News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

House rules!

Started by Anastasia, November 29, 2006, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Here we go.

1. Extra attacks is banned. Other traits will be banned if I find them unsuitable to the game. There aren't any yet, but we'll see as we playtest.

2. Critical hits allow a DCV check to evade them, but with a +2 penalty. Seems to fairly balance, especially since a big one can instagib.

3. Please do not use both Skeleton in the Closet and Wanted for the assassin stuff. I'll allow one of the two, but using both feels like double dipping on the same circumstance. This applies to character creation only, it may be possible to gain these traits together in play.

4. We are using the optional rule where you only roll initiative once per fight, ala 3.5 D and D. Less dicing, more action/RP.

5. There's no official ruling on how we're doing damage or HP yet. That'll come soon - I may use the intro sessions as a test run for all the systems. The Hong Kong Action THeater rules are out, I don't like them.

6. Auto-Fire is banned for now. I may review this later but right now I'm just not going to deal with it.

7. A max of 12 defects, with a maxium of 10 in human form. This system does seem to encourage them, but really, anything past that is just too much for character generation.

8. Should the player earn enough money in game to cross a threshhold of the Wealth attribute, they gain that level of it for free. This assumes that they don't blow all the money, of course.

8a. Lurking Sir Alexes gain no wealth regardless of actions. ^_^

9: Once mental combat is estalished, the attacker automatically acts first. Essentially, the purpose of this is to make sure that the mental attacker at least gets a chance to do damage after making contact.

10: If the base amount of damage of an attack is 5 points or less, there is no roll to determine the percentage of damage inflicted. This should mainly apply to improvised weapons and the like, there's no point slowing down play with those extra, extremely marginal rolls.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

New rule added about Wealth.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Rule 9: Once mental combat is estalished, the attacker automatically acts first.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Rule 10: If the base damage of a n attack to be rolled on is 5 or less,  it's not diced for. There's really no point when you're lookign at less than a point of damage reduced.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Rule 11: Force field is capped at level 2 at a maximum for PCs. Armor isn't capped right now, it may be later if need be.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Oh, and don't be pithy and replace force field levels with armor. That makes for an unhappy GM.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

12: Re: Encryption vs computer techs.

Having done a bit of research into modern encryption, it's obvious that cracking it by brute force isn't possible. Not gonna happen, let alone twenty years in the future. On the other hand, it is a game, so...

I'll give you checks on it, but don't expect miracles from brute forcing. I gave you a bit of a freebie the first time on it. <_<
<Afina> Forever.