News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Vicious/Meia: Face off!

Started by Bean Bandit, November 22, 2002, 12:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

Meia's dread tumbled end over end, though what seemed like an endless corridor of flashing blue light.

The kaliedescopic view was nauseating, and the bumpy nature of the ride did not help matters.

Meia was dimly aware of something coming up fast behind her, on a direct collision course. And, just when she was convinced she was about to die...

There was a flash, and her dread was expelled back into normal space.

At approximately the same velocity as a runaway missile.

Meia tumbled through space in her dread at high speed, whatever was pursuing her mysteriously vanished...

<----->

Sunlight streamed in through the windows of Vicious' chosen room of the safehouse, illuminating a fairly grim, forbidding and cold wintery day.

As he awoke, with a mild headache, he realized it was the day before he was to meet with Gren.

Preparations MUST be made.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

Vicious mumbled a something, probably profane.

Then he got out of bed, shook off his headache (after all, both personalities had felt worse), got dressed and equipped, and ran over what he had to do today.

1) Check on the warehouse.
2) See what wasn't there which he needed.
3) Get stuff he needs.
4) Find something else to occupy his time.

This plan firmly in mind, he moved off to wake up Lin..
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rezantis

Dropping her hands back onto the controls, 'Meia' shoved one ball down and the other up, slowing at least the Dread's roll... then moved on to trying to stop the tumbling.

". . . well, I suppose that would have been what that lady was talking about . . ."
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Bean Bandit

Meia's dread, ever so slowly, began to right itself. However, the movements of the fighter began to slow, but the momentum, lacking anything major to check it, continued unabated.

Meia caught the distinct impression of struggling as she tried to coax the dread into moving...
---

Bean Bandit

As Vicious entered Lin's room and attempted to wake him up, he immediately noticed two things.

One, Lin's pillow was soaked with blood.

And Two, while he was breathing, however faintly, he refused to wake up...
---

Rezantis

Checking that the dread wasn't immediately going to hit anything, Meia/Rez then started tapping on the central panel, trying to bring up the scanners - and get a status diagnostic, or something...

Carthrat

Pause.

"Well. Fuck."

The unfortunate lackey clearly needed emergency medical attention.

Vicious was fairly certain there wasn't any to be had on Callisto, and in his alternate minds eternal slackness, hadn't thought the injury was that serious...

..because Lin hadn't said anything about it, and it wasn't like his brains were leaking out or anything.

Carthrat internally slapped himself, then tried to remind his woefully underattentive mind how serious the situation was, and he couldn't afford to overlook *anything*.

So saying, he tried to recall first aid training on bleeding head wounds.. and wondered if it wasn't just a *little* too late to do something about it.

Shoving thoughts aside for the moment, he checked over Lin's wound (carefully!) to see the extent of the damage...

Taking extra effort to not cause more harm than good.

Bean Bandit

Meia's instruments all seemed to check out okay. After some investigation, She determined that the modified Dread's power plant was faltering, and only operating at 35% of capacity...

Which must have been why she was having a devil of a time getting the Dread to move on it's own...
---

Rezantis

Which in turn raised the questions of where the hell the dread was currently going, and where the hell the nearest planet or space station or anything was...

So, Rez/Meia rolled the dread over slowly a few times, doing a visual search to see if there was anything obviously close by...

Bean Bandit

Vicious could see that the bleeding had stopped, though the damage to the skull itself was troubling, but not necessarily fatal.

Medical attention DID seem warranted...
---

Carthrat

Shit.

He was on Callisto, a planet with no women, too many backstabbing rouges, and no law.

Where the HELL was he going to get a doctor?

For that matter, would getting a doctor be a smart thing to do, anyway?

Vicious sighed mentally, cursing his own incompetence, and the fact that Lin should have said *something*. After all, if you can walk and talk and take orders, nobodies gonna assume much is wrong with you unless you say so...

Well. First things first. Vicious carefully moved Lin off the bed, changed the sheets and pillow, and tucked him back in. Finding an icepack on the fridge, he stuck it on the wound to make sure it closed faster. Hopefully. Decent medical attention would have to wait. No way was Vicious moving Lin to the warehouse...

Pondering for a moment, he took out his cellphone and made a call to said warehouse...

Bean Bandit

Meia didn't see anything nearby. Off in the distance, there were hints and flashes that she wasn't alone, but the only thing nearby, aside from the starfields was a small asteriod belt...
---

Bean Bandit

On the third ring, a low, sultry woman's voice answered Vicious.

"Identify yourself."
---

Carthrat

"It's Vicious," replied Carthrat.

Hang on... wasn't Callisto supposed to be free of women?

Dammit. I'm *way* too slack to pull off Vicious...

Rezantis

OOC:  
(A) 'Hints and flashes'?
(B) I can see the asteroid belt?  Does that mean there's some activity there, is it right next to me, or is there some other reason I can see it?
(C) What direction are they?  The way I'm already coasting, or wha?