News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Mission 1: Foresight isn't 20/20

Started by Ebiris, December 16, 2006, 05:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

[18:21] <Koaway> In the days that pass since the formation of the team, the members find out the following information about the mansion. The first floor has a few notable things - a kitchen usually stocked with food, makable on demand. The entertainment room is new and fresh, modern TVs, sound systems, computers and so on there. Nothing super hyper techolonogical, but there's internet access and good speed. The armory requires a small keycard, given out to e
[18:22] <Koaway> given out to each of you. Inside the following items are stored and can be taken at will. (More)
[18:24] <Koaway> Light and heavy handguns and ammunition, takable at will if one wishes. Normal typed grenades, also takable at will. A few military grade knives as well, and finally a collection of certain chemicals. Useless to most, but anyone with skill in chemicals, explosives or thel ike can experiment with them and have a free base of material to make booms with. There's also some old style TNT in the back. (More)
[18:25] <Koaway> The rooms on the second floor are fairly nice. There's space, internet/power connections, private bathrooms and so on. The views are quite good and the rooms are cleaned daily. The third floor is mainly plants, plants plants - presumably deadly ones. There's also an area that's blocked off by a metal security door and wall, what's past unknown. (More)
[18:27] <Koaway> The fourth floor is huge! Books on subjects far and wide are here, an assortment of languages. One could find a treatise on anything they could imagine, including many darker arts. Indeed, parts of the library seem to have been chosen to aid in study and development of less savory sorts. Alexandria is almost always up here, reading and secluded. (More)
[18:29] <Koaway> OOCwise, this will mean that when/if you are awarded more points in whatever there will be material to help you study and learn up here. Quite handy. Finally, a few general notes - you only see one servant around the mansion, the same silent, black garbed man.
[18:30] <Koaway> The middle of November is rolling around when the call comes. A call to each, be them in the mansion or away. Meet in the library at noon, come ready. So the hour comes, Alexandria waiting in her normal soft, unusuall unassuming clothes, a book on her lap.
[18:32] * Ana-chan arrives on the fourth floor a few minutes before noon, clad in a long-sleeved white blouse and sky blue skirt. Nodding to her hostess and employer, she waits for the others to arrive as they will.
[18:32] * Karuma-chan arrives punctually, attired in her business-like waistcoat and pantsuit as she breezes into the library. "I was starting to worry you'd went to all the trouble seeking my services, only to let them go to waste," she remarks airily as she takes a vacant seat as if she owns the place.
[18:34] <Koaway> "It begins now," Alexandria smiles, like rustling silk as she waits for the other two to arrive. "Do you find the mansion pleasing so far?"
[18:35] <Ana-chan> "I have no complaints," Ana says quietly, shaking her head. "It's very quiet here."
[18:36] <Karuma-chan> "It's sufficient," Karuma allows neutrally.
[18:37] * Chisato shows about at the same time, dressed easily in a black business skirt, a similarly hued vest contrasting over a simple white blouse, and warmly smiling as always. She mvoes to take a seat, quietly taking in the conversation.
[18:39] <Koaway> "Welcome," Alexandria greets Chisato, "Now we only await our...Black Widow."
[18:39] * Chizuru arrives nonchalantly, dressed in her typical grey tailleur under labcoat business attire, high heels notwithstanding. "Good afternoon. Sorry for the delay...", she murmurs. Chizuru bows to Alexandria and her companions, and takes a seat herself.
[18:41] <Koaway> "Good," With a florish Alexandria stands, a thick folder in her hands. "We have our first target - I expect nothing but success, but this will be more difficult than the normal people you assassinated before."
[18:43] * Karuma-chan cocks her head at that phrasing. "We're going after someone... abnormal?" she speculates. Someone with powers... perhaps like hers? The thought sends an odd thrill through her.
[18:45] * Ana-chan simply leans back against one of the bookcases, looking towards Alexandria. "What will make this more of a challenge, exactly?" the  blonde asks.
[18:45] <Koaway> "Yes. Two of them, as a matter of fact." Placing the folder down on a nearby table and opening it, she takes two photographs out, passing the first to Karuma. "Yoshiro Daikage." A confident man with a wild mane of black hair, muscled, scarred up and imposing. In the image he wears a sharp suit, two black suited goons walking besides him. "The rising star of the Yakuza. Known to be expressly violent, vicious and able to avoid even the worst sc
[18:46] <Koaway> "First of all..." A grims mile appears on Alexandria's face, "According to my incomplete information, he can fly, has superhuman endurance, has several techquinces and is at the absolute maximum of human potential. -But-!" A second photograph is taken out, "There's a further complication."
[18:46] <Koaway>  vicious and able to avoid even the worst scrape."
[18:47] <Karuma-chan> Karuuma's eyebrow rises up, wordlessly passing the photograph around so the others can have a look as she waits for this further complication.
[18:48] <Ana-chan> Ana's eyebrows raise at the description - this would definitely be something that would require the efforts of more than one 'elite' assassin, certainly.
[18:49] <Koaway> The second photograph is passed to Karuma after - a little man. He can barely be five feet tall, short cropped black hair and a squirrely, gnomish look to him. "Ukio Daikage. Yoshiro's younger brother and a rising psychic." In the picture the two are together, Yoshiro laughing loudly as he guns down a beer, his younger brother meekly sitting besides him.
[18:49] * Chizuru takes the picture onto her hands for analysis, nodding silently to some apparently non-existant spectator. "He does match up the horror stories in appearances."
[18:50] <Karuma-chan> "He's the brains to Yoshiro's brawn, then?" Karuma asks, likewise passing the second photograph around.
[18:50] <Koaway> "I don't know as much about his powers - but fore vision and extrodinary senses are definitely a part of his talent pool. Both brothers are abnormally gifted." Sitting back down as those are passed around, "Something close to that, yes. An invincible warrior and an indomintable mind."
[18:51] <Chisato> "Shouldn't be any trouble for you then, Chizuru-chan, Yoshiro's probably so horny he'll jump on anything willing to spread it's legs..." Chisato purrs softly, smiling and tapping her jaw as she thinks.
[18:52] * Ana-chan frowns a bit at that. "The brawn sounds like something I could tackle, but the psychic might create problems - for me, at least."
[18:52] <Karuma-chan> "Would be best to split them up, and it that's what works..." Karuma muses agreeably, finding herself intrigued. "I admit I've never gone up against something like this, but tackling a genuine psychic interests me."
[18:52] * Chizuru snickers to Chisato with a malicious glare. "Someone here has to do the dirty work, right? I mean, better than handling it to someone a bit beyond their social prime. However, I don't think we have been introduced yet..."
[18:53] <Koaway> "The kicker is that they're no fools, they work together." Alexandria adds this caveat at the end, "I believe seperating them to be essential, but they rarely do so. So therefore...3 million yen each on success, with an additional 3 million bonus for the assassin that kills them directly."
[18:54] <Chisato> "3 million for the pair, or each target individually?" Chisato asks dryly, giving Chizuru  a playful return glare and smirk as she turns towards business.
[18:54] <Koaway> "EAch target," Alexandria clarifies, smiling darkly as the assassins talk and lightly bicker.
[18:55] * Ana-chan remains quiet for a few moments before speaking up again. "If they're part of the Yakuza, I would guess they do not have any set schedule or routine - do you have any confirmation of that either way?"
[18:56] * Chisato just gives a little shrug. "Yakuza have office work, too, but if they're on the way up..." she offers, humming and settling her eyes on Chizuru curiously.
[18:56] <Koaway> "There is more information, yes." Alexandria goes back to the folder, a sheaf of papers taken out. REading from them briefly, "While they do move somewhat and discreetly, they also have a base of operations. The Zen Zoku club in the New Trizoku District. The intelligence on the place confirms it as a Yakuza operating base, including approriate security."
[18:57] <Karuma-chan> "I think three million is a bit short for slaying made Yakuza," Karuma corrects smoothly. "Five million each sounds more agreeable, don't you think?"
[18:59] <Chisato> "The circumstances do indeed sound rather thorny," Chisato agrees softly, nodding in to Karuma.
[18:59] <Koaway> To this Alexandria's eyes narrow, but her smile is viciously amused. "Very well - 4 million each and 5 million for kills."
[19:00] <Karuma-chan> "You're a hard bargainer, Miss Alexandria Ourobouros," Karuma replies in her own dry amusement. "I suppose I'll just have to make sure I get a killing blow to make this worth my while."
[19:01] * Ana-chan simply nods, deferring to the more experienced in matters of business. "To whom do they report in the Yakuza?" the Russian asks.
[19:02] <Koaway> "Yoshiro runs this shop, only reporting to The Ghost - the shadowy leader of the current Yakuza." At this Alexandria's amusement rises. "I'd be careful and not get overly ambitious. Getting him invovled may be...unpleasant."
[19:04] <Ana-chan> "I have no plans of involving him, but knowing their place in the organization is useful," the blonde replies, shaking her head.
[19:04] <Karuma-chan> "Especially since we won't even get paid for killing him," Karuma mutters, shaking her head.
[19:04] * Chizuru nods. "We don't want to incur the wrath of an entire criminal organization, particularly this soon."
[19:05] <Koaway> "Indeed. Now do any of you have a workable plan yet?" So Alexandria goes on, leaning back in her leather chair.
[19:05] * Ana-chan snorts. "We will be doing that in any case if we kill this 'Ghost's' direct subordinates." Ana leans back against the bookcase, taking a few moments to think.
[19:08] * Chizuru leans against the soft fabric of her seat, pondering for a moment. "Hmmm. Do we have any information on the younger sibling's habits and personal preferences? He... quite frankly, he seems like our first priority."
[19:08] <Karuma-chan> "We need more information," Karuma states, steepling her fingers. "Then, with that, we can choose a more opportune time and place to single them out, away from their fortified Yakuza base."
[19:09] <Chisato> "I have one that's workable, but I really don't want to use it," Chisato remarks dryly, shrugging as she keeps thinking. "Mmm. TYransit, or at least somewhere basically unfamiliar."
[19:10] <Koaway> "Not very much - he's quiet, withdrawn and generally dominated by his brother. They live in the same apartment complex as well." Alexandria reads off, passing the folder to Anastasia.
[19:11] * Ana-chan opens the folder, lightly brushing her fingertips over the documents within as she scans them.
[19:12] <Chisato> "How old is the younger brother?" Chisato inquires, glancing at Chizuru again.
[19:13] <Koaway> Anastasia finds basic information - the addresses and names listed. Parents are deceased, only a few semi distant relatives. They're noted for being busy. "26 and 23, respectively."
[19:15] * Chizuru returns the glance with a snicker. "What do you have in mind?"
[19:17] * Ana-chan closes the folder, passing it on to Chisato - who happens to be sitting nearest her. "I can place my own role in the work, but as to the problem of separating the two... that would probably be best handled by others."
[19:18] <Chisato> "Oh, I was vaguely hoping he was a seventeen year old still hormone laden little thing..." Chisato murmurs, snickering a little. "Though...we can't dismiss the idea of him being a telepath, I suppose," she murmurs, taking the folder and scanning through.
[19:20] <Chizuru> "A straight-out seduction scheme is pretty much out of the picture with that factoid, truth be told. We're not dealing with a monkey like Andropov here, who is easily swayed by a pair of jugs with generous cleavage..."
[19:22] <Karuma-chan> "But!" Karuma interjects brightly, "The same cannot be said for their comrades in the Yakuza. I'm sure you could cajole some useful information out of one of their employees, hmm?" she smiles at Chizuru.
[19:23] <Ana-chan> "If it comes to that, I doubt I would have much problem getting inside their base and remaining unobserved - but the question is what I would be searching for inside."
[19:24] <Karuma-chan> "What we need to find out is when they will be outside their base - say for example at a drug or weapons deal with another group, or something like that?" Karuma nods to herself. "Lots of high strung people with guns around, and no telling what accidents could happen."
[19:25] <Chizuru> "That would be a risky proposition if the younger brother is around. He might recognize your own powers if you try that approach."
[19:27] * Karuma-chan shrugs. "I could always just arrange a car accident for him. I'm just not sure that would be sufficient to do in our man of steel older brother."
[19:27] <Ana-chan> "If this psychic truly has the ability to foresee things, we are in for a rough time of it no matter what we try. Your accident might never occur if he can see it coming."
[19:28] * Chizuru nods. "Which is why we need to reach to him first."
[19:29] * Ana-chan ponders for a moment. "Chizuru-san, you are an expert with poisons, yes?"
[19:30] <Chizuru> "Why, yes", Chizuru glees. "Do you have anything in mind regarding that?"
[19:31] <Ana-chan> "It will probably require some observation of their habits to know where they eat, but... if they eat at their home at all, it should not be terribly difficult for me to get inside it and plant some sort of poison capable of killing the younger and at least weakening the elder."
[19:35] * Chizuru considers and nods. "That certainly deserves a bit of pondering over, at the very least. However, the younger boy's issue still remains. We need to make sure they will ingest the poison, and he might be able to find you with his power, thinking pessimistically. It could work, but there are more factors here."
[19:36] <Karuma-chan> "Chisato, you said you had a preference for guns, yes?" Karuma asks the eldest of their group, thoughtfully. "Could always snipe him, after all..."
[19:37] <Chisato> "Guns and artillery are what I have the most experience with," Chisato agrees, nodding.
[19:40] <Karuma-chan> "I also think we'd be best dealing with both at the same time," Karuma adds, "If we eliminate one, the other will surely go to ground, making things that much harder. So, we need to seperate them, and then kill them within the same rough time scale."
[19:41] <Ana-chan> "Mmm..." Ana nods. "Then the question first becomes how to separate the two."
[19:44] <Karuma-chan> "Perhaps simply observe and wait for an opportunity? They can't be joined at the hip, after all," Karuma posits. "Maybe in the observation, they will reveal a method to seperate them, anyway."
[19:44] * Chizuru crosses her hands and lands her on her lap, resting her chin over the folded hands. "It will most likely be a near-split second opportunity, in that case."
[19:45] <Ana-chan> "Unless some kind of habit is revealed that gives future opportunity," Ana answers. "Certainly being ready to move on a moment's notice is not foolish, but rushed jobs tend to go awry more often than not."
[19:47] * Chizuru nods. "Even reaching that golden minute would be a matter of patience, truth be told."
[19:50] <Koaway> Through all of this Alexandria watches, silently smiling...
[19:53] <Ana-chan> "I think Karuma-san has the correct approach for this first," Ana says, straightening up. "We shall need more information before we can decide on a more solid course of action, regardless of what it is to be."
[19:54] * Chizuru nods blankly. "Agreed. We're near a stump right now. More information will inevitably throw us into a reliable course."
[20:50] <Koaway> ---
[20:53] <Koaway> The Zen Zoku club is a bustling place even at this hour! Deep in the red light entertainment district of New Trizoku, a place of neon brilliance even in the afternoon. The entire building is black, sleek and stylish fromt he outside, discreet and yet wide open. There are goons at the front door - bouncers ,mostly nodding as people enter but also pushing a few aside rather rudely.
[20:57] * Karuma-chan is dressed to blend in with this sort of crowd, wearing a skimpy cocktail dress and nicely made up, giving her a somewhat different than normal appearance. She also has a blonde wig on, which probably helps with that, yellow curls cascading down to her shoulderblades. "You two ready?" she asks her fellow assassins as they approach the club.
[20:59] * Ana-chan nods, having dressed in much the same fashion - thanks in part to Karuma's assistance. "As ready as I will ever be, I suppose. I'll try to find a table in a corner once we're inside."
[21:02] * Chizuru nods silently to her comrade. Her fashion is less alluring than her usual when going for a night out - but black is the order of the evening, and the shorter heels make walking more pleasant, as well. "I am as ready as you'd expect."
[21:03] * Karuma-chan nods as she heads over to the entrance of the club, wordlessly deferring to Chizuru as they approach the door-goons.
[21:14] <Koaway> The door goons look the party over once, a curt nod from one of them. "Have fun inside, ladies."
[21:16] * Karuma-chan flashes the bouncer a brief smile before confidently striding inside.
[21:16] * Ana-chan gives the bouncers a smile as she slips inside the club, taking in the feel of the place as she gets an idea of her surroundings.
[21:17] * Chizuru smiles seductively to the bouncers and lets out a giggle as she enters the depths of the club.
[21:23] <Koaway> The club is lively! There's a bar, a huge dance floor, private booths, tables, speaks all over, colored lights. Very modern and very hip. Dizzying. Dancers about as well in corners - naked women, dancing on poles, half seen in little cul de sacs. There's tons of bustle and hustle here...
[21:24] * Karuma-chan looks faintly disgusted at the nudity on display, taking a moment to simply look around. The targets probably don't spend much time mingling, but you never know...
[21:25] <Koaway> You don't see them - but there are lots of subdoors with brawny men outside of them, people discreetly coming and going as well.
[21:25] * Ana-chan shudders a bit - the colored lights flashing every which way are doing strange things to her skin - nothing unbearable, but the constant shifting is going to take some getting used to. The dance floor isn't hard to locate due to the vibration in the floor, but where to go from here... that's the real question.
[21:29] <Koaway> "Hey, ladies!" The barkeep, a man in tight traditional barkeep suit and suspenders waves, muscular and with a black mustache. He looks the three over, "Do you women want a round on the house?"
[21:30] <Karuma-chan> "Let's look around," Karuma suggests quietly, before the bartender addresses them. Smiling at that, she wanders over, "Sure, I'll have a mineral water. What about you two?" she glances at her 'friends'.
[21:32] <Koaway> "Sure..." he looks all of you over, settling on Chizuru with a ready smile. "Here to have a good time?" he asks, as you can see looks being given your way, mostly by  males.
[21:32] <Ana-chan> "Of course!" Ana says with a smile, nodding to the bartender. "I'll have mineral water as well, thank you."
[21:33] <Koaway> "Madam," he asks, waiting for Chizuru's words are many of the starers go away for now, though a few are lingering, or perhaps working up courage?
[21:38] * Chizuru raises her eyes with a warm smile, placidly sitting down with her hands folded as if she enjoyed the attention. "Oh, good evening. I would like a bourbon drink, if you would be so kind..."
[21:41] <Koaway> The drinks are produced quickly, tiny bottles of water and a little glass of bourbon. They're all good brands, at least, taken out specially from under the counter as they're poured into fresh glasses.
[21:42] <Karuma-chan> "Nice way to greet new customers," Karuma notes as she accepts her glass, before raising to the bartender, "Cheers," she offers before drinking.
[21:43] <Koaway> The barkeep just smiles nicely, watching Karuma drink. "Cheers," he repeats, not partaking himself.
[21:43] * Ana-chan simply holds her glass for now, still adjusting to the noise and atmosphere in the bar - it's her first time being in a club like this, and it's definitely a bit of a shock to her system.
[21:43] * Chizuru raises her glass a little, nodding placidly in agreement with Karuma. "Cheers, my dear", sipping from her fine bourbon afterwards.
[21:45] <Koaway> OOC - Body check, Karuma, with the +2 from heightened awareness.
[21:45] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 target 10
[21:45] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 target 10 and gets 10." [2d8=3, 7]
[21:47] <Chizuru> roll 2d8
[21:47] * Hatbot --> "Chizuru rolls 2d8 and gets 7." [2d8=1, 6]
[21:48] <Koaway> Karuma notes the water has a strange sweet/bitter aftertaste to it.
[21:52] * Chizuru puts down the glass, and smiles weakly. Afterwards, she glances towards Ana and Karuma, as if she tried to get their attention.
[21:52] * Karuma-chan frowns after her sip, setting the glass down on the bar. That damn psychic... could he have predicted them coming here? Better to get out before whatever that stuff is hits her. "You know what, I don't think I'm in the mood for a good time after all, girls. Let's find someplace else," she suggests to her colleagues, already turning to leave.
[21:54] <Ana-chan> "Uh?" Ana says, caught a bit off guard. "If you're sure," she says, setting her own drink down on the bar untouched. Something must be up, although she hasn't noticed anything off yet.
[21:54] * Chizuru nods in agreement, now her face a bit stern. "Yes. We should go."
[21:54] <Koaway> "Aaah..." The barkeep quickly makes his face into a smile from a look of surprise, but bows. His hand strays under the coutner in the meantime...
[21:56] <Karuma-chan> Catching the movement, Karuma gives the bartender a somewhat sickly smile, telekinetically grabbing him and holding him in place, but not squeezing too hard... yet. "Another time," she promises as she departs, ready to defend herself if things go sour.
[21:56] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 for TK target 16
[21:56] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 for TK target 16 and gets 7." [2d8=4, 3]
[21:57] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 for ACV target 10
[21:57] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 for ACV target 10 and gets 7." [2d8=4, 3]
[21:58] <Koaway> The barkeep goes stone still, eyes the only thing moving - widening in alarm, but he doesn't say a word!
[21:59] * Ana-chan heads for the exit, aware that the barkeeper's gone unnaturally still but unaware of why.
[21:59] * Karuma-chan maintains her grip until she's out the door, striding away with faint urgency.
[22:00] <Koaway> The girls make it out, the late afternoon sun the only thing that greets them! They're out! The bouncers glance at you as you go, a moment of looking on...!
[22:00] * Chizuru quickly leaves in a swift hurry, following Ana's steps.
[22:02] <Karuma-chan> Leading the trio away from the club, Karuma keeps an eye out for pursuit. "There was something in those drinks," she whispers to the others. "Hopefully just a sip wasn't enough to do any damage, but no telling what it was."
[22:03] <Ana-chan> "Wonderful... so they knew we were coming," Ana shakes her head, also opening her ears for any sound of pursuit at the warning.
[22:04] <Koaway> As they pass by the bouncers, one reaches out. "Hey, excuse me," he says, "Wait a minute!" He goes for Anastasia, looking to grab her arm! OOC - React first.
[22:15] * Ana-chan moves forward quickly, trying to stay out of the goon's grip - best not to let the change take her QUITE yet, but she's not about to let this guy grab her, either.
[22:16] <Koaway> roll 2d6 ACV for him
[22:16] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 2d6 ACV for him and gets 5." [2d6=2, 3]
[22:16] <Koaway> OOC - You need DCV if you wanna stay ungrabbed.
[22:17] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 DCV and pray
[22:17] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 DCV and pray and gets 3." [2d8=1, 2]
[22:18] <Koaway> But Ana is too fast! The girls are able to make some haste away before the bodyguards can do much - they're not moving, so you  have a chance to flee if you wish!
[22:18] * Karuma-chan does just that, not wanting to stick around when the opposition is clearly too well informed!
[22:19] * Ana-chan follows Karuma with haste, not pausing to give them another chance at grab as she makes her escape!
[22:19] * Chizuru follows suit. Fleeing to see the next day sounds good!
[22:20] <Koaway> OOC - Make a body check for reference, Karuma.
[22:20] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 target 8
[22:20] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 target 8 and gets 5." [2d8=1, 4]
[22:20] <Koaway> OOC - 2 point bonu-oh, moo tanyway.
[22:20] <Koaway> So you  make it back to the car parked a block or so away! Freedom and safety!
[22:21] * Karuma-chan slips into the driver's seat. "Chizuru, take shotgun in case I abruptly collapse," she warns, starting the engine.
[22:21] <Chizuru> "Roger!", Chizuru agrees, sliding towards the front seat.
[22:22] * Ana-chan quickly hops into the backseat with no further ado, blowing out a sigh of exasperation. "This is suddenly looking far more difficult if they can predict our movements already."
[22:23] <Karuma-chan> "At least we know for sure that little brother's psychic powers aren't overstated," Karuma notes as she pulls out and starts to drive, keeping an eye on the mirror as she checks for pursuit and not having any destination plotted just yet.
[22:23] * Chizuru sighs heavily in exhasperation. "This doesn't look good."
[22:23] <Karuma-chan> "Might want to call Chisato and warn her," she adds.
[22:23] <Koaway> No pursuit, at least that you see.
[22:26] <Koaway> Karuma feels fine, at least for now. Thoguh that strange taste lingers in her mouth...
[22:26] * Ana-chan takes out her cell phone, quickly dialing Chisato's number as the two in front pay attention to the road and each other.
[22:27] <Karuma-chan> "So, you're an expert on poisons, I don't suppose that applies to cures as well?" Karuma hopefully asks the other woman in the front, starting to head out of Tokyo (not in the direction of Alexandria's mansion), but keeping off the main roads so they won't be going too fast if she suddenly keels over.
[22:28] * Chizuru glances at Karuma, smiling. "Of course. I can arrange an antidote fairly easily, as long as I have the proper tools. I was about to tell you that, actually."
[22:28] <Ana-chan> "Bad news," Ana says as Chisato answers. "They were aware of us almost from the moment we entered the club. You will want to be careful."
[22:29] <Karuma-chan> "Great. Where can we get those tools?" Karuma asks, still watching for pursuit (and checking the air as well as the road!) as she practices her defensive driving skills.
[22:30] <Koaway> The air and road are quite normal, relatively. Karuma still feels fine, even if her toes are starting to tingle a little bit.
[22:30] <Ana-chan> "Call if you run into any trouble, we're headed out of the city now," Ana says, snapping the phone closed.
[22:30] <Chizuru> "I have a lab at my house. I'll give you the directions to the place, and I'll handle things as soon as we get there."
[22:31] * Karuma-chan nods and starts driving according to Chizuru's directions, wriggling her toes slightly on the accelerator to try and banish the tingly sensation.
[22:31] <Ana-chan> "Are you feeling all right, Karuma-san?" Ana asks. "I think I'm lucky I didn't actually drink - that place was disorienting enough at first without that."
[22:33] <Karuma-chan> "I only had a sip, but I feel a little funny," Karuma admits. "No telling what it'd do if I'd gulped the whole thing down. What about you, Chizuru? You drank some of yours as well, right?"
[22:33] * Chizuru nods. "Yes, I did. But I've developed immunity to poisons in general. I'm fine."
[22:34] <Karuma-chan> "Lucky for some," Karuma snorts as she cautiously drives along.
[22:34] <Koaway> By the time you get to Chizuru's house(Feel free to describe, Chizi), Karuma's legs and arms tingle, half numb and her head a bit floaty. She can still move, a half hour or so passed since ingestion.
[22:35] <Karuma-chan> "Oh, thank God," Karuma sighs as she finally pulls over. "It's really starting to kick in, now - limbs are numb," she relays, struggling to unbuckle her seatbelt and open the door,
[22:36] * Ana-chan hurries out of the car, going to open the driver's door and help the partially-paralyzed Karuma out of the vehicle. "Easy, I can help."
[22:37] <Karuma-chan> "Thanks," Karuma sighs, slinging an arm over Anastasia's shoulder. "Really glad I didn't drink more..."
[22:37] * Chizuru leaves the car and nods to Ana-chan. "Just follow my lead, we should be there in no time."
[22:38] * Ana-chan follows Chizuru as best she can, taking most of Karuma's weight as she follows the poisons expert.
[22:39] * Chizuru leads the group into the doorways. It's a fairly lush environment: the building has a tint of granite and marble, the ways to stairs and elevators paved by a purple velvet carpet. Chizuru trades a couple of words with the attendant, and nods to the other girls as she heads to the elevator. "Come."
[22:39] <Koaway> Sadly Karuma barely can - she's just feeling lethargic and numb as she heads inside. Her midsections are starting to tingle, her eyelids, her chest...
[22:40] * Karuma-chan groans softly, leaning more and more on Anastasia as her body fails her. Should've brought the roof down on that stupid place if it's going to end like this...
[22:41] <Ana-chan> "Hang on, Karuma-san, we're nearly there," Ana says, shifting her grip on Karuma's other side as she tries her best to bear the weight of both.
[22:44] <Chizuru> As Chizuru enters the apartment, she nods to Anastasia and quickly heads to the lab. "We'd better hurry. Lay Karuma over the couch and keep an eye on her. I had a taste of the poison she took, so I can work on a serum right away", Chizuru says with a voice of clear command, running to the lab ASAP.
[22:44] <Koaway> OOC - Poisons check, Chizi. +2 bonus since this isn't a hard poison and you know exactly what it is.
[22:45] * Ana-chan nods, finally resorting to picking her ally up bodily and carrying her over to the sofa - it's just too hard to navigate while her balance is so badly thrown off.
[22:45] <Chizuru> roll 2d8
[22:45] * Hatbot --> "Chizuru rolls 2d8 and gets 6." [2d8=2, 4]
[22:45] <Koaway> Chiziru is able to throw together the antitoxin within about a minute. Not so hard, a simple 1-2 compound will be a rough by effective purge.
[22:45] * Karuma-chan is pretty much dead weight in Anastasia's arms, only barely conscious at this point.
[22:46] <Koaway> Once Anastasia puts Karuma down, her cell phone starts to ring.
[22:46] * Ana-chan straightens up, grimacing a bit as she opens the phone and answers. "Yes?"
[22:47] * Chizuru smirks as the results come out exactly as she expected. She comes with the compound poured in a glass, heading towards Karuma. "Here... don't worry, I'm certain this will work."
[22:48] * Karuma-chan tilts her head towards Chizuru, eyes struggling to stay open. Can't even muster the strength to prop herself up, now...
[22:48] * Ana-chan places a hand over the receiver. "I think she's already unconscious, Chizuru-san," the blonde informs her hostess.
[22:48] <Chisato> "Muscleboy and headcase showed up at the apartment after you called," Chisato informs Anastasia once she answers, driving carefully and easily. "I was preparing a launch in case headcase gave me a business opportunity, but he figured it out and they stalled my approach with goons. Seeing as they knew something was up, I just left."
[22:50] <Ana-chan> "Probably for the best without backup," Ana agrees. "Karuma was poisoned at the bar, we're currently at Chizuru's home to get an antitoxin."
[22:50] * Chizuru directs the glass to Karuma's mouth, keeping her head up with one hand and administering the solution with the other.
[22:51] <Koaway> As it pours down Karuma's throat, she quickly begins to feel better. Feeling return sin waves of chemical fire, the poison quickly being counteracted.
[22:51] * Chizuru then softly massages her throat so the serum goes smoothly down.
[22:51] <Chisato> "Alright, want me to meet you there or somewhere else?" Chisato asks, calming somewhat, but still feeling a touch of adrenaline.
[22:52] <Karuma-chan> While pretty far gone, reflexive muscle action in Karuma's throat still functions, allowing the liquid to be consumed. "Ooooh..." she moans, flexing her fingers as feeling returns. "Feeling better already," she mutters, slowly sitting up, and belatedly taking her wig off, using her fingers to ruffle her now free hair back into its usual arrangement.
[22:53] <Ana-chan> "Probably best to regroup at 'home' for now, I suspect we won't be here for long. Karuma is looking much better already." Ana replies, smiling ever so slightly at the rapid improvement.
[22:53] * Chizuru smirks to Karuma as she gets up. "Good to know I haven't lost my touch on non-lethal chemicals. Feeling good enough for the trip to Alexandria's manor?"
[22:54] <Karuma-chan> "Yeah," Karuma rises to her feet, "That did the trick alright... so what was that poison, anyway?"
[22:55] <Chisato> "Alright, see you there," Chisato nods, closing her phone and taking a different direction.
[22:56] <Chizuru> "A somewhat simplistic paralyzing serum. It's not lethal or anything, but it would've knocked you off for a few good hours", Chizuru remarks somewhat blankly. "Since we need all members lucid and clear for the time being, leaving it to linger would be impractical to say the least."
[22:58] * Karuma-chan sighs in relief. "Well, it's a relief to know I wasn't about to die like I thought I was," she notes unhappily. "Anyway, let's get going - we need to figure out how we're going to kill someone who can predict our every move."
[23:00] <Ana-chan> "Something I would like to know myself," Ana grumbles, shaking her head. "Although it seems he wasn't expecting Chisato immediately, so it may not be perfect."
[23:02] <Chizuru> "At least, this means we're not completely lost. For now, we retreat and ponder. We have a rather tough road in front of us", Chizuru remarks sternly as she bites her lips.
-------------
[20:49] <Koaway> It's well into the afternoon when Chisato gets to the apartment complex. It's a nice one, newish and highrising. The apartments on the 9th floor, the parking lot wrapping around the tall, white building. It's obviously fairly well off, a valet service and sercurity cameras about, many fine Japanese model cars parked.
[21:05] <Chisato> With cameras around, she hardly wants to get close. So Chisato finds a place to park a ways away. From there she heads into the alleyways of the city, jumping and climbing her way to the rooftops, trying to find a vantage point from which she can observe the complex and its entrance with her binocular vision, and maybe to modify her computer's receptors.
[21:13] <Koaway> All you find in the allies are a few rats and a passed out man, booze around him. Nothing abnormal, getting to the roofs in the fall sunshine. OOC - Sec, checking something.
[21:21] <Koaway> roll 2d8 learning curves suck
[21:21] <Reiko-chan> Koaway rolled : 2d8 learning curves suck --> [ 2d8=16 ]{16}
[21:22] <Koaway> Chisato reaches the nearest roof without incident, a wide place with a few access buildings and heating units giving cover. But she doesn't see anything around here besides her target aehad.
[21:25] * Chisato checks the roof for cameras and the like thoroughly, before settling in to watch the place under binocular vision.
[21:26] <Koaway> OOC - Go ahead and make a check on tech, Chisato.
[21:27] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 15
[21:27] <Reiko-chan> Chisato rolled : 2d8 target 15 --> [ 2d8=12 ]{12}
[21:28] <Koaway> There's two cameras - a really old one over one of the access doors, easily avoided and likely nothing to disable if Chisato wishes, and another. This one is semi hidden, a technological feat of a little mobile camera hidden by a heating machine. Whomever put this here put it to have a view of the target's apartment and anyone looking out over it.
[21:31] <Chisato> "..." Chisato raises an eyebrow. She avoids the vision field of both by instead sitting on top of the heating machine the new camera uses, observing her target from the same vantage.
[21:34] <Koaway> Oooh, this building ahead is marveously covered! It has an internal net of cameras, sensors and lasers! It's quite well integrated and secure, the entire place skillfully rigged up in defense. Lots of internal alarms, including redundant ones.
[21:41] * Chisato whistles softly to herself, letting her computer record all of it for later analysis as she just sits and waits. Stake outs were a game of patience, and one that Chisato was pretty used to...h, she should call Shiki and make sure he could pick up Azumi, too.
[21:41] <Chisato> *oh
[21:42] <Koaway> OOC - Let's wait a couple here since I need a little more to scroll by in #dunes if you're just holding tight.
[21:55] <Koaway> About ten minutes pass until a car parks and goes in. It's a single black suited goon type, heading inside to the apartment. He looks over his shoulder briefly, but shrugs and goes inside.
[21:56] * Chisato raises an eyebrow, but doesn't move. Instead she keeps watching, recording and scanning. Nothing interesting yet.
[22:02] <Koaway> OOC - Make a body check based on sight, so +8 bonus.
[22:02] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 16
[22:02] <Reiko-chan> Chisato rolled : 2d8 target 16 --> [ 2d8=8 ]{8}
[22:05] <Koaway> The electronics system shifts a little - oooh, this is interesting. Parts of it are slightly mobile, some of the laser banks and the like able to turn to face sensed movements. A few minutes later the same goon comes out, whistlinga nd not looking around at all as he goes back to his car now.
[22:09] <Chisato> That makes life certainly...interesting. Chisato zooms in on the goon's face, trying to get a good picture with her computer before he leaves, but sticking to her information gathering role otherwise.
[22:12] <Koaway> You get a picture! He's middle aged and craggy faced, easy enough to remember if you see hima gain.
[22:26] <Koaway> As Chisato waits, her cell phone rings.
[22:27] <Chisato> Chisato turns it on, hooked into her transformed headset. "Hello?"
[22:28] <Ana-chan> "Bad news," Ana says as Chisato answers. "They were aware of us almost from the moment we entered the club. You will want to be careful."
[22:29] <Chisato> "Alright...haven't noticed anything yet despite one goon, and a video camera I want to steal because it's just that new-age," Chisato snorts, tapping her jaw. "Anyway, thanks."
[22:30] <Ana-chan> "Call if you run into any trouble, we're headed out of the city now," Ana says, snapping the phone closed.
[22:30] <Chisato> "Right, I'll keep an eye out," Chisato agrees, letting the line go and keeping her observation, now checking around herself every so often.
[22:31] <Koaway> The avoided camera keeps on going, as soon another black car pulls up. It's black and sleek, very nicely made. It stops in the parking lot, not moving.
[22:32] * Chisato turns on the whole slewof imaging and sensors she uses to bypass funny things like walls and tinted glass, trying to look inside the car.
[22:33] <Chisato> *slew of
[22:34] <Koaway> Inside are your targets! Yoshiro gets out confidently, his brother behind him. He smirks as he stretches, heading to the house. He's on his own cell phone, talking - and his face is starting to darken.
[22:35] <Koaway> A few goons are still inside, two fo them coming out after. They look about, but turn to their boss as he slams shut his cell, glowering. He says something to them, sharp and nasty.
[22:36] * Chisato starts charging up her anti-matter accelerator. She doesn't know if she has the time for the shot, or if she should take it, but she can at least prep it to go...
[22:36] <Koaway> roll 2d8
[22:36] <Reiko-chan> Koaway rolled : 2d8 --> [ 2d8=5 ]{5}
[22:38] <Koaway> There's a sudden stop as the brother blinks, shaking his head! Ukio says something weakly, his brother taking his hand as he looks about, vaguely in your direction! The two goons interpose themselves  in front of them, as they quickly begin to manover! The big two are falling back to the building, making more distance as thet wo goons stay annoyingly in your line of sight! They take out handguns, looking at the rooftops in your direction!
[22:42] * Chisato tsks, dropping back behind the unit and away from the view of both cameras. Instead she moves towards the back of the building, to make her escape. If they know her direction, they could get snipers up on that apartment complex...and life would lose its appeal very quickly.
[22:42] <Koaway> OOC - Roof hopping?
[22:42] <Chisato> OOC - Hopping my way down to the ground.
[22:44] <Koaway> Chisato does this, making good her escape, at least for now! She's down and away, no pursuit seeming to come!
[22:44] <Chisato> Letting go of her technology and armor, she takes a roundabout way back to her car, getting in like she just finished a shopping trip, and driving off before calling Anastasia.
[22:45] <Koaway> OOC - I'll ring Ana in a moment in #dunes.
[22:46] * Ana-chan straightens up, grimacing a bit as she opens the phone and answers. "Yes?"
[22:48] <Ana-chan> A muffled "I think she's already unconscious, Chizuru-san," comes through the receiver a moment later.
-----------
[18:48] <Kotono> It's evening when the group returns to Alexandria's mansion. You find her in the library, eating small snack cakes and drinking tea, lookingo ut at the last embers of sunset as she reads a book. Compared to the danger you were just through, this is a scene of relative serenity. "Well?" she asks as the treesome climbs up the stairs.
[18:49] * Ana-chan flops down in the nearest chair with a sigh. "They knew we were up to something before we even got inside," the blonde says, sounding disgusted.
[18:49] <Karuma-chan> "We confirmed Ukio's precognitive powers aren't overstated," Karuma replies dryly, not having had time to get changed out of her cocktail dress. "But they overplayed their own hand."
[18:53] <Kotono> "Go on," Alexandria says bluntly, awtching the rebuffed assassins as they file in.
[18:55] * Chizuru nods to Karuma, quickly glancing back to Lady Alexandria. "The result of the night was a poisoned Karuma and a hasty retreat from the club for the three of us. However, the results may have not been completely negative..."
[18:56] <Karuma-chan> "By acting hastily, they proved that Ukio's powers let him identify us long before we ever arrived, but at the same time, they showed a rather telling lack of foresight in their actual plan for capturing us, considering how transparent and easily evaded it was," Karuma supplies.
[18:58] <Chizuru> "And it also means that they can only go so far with the predictions. The way everything was handled... I would say, shows some desperation from Ukio's. And the more desperate he is, the less precise his predictions will turn out, if logic serves us right."
[18:59] <Ana-chan> "Also, it is clear that his foresight is far from perfectly accurate, or poison wouldn't have been used against Chizuru-san," Ana adds, frowning slightly.
[19:00] <Kotono> "So he's inprecise - a poisoning plan with you around, no less?" Alexandria chuckles as she speaks to Chizuru.
[19:03] <Chizuru> "Indeed, my lady", Chizuru snerks. "They seem to be able to predict the danger, but less than capable of pinpointing the very exact measures of what can we do. The poison they used wasn't even fatal."
[19:03] <Ana-chan> "I should apologize to Karuma-san as well," Ana says, shaking her head a bit. "I was actually given the first clue before we ever even entered the club - if I'd been paying more attention I might have been able to prevent her from being poisoned at all."
[19:04] <Karuma-chan> "Hm?" Karuma looks at Ana with half-lidded eyes. Admittedly, it doesn't really excuse her own lapse, but still...
[19:05] <Ana-chan> "The door-guard," Ana explains. "I was never asked to prove my age, and I'm quite aware that I barely look old enough to go into such a club. That should have been a warning sign from the beginning."
[19:06] <Kotono> "Mmm," Alexandria considers, watching the girls by staying silent, very silent.
[19:06] * Karuma-chan opens her mouth for a moment, before considering and then nodding. "Good point."
[19:07] * Chizuru sighs with a smile of boredom and resignance, crossing her arms. "Quite frankly, I think this mistake can be attributed to all of us. Were we any brighter, we'd all realize something was wrong from that alone. Nevertheless, it's pointless to dwell in this now."
[19:08] <Ana-chan> "At least we know now that we are not unknown to them. It does make things a bit harder, but at least we don't need to worry about concealing who we are and what we're after from this point forward."
[19:10] <Kotono> "If he can see imperfectly, then make it so what he sees is not what your true purpose is," Alexandria proposes, quietly looking out the window.
[19:10] <Chizuru> "We can bring nastier guns to this game, yes. And, hey, we do have at least an idea of what to do to cause a backfire on psycho-boy's trump card. We could be worse off, truth be told."
[19:10] <Karuma-chan> "Exactly - they've given us enough to be more cautious next time, yet failed to deliver on the advantage of surprise while they held it," Karuma nods confidently.
[19:12] <Ana-chan> "Mmm... making use of misdirection, then?" Ana taps her chin at that. "Definitely a worthwhile idea, although the distraction should be large enough to catch his attention - unfortunately we have no way of knowing how he sees what he does and why."
[19:13] * Chizuru considers, caressing her left cheek as she sits down. "However, we do know it seems rather twitch-like. The boy is most likely very sensitive to anything that may pose an actual threat to him. By multiplying the possible threats, that could very well cause him to go haywire."
[19:15] <Ana-chan> "Chisato noted that he can see reactively, but the setup at the club was definitely not a reaction to us - that was in place well before we arrived. It doesn't seem to be solely a reaction to immediate threats."
[19:16] <Karuma-chan> "Perhaps he can't control it too well?" Karuma posits. "He predicted us being at the club in advance, but he didn't predict Chisato at his home until it was almost too late?"
[19:19] <Ana-chan> "Quite possible," Ana nods. "In that case, providing a great number of possible routes of attack would be beneficial - even if he doesn't 'go haywire' from picking them all up, he may miss one or more until it's too late."
[19:20] <Karuma-chan> "Or more simply, may not be able to realistically come up with countermeasures to all of them, even if he does see them," Karuma nods. "If you're in the middle of the ocean without a boat, being able to predict that you'll drown doesn't exactly help."
[19:20] <Kotono> "Correct..." Alexandria murmurs, looking out the window as she speaks. She sips tea, somehow removed from things for the moment.
[19:22] <Chizuru> "That's another good possibility. And I have the nagging feeling that, if we handle psycho-boy, the older brother will be an easy picking comparatively."
[19:23] <Ana-chan> "Then the question becomes 'how do we give him as many possible threats to try to avoid as possible?'" Ana smirks a bit at that. "And they really do only need to be possible threats - with his imperfect ability, it doesn't need to do more than LOOK like a threat."
[19:25] <Karuma-chan> "I could arrange several different accidents," Karuma hums thoughtfully. "Question is, what will he predict as the threat? The three different possible accidents, or the one person behind all of them?"
[19:27] <Chizuru> "In that case, we need multiple warm bodies to serve as a threat. One single person wanting him dead won't cause misdirection. Now... say, six or seven hitmen longing for a bullet right through his head. And maybe even the possible accidents. That could add up..."
[19:29] <Ana-chan> "Not necessarily," Ana shakes her head. "If he sees only you as the threat and not the accidents themselves? He could very easily fall prey to one of those accidents. Even if you set up multiple possibilities yourself, he would still need to react to each of those possibilities."
[19:30] <Ana-chan> "Which... actually brings an intriguing idea, now that I think about it," Ana says, smiling slightly. "What about using these types of things to drive him along a preset course of actions? How to conceal the end of that course, or what that end should be, would probably need to be determined, but if we can force him to react to us... why not?"
[19:32] * Chizuru smiles. "My, that's an interesting train of thought. And delightfully ironic as well. Do you have anything in mind for such a chain reaction?"
[19:32] <Karuma-chan> "Better for them to be reacting to us than the other way around," Karuma nods, thinking it over.
[19:34] <Ana-chan> "Karuma-san's ability to arrange 'accidents' brought he idea," Ana says, nodding slightly. "The basic thought I had was simple enough - using a series of transparently arranged 'accidents' to have them take a certain route by car, for example. The idea could be much more involved in the final execution, but the basic principle is the same."
[19:36] * Chizuru nods. "That would bring them exactly where we want, and how we want to boot. Each attempt would disrupt the boy's focus as well, making him less and less likely to put up a significant struggle if it comes to such terms as well."
[19:37] <Karuma-chan> "The principle is sound," Karuma nods. "We merely need to work out the best execution, now," she smiles viciously at her unintentional pun.
[19:38] * Ana-chan grins wolfishly. "Agreed - and it need not be only Karuma-san's work as well. As before, the more we can throw at them to direct them as we choose, the better - best if we all make some contribution to that end."
[19:39] <Kotono> Turning back, Alexandria smiles slowly. "I'm glad to observe that your brains are as sharp as your murderous instincts."
[19:40] * Chizuru snerks surreptitiously. "Instinct alone can't take us very far in this job, Lady Alexandria. Thinking is integral part of our job."
[19:42] <Kotono> "Good. Psychics are only as good as what their brains and intellect can comprehend from what they see. Even in the strongest isn't so strong if the mental filter is poor." So she continues to look out into the night, distant.
[19:43] * Ana-chan shakes her head ruefully. "Even if the execution of our little reconnaissance trip was lacking, at least we've gained valuable information from it nonetheless."
[19:44] <Karuma-chan> "Exactly," Karuma smiles darkly. "We might not have learned what we set out to, but they certainly gifted us with enough information to arrange their demise."
[19:46] <Chizuru> "Most important, they gave us something vital that, otherwise, we might not have harnessed. Due to last night's...", Chizuru scoffs, "... incident, now we know not to underestimate - but, particularly, not to overestimate what they can do."
[19:48] <Ana-chan> "So... we move then to the specifics," Ana says thoughtfully. "What course of action do we want to drive our psychic friend towards? The car route is a simple idea, but it doesn't need to be limited merely to their travel plans."
[19:51] <Chizuru> "The idea also has its backfiring possibilities. What if we lead Ukio to such a desperate state he won't go anywhere -at all-?"
[19:53] <Ana-chan> "I suspect that they currently underestimate us," Ana says with a small smile. "Our... inattentiveness may have worked to our advantage on another level."
[19:55] <Karuma-chan> "I'm... less sure about that," Karuma admits, blushing a little. "We still detected the trap before they could do anything, and I did exercise some of my power on the bartender to ensure he didn't prevent our departure."
[19:56] * Chizuru nods. "It's a point. On the other hand, it's still only four women against a full syndicate force. They may underestimate us no matter what."
[19:56] <Ana-chan> "Perhaps less so now, but it's clear that before we went, they certainly saw us as no real threat," Ana allows. "If we were considered to be a serious threat, I would expect a lethal poison, and more strenuous measures to prevent us from leaving. It is possible that they will be more wary now, but..."
[20:00] <Chizuru> "Regardless, there's only so much they can really do. While we can expect increased measures from their sides, we will just react accordingly."
[20:01] <Ana-chan> "That's just it, though - we need to stop reacting to them and force them to play by our rules," Ana shakes her head.
[20:02] * Chizuru nods. "Preparation is key, in this case. It's a pity Chisato isn't here, she could provide us some useful feedback."
[20:02] <Karuma-chan> "Yes, she did see exactly how they reacted when they detected her presence earlier... perhaps we should wait for her input before considering specific measures?" Karuma suggests.
[20:04] <Chizuru> "That would be ideal", Chizuru calmly agrees.
[20:04] * Ana-chan thinks for a few minutes. "Certainly worthwhile," Anastasia agrees. "My only real thought for the moment is to use somewhat... simple measures to direct their course. If we can reinforce that idea that we are nothing they need to concern themselves with..." Ana smiles. "It's something of a surprise when the cute and innocent turn out to be deadly, or so I'm told."
[20:07] * Chizuru smirks sagaciously to Ana-chan. "Says the voice of empyric reason, I'm sure."
[20:15] <Kotono> "So what is the plan," Alexandria inquires, amused.
[18:41] <Kokokokoko> So the party rests and recovers. Soon that evening Chisato arrives in the library, a planning and talking session about to begin!
[18:44] <Kokokokoko> Alexandria looks to each assassin, carefully taking long sips from her elegant tea cup. "So, now what are you going to do," she asks, bland.
[18:48] <Karuma-chan> "In essence, we need to arrange a series of credible threats to their persons," Karuma summarises thoughtfully, "Such that we can maneuvre them to a place outside their usual sphere of influence - and if at all possible, to seperate them - before we make one of the threats a terminal one."
[18:52] <Ana-chan> "Probably it would be wise to have most of the minor threats we create give some sort of advantage if missed - it seems that Ukio isn't completely perfect in what he sees, so if he misses something we should be able to capitalize on it as well."
[18:53] <Chizuru> "Basically, we're going to try and revert the situation we were put in by using Ukio's own foresight to our advantage. Reverse puppeteering, if you will."
[18:56] * Chisato smiles lightly, just folding her hands over her knees. Her companions seem to have the idea down.
[18:57] <Kokokokoko> "Well then, what is the meat of your masterstroke?" Finishing her tea, Alexandria looks on to each of them. "Your logic is sound, but how will the...execution go?"
[18:58] <Ana-chan> "That will be what we need to determine," Ana says, a thoughtful look on her face. "Most likely changing their movement plans wouild be the easiest method of attack, but how is the question.
[18:59] <Ana-chan> "
[19:00] * Chizuru folds her hands, considering for a minute. "It'd be ideal if we had them under control from the beginning. If our threats are the reason they drive to begin with, the maneuvering would certainly be easier."
[19:02] <Karuma-chan> "Unfortunately our surveillance was cut off before we could determine their routine... Hmmm," Karuma looks thoughtful at Chizuru's suggestion, "Perhaps a bomb?" she hazards, glancing at Chisato.
[19:03] * Chisato hrms, s hrugging. "We could, but mnaking it credible could be more difficult. Their apartment security systems...the entire building is cloaked in moving and redundant alarms, laser motion sensors, and cameras..."
[19:06] <Ana-chan> "If we can't flush them out we would need to prepare our measures after they've started moving, which would be much harder," Ana says with a frown. "Obviously they will leave at some point, but if we lay our traps before they leave, they may just stay where they are."
[19:08] <Chizuru> "Although... hmmm. What if they laid the traps in such a pattern that would lead them to the place we want them to be?"
[19:11] <Ana-chan> "That's the general idea," Ana says dryly. "But if there are too many traps waiting for them, they may simply decide that staying where they are is a wiser plan of action, which gets us nowhere unless we intend to destroy their apartment building."
[19:11] <Chisato> "Well...I might be able to collapse it, but the level of noise that would make..." Chisato winces visibly, shaking her head.
[19:12] <Karuma-chan> "Speaking of traps, what are we going to use?" Karuma asks. "I can do a lot, but I can only be in one place at a time. Are we going to position radio detonated bombs by the road along the routes we want to turn them away from or any other ideas?"
[19:13] <Ana-chan> "That would most likely work, and would perpetuate the idea that we are less skilled than we truly are. The only catch is that we need to arrive at wherever we intend to drive them around the same time they do, so Ukio doesn't have a chance to spot danger waiting for him before the right time."
[19:15] <Chizuru> "We may want to split up for this as well, but that's stating the obvious."
[19:16] <Chisato> "Or..." Chisato frowns. "He knew you were going to go to the bar...he may know we're going to go to wherever he heads...so maybe we want to leave two routs open?"
[19:17] <Chisato> "Or more, and just keep track of where they're going..."
[19:17] <Karuma-chan> "Well, if it's a choice of walking into the trap of facing us, or walking into the trap of getting blown up by a bomb or crashing off an overpass, I don't think it matters what they choose," Karuma posits, smiling darkly. "We simply need to get them moving into our gauntlet, first."
[19:19] <Ana-chan> "Exactly. As long as the threats themselves are credible enough to avoid - and we can at least TRY to use them if they miss one - we're giving them their choice of routes. And if we can get them to underestimate us further, then we may well appear to be the least risky option to take - a mistake which should prove fatal." Ana smiles slightly at that.
[19:21] <Karuma-chan> "So... given all of that, where should we try and direct them to for their hopefully grisly end? It would need to be somewhere where official or yakuza interference - except perhaps rival yakuza, that is - is unlikely."
[19:22] <Kokokokoko> "I can help you a little bit there," Alexandria speaks up, having been listening.
[19:23] * Chizuru raises an eyebrow. "Hm. You have an appropriate location idea for us?"
[19:26] <Kokokokoko> "Indeed. IT's about two miles away - the lot of a rival boss. The perfect place for...extermination." Alexandria smiles, "I have a map if you wish to see."
[19:27] * Karuma-chan smiles. "That would also serve to perhaps mislead their own superiors as to those responsible, yes," she enthuses.
[19:27] * Chizuru smiles maliciously. "How shockingly convenient. We'd be delighted if you showed us."
[19:29] <Kokokokoko> "Just a moment..." Alexandria rises, as her servant climbs the stares. He wordlessly passes over a rolled up map, bowing once. Yet this time he lingers, staying behind Alexandria's chair and watching.
[19:30] * Chizuru picks up the map and unfolds it, nodding to the servant, and then the other girls. "Okay... let's see."
[19:30] * Ana-chan sits back - reading the map is all well and good, but doing so isn't going to help her much.
[19:47] * Karuma-chan points out some spots on the map. "Bombs here - I can wait at that crossroads with someone else to arrange an accident there if they go the 'wrong' way, and then follow them towards the destination where the other two wait, where we can finish them off?" she suggests.
[19:54] <Chisato> "Sure, works," Chisato agrees softly, nodding. "It'll take a day or two to build those bombs, but...yeah, works."
[19:57] <Karuma-chan> "Need to hide them well, but they need to be powerful enough to destroy anything on the road when they blow - that do-able?" Karuma asks their armaments expert.
[19:59] <Chisato> "Oh, sure," Chisato nods, shrugging. "That just changes the amount of explosives."

Ebiris

[20:03] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Okay, who is doing what prep?
[20:05] <Karuma-chan> OOC: Chisatos's making the bombs. I'm willing to help with placement (should probably be done early in the morning on the day we do this).
[20:06] <Ana-chan> OOC - I would help pretty much as an extra pair of hands where needed - not much use at helping to set the bombs, sadly.
[20:07] <Chizuru> OOC - I could help setting up the bombs as well, if there's nothing wrong with that. But otherwise, nothing specific.
[20:08] <Kokokokoko> OOOC: Okay. First of all, make a check on...lemme get you to make a check on demolitions for the bombs, Chi. Sec
[20:15] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Chisato?
[20:17] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 12
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 target 12 and gets 6." [2d8=5, 1]
[20:18] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Okay,the bombs are fine and well set up. They're gonna go boom as expected. Okay, so you're all now gonna set them up? Where exactly relative to the roads are they going to be placed, how big are they, ect?
[20:19] <Karuma-chan> OOC: Depends on the situation - basically they'll be hidden where possible, like in bins, under signs, whatever fits best in the area. Dunno how big they are or technical things like that.
[20:20] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Okay. How big a rough blast radius are we talking about, Chisato?
[20:23] <Chisato> OOC - Oh...hmmm. Probably big enough to wreck cars in about a 50 foot diameter. These kinds of things aren't real exact without knowing exactly where they are at each one.
[20:24] <Chisato> OOC - Unless we want to add cameras to try and target/time them.
[20:24] <Chisato> OOC - Then we could use a whole different kind of charge.
[20:24] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Okay.
[20:25] <Kokokokoko> OOC - I assume you're going to use normal stealth for bomb setup and the like?
[20:28] <Karuma-chan> OOC: I'll disguise myself as a publics work person (reflective orange jacket and all that)!
[20:29] <Chisato> OOC - 'Normal stealth-?
[20:29] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Basically trying not to be obvious, normal disguise measures, that sorta stuff.
[20:29] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Like what Karuma said there.
[20:29] <Chisato> OOC - Mhm.
[20:29] <Kokokokoko> roll 2d8
[20:29] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokoko rolls 2d8 and gets 9." [2d8=7, 2]
[20:30] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Okay, setup goes without incident. What's your plan - force him out or wait for something or...?
[20:31] <Karuma-chan> OOC: Antimatter shot!
[20:32] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Okay, you girls 1. Link me to the final map in #mk. 2. Go ahead and set yourselves up adn we'll work from there, since the cards are all in your hands reactively right now.
[20:51] <Kokokokoko> It's another rainy November day when midmorning comes. The rush hour is past as the teams prepare. While Anastasia and Karuma wait about a mile away, Chisato is near the building and Chizuru awaits on a roof, sniper rifle ready!
[20:52] * Karuma-chan waits just off the side road, on her bike and dressed in her leathers, taking inventory of the surroundings for anything that could be used in an 'accident'.
[20:54] <Kokokokoko> The rain continues it's pitterpattering fall, all sorts of Japanese cars going by. Nearly the only car type left these days, 'cept for a few things produces in Russia and South America. Just smooth, sleek cars that slice through the air and roads.
[20:56] * Karuma-chan keeps an eye out for the car belonging to their targets as well, having memorised it while passing the apartment complex on her bomb planting rounds.
[20:57] * Ana-chan clings to Karuma's back on the motorcycle, not yet changed - if Ukio spots the two of them, she'd like to be as unassuming as possible, at least at first - and the change itself takes mere seconds in any case.
[20:57] * Chisato just spins the anti-matter in her backpack, idly picking targets like their bedroom windows, the bathroom, that sort of thing.
[20:58] <Kokokokoko> roll 2d8
[20:58] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokoko rolls 2d8 and gets 10." [2d8=2, 8]
[20:58] * Chizuru watches the unmemorable movement of daily Neo Tokyo under the rain. Despite the general boredom, she really doesn't have much else to do, really.
[20:59] <Kokokokoko> Soon enough motion begins! From the building they come - Both brothers and two goons, quickly heading to a car! They're making good time in there, too!
[20:59] <Kokokokoko> OOC - Gah.
[20:59] <Kokokokoko> Soon enough motion begins! From the building they come - Both brothers and two goons, quickly heading to a car! They're making good time in there, too! The egghead is holding his head, looking around and grimacing.
[21:01] * Chisato radios in that the targets are on the move, keeping her targeting on the building, for now, but watching which direction they head.
[21:02] <Kokokokoko> roll 2d8
[21:02] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokoko rolls 2d8 and gets 15." [2d8=7, 8]
[21:02] <Kokokokoko> As they get out the younger brother slumps against the car! He makes motions of his head hurting a bit, but his brother just harshly slaps him on the back, getting him into the car! The goons get in the front seats, brothers in the back! Off they go, starting to east as predicted!
[21:11] * Chisato radios in their movements, telling Chizuru to take her position covering the apartment complex, and then begins roofhopping to accompany the car, keeping an eye on it.
[21:11] <Kokokokoko> roll 2d8+2
[21:11] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokoko rolls 2d8+2 and gets 8." [2d8=3, 3]
[21:12] * Chizuru nods and takes her position in the plan, in order to keep an eye on the movement. The game begins to thicken...
[19:19] <Kotono> So the car passes the third bomb! It keeps going south, getting closer to Anastasia and Karuma! Down the street it races, weaving between other cars in a fast, rapid hurry! They're making good time, as...
[19:19] <Kotono> roll 2d8+2
[19:19] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8+2 and gets 8." [2d8=3, 3]
[19:20] <Kotono> They keep going south, passing the fourth bomb and making the eastern turn at the bottom street! So Chisato can see them go right on route, soon to pass by Anastasia and Karuma!
[19:24] * Hotaru keeps her comrades up to date on the location, hopping along and just observing as things go. Not much else to do, just to keep following them...
[19:24] * Chisato keeps her comrades up to date on the location, hopping along and just observing as things go. Not much else to do, just to keep following them...
[19:34] <Karuma-chan> "Got it," Karuma responds softly, features obscured by her helmet as she scans the road for their quarry.
[19:35] * Ana-chan tightens her grip around Karuma's waist at the news, taking a deep breath - riding like this is definitely a new experience, but there's no time to be worried about it now. "Ready whenever you are, Karuma-san."
[19:36] <Kotono> roll 2d8+2
[19:36] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8+2 and gets 15." [2d8=5, 8]
[19:39] <Kotono> This time the car zooms along the souther street, but with a sharp turn, nearly goes on two wheels...and heads straight towards Anastasia and Chisato! The car is peeling rubber down the street, in a fratic, nearly 100 MPH hustle!
[19:41] <Kotono> *Karuma
[19:44] <Karuma-chan> "Oh, you poor fools..." Karuma smiles viciously. "Ready the detonation, Miss Chisato." If the impact doesn't get them, the bomb will... Focusing intently on the car as it passes, she takes a moment to ensure her aim is correct, she attempts to grab the vehicle, lifting and flipping it to hurl it down the street, roof-first at the building next to Chisato's bomb.
[19:44] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 target 16 for TK to work
[19:44] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 target 16 for TK to work and gets 8." [2d8=2, 6]
[19:44] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 target 12 ACV
[19:44] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 target 12 ACV and gets 12." [2d8=5, 7]
[19:45] <Chisato> Chisato yelps a little, but pulls up the whole bomb menu with a thought, selecting the one they're about to land on, ready to detonate as soon as they hit the ground. "Okay..."
[19:46] <Kotono> roll 2d8+4
[19:46] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8+4 and gets 16." [2d8=8, 4]
[19:46] <Kotono> The car has great momentum as it is - it's not difficult for Chisato to pick it up and send it flying down the street! It goes like a javelin towards the bomb, ready to meet it's fiery impact!
[19:47] <Kotono> *KARUMA
[19:48] <Chisato> As soon as it does land? Click. Chisato detonates the bomb with a thought and a smirk, her perfectly built, programmed, and constructed explosive going off just so, yes?
[19:48] <Kotono> OOC - What's the damage outpu ton this, first off?
[19:49] <Kotono> OOC - Just ballpark is fine since this is a lot of eyeballing.
[19:50] <Kotono> roll 2d8+8
[19:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8+8 and gets 20." [2d8=4, 8]
[19:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8+8 and gets 15." [2d8=2, 5]
[19:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8+8 and gets 21." [2d8=7, 6]
[19:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8+8 and gets 14." [2d8=5, 1]
[19:51] <Kotono> The explosion sends wind whipping and debris falling! The street of Neo Tokyo is now a blastland! Where the car impacted is only a shell and crater, buildings blasted and cars ruined! It's smoky and rubbly, impossible to see into!
[19:52] * Karuma-chan watches from the distance, seemingly just another shocked bystander, but ready to do further damage if anyone happens to walk out of there...
[19:52] <Chisato> This is thankfully, what Chisato's specialised optics are for. Observing still from a convenient rooftop, she looks down and into the wreckage of her making, piercing the haze with a myriad of sensors to see what all is within.
[19:53] <Kotono> OOC - Body chec on vision in this case, Chisato.
[19:53] * Ana-chan jumps off the motorcycle, ducking briefly into an alley to transform before slipping out and heading towards the scene of the explosion. Hopefully she'll just be another rubbernecker, even if an oddly dressed one.
[19:53] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 16
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 target 16 and gets 14." [2d8=7, 7]
[19:54] <Kotono> As Anastasia runs, Chisato can see it! The car is broken apart, a man jumping out! Meathead lands, bleeding badly but clearly alive! He coughs, disoriented and looking around, on one knee!
[19:54] <Kotono> OOC - Let's go into initiative here, I think.
[19:54] <Cruel_Angel> roll 2d8+15
[19:54] * Hatbot --> "Cruel_Angel rolls 2d8+15 and gets 23." [2d8=2, 6]
[19:54] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8+10
[19:55] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8+10 and gets 18." [2d8=2, 6]
[19:55] <Kotono> OOC - Chisato's viewing/about to react, Ana's running, and Karuma's holding back a bit/waiting.
[19:55] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[19:55] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 7." [2d8=1, 6]
[19:56] <Chisato> roll 2d8+9
[19:56] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8+9 and gets 21." [2d8=6, 6]
[19:56] <Kotono> OOC - Baddie>Cruel Angel>Chisato>Karuma
[19:57] <Kotono> Meathead looks about, holding his action as he gets his stuff together! Anastasia isn't bothered by the smoke at all, but it's clear that the ruined ground and messy situation is going to make attacking a hair harder! (1 point penanty on ACV for Ana, 3 points for anyone else who uses vision.)
[19:57] <Chisato> "Anastasia? Hold back, I'm going to shoot him with my cannon if I can...and you don't want to be in the blast zone," Chisato informs her comrade quickly, hoping for a lack of friendly fire.
[19:58] <Cruel_Angel> "Acknowledged," Ana says shortly, her footsteps slowing slightly.
[19:59] <Kotono> OOC - Ana's holding back? Chisato's up, then.
[20:01] <Chisato> Having already spun the reactor up to power, Chisato pulls the cannon over her shoulder, gleaming barrel crackling with all the required energy to extend her deadly reach out across kilometers, though here only used across a few dozen meters.
[20:01] <Chisato> Heat and radiation dissipating fins spring out behind her, some digging into the ground and setting her as she settles the crosshairs on her target, and unleashes the blast of anti-matter barely contained in its magnetic shell!
[20:01] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 14 ACV
[20:01] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 target 14 ACV and gets 16." [2d8=8, 8]
[20:03] <Kotono> But the attack sails above, Chisato's aim disrupted! It makes a lovely nova in the sky, the force helping the dust and dirt clear in the air! As it does you can see him much more easily! (Modi s down to 1 point, and that's only if you're walking in the nasty, ruined ground to attack.)! (More)
[20:03] <Kotono> roll 2d8 observation check for him
[20:03] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 observation check for him and gets 9." [2d8=7, 2]
[20:04] <Kotono> With a chance to see, the wounded Yakuza boss roars! "You...He told me about you!" He screams, "All of you are just...inferior beings!" So he calls, leaping to the air! A twisting lion's face of chi comes from his body, lunging at Chisato!
[20:04] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:04] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 4." [2d8=2, 2]
[20:05] <Kotono> OOC - DCV, Chi.
[20:05] <Chisato> roll 2d6 target 7
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d6 target 7 and gets 7." [2d6=2, 5]
[20:06] <Kotono> OOC - New initiative is now Cruel Angel>Chisato>Baddie>Karuma, starting next round. Karuma is up after this description.
[20:06] <Kotono> Chisato has to act unwomaly to evade! An outright dive to the side, pressing to the pavement! There are only a few spectators that aren't dead or stunned, and the blast misses those few! Instead it tears into the pavement, water, steam and sewage spewing out in a geyser! The tear goes at least fourty feet in, a gigantic mouth bite where Chisato was! OOC - Karuma
[20:07] <Kotono> OOC - Tentatively that, unless Anastasia decides to act.
[20:07] <Karuma-chan> OOC: I think Ana wants to take her action, now
[20:07] <Kotono> OOC - Go for it.
[20:08] * Cruel_Angel hears the shooting go awry, setting her face in a grimace as she rushes towards her target. Just as she reaches the thug, she draws two knives from hidden sheaths on her long boots, an aura of light springing into existence around the blades as she drives them home!
[20:08] <Cruel_Angel> roll 2d8 ACV target 11
[20:08] * Hatbot --> "Cruel_Angel rolls 2d8 ACV target 11 and gets 10." [2d8=7, 3]
[20:09] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 13." [2d8=8, 5]
[20:09] <Kotono> OOC - Damage.
[20:10] <Cruel_Angel> roll 2d8 damage
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Cruel_Angel rolls 2d8 damage and gets 9." [2d8=6, 3]
[20:11] <Kotono> The twin knives tear into him! He stumbles back, chest pierced and bleeding out! His clothing is ruined, eyes unfocused, "Bit...bitch..." he says, staggered! OOC - Karuma.
[20:12] <Kotono> OOC - New initiative is now Chisato>Baddie>Ana>Karuma, assuming he survives Karuma's turn here.
[20:12] <Karuma-chan> Quite far removed from the action, Karuma still throws in her assistance from astride her idling motorcycle, mentally focusing on their foe to crush his overdeveloped form with the power of her mind.
[20:12] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 target 12 (full attacking)
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 target 12 (full attacking) and gets 9." [2d8=3, 6]
[20:12] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 for damage
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 for damage and gets 7." [2d8=6, 1]
[20:13] <Kotono> Grabbed up, Meathead is tossed up and down! This final crushing blow is enough, his body impacting hard on the ground! The crack of bone and body is heavy, the side of his head leaking red blood and pink/gray goop!
[20:14] <Kotono> roll 8d8+8
[20:14] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 8d8+8 and gets 41." [8d8=3, 1, 8, 1, 7, 1, 5, 7]
[20:15] <Kotono> roll 41d2
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 41d2 and gets 63."]
[20:16] <Chisato> "Ready to get out of here?" Chisato asks, quick and nervous, and not leaving her half ruined perch just yet.
[20:17] * Cruel_Angel makes a face, hopping back from the corpse quickly to avoid getting splattered herself. A quick shake of her knives dispenses with most of the blood still left on them, the weapons sheathed a moment later. "Immediately, if not sooner," she confirms, heading back to rejoin Karuma at her motorcycle.
[20:17] <Karuma-chan> "Let's get out of here," Karuma tells the others, able to tell even from here from the still form of their target that he's dead. Gunning the engine and ready to move.
[20:17] <Kotono> OOC - Where are you headed?
[20:17] * Chisato just starts hopping roofs, taking a roundabout way back to her car.
[20:18] <Karuma-chan> OOC: I'm going to ride back onto the main road and then along the route they took to get here, before heading out of town.
[20:19] <Chisato> OOC: Going to detransform in private, get to my car, take a slight roundabout to buy a box of chocolates, then head out of town too.
[20:19] <Cruel_Angel> OOC: I'm with Karuma-chan - transformed now, but I'm stuck for a few hours anyway so no real choice there.
[20:19] <Kotono> OOC - Okay, are all of you meeting anywhere or just scurrying away?
[20:23] <Karuma-chan> "Meet up away from here," Karuma tells Anastasia through the radio, before starting her bike and roaring out of this side-road. "I'll pick you up by the overpass at 16th street, North of their apartment."
[20:24] <Cruel_Angel> "Acknowledged," Ana says, a bit startled at the sudden takeoff but aware of the sense. Ducking back into the same alley she used to transform, she takes a moment to conceal herself from all eyes, before heading in the direction of the rendezvous point.
[20:29] <Kotono> It's later in the afternoon when you arrive at Alexandria's mansion. The sun is sinking quickly behind the stately structure, the fountain gushing clear, cool crystalline water. At the front door her servant awaits, hands behind his back and door closed.
[20:32] * Ana-chan slips off of Karuma's motorcycle, having finally managed to calm herself down enough to return to her usual self.
[20:33] * Karuma-chan likewise dismounts, sighing as she takes off her helmet and musses her hair a bit to get some life back into it. "Good afternoon," she greets the servant casually as she walks up to the door.
[20:34] * Chisato steps out of her car, smiling a little bit, and leaning into the frame for a moment. Big job! ...Yeah, reeaaallly big. Either way, she steps up behind Karuma, smiling and ready to talk to their employer.
[20:37] <Kotono> "Mistress is inside," he says, opening the door and leading the group along. Away from the stairs, towards the various rooms on the first floor. By the direction and the paintings, it looks like the viewing/entertainment room is on the target.
[20:38] <Karuma-chan> Presumably she's watching the news. Karuma finds herself a bit worried as to what's on it - that was far more extravagant than any of her usual work.
[20:39] * Chisato takes a deep breath. Really, it wasn't the -worst- job she'd done as far as noise...honestly, that car bomb probably had an explosion even half the size...
[20:40] * Ana-chan can't help but pick up on the mood, not exactly happy about the results of the day's work herself.
[20:44] <Kotono> In this grand watching room Alexandria sits. The large screen TV is on to the news - an aerial shot of the carnage! An entire block ruined and closed off, the ticker reading 'Downtown Terror - 23 confirmed dead, several more wounded.'
[20:46] <Karuma-chan> "I suppose I might feel bad about twenty one of them," Karuma remarks laconically as she enters. And while she might seem a little bothered, it's not so much guilt over the senseless death, and more irritation at the messy job, that galls her. The Left Hand of God should not be so imprecise.
[20:47] <Chisato> "Nineteen, he had two yakuza with him," Chisato idly corrects, raising an eyebrow at the TV, though showing no...outward care. She got to blow up one of her toys! It worked! ...Okay, her masterpiece targeting system -didn't-, but the bomb did!
[20:48] * Ana-chan shakes her head, offering no comment. Plans seldom go perfectly, but this failing in particular runs against her normally stealthy nature.
[20:51] <Kotono> "Twenty three dead...I'm sure all the gossips and paranoid will rant about Magmum Deus 666.." So Alexandria intently watches the TV, curious. "It's not the death - it's how it happened that bothers all of you?"
[20:52] <Chisato> "It doesn't particularly bother me," Chisato admits with a slight shrug. "Somewhat larger than the norm...but well, bombings in broad daylight rarely go well in the subtlety department."
[20:52] <Ana-chan> "Yes," Ana says, shaking her head. "Far too messy, and there was no time to deal with cleaning the scene afterwards - the explosion drew too much attention."
[20:53] <Karuma-chan> "If I had qualms about killing people, I'd have never instigated this line of work," Karuma replies. "Where any of those bystanders more or less innocent than poor Dietwoman Hijo?" she shrugs elegantly. "But I agree with the others, such a loud and messy scene is unbecoming."
[20:58] <Kotono> "I see, I see..." Alexandria steeples her hands together, as the news goes on about this. Terror, chaos, with Prime Minister Koizumi assuring the people that everything is alright, with that slightly dopey smile of his, the one that has charmed so many.
[21:00] <Karuma-chan> He does have fantastic hair, Karuma has to admit. She'd have voted for him if she was old enough at the last election! "What of your thoughts, Miss Alexandria Ourobouros?" she asks, "Will the death of innocents keep you awake at night?"
[21:02] <Kotono> "Will I, Miss Karuma?" Alexandria only s miles, "Over half the world died twenty years ago. Compared to that, this is...merely something that happened. These things happen."
[21:06] * Ana-chan remains quiet for the moment, still a bit downcast at the poor showing they'd made - and at her own rather insignificant role in the entire matter.
[21:06] <Karuma-chan> "Quite," Karuma nods, sitting down primly. Or as primly as one can in what amounts to a leather catsuit. "Now, as to the matter of payment, I'm not sure who can say what killed Ukio, however, I believe that Yoshiro's sudden expiration was my doing, at least."
[21:08] <Kotono> "All that's left is to quibble over whom takes the triumph of the murder. Tell me what happened..." Alexandria asks, awaiting. "The news is still vague."
[21:10] <Karuma-chan> "Ukio's foresight seemed to abandon him, for they turned towards where we had a bomb planted," Karuma begins. "Seeking to capitalise on this mistake, I happened to arrange a..." she pauses, then shrugs. "Well, after today, no sense beating around the bush. I picked up their car with the power of my mind and hurled it towards the bomb Miss Chisato had so expertly prepared..." she trails off to let the eldest take over.
[21:13] <Chisato> "And once they landed, I blew it up," Chisato provides, shrugging. "One way or another, Ukio and the goons were dead, Yoshiro was barely alive. My follow up shot missed, I dodged return fire, Anastasia's knives tore him up, and then Karuma picked him up, and dropped him on his skull to locate the necessary vital organ for death within."
[21:16] <Kotono> "I see..." Alexandria smiles as she hears the details, watching the TV and listening to the story told. "You'll be paid and paid well. I'm only dissapointed that..mmm."
[21:17] <Karuma-chan> "Hmm?" Karuma cocks her head at Alexandria, wondering exactly what the source of her disappointment could be.
[21:20] <Kotono> "No matter," Alexandria smiles, rising. "The money will bein your accounts at the end of the day. Go."
[21:21] * Karuma-chan shrugs, getting up herself. She needs to put her bike in the garage and then take a shower...
[21:22] * Ana-chan leaves wordlessly, heading up to her room without waiting for any of the others.
[21:22] * Chisato nods, slipping out of the room. She has to attend to ehr home life, and then to relax...

Halbarad

[15:05] <@Karuma-chan> -------------
[15:11] <@Karuma-chan> Three days after the deaths of the Daikage brothers, it's a misty morning at Alexandria's mansion outside of Tokyo when Karuma decides to pay a visit on the other assassin in residence after her morning yoga session. Strolling down the hall to the Russian's room, she briefly raps her knuckles on the door.
[15:12] <@Ana-chan> "Come in," Ana replies somewhat quietly. She hasn't been out and about much since the completion of the mission, a bit disheartened by the fact that she was able to contribute almost nothing past the ideas stage.
[15:15] * @Karuma-chan slips inside, closing the door behind her. She's dressed rather informally, not at all the usual business-like appearance she likes to cultivate when meeting Alexandria - a pair of blue sweatpants and a tank top are all that's worn, the esper not having changed since her morning exercises.
[15:15] <@Karuma-chan> "Haven't seen you much in the last few days," she observes, tossing a cellophane wrapped package to Anastasia. "It's melon bread," she offers, holding a similar package herself.
[15:17] * @Ana-chan gives her housemate a small smile. "Thanks," she says, dipping her head briefly. Picking up the snack, she stretches a bit, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. "I suppose I have been rather quiet," she admits. "A bit disappointed in the mission."
[15:20] <@Karuma-chan> "Uh huh," Karuma sits herself on the bed without waiting for an invite, folding her legs beneath herself and tearing open her package. "Not my usual style, either. What bothered you about it?" she asks, before biting into the store-bought loaf and adopting a rather pleased expression at the taste of her favourite snack.
[15:22] <@Ana-chan> "Mostly the fact that I couldn't really DO anything," Ana shakes her head a bit. "I know I suggested the idea in a way, but the concept of actually blowing up a target is just... I don't know. I couldn't do anything to help - my training never really covered anything about explosives - and even when we did get them in the open I did next to nothing. I don't like feeling useless."
[15:28] <@Karuma-chan> "Perhaps you would have done more if we had actually stuck to the original plan - we gave them too much credit to think they'd avoid both me and the bombs, I suppose," Karuma remarks, polishing off her melon bread in short order. "Still, I'm sure you'll have other chances to prove your murderous talents in the future."
[15:31] * @Ana-chan smiles wryly at that. "I suppose so - from the sound of the engine I don't half wonder if they were trying to run us down entirely." At that she unwraps the bread, taking a thoughtful bite. "That and I suppose the end result is something neither of us was particularly happy with - I mean, everything I was ever trained for emphasized stealth over just about everything, and to be that... mmm. Obvious? about a kill just feels wrong, somehow.
[15:32] <@Ana-chan> "
[15:35] <@Karuma-chan> "I won't disagree that it was considerably more messy than I'd prefer," Karuma agrees.
[15:35] <@Karuma-chan> "Even when I arrange messy deaths for people, I like them to appear coincidental, and a giant explosion followed a battle that wouldn't look out of place in an anime doesn't exactly fit the bill, but I can't dispute the effectiveness. Mmm... I even feel a little disappointed they died so quickly. I've never heard of anyone like myself, so I was interested in just what they could do."
[15:36] <@Ana-chan> "True to that," Ana nods. "The elder brother sounded like a good challenge to my skills, but I barely had time for a single strike before you managed to kill him. It was barely more difficult than the other kills I've made, and those were all 'normal' people."
[15:38] <@Karuma-chan> "Surviving both the crash and the explosion while still having some fight in him was telling in its own right, at least," Karuma murmurs. "Mmm, anyway, hopefully our employer's next mission will allow for some more elegance in the execution than that demonstrated."
[15:39] <@Ana-chan> "It's something to hope for, at least," Ana nods, crossing her legs as she finishes off the last of her bread. "I do recall one thing that surprised me from the debriefing, though - you actually threw the car yourself?"
[15:42] <@Karuma-chan> "Yes," Karuma sighs, examining her nails, "I'd assumed the true nature of my powers was made obvious when I finished off Yoshiro. I prefer to mislead my clients and victims alike so they think of me as a maiden of misfortune, letting them wonder exactly how I arrange such outlandish accidents. The truth of the matter is that I can simply grab things with my mind - Telekinesis, I believe it's called."
[15:47] <@Ana-chan> "Tele-what?" Ana says, looking a bit confused - the word isn't one she's familiar with. "I can understand why you'd keep such a power a secret - I haven't exactly been forthcoming with what I can do, either. Still, though, if it's completely undetectable I'd imagine that would make most of your work rather simple."
[15:51] <@Karuma-chan> "It has indeed," Karuma nods negligently. "Though I wonder how long it will remain simple, if our latest task was any indication. I had thought I was unique in the world for the longest time - But I suppose it's only natural that if I would keep my... condition, secret, so would others."
[15:54] * @Ana-chan snorts. "Mine was kept a secret for most of my life, although not by my choice - although I can hardly complain, I haven't exactly made it common knowledge once I DID have the ability to choose for myself, either." She smirks at that. "I was supposed to be a secret weapon, of sorts."
[15:55] <@Karuma-chan> "Fear of that was exactly why I kept this secret close to me," Karuma nods, peering intently at Anastasia. "So... what was it like?" she asks, interested.
[16:03] <@Ana-chan> "Not much fun," Ana says, shaking her head. "Nearly constant training every day, conditioning... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy," the blonde replies solemnly. "My guardian managed to get me out of Russia and away from the organization behind it, but they tracked us down in Sapporo a few months ago." She shakes her head a bit. "Dmitri didn't make it."
[16:08] <@Karuma-chan> "Ahh, I'm sorry," Karuma offers perfunctorily. "That's why you were so eager to take Magnum Deus 666's protection, then?"
[16:11] * @Ana-chan nods. "I don't mind the work - it's certainly nice to be trained to do a job, and to take pride in doing that job well - but I have no wish to return to captivity in Russia, which I don't doubt would happen if I did get taken back." She smiles very slightly. "So instead I'll be a secret weapon for another organization - but at least this one is treating me far better, at least on the front end of things."
[16:17] <@Karuma-chan> "Yes... thus far, Miss Ourobouros has kept up her end - I checked my bank the other day and the money was deposited as expected. Just so long as we remain useful to her, we should be fine..." Karuma does look and sound a bit pensive, however.
[16:19] <@Ana-chan> "Thus you see part of my dilemma," Ana says a bit more quietly. "I know what I can do, but I tend to be looked upon as less able because of my blindness. If it came down to 'cutting the fat' out of the team right now, would I not be a perfect choice for that?" She sighs a bit. "Regardless, it's probably too early to say on that note." She falls quiet for a moment, then looks up at Karuma. "On that note, could I ask you a somewhat... odd, question
[16:20] <@Ana-chan> ?"
[16:21] <@Karuma-chan> "Go ahead," Karuma nods softly, pondering over that first part.
[16:22] <@Ana-chan> "On the subject of money... what exactly is reasonable to ask for in regards to this kind of work?" She blushes a bit. "I was caught completely off guard when Alexandria first asked me - I never learned anything about working for myself, so I had no idea what was appropriate to ask. Her first offer was half a million yen, which seemed awfully low."
[16:26] <@Karuma-chan> "Um..." Karuma blinks at that sudden change in topic. "Er, yes... that's the kind of money an angry spouse would pay a crackhead to off their partner, not that sort of fee we should be commanding. Personally I gauge the fee based on the job, but even for a simple job you should charge at least ten times that, I'd think."
[16:28] * @Ana-chan snorts a bit. "I ended up taking six times that, and was rather surprised when she didn't try to negotiate at all - I suppose that's why." She sighs a bit. "Something else to learn, I suppose - seems for all I know how to do, there's always something missing."
[16:31] <@Karuma-chan> "Yes, the base payment for the Daikage siblings was a bit low, but I chose not to push too high since she was paying for all four of us, so I didn't think my usual fee would be appropriate. The bonus made up for it, at least," Karuma shrugs eloquently. "I suppose working for the Russians you've never had to handle the business side of it for yourself. My first few jobs were probably undersold as well, at least before I built my reputation.
[16:32] <@Karuma-chan> reputation..."
[16:34] * @Ana-chan grins wryly. "I was more or less intended to be pointed at a target and left to take care of it, yes," the Russian replies. "If money was involved, I doubt I'd ever hear anything about it other than as a threat to make sure the job was done properly." That earns another snort. "As if I'd ever do a job improperly."
[16:38] * @Karuma-chan shakes her head. "So others can grow fat off your hard work? Sickening," she mutters. "Clearly you're well rid of them."
[16:41] <@Ana-chan> "You will find no argument from me," Ana agrees. "As for Magnum Deus 666? If they can prevent those in Russia from taking me back and at the same time let me be what I was made to be? I see no reason not to work for them, more so if I'm paid for my work." She giggles slightly. "The money is certainly better than I made as a musician."
[16:44] * @Karuma-chan snorts. "There are singers that make more than we do, trust me on that," she remarks. "Anyway, to what you were saying earlier - I wouldn't worry about Alexandria cutting the fat' as you put it. She clearly knows exactly what we're capable of - the fact that she treats us so callously worries me, for she's clearly no fool to be taken in by your blindness, but by the same token, I do not expect her to discard a potentially useful re
[16:47] <@Karuma-chan> resource."
[16:50] * @Ana-chan nods. "I've been trying to remind myself of that - she's clearly no fool - but I can't help but worry a bit, either. I guess I've gotten somewhat used to people seeing my blindness as a crippling weakness, and I've been expecting her to react the same."
[16:51] <@Karuma-chan> "You haven't seemed especially crippled that I've seen," Karuma observes. "I'd never even have known if you hadn't told me."
[16:55] <@Ana-chan> "There are a few things that are rather hard. Finding my way from one place to another can be a challenge if I don't have a definite route to follow, since I can't exactly read street signs. Most of the other obstacles that I'm told the blind face I've managed to find a way around in one way or another, but that's the hardest part. That and scouting on my own, as far as the art itself goes."
[16:57] <@Karuma-chan> "Hmm... you keep calling it that," Karuma notes, stretching out. "The Art... it makes you sound like a martial artist."
[17:00] <@Ana-chan> "It's the best way to describe it, at least to me," Ana says with a shrug. "It sounds like your methods are much the same - there's a certain skill and creativity that's involved in crafting a kill that's completely undetectable, isn't there? To go back and look later at something you crafted that went off flawlessly - is that not the pride an artist feels in their work?"
[17:02] <@Karuma-chan> "Heh," Karuma chuckles softly, "I concede your point, that is much how I look at it, after all." Getting off the bed and standing up, "Maybe we'll be able to show each other something more artistic on our next task, perhaps?"
[17:08] <@Ana-chan> "It is certainly something to be hoped for," Ana says, nodding. With a mock frown she flounces out of the bed. "Bah! I've been cooped up in here for too long - I should get out and get some exercise or I shall turn into a useless lump of lead."
[17:10] * @Karuma-chan smiles at seeing some more life in the usually bubbly Russian. "Good - tell you what, maybe tomorrow we could try exercising together?" she offers, "I'm going to get cleaned up and then go into town to pick up a few things, now."
[17:10] <@Ana-chan> "That sounds fine," Ana says with a nod. "Hmm... actually, if you're headed into town, would it be all right if I accompanied you? I've been meaning to do some shopping myself with some of my recent proceeds."
[17:12] <@Karuma-chan> "Sure - I'll meet you at the garage in ten minutes?" Karuma nods, going to open the door and depart to her own room to change.
[17:14] <@Ana-chan> "That sounds fine," Ana replies with a smile and a wave. "I'll meet you down there, then!" And with that, the blonde heads back into her own bathroom, deciding to get freshened up herself a bit before the trip.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Halbarad

[12:11] <@Ana-chan> -------
[12:14] <@Ana-chan> After a short pause to get ready to head out, the two young assassins head out towards Tokyo, an afternoon in the shopping district high on the list of entertainment! While the older Shibuya district is no longer the haven for capitalism that it once was, business has moved to other districts, and Akihabara soon sees the pair dismounting from Karuma's motorcycle and headed off to see what they can find.
[12:15] * @Ana-chan shakes her head as she removes the helmet from her head. "Brrr.... your motorcycle is still going to take some getting used to, Karuma-san," the blonde says, shivering a bit. "It's so much different from riding in a car, and the way it leans sometimes... It's exciting, but strange."
[12:16] <@Karuma-chan> "I prefer the freedom it has over a car, even if it isn't always quite as convenient - Don't get anything too bulky," Karuma warns on that note as she takes off her helmet and secures her vehicle, wrapped up in her leathers. "There's isn't exactly much room under the seat."
[12:17] <@Ana-chan> "I don't think that should be much of  worry," Ana says with a wry smile. "The only thing I'd really like to get I'll probably need to place an order for, so I doubt I'll be taking anything with me today other than perhaps clothes."
[12:19] <@Karuma-chan> "I just need to pick up some groceries myself - much as I appreciate our host's hospitality, I like to know exactly what I'm eating," Karuma offers for herself, "What sort of clothes are you looking for?"
[12:21] <@Ana-chan> "Oh, nothing definite - I haven't decided on getting anything in particular. It's just fun to shop sometimes - it's better than having what you wear chosen for you, at least," she says wryly.
[12:24] * @Chizuru-san rummages around the aisles, following the bevy of bright lights and delightfully industrial clothing with her eyes and a gleeful smirk. Yes, shopping was an entertaining distraction - especially after the tension strings from the last mission. Nothing better to just mindlessly relax than blowing off a small fortune in disposable trinkets, no?
[12:25] <@Karuma-chan> "I suppose so," Karuma demurs as they head into a nearby fashion outlet, not showing much interest beside keeping Anastasia company. "Hmm... is that Chizuru?" she murmurs, spotting a familiar... face. Among other attention-grabbing features.
[12:26] <@Ana-chan> "Hmm?" Ana says, turning her head from side to side - Karuma can barely hear the blind girl sniffing a bit. "I suppose it could be, someone nearby's wearing her perfume at least."
[12:28] <@Karuma-chan> "It is," Karuma affirms after a moment more of study, trotting over to catch up with the older woman. "Funny coincidence seeing you here," she comments dryly once she's close enough to speak normally.
[12:31] * @Chizuru-san keeps walking as she peeks through, a windowshopper's sharp eyes gazing at her desire - oh, did someone notice her? Glancing back, Chizuru blinks and quickly approaches as a smile grows. "Oh, Karuma-chan! Ana-chan! What a coincidence seeing you two over here! I was just rummaging through the shops today, since I've got a day off!"
[12:32] <@Ana-chan> "Much the same for us, really," Ana says with a smile. "I've been cooped up for the past few days, wanted to get out and stretch my legs a bit."
[12:33] <@Karuma-chan> "Day off?" Karuma raises an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you have a day job as well?"
[12:34] * @Chizuru-san snickers wryly. "Of course. I didn't graduate in Chemistry just for show, you know."
[12:37] <@Karuma-chan> "Such a strong work ethic you must have," Karuma smiles, idly running her fingers along the fabric of a random garment on the rack nearby. "What do you do normally, then?"
[12:41] * @Chizuru-san dramatically poses, covering her mouth with the back of her palm and smiles, as if she prepared a glamorous speech to Karuma. Gazing the assassin colleague with a humorous eye, she coughs and continues. "I am a chemical researcher at Neo Tokyo University, as well as a adjunt teacher and lecturer. It's a fairly pompous resume entry, so to speak."
[12:42] * @Ana-chan just shakes her head, flipping through the blouses on the nearest rack. "Sounds rather impressive - have you been working there for a very long time?"
[12:43] <@Karuma-chan> "I'm sure nobody ever misses a class when you're around," Karuma chips in amusedly.
[12:45] * @Chizuru-san smiles rather maliciously, a sharp glint rising in her amethyst eyes. "You could say that, Karuma-chan. Fortunately, I don't frequent classrooms that often. And not that long, Ana-chan. I've been there for less than two years."
[12:48] * @Ana-chan smiles wryly, losing interest in the clothing rack rather quickly. "I never did get along with chemistry all that well myself - better you than me. Once I got past the basics I pretty much forgot everything I ever learned."
[12:50] <@Karuma-chan> "Did you actually have much a formal education, Anastasia?" Karuma asks, somewhat interested. "Your Japanese is rather good, after all."
[12:52] <@Ana-chan> "I suspect most of my education was fairly typical," Ana shrugs. "I had some extremely intense training in a few unusual areas, but from other people I've talked to a lot of the general education I got was the same. I learned the basics of Japanese while I was in Russia, but moving here has helped more than anything."
[12:54] <@Karuma-chan> "I never learned any foreign languages, even though my mother was from overseas." Karuma manages to look faintly embarrassed, "Didn't seem much point in learning English, even if everyone spoke it before I was born."
[12:56] <@Ana-chan> "I suspect I would have come here on... business, occasionally, if I'd remained in Russia," Ana explains. "It was something I learned rather late - almost like an afterthought. It's come in quite useful, at least."
[13:08] <@Chizuru-san> "Hm. If we're speaking of language, I think I've got you both beat", Chizuru brags with a silly smile. "I can speak Portuguese, English and Russian as well. Almost a requirement if you want to navigate fluently in Japan's higher society, I'd say."
[13:10] <@Ana-chan> Anastasia's eyebrows rise in surprise. "You can speak Russian as well? I had no idea!" she says, rather impressed. <Have you spoken Russian for long? How fluent are you? Where did you learn it?> the blonde babbles in a virtual torrent of Russian.
[13:11] * @Karuma-chan looks slightly ill at being surrounded by polyglots. It's been a while since she felt so foolish...
[13:12] <@Chizuru-san> "<Calm down, calm down. First, I've learned Russian during high school, and been improving on it since college. I'm a self-learner, mostly. It was more a necessity than anything! And, for fluency... well, I'm talking to you, no?>" As she finishes the line, Chizuru winks to Ana, smiling amusedly.
[13:13] * @Ana-chan grins widely, although in deference to Karuma she slips back into Japanese. "Amazing - it's been ages since I've heard my native tongue. Dmitri insisted that we speak in Japanese at home - which helped me learn it faster, I'll admit - and I haven't had an opportunity to meet many people that travel out of the country."
[13:16] * @Chizuru-san nods and stretches lazily, grinning as she looks back to Ana. "Well, you just need to go to the right places if you want to meet that kind. However, I'd recommend against it myself - they're a bunch of obnoxious little fools. And their expertise on the language is lacking as well."
[13:18] <@Karuma-chan> "I've never had much time for high society myself," Karuma admits with a shrug, trying to get back into the conversation. "Except for the odd business transaction, but I spare the niceties in those cases."
[13:19] <@Ana-chan> "I think I'll pass - I doubt I'd want to get any attention from that sort," Ana replies, shrinking back into herself a bit self-consciously. "About the only people I ever spoke with much were fellow travelers when I was working my way down from Sapporo, and some of the.... patrons? at the jazz club where I used to work. Most people have been kind enough, though."
[13:21] * @Chizuru-san nods to both. "Quite frankly, the uptown life isn't all that exciting. It's just very convenient to trudge along when you have... say... hidden interests. But I'm sure you girls have no need for that."
[13:22] <@Karuma-chan> "I did all my business online before our current employer tracked me down," Karuma admits, narrowing her eyes. "I still need to find out how she managed that."
[13:23] <@Ana-chan> "I'd like to know the same myself," Ana says quietly, shaking her head. "Especially given the fact that I wasn't... ah, practicing, before she called me."
[13:25] <@Chizuru-san> "We're all in the same boat regarding this. I have no idea how she managed to find out about my... earlier years. It'd probably be bad for us if we found out, regardless. Lady Alexandria can be very tricky..."
[13:27] <@Karuma-chan> "The woman's a snake, no doubt about it," Karuma states succinctly. "But while ignorance may be bliss, I'd feel better knowing what mistakes I made to let them track me down, so that I can avoid them in future."
[13:28] <@Ana-chan> "It is very vexing," Ana says with a slight frown. "She knew about my background in Russia, no less - there can't be more than a dozen people outside of the facility where I was raised that knew about me and what I could do. How she could find out..." The blonde shakes her head. "She nearly gave me a heart attack when she called me by name."
[13:30] * @Chizuru-san squints her eyes and sighs, slightly crestfallen. "You don't say. It was even more frightening to me."
[13:32] <@Karuma-chan> "We all appear to be in the same situation," Karuma nods sadly. "At least I can't fault the money, but I dislike being kept on a leash. It's not how I normally do business, and there's no telling when that leash could turn itself into a noose."
[13:34] <@Ana-chan> "What can we do for now, though? I would assume that she has some sort of connections to find out what she does, but how would we do the same for her? I certainly know no one in Japan that could help with that, and the few people I know in Russia that could would hardly be interested in offering me assistance."
[13:37] <@Karuma-chan> "For now?" Karuma puts on a smile. "I plan on doing as I'm told. If I can find out more..." she shrugs eloquently, "Then we'll see. For now I'm going to keep things professional. She hasn't gone back on anything she's said so far, after all."
[13:37] * @Chizuru-san capitulates, resting her chin over the palm of her hand. "Truth be told, it's unlikely we could do anything to begin with. If she knew that much about us... if she felt we were a threat, she could certainly swat us down like flies anyway. I think we got off easy in this one, no matter how much the leash idea bothers us."
[13:39] * @Ana-chan nods glumly. "I suppose I should be used to the idea, and it's better than what I'd expected from the - er, from my former teachers," Ana admits. "At least I have a measure of freedom this way, which is certainly more than I could say in Russia."
[13:40] <@Karuma-chan> "Quite," Karuma agrees. "No sense rocking the boat while we're being treated and paid well, after all."
[13:42] <@Ana-chan> "Anyway!" Ana says, clapping her hands as she brightens up. "We're here to take our mind off things for a while anyway, so I'm not about to let something else get me down again! Although I think clothes shopping is out - are clothes always this dark in winter? It was like this last year too, I remember."
[13:42] <@Chizuru-san> "My thoughts exactly. It's a good contract for us so far, and, really, even if I found out something darker behind the curtains... I'm not sure I'd be willing to break free. It's a risk I'd rather not run."
[13:43] * @Karuma-chan nods to Chizuru before turning her attention to Anastasia. "Dark is typical for Winter in most places, yes," she confirms. "I prefer those shades anyway, myself..."
[13:44] <@Chizuru-san> "You can, however, pick up some lighter tones. I prefer gray and brown shades for winter clothing myself, and it looks far more refreshing than the sea of darkness we see hanging around!"
[13:46] * @Ana-chan sighs. "Such a shame... I've never liked dark colors much, and I've had more than enough of drab in winter to last me the rest of my life," she says with a snort. "Try a Siberian winter sometime - I feel like I could go in short sleeves in Tokyo most of the time. Most people in Russia could care less about the color, so long as it's good and warm."
[13:47] <@Karuma-chan> "I'm sure you'll love the Spring fashions, next year," Karuma smiles gamely, trying to cheer the other girl up.
[13:48] <@Chizuru-san> "She would have to be careful to not get dressed like a Christmas tree, though. Spring fashion in Japan is so tacky", Chizuru snorts in a chuckle.
[13:48] * @Ana-chan shakes her head. "It's not a problem, really - it's not like I lack for clothes at the moment anyway. I shall just have to be patient, that's all," she says with a sharp nod.
[13:52] <@Karuma-chan> "I'd be more worried about certain colourful Winter fashions," Karuma shakes her head, looking over at a fellow shopper in a hideous green and red ensemble. "Honestly, she looks like an elf," she mutters.
[13:53] * @Chizuru-san nods, nonchalantly advancing towards the shopping paradise. "Well then, why don't we rummage through a few shops to find some clothes? Hopefully, we'll get some garments that will bring the best of our complexions instead of looking like a Santa Claus reject."
[13:54] <@Karuma-chan> "I suppose I could afford a new outfit or two," Karuma smiles devilishly, following after Chizuru. Her bank balance is nicely padded at the moment, if nothing else.
[13:54] * @Ana-chan covers a giggle at that. "I'll trust to your fashion sense, then. I usually just pick out things that feel right, but I have no idea whether it's anything to look at or not."
[13:55] * @Chizuru-san snickers. "Oh, don't worry. Karuma and I will make sure your clothes look absolutely stunning! Isn't that right, Karu-chan?"
[13:57] * @Karuma-chan raises an eyebrow. "I'm not sure if I could, ah... pull off, the same styles you favour, Miss Chizuru," she replies with a brief once-over the other woman's voluptous figure. "But if you have any ideas, maybe a little experimentation wouldn't hurt."
[14:00] * @Chizuru-san grins wickedly, her eyes shining in glee. She seems to enjoy shopping rather a lot... "Don't worry. Ana-chan's not the kind of girl who would look good in such daring outfits... I promise I won't put her on something particularly naughty. If anything, you can help me control my darkest impulses, right?" With a wink, Chizuru spins and looks ahead, searching for a suitable store to chew away the trio's money in exchange for glorious clothing!
[14:01] * @Ana-chan raises an eyebrow curiously at that, curious as to just how Chizuru DOES present herself with that kind of a description. She leans over to whisper to Karuma. "I haven't let myself into trouble with this, have I?"
[14:03] <@Karuma-chan> "It could be interesting, I think," Karuma grins, following after Chizuru.
[14:08] * @Chizuru-san enters a store of her preference and is promptly greeted by a meekly attendant! Between smiles and snickers, she looks at Ana-chan, then returns to the conversation with the lady attendant. Once she's done, the attendant rushes to the back. Chizuru then smiles, turning to Karuma and Ana. "Soon, we'll have a bevy of clothes to stride through. Aren't you excited, Ana-chan?"
[14:09] <@Ana-chan> "Um... should I be?" Ana blushes a bit. "I'm curious to find out what you have in mind, certainly."
[14:11] <@Chizuru-san> "Now, now, don't be so uptight. I'm not putting you in miniskirts, at least not today. We're going to experiment some fall/winter fashion this afternoon, preferrably something cheerful."
[14:12] <@Karuma-chan> "We're very cheerful people," Karuma deadpans, face like stone for a moment before she cracks a smile.
[14:13] <@Ana-chan> "All right, I suppose there's nothing to be worried about in THAT, at least," Ana admits. "Although that 'today' part is going to bear discussing later, I think." She gives Chizuru a mock serious look.
[14:15] * @Chizuru-san grins. "Oh, don't worry, Summer is a ways away. Anyhow!" The attendant comes back, carrying so many clothes on her arms that her face is completely hidden by the pile! Chizuru smiles, takes Ana by the hand in a cheerful stride and heads for the dresser as the attendant haplessly follows!
[14:16] * @Karuma-chan follows along herself, content to observe for the moment.
[14:16] * @Ana-chan allows herself to be led, still a bit dubious but willing to go along for now.
[14:19] * @Chizuru-san nods to the attendant, who drops the clothes over a couch near the dresser, and cheerfully leads Ana inside the dresser. Upon leaving, she takes a look at the pile and starts sorting out a few pieces here and there while the attendant rushes to the back again. Apparently, Chizuru wants to sort out a lot of clothing, indeed... "Karuma-chan, could you help me, please?"
[14:21] <@Karuma-chan> "Sure," Karuma shrugs, strolling over to offer her assistance and taking a look over the selection.
[14:23] * @Chizuru-san picks up a beige, buttoned wool sweater. "Hmmm, wonder if this looks good...", she says without even blinking. "Need to find something to match with this!"
[14:25] * @Ana-chan idly fingers the garments on display, keeping her ears trained on Chizuru. Some of the sweaters are a bit rough, but winter's always been a balance between comfort and utility.
[14:27] <@Karuma-chan> "How about this?" Karuma hazards uncertainly, holding up a long light purple skirt. Her own fashion tastes veer from casual/comfortable to eccentric, so she's not sure what would get Chizuru's approval. Still, it makes a pleasing contrast with the beige.
[14:29] * @Chizuru-san looks at the skirt with a dubious expression, but ultimately folds. "I guess experimenting wouldn't hurt. I think Ana might want an acessory for this combination, though. Maybe a beret?"
[14:30] <@Ana-chan> "A beret?" Ana says, uncertain. "I've... never been much of a hat person, at least for fashion's sake."
[14:30] <@Karuma-chan> "Berets are good," Karuma nods her approval. "I think you could pull one off quite well, especially since you always wear those sunglasses."
[14:33] * @Chizuru-san claps delightedly, as hearts nearly form over her eyes! "Ohhhhhh, that's a great reminder, Karu-chan! Let's see! The sweater, the skirt and this..." - Chizuru nabs a petite, soft light-brown beret and runs to show it to Karuma! "... it wouldn't hurt to try!"
[14:33] <@Ana-chan> "I suppose so," Ana says thoughtfully. "I've heard that jazz musicians sometimes wear them, too, and that WAS a job I'd had for a while... kind of fun, too."
[14:34] <@Karuma-chan> "Give it a try, then!" Karuma grins, carried away by Chizuru's enthusiasm.
[14:36] * @Chizuru-san picks up the chosen clothes and heads to the dresser! She hands them to Ana-chan, completely ecstatic! "Try these on, hmmm, dearie? I'm sure these will look fabulous on you!"
[14:37] <@Ana-chan> "All right, why not," Ana says, grinning as she accepts the clothes from the pair and heads into the dressing room to change. "Oooh... I like the skirt. Very light... purple, is it?" A few moments later and the young blonde emerges, clad in tan and lavender. "So... um. How do I look?" She gives a twirl, the skirt flying up a bit as she shows off a bit for her friends.
[14:39] <@Chizuru-san> "Hmmmmmmm, those colors really make your complexions shine! I love the skirt!"
[14:39] <@Karuma-chan> "It works quite well for you," Karuma nods her approving agreement.
[14:42] <@Ana-chan> "It's comfortable, too - not too heavy," Ana nods her agreement. "At least growing up in Siberia has its advantages - I barely need to bundle up at all for a Tokyo winter." She plucks at the sleeve of the sweater. "And it looks good too?" She smiles brightly at that. "It's great to have someone that can give me tips on that."
[14:43] * @Chizuru-san smiles delightedly. "Don't worry, Ana-chan, we're here just for that. Anyhow, I'll sort these for a purchase, then. But please don't stop at that! We're here to shop, and stopping in a single attire just won't do!"
[14:44] * @Ana-chan giggles. "I suppose not - it's not like I'm scraping for my last few yen at this point, is it?"
[14:45] <@Chizuru-san> "Indeed!", Chizuru chortles. "Now, go back to the dressing room so I can sort this combination, will you? We have plenty more clothes to test!"
[14:45] <@Ana-chan> "All right, I'm going," Ana replies with a wry smile, heading back to get re-attired in her own clothes.
[14:48] * @Chizuru-san picks up the clothes and sorts them apart from the gigantic pile stacked in front of the girls. As soon as that's done with, she goes back to the pile, hunting for more snazzy clothes! "Now, we should look for something less casual, hm?"
[14:50] <@Karuma-chan> "Yes, something for business use would be good," Karuma agrees, joining the hunt! "How about this?" she picks up a rather sharp black button-up blazer with a white collar, perhaps betraying her own tastes more than anything else.
[14:52] * @Chizuru-san looks at the blazer with an interested, sharp gaze, and mulls it over a bit. "Hmmm, this looks nice. We could pair it up with a working skirt and a lighter overcoat, too..."
[14:53] <@Karuma-chan> "It'd work with pants as well," Karuma offers. "But I suppose you're more of a skirt person, Anastasia..." she considers thoughtfully.
[14:54] * @Ana-chan returns from the dressing room, the previous selections draped over one arm. "So is my next modeling idea ready yet?" she says wryly.
[14:54] <@Chizuru-san> "Pants would be a waste of her build, really. She begs for attire that makes her as feminine as possible."
[14:56] * @Ana-chan raises an eyebrow at that assessment, but doesn't really argue. She's never really thought of it that way, but she's always favored skirts herself, so maybe there's something to it.
[14:57] <@Chizuru-san> "Anyhow!" Chizuru collects the clothes selected so far, adds in a white long-sleeved shirt for the combination and hands it over to Ana. "Let's see how this one will turn out, hmm?"
[14:58] <@Ana-chan> "Hmm... seems a bit stiff compared to what I'm used to, but that's why I asked for the help - to get ideas for things I'm NOT used to," Ana says, shaking her head. "Be back in a minute, then!" And once again the Russian disappears into the dressing room, leaving the other two to their own devices.
[15:00] <@Karuma-chan> "Sometimes you want to look imposing when dealing with a client," Karuma helpfully offers as Anastasia departs.
[15:03] <@Chizuru-san> "Also, you want to look impressive and elegant for some dealings as well. Looking respectable is what business wear is all about", Chizuru completes with a smirk.
[15:04] <@Ana-chan> It's a few minutes before Ana returns, looking very dapper in the black blazer with a matching skirt. She's left the coat unbuttoned, the white dress shirt beneath looking crisp and fresh. "Um... I think I know the idea," the blonde says uncertainly, twisting back and forth. "Does it look all right?"
[15:06] <@Karuma-chan> "Very sophisticated and professional," Karuma beams her approval. "You should buy it."
[15:07] <@Chizuru-san> "Hmmm. It looks plenty respectable to me. The best part of it is that you can just leave the overcoat when you don't want extra weight."
[15:09] <@Ana-chan> "Hmm, I guess so," Ana says, frowning a bit. "Seems kind of stiff and formal to me, but I guess there are times when I'll want to look like that. Anything else picked out yet? It'll save me another trip."
[15:11] <@Chizuru-san> "Hmmm. You want to pick something like a comfy pajama or something? Not going to bother with club dressing right now, but it would be nice to have some clothes especially for those winter nights, hmmm?"
[15:13] <@Ana-chan> "Maybe," Ana says thoughtfully. "I usually sleep fairly light, even in the winter - like I said, the cold here isn't that bad compared to what I'm used to, so it hasn't been much of a bother so far." She thinks for a moment. "Workout clothes I don't need - I only practice in one outfit, and that one's suited to me perfectly, so no need to change that." She turns her head to Chizuru. "What exactly would you pick for me to wear to a club, though?"
[15:14] <@Ana-chan> a club, though?"
[15:15] <@Chizuru-san> "Something alluring, rest assured. But that's a thought for another day! Now, just sort that set out so we can pick some more clothes, if you'd be so kind..." Chizuru cheerfully dismisses Ana and returns to the pile, voraciously sorting through nightgowns, pajamas and the likes!
[15:16] <@Ana-chan> "Alluring...?" Ana says, looking thoughtful as she heads back to remove the suit-like outfit.
[15:16] * @Karuma-chan helps Chizuru, picking out a few more possible combinations for their blind friend.
[15:19] * @Chizuru-san picks up a silk gown in a soothing light-green tone, with delicate flower patterns sown all over it. "Hmm, this looks so pretty. Not really appropriate for winter, but nice nonetheless!"
[15:25] * @Chizuru-san separates the gown and sorts through more clothing until she lands her eyes on a nice, lavender satin pajama set. She immediately picks it up and hands it to Ana! "This is going to look lovely, dear! Try it out!"
[15:26] * @Ana-chan returns a few minutes later, a rather neutral expression on her face as she adds the blazer combo to her pile of intended purchases. "Anything else, or- gah!" she says, almost immediately assaulted by the energized Chizuru. "What is it?"
[15:28] * @Chizuru-san chipperly hands Ana the nightgown and the pajama! "Try these out, dearie!"
[15:30] <@Ana-chan> "Um... okay?" Ana says, sweatdropping as she scurries back to the dressing room to try out the nightclothes. The pajamas are first, Ana returning a moment later - they're a little big for her, the cuffs reaching down to the middle of her hands. "I think you got my size a bit wrong, Miss Chizuru," the blonde says wryly.
[15:32] * @Chizuru-san frowns in disappointment. "Awww, that's a pity. Well, then, I'll see if they sell this in smaller size. Can you try the nightgown, meanwhile?"
[15:33] <@Ana-chan> "Not a problem," Anastasia replies cheerfully, quickly ducking back into the curtained-off room. It's a rather long time before either of the other two assassins see her emerge, and then it's just her head, a bright red blush on her face. "Um... is there anyone else around at the moment?"
[15:34] <@Karuma-chan> "Just us girls," Karuma chirps innocently.
[15:35] * @Ana-chan comes out at that news, still blushing fiercely. The gown is held up by spaghetti straps over the shoulders, the silk garment hugging all of Anastasia's curves very nicely. She's taken her hair down out of its usual ponytail as well, the golden tresses cascading down her back. "It... it feels divine, but I feel so exposed in this," she admits. "I always love the way silk feels on my skin, though."
[15:37] <@Karuma-chan> "Well, if you only wear it in bed, what difference does it make if you're exposed?" Karuma comments logically. "If it feels good, buy it!"
[15:38] * @Chizuru-san clasps her hands together and nearly swoons, hearts flying all over! It looks gorgeous! "Oh, don't worry about feeling a bit loose in that. That's a privilege for your bedtime. And if it feels comfortable, it's ideal for you! It looks wonderful, darling!"
[15:39] <@Ana-chan> "I suppose it's all right if I'm just wearing it to bed," Ana allows, still blushing fiercely. "I think I'm going to get changed back now, though," she says, quickly scurrying back to the dressing room! She emerges a moment later, still fingering the material of the nightgown as she emerges. "I think that'll do for today - I don't need to get an entire wardrobe, after all."
[15:40] * @Chizuru-san nods chipperly. "If that's what you want, Ana-chan. So! Let's pick up your selection, eh?"
[15:41] <@Karuma-chan> "Yes, like I said earlier, can't take that much on the bike," Karuma nods. "Still, a nice start, and you can come back again - I come into town every day while I'm staying at the mansion, so can give you a lift any time."
[15:43] <@Ana-chan> "That sounds great," Ana says with a smile. "It'll be a nice way to relax after my usual morning workout - oh, that reminds me! You'd mentioned maybe doing that tomorrow too - what sorts of things do you usually do for a workout?" Ana asks as she heads up to the counter to pay for her selections.
[15:44] <@Karuma-chan> "I do yoga and aerobics," Karuma smiles blithely as she strolls along with Anastasia. "Healthy mind, healthy body and all that."
[15:45] * @Chizuru-san delightedly accompanies the girls, already fashioning Ana's new clothes in the daily routine in a dazzling daydream!
[15:46] <@Ana-chan> "Oh, I've never tried yoga myself - most of what I do is some light aerobics to warm up, then gymnastic routines. Thankfully the mansion's got a nice gym for that, so there's plenty of room to practice in."
[15:47] <@Karuma-chan> "It's good for centering the mind," Karuma affirms. "Helped me a lot," she adds, tapping the side of her head meaningfully.
[15:49] * @Ana-chan grins slightly at that. "I guess it must be," she says with a slight giggle. "My mind's hardly my strong point, although it's enough to get the job done - that's the important part, anyway."
[15:53] <@Karuma-chan> "Not everyone can be so... blessed," Karuma states philosophically after a slight hesitation. "Anyway, anything else you wanted to buy while we're here? You mentioned ordering something, earlier."
[15:55] <@Ana-chan> "Oh, yes - I'll need to find a good music store, though. I've been wanting to get a better clarinet for a while, and I can finally afford a really good one." Ana says, nodding.
[15:58] <@Karuma-chan> "We'll go do that then I can pick up my groceries, then... hmm, what about you, Miss Chizuru? Shopping for anything special?" she asks the quietly ecstatic older woman.
[15:59] * @Chizuru-san recovers from her dazzled state long enough to muster a nod. "Well, I was just windowshopping before you came. If you enjoy my company, I'd be glad to stick around."
[16:00] <@Karuma-chan> "We'd be delighted if you did," Karuma smiles happily while Anastasia finalises her clothes purchases.
[16:02] * @Chizuru-san smirks cheerfully. "Then, it'll be my pleasure. This is shaping up nicely."
[16:02] * @Ana-chan finishes paying for her clothes - in cash, the others note - slipping her bag over her arm as she rejoins the others with a delighted smile. "Thanks for the help, both of you. It's a lot more fun to go clothes shopping with... friends," she says, giving each a cheery grin.
[16:06] <@Karuma-chan> "I admit, it is more interesting than my usual shopping," Karuma admits easily.
[16:07] <@Chizuru-san> "It's always nice to have a day out for shopping. It's been a while since I've done this alongside friendly company as well."
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.