> The door flies open casually as you fight. "Michiru, are..." Rei begins, blinking hard as she sees a bound and whipped Sailor Neptune via Temptation. "...YOU!" REi's eyes fill with fire, her hand making a wave, a wave of fire fired right at the woman of the whip!
[18:39] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[18:39] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 2d6 and gets 5." [2d6=3, 2]
[18:39] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[18:39] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 2d6 and gets 2." [2d6=1, 1]
[18:41] <Sailor_Pluto> Temptation doesn't even pause, instead breaking into an easy, cattish smile at Rei as she sidesteps the flames. "Oh inhuman...aren't you missing someone important, hm?"
[18:41] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[18:41] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=2, 6]
[18:41] <Sailor_Pluto> roll 2d6
[18:41] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Pluto rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=5, 5]
[18:42] <Sailor_Pluto> "...Usa..." Rei shivers, falling back against the doorframe as she shivers all over! OOC - Go and do whatever you want to try bound up, Michi. I note EC is viable when you're tied up like this generally.
[00:12] * Sailor_Neptune heaves, and with a deep, difficult breath, she focuses her energy once again, now to summon a fierce steamblast against Temptation. She focuses once again, conjuring the water in eternal flow of change as a weapon.
[00:13] <Kotono> OOC - Soul check. G'luck!
[00:14] <Sailor_Neptune> roll 2d6
[00:14] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls 2d6 and gets 3." [2d6=2, 1]
[00:17] <Kotono> roll 2d6 DCV
[00:17] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 DCV and gets 5." [2d6=2, 3]
[00:18] <Kotono> Temptation easily flows out of the way, spinning around in a circle! This releases Michiru from whipbind, sending her twirling like a grazed bowling pin as well! AS she does, whip lacing out to chip away at the wall and all around her, "Then if you insist, Stagnation!"
[00:19] <Kotono> OOC - React/initiative.
[00:19] <Sailor_Neptune> roll d6+8
[00:19] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls d6+8 and gets 11." [d6=3]
[00:22] <Kotono> roll 1d6 Rei
[00:22] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 Rei and gets 1." [1d6=1]
[00:22] <Kotono> roll 1d6 Temt
[00:22] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 Temt and gets 1." [1d6=1]
[00:22] <Kotono> OOC - Go first, Neptune.
[00:26] * Sailor_Neptune fixes her eyes on Temptation, distilling disappointment in a bitter, resentful glare. "I think words are no longer useful now, Temptation. Neptune Crystalline Crescendo!"
[00:27] <Sailor_Neptune> roll 2d6
[00:27] * Hatbot --> "Sailor_Neptune rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=4, 3]
[00:31] <Kotono> roll 2d6
[00:31] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 6." [2d6=1, 5]
[00:32] <Kotono> Coming out of her spin, Temptation easily falls into the splits, evading the watery blast! As aqua crystals meet triply at where she was, Temptation looks up at Michiru. "....ugh. Don't look at me like...!" In a flash she is gone, vanished!"
[00:34] <Kotono> Rei just stumbles, falling back onto the floor. "Usagi...ugh!"
[00:37] * Michiru looks up and runs to tend Rei's possible wounds. Her bitterness wanes partially, giving breath to concern. "Rei-san! How are you doing? Are you hurt?" The ocean-green girl holds Rei's hands, looking straight at her eyes.
[00:47] <Kotono> Rei shakes her head, dizzily blinking. "Michiru...gonna go home now. Thinkshe's gone...Usagi-chan..." Her words are a muddy mess as se gets up, forcing herself to stand.
[00:51] * Michiru shakes her head, and sparkles a gentle snicker as she helps Rei to get up. "It's a good idea. Don't worry about Temptation... she is gone for now. Also, I admire your dedication to Tsukino-san, from what I've heard you mutter." Michiru bites her lips - such an inappropriate thing to say. On the other hand, Rei -was- an inappropriate lady. Two negatives equal a positive, in the end.
[00:53] <Kotono> Rei blushes hotly at that, "Not ga...oh, Usagi...I love her so much," Rei sniffles, wet sounds coming. "I...I need to go find her and tell her. How did I ever forget?"
[00:59] <Kotono> Rei just follows out, back into the senseless club din. But Rei shakes her head, "No...No. I'm going to get a cab and go visit Usagi now. Now." As you walk out Rei removes her hand, starting to go off.
[01:03] * Michiru sighs and, resignedly, lets Rei go. Nothing she could do, after all. However, Michiru had to wonder. Fickle thing indeed, the flare of teenage passion. And, for a moment, she wondered if lacking the passionate drive she saw in others was painful. But enough. Michiru nods to Rei, and smiles. "It's your life. The most I can do for you, now, is to split the cab costs if you so desire."
[01:04] <Kotono> "Alright, yeah, sure." Rei hustles out, waving at passing cabs with a hasty, brazen attention getting jump once she is outside. One quickly pulls up, Rei getting on it. She blurts out Usagi's address, "Hurry, too.""
[01:08] * Michiru enters the cab, and shakes her head subtly at Rei, and murmurs a meaningless greeting to the driver. Her fluid lethargy now could be seen in a nearly translucent light, her existence seeming almost as if she lived in a world made of still natures. Once again, Michiru picks up "Crime and Punishment". It would be a longer ride than average.
[01:11] <Kotono> It's oddly silent. Rei looks out the wnidow the entire time, playing with the hem of her halter top. So a half hour passes before the cap stops, Rei getting out with nary a goodbye.
[01:15] * Michiru nods and waves a shaky goodbye to the flaming amethyst. Her expression, as soon as Rei leaves, assumes a different paradigm - her thoughts gazed now into serene melancholy, instilling the running waters and trembling in an ambiguous dance. Michiru nods to the driver, giving him the directions to the Kaioh household.
[01:28] * Michiru keeps reading "Crime and Punishment", and, while Dostoyevski himself wasn't nearly as broad and generic - not generic at all! - Michiru starts drifting her mind towards the very concept of morality, or lack thereof. She pondered all the things she said to Temptation - which, by now, sounded like sentimental drivel that Michiru herself would dismiss without a glance. Yet, she shot the words with nigh-fiery zeal... such haughtiness... (More.)
[01:31] <Michiru> ... such haughtiness for a speech Michiru didn't even believe? The inconsistencies in Michiru's logic felt particularly obvious, and they pulsated, bleeding like a wound freshly cut by a shining knife. Michiru, so far, hadn't exercised ammorality. However, she was immoral and selfish. She had no right to look down upon them. The inhumans, the Senshi. And... for a second, she felt she didn't belong. Anywhere.
[01:36] * Michiru gazed at the book, the words in it sharply speaking against her own stand, gorgeous daggers of motherpearl grazing her heart without even spilling a drop of blood. Michiru, more than anyone, knew her own shortcomings. Nevertheless, she had little drive to cultivate virtue - or what people knew as virtue. She craved the dignity of living astray from virtue or vice - true ammorality. She failed tonight. And the car stopped.
[01:40] <Kotono> "Thanks, that'll be 6050 yen." The driver is an older fellow, speaking in clipped tones. Payment is simple, home ahead. Father as well, surely upstairs or in the living room.
[01:43] * Michiru clenches her purse and checks her watch. Being late would be a grave breach within the rules she and Masato set up intimately, she instinctively knew so. After all, a written promise wasn't worth any less than a word of faith. Michiru hurriedly entered the household, looking for Masato with an anxiety that verged a demonstration of... desire.
[01:44] <Kotono> It's 9:42. Masato is found upstairs, in his small personal library. Here he sits, reading a book on a hard wooden chair, gaze occasionally drifting out the window to view the sleeping, dark clad back yard.
[01:48] * Michiru subdues her steps as soon as she recognizes Masato, and her body slowly comes to a halt. Her expression is a bit heavy, still not recovered from her thoughts back at the cab, assisted by Dostoyevski's precise language. Like always, she nods to herself and approaches slowly, in a particular ritual.
[01:49] <Kotono> This time - this time words interrupt. A single word, spoken with gravity of 17 years condensed into one set of letters. "Michiru." Father turns his head, a long pause as he looks at her.
[01:51] * Michiru lowers her head, and bows respectfully. "Father. Good evening. I'm sorry for the hurried note."
[01:57] <Kotono> "It is of...not importance. Michiru..." Father considers long, looking away. "There is a...retreat. I feel a bit of time away may help you find your music again."
[02:00] * Michiru looks down, still distraught. A heavy sigh follows, and she nods hypnotically to her father's words. "You mean, away from Japan."
[02:01] <Kotono> "No. Not that far." A pause as he ponders Michiru's action, "A week or so away. It's in Sapporo - the cold snow is good for your spirit."
[02:04] <Michiru> "... I understand." Michiru blinks absentmindedly, her heart now pondering between heavy dismay and reflexive serenity. The eyes shine faintly in melancholy, and she dares look up for a moment. "Father... you have that much faith in me?"
[02:05] <Kotono> Masato is looking away. He looks down at his hands - delicate hands, the hands of an artist. Hands that create, perhaps pondering the creation; his most precious creation. He just doesn't speak for a long time, before, "THe plane leaves in the morning. Pack."
[02:09] * Michiru subdues her soul, and stands silent for a split-second, still uneasy. However, she understands. In acceptance of the vicissitudes of fate, one must know when to retreat. And she did. "Understood, father." With that, she bows once again, preparing to leave.