News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

General Board Guidelines

Started by Anastasia, October 24, 2002, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A few ground rules. Hopefully there will never be any sort of problem around these parts, so I won't go too much into these.

1. Tag your story posts. Most can go into the first post of the story, with two exceptions. Lemons and darkfics should be tagged in the title so that people can avoid them if desired. For example, [Lemon]Ranma-chan, Ukyou and the pizza delivery boy.

2. C&C is good. Any C&C is welcome, even highly critical ones. By all means, get a dialogue going with the author, it's a great way to get feedback. Do keep it civil, outright flaming for the point of flaming isn't welcome.

3. Use spoiler tags if discussing spoilers. They are [.spoiler] and [./spoiler], minus the period. No one likes having stories spoiled for them.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Addendum:

Completed fanfics are open to discussion here as well, i.e. the Old Fic Glory topics.  In effect, if you want to talk about a certain story, make a topic about it here.  I will keep an eye on any debates that pop up over them, so play nice. :)

(Thanks for the edit, Drac :))
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Swiftly building guidelines for fic discussions...  If you are going to start a fic discussion here and going to have spoilers: PLEASE NOTE SO IN THE TOPIC OF THE DISCUSSION.  That is the most effective way to ensure everyone gets to decide whether or not they want to be spoiled on the fic.

Basically either a:
<Spoilers>
or a
*Spoilers*

placed prominantly in the topic of discussion.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

A long overdue edit of the rules here has been added to the first post. There's no serous changes, only rewrites. Isn't it funny how bad something you wrote 8 years ago can look?
<Afina> Forever.