News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Life. Another fine mess.

Started by thepanda, October 18, 2002, 06:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

College is proving to be a headache in some respects. This isn't just a recent theme, either. It starts waaaaay back at registration.

High school transcripts... missing.

Financial aid... missing.

Scholarship (full)... missing.

Grants... missing.

Mailbox key... missing.

It just got worse from there. Because my transcripts were MIA my pre-registration didn't go through. By the time I got to register, two of the classes I needed were completely full. Resigning myself to a summer of playing catch up, I attended the classes I could and managed to get the high school transcripts and financial information turned in. Late, but oh well.

The school makes us get net accounts, but because my info was incomplete I couldn't long in until two weeks ago. Major meetings took place I was not aware of.

I finally found out why my scholarship and grants hadn't gone through. Apparently, the put me in the computer as a MISS!. Yep, and the idiot secretary thought it was funny to keep asking me if I was sure I wasn't a woman. Never have I come closer to hitting a woman in my life.

And some of my grants seem to have mysteriously disappeared. Thank god my scholarship was still there.

Which brings us to the next bit. Remember those classes that were full? The ones I needed but couldn't get into?

Well, since I could now log into the school's system I decided to find out my midterm grades. And low and behold, there was a big fat ZERO starring back at me from the screen. A zero in a class they had told me had no openings. A class I was not supposed to have. Its too late to make up a zero, and I'm on an academic scholarship. Now I have to drop a class I needed, never knew I had (it wasn't on the schedule they printed out for me at the beginning of the semester), and it may be too late to drop the class.

Fuck .-_-

Kwokinator

Man, that blows.  Someone up there seriously has it in for you 0_o

If you have the schedule they printed up for you at the beginning of the semester, can't you hold that as evidence to drop the class? ^_^;

thepanda

I DO still have the schedule they gave me. Its just that after a certain date you can't drop a class, period. I'm not sure when that date is, but I think its sometime toward the beginning of next week.

Kwokinator

Go talk to them on Monday then ^_^

Even if it's over, they should let you drop it, since it's an exception.  It's THEIR fault you didn't go because they screwed up, not yours.  If the registrars say it's not allowed, go one step up and talk to someone higher ^_^

thepanda

Exactly what I planned to do.^_^

You know what the worse thing about this whole situation is? This is the brief version. I didn't list the rest of the stuff that's happened or the unsolved mysteries of my financial situation.-_-;

Kwokinator

Damn, someone up there REALLY has it in for you ^_^;;

Dracos

OUUUUUUUUCH.

Gah.  KNIFE TO SECRETARIES HEAD.

On a more serious note... you need to get to someone who is 'at the top' of scheduling, and get this sorted out.  Explain to them (Using small words) how it is entirely their fault and, while you love attending their college, that becomes rather a bit of a challenge when they make it the most stressful possible experience they can.

If you are feeling really mean, reference that if they start getting annoying.  The fact is there are other school out there... I presume if you rated full scholarship, you are good enough that they don't want you leaving like that.

Fearless leader
Well, Goodbye.