News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Plot Rails Solve All Problems

Started by Bjorn, November 20, 2006, 03:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

Through no fault of his own, Brian has limited net access, which in turn has brought the game to a bit of a stand-still.  Now, I don't want to cancel the game, and since we were just sort of getting rolling, I've got no real desire to put it on hold, either.

So here is my proposal: I am going to use that good ol' RPG staple, the Railroad Plot, to split the party, with Hal in one group and Brian in the other.  This will let Hal get on and play.  By sheer happenstance, we are at a perfect moment in the plot for such a split, and as such I am willing to undertake the following pledge: the minute Brian is back in action and ready to rumble ol' sk00l Internet-style, I will reunite the party -- either by allowing communication between the groups or (more likely) by Plot Railroading you back into the same group again.

So, here's what I need to know from you, the PCs:

1) Does this sound like a good idea?

2) How long til Brian is back?  I mean, if it's only going to be a week or so, I'm making a bit of a fool of myself here.

3) Rez, if the split goes through, which party do you want to be in?  You have been conspicuously quiet in your under-blanket cowering lately; is this because you are busy in real life, and would some time off suit you?

Rezantis

(1) I don't mind!

(2) Not a clue!

(3) I've been fairly busy (which is why the move took so long), although to be honest I'm back to having free time again now.  I'd just go with whichever seems the most IC, unless you wanna do it by GM fiat in which case I don't mind. :D
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Halbarad

You already know my answers. =P

1) Spiffy by me.

2) Color me ignorant.

3) "Mr. GM, sir, there's some kind of pink... SOMETHING following me. With a pillow."
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Brian

1.) Yes.

2.) 2d2+1 days.

3.) On THAT note, Pink One, we need to discuss administration at some point. <_<;;

Guess who didn't log an important AIM chat? :D
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Quote from: "Brian"2.) 2d2+1 days.

This is a relatively short period of time.  At the rate everything has been going, I'd barely have finished with the railroading by the time Brian was back.  So, hokay, we waits.  We waits with antici-PATION.

Rezantis

Quote from: "Brian"1.) Yes.

2.) 2d2+1 days.

3.) On THAT note, Pink One, we need to discuss administration at some point. <_<;;

Guess who didn't log an important AIM chat? :D

L. O. L.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

Yeah, well, I wasn't the one who advocated using such an unsecure channel in the first place, oh non-google-chatting one.

And, uh, I totally blew how long I was going to be away, but that was only because I actually trusted my roommates to do anything without me goading them to get it done.  Le-sigh, and many apologies.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~