News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Tristat DX: Assassins

Started by Anastasia, November 24, 2006, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Post of interest and recruiting since Tsukihime fell apart.

This will be a post human, modern urban fantasy 100 CP game. It's to focus on assassins dealing with missions given to them to execute in a fairly dystopian setting. More details to come on interest.

May and Ebiris have already signed on. If you want to play post in the topic. Feel free to PM me for more details, I'm just scrounging for interest right now. I'm only looking for another 1 or 2 at the most PCs, and one may be part time. Small game dynamic is the goal here.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jo'ou Ranbu

Hm. I'll give a nod of interest.

Anastasia

Okay!

Snow, Ebiris and Hotaru are on board. While I still have some interest in a fourth, I won't push it if no one comes forward. I'll post some background information and plot details here in the next day or so.
<Afina> Forever.

Jo'ou Ranbu

My basic sheet. Going to add background and more polish to it later. EDIT: Completely redone sheet. Going to add the background to it ASAP.

Takematsu Chizuru

Body: 6 (12 CP)
Mind: 12 (24 CP)
Soul: 7 (14 CP)

HP: 85 (65+20 from Tough Level 1)
EP: 95
ACV/DCV: 8/6 (+3 ACV with Pistols, +3 DCV from Defensive Combat Mastery. This raises the ACV/DCV to 11/9.)

Attributes

Tough - Level 1 (2CP)

- HP +20 per level.

Defence Combat Mastery - Level 3 (6CP)

- +1 DCV per level.

Highly Skilled - Level 8 (8CP)

- +10 Skill Points per level.

Features (Appearance) - Level (4CP)

- Indicates Chizuru's level of beauty. At this point, she's -this- close from being abnormally pretty. <_<

Creation (Poison) Level 1 (2CP.)
* Duration - Rank 5 (5CP)
* Activation Time - Rank 5 (+5CP)

- Allows Chizuru to create, from nothing, poison materials. The materials crafted by this supernatural ability last up to one hour, and creating them takes around ten minutes.

Special Movement (Untrackable) - Level 1 (1CP)

- Chizuru has... well... an unnatural ability to not leave traces. Not even footprints.

Mind Control - Level 1 (5CP)
* Duration - Rank 2 (2CP)
* Targets - Rank 1 (1CP)
* Range - Rank 1 (1CP)

- Chizuru can obfuscate the mind of a person she chooses. This lasts for around 30 seconds, and can affect a single person within a range of 10m.

Wealth - Level 1 (3CP)

- Chizuru, due to her black-widowing schemes, has considerable wealth. She would be richer, but the preparations to forge her new persona were quite expensive... (About $500,000 in the bank)

Gadgets - Level 2 (4CP)

- Chizuru has a small-scale lab and a Flechette pistol for personal use.

Pocket Dimension - Level 2 (6CP)
* Duration - Rank 4 (4 CP)

- Chizuru carries with herself a Pocket Dimension in her coin purse. This Pocket Dimension can carry two more people, and it can be left open for a minute before closing down abruptly.

Special Defenses (Poisons, 2CP)  

- Chizuru, due to many years of playing with non-healthy substances and, maybe, even due to magic, developped immunity to poisons in general. Handy.

Healing  (4CP)
* Concentration (+2CP)
* Targets - Rank 1 (1CP)

Chizuru can perform minor healing tasks with her knowledge of pharmacological drugs and medicine. This requires some degree of concentration, and she can't do much other than speak or move very slowly during the task. The person she treats must be fairly close as well.

Defects

Skeleton in the Closet (+3CP)
Famous (+1CP)

Skills

Biological Sciences (Physiology) - Level 4 (12 SP)
Poisons (Synthetic) - Level 4  (20 SP)
Sleight of Hand (Stage Magic) - Level 1 (4 SP)
Seduction (Male) - Level 4 (16 SP)
Etiquette (Upper Class) - Level 2 (4 SP)
Performing Arts (Public Speaking) - Level 2 (6 SP)
Social Sciences (Psychology) - Level 2 (6 SP)
Stealth (Concealment) - Level 2 (5 SP)
Writing (Academic) - Level 1 (2 SP)
Medical (Pharmacy) - Level 4 (16 SP)
Gun Combat (Pistol) - Level 2 (10 SP)
Languages (Portuguese, Russian, English) - Level 3 (9 SP)

==========================================
Background

Nanayo Matsumi was a jewel in the sand. Being gifted with astounding beauty AND incredible intelligence, she could go almost anywhere in the world. Except that she was born in a low-middle class household in Japan. Her parents were simple-minded and somewhat foolish, and she led a rather mediocre life until college came. Her top-of-the-state grades led her to excellent major education possibilities. Her apparent biggest ambition back then was to be a good chemist researcher, knowledgeable and skillfull. To get her expenses covered, she took a night job during her whole college experience as an assistant to a low-grade magician - somewhat typical, all in all. Once graduated, she got herself a job in the chemical industry, and took it from there, expanding her studies and research. That would probably make her a typical successful woman in Neo Tokyo, right?

Not quite.

Nanayo Matsumi had quite a perverse flare within. With little to no sense of morality and rather twisted ambitions, all her knowledge and aptitudes are geared solely to her ambitions of wealth. Yes, a greedy little woman who does not value human life and a lawful existence. She knew that just working wouldn't give her the comfort she so richly deserved, after the mind-numbing life she had back in college, back in her parents' house. And she had the beauty to be nabbed by any rich oak that found her lying around... but she needed an opportunity. Such opportunity met about nine years back, when she first met Kazuo Omoikane, the president of a company that competed with the one she worked in, during a conference regarding the study of new drugs in New Tokyo. He was immediately entranced by her beauty and intelligence. She was immediately entranced by the man's bank account. And they started dating. In a year or so, they were married. And about a week after the marriage, he was found blissfully dead in his bed, for unknown reasons. Along with his body, a crumpled note written by Nanayo, who... apparently had committed suicide. Of course, when the police checked Kazuo's bank account, it was empty. A year later, another case of a wealthy man being found dead on his bed with notes of a suicide wife was reported.

And, six years ago, Chizuru Takematsu was born. With a new identity, a rather different look and a complete new life, Nanayo used that money to establish herself anew and rise into the high society and academic world once again. Now, she leads her wealthy, dignified life with great pleasure. Being invited to lectures about new drugs and chemical compounds, and working as a rather high-profile researcher in a company that rivals the two companies she had contact with before, Chizuru is quite a notable little woman with a skeleton or two in the closet. And she knows exactly what to do if she needs to keep up appearances or get rid of someone who dares cross her way.

Ebiris

Dracos

Yum, FORMATTING.

*eats*

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Neo Japan

The Third World War of 2006 brought what many called the End of the World. The United States, victim of a mysterious terrorist attack, launched nuclear missiles at Iran. This began a horrible cycle of violence - the Chinese returned fire as the situation deteriorated, as did much of Europe and Israel.

The year 2006 became known as the Third World War. Mainland China, the United States, most of Europe, parts of Western Russia and the middle east were turned into glass plated nuclear craters. In the vacuum of nuclear fallout and winter the human race struggled to survive...

The year is currently 2026. Twenty years after WW3 several nations have risen. Japan, Australia, Brazil and a wounded Russia dominate the world. Africa is complete mess, a mix of refugees, natives and constant warfare. The world would have fallen into ruin if it were not for the inventions of the Creation Drive.

Created by Fujimori Kensei, it has mastered the difficult art of replicating raw materials. With this Japan has become the leading nation, the new global superpower. High technology blooms, even while a powerful government rules from Tokyo.

While there are elections, strict control is kept. While some complain, dissidents have slowly faded away over time. How...strange. Yet there are assassinatinos and occasional bits of discord. Surely it's just the age we live in, right?

---

Magnum Deus 666

The stability of Japan is almost absolute. The only flaw in the ointment are occasional unsavory incidents. Assassinations! A legend given form and rumor each time anything foul happens - be it an assassination, a bit of bad luck or even a government minister dying naturally.

The government does not acknowledge such a group, yet rumors persist doggidly. Are they the Yakuza? Russian Mafia? A doomsday cult? No one knows.

---

Basic instructions for backstory.

The game will take place in Tokyo, Japan. Set up there as such. I'm going to do a brief bit of backstory to get each of you into the plot, then we'll focus on grouped gaming. Just set up your basics and we'll hammer it out, poke or post with questions on how far to go if you have'em.

---

House rules so far:

1. Extra attacks is banned. Other traits will be banned if I find them unsuitable to the game.

2. Critical hits allow a DCV check to evade them, but with a +2 penalty. Seems to fairly balance, especially since a big one can instagib.

3. Please do not use both Skeleton in the Closet and Wanted for the assassin stuff. I'll allow one of the two, but using both feels like double dipping on the same circumstance.

More later as I fiddle with the system and run a few combat demos.
<Afina> Forever.

Halbarad

Tentative maybe might possibly be an outside chance that I'll play.

Sheet's located here (yay for fun chargen with Tristat):
http://70.112.24.169/~halbarad/Anastasia_Cherenkov.txt
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Anastasia

Okay, that's two main sheets and the backup potential. Hotaru, could you post your beta?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Houserule 4: We are using the optional rule where you only roll initiative once per fight, ala 3.5 D and D. Less dicing, more action/RP.
<Afina> Forever.

Asrana

Miss Kinomoto is here to see you.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.